This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
The Work shall consist of furnishing, installation and testing of a complete Class “A“ Intelligent Analogue Addressable fire alarm system as shown on the drawings and specified herