. And when you build an empire on such values. enriching it in more ways than they can imagine. we also meant we'll build an empire where values such as integrity. So it should hardly come as a surprise that we are an integral part of millions of people's lives.PHILOSOPHY
When we said we'll build an empire. Today. for most people we are the shinning example of enduring ideals in a changing world. trust and respect would be the corner stones. there is little doubt that you'll go wrong.
VISION Godrej in Every Home and Work Place MISSION Enriching Quality of Life Everyday Everywhere VALUES Integrity| Trust| To Serve Respect| Environment
. He was the first Indian manufacturer to displace well-entrenched foreign brands from the market. etched into the metal of his locks. became a symbol of selfreliance for the generations that followed. almost magical. • This indomitable force was born in 1897. Until you come across one that evokes pride and confidence in the heart of every Indian. seemingly blessed with a rare .HISTORY
• What's in a name. It is the name Godrej. The word Godrej. when a young man called Ardeshi Godrej gave up law and turned to lock making. you might ask. power.
Pirojsha. and then stunned the world by creating a soap from vegetable oils. Ardeshir's brother.
• Pirojsha Godrej laid the foundations for a throbbing enterprise at a sprawling industrial garden township outside Mumbai. But it was left to another man to carry it forward. It was here that the Godrej vision took concrete shape. What started as a dream had become a movement. He produced the finest security equipment.• With each new product Ardeshir changed perceptions about industry in India.
Ardershir Godrej gave up law and took up lock making. Mumbai. Godrej and Boyce Mfg. it was incorporated with limited liability. Even though Boyce was a business partner for a limited period only. was established at Lalbaug. The name 'Godrej' engraved into the shiny metal of the Godrej Locks came to be known as a symbol of self reliance. On 3rd March. his name was retained for legal purposes The Godrej Name • The Godrej Name displaced well established foreign brands from the Indian market. This was the holding company of the Godrej Group. 1932. 1897 Godrej & Boyce the holding company • On 7th May.On 7th May.. Co. trust-worthiness. assertiveness and progressiveness for a new generation of Indians.
. Ltd. 1897.
Godrej Soaps was renamed Godrej Industries Limited 2002 .Transelektra Domestic Products was acquired 1995 .Godrej Properties Limited.Godrej relaunched itself with new colourful logo and a fresh identity music
.Godrej Consumer Products was formed as a result of the demerger of Godrej Soaps Limited.Godrej Soaps Limited was incorporated 1971.Transelektra forged a strategic alliance with Sara Lee USA 1999 .Foods business started 1991 .Godrej & Boyce Mfg.Godrej Tea Limited was set up 2003 .Godrej HiCare Limited was set up to provide a Safe Healthy Environment to customers by providing professional pest management services 2006 . another subsidiary.Veg oils division in Wadala.Godrej Beverages & Foods Limited formed a JV with The Hershey Company of North America and the company was renamed Godrej Hershey Foods & Beverages Limited 2008 .Godrej Agrovet Limited began as an Animal Feeds division of Godrej Soaps 1974 .We entered the BPO solutions and services space with Godrej Global Solutions Limited 2004 . Co.Godrej Agrovet Limited was incorporated 1994 . Mumbai was acquired 1990 .Timeline
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 1897 . Ltd was established 1918 .Transelektra was named Godrej Sara Lee Limited 2001 .The foods business was merged with Godrej Tea and Godrej Tea was renamed Godrej Beverages & Foods Limited 2007 . was established 1991 .
• • • • • • • • • • • Godrej & Boyce Godrej Consumer Products Godrej Industries Geometric Limited Godrej InfoTech Godrej Agro vet Godrej Sara lee Godrej Hicare Godrej Efacec Godrej Properties Overseas Establishments
Established in 1897. under the Indian Companies Act. the Company was incorporated with limited liability on March 3. 1932.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Appliances Locks Furniture Security Equipment Office Automation Conferencing Solutions Typewriters Vending Machines Soaps & Personal Care Foods Air Care Household Insecticides Housing Pest Management Services
• • •
• • • • • • •
Storage Solutions Automated Warehousing Material Handling Equipment Process Equipment Precision Components & Systems Machine Tool Service Electrical & Electronic Tooling IT Solutions PLM Solutions Medical Diagnostics Agro Products Chemical Construction Material & Services
A. F. P. D.P. N. Lam (Executive Director & President ) and K. N.godrej.B. Palia [Executive Director (Finance)]
Sales including Excise Duty (Fiscal Year 2006-07): Rs.22 . A.Board of Directors
J. V. Vikhroli.6796 5656 / 6796 5959 / 6796 1300 Godrej Response Centre toll-free number: 1-800-22 55 11 Corporate Website : http://www. Godrej (Chairman and Managing Director). M. B. Petigara. P. Godrej. B. A Ramchandran. Head Office and Mumbai branch Pirojshanagar. K.896 million (US$ 710 million)
Registered Office. A. P. 28. Hathikhanavala. N. Mumbai (Bombay) 400 079. Sarkari. Crishna. Godrej. India Phone : 91 .com
and more than 18. Ahmedabad. The Company has Representative Offices in Sharjah (UAE). Lucknow. Nairobi (Kenya). The Company has a network of 48 Companyowned Godrej Lifespace Retail Stores.BRANCHES (SALES & SERVICE) AND BRANDED RETAIL CHAIN (GODREJ LIFESPACE) • MUMBAI. Ghaziabad. Jammu. Hyderabad. Jabalpur. Kanpur. Gurgoan. Colombo (Sri Lanka). Secunderabad. Thane • NEW DELHI. Jaipur. Coimbatore. Noida • CHENNAI.
. Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) and Guangzhou (China-PRC). Kochi. Faridabad. Chandigarh. Raipur. Visakhapatnamharitable trust.000 Retail Outlets.200 Wholesale Dealers. Pune. Bangalore. Indore. Jalandhar. Dombivli. Bhopal. Trivandrum. more than 2.
providing 'SAFE and CLEAN Service'.
• Values do not die.A Positive Work Culture
• It has been said that the success of an organization depends upon the quality of work. co-operation at all levels and adherence to a constructive / pro-active management policy
that translates into a positive work culture.
• Divisionalization • Quality itself is globalized: Quality needs must compete globally.
• Total Quality Management
. • An advertisement issued in the national press on 24 September 1955 referred to Godrej as 'Guardian of the Nation's Wealth'.
STRENGTHS of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Ltd • • • • • • • • • • • • STRONG BRAND NAME QUALITY GOOD REPUTATION AMONG THE CUSTOMERS SERVICE MANAGEMENT SUPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO HIGH GRADE NATURAL RESOURCES FAVOURABLE ACCESS TO DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE INNOVATIVE ASPECTS FINANCIAL RESERVES MARKET LEADER
WEAKNESSES of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Co. Ltd • • • • COST OF PRODUCT MARKETING EMPLOYEE TURN OVER RATIO CENTRALISATION
IDEAS OBSTRACLES FACED LOSS OF KEY STAFF SEASONALITY COUNTRY’S ECONOMY
. Ltd • • • • • • • COMPETITORS INTENTION MARKET DEMAND NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Ltd
• • • • • • • • •
INDUSTRY OR LIFESTYLE TRENDS COMPETITOR’S VULNERABILITIES MARKET DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION GLOBAL INFLUENCES NEW MARKETS NICHES TARGET MARKET BUSINESS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION AND RESEARCH
THREATS of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. SERVICES. Co.OPPOTUNITIES of Godrej & Boyce Mfg.
Marketing and Branding Strategy
• Revitalizes Master Brand strategy and identity for greater synergies across business and brand portfolio • Creates new Marketing and Branding strategy geared to supporting the group’s revenue growth target of 25-30% annually • Outlines a new portfolio management strategy to maximize the value of the Godrej brand and associated businesses
service and business portfolio.”
Jamshyd Godrej said “Consumer insight has always been an important part of our decision-making. Executive Director and President. • Godrej Master Brand
. it cannot be replicated and it spans all our businesses” said Tanya Dubash. Marketing.” • “The revitalized corporate identity is a result of a detailed analysis of our vast product. Using the Godrej brand as a unifier of our businesses and people made sense because it is our most valuable asset. At Godrej we have always been at the helm of changing and redefining the marketplace and this will now be reflected in a marketing and branding strategy that accelerates profitable growth.• Adi Godrej said “The Indian consumer now has a more demanding and youthful mindset. We now want to make our proprietary consumer research the core of our business strategy and create a unique consumer experience associated with Godrej.
• In Godrej & Boyce mfg. co ltd all work are centralized at H.O. co ltd I had observed that there is no Dress code so mostly their approach is informal and not in showing unity. their strategies. • There is no certain fixed commission for dealer it is fluctuating. so there is delay happened in term of delivery of product. • ERP Software used by organization BAAN is not giving best result compare to SAP. • Products which organization selling has too high cost with respect to competitors very few industries are showing interest in it. • Also there is no any specialized marketing department so they can not easily get information about competitor. • Another I had seen that there is more employee turn over ratio compares to other organization and it is break their link of selling. and product awareness. • In Godrej & Boyce mfg.
VALUES CREATED BY GODREJ IN INDIA
• Fair. Transparent and Ethical dealings • Quality • Security
Check out more great forwards at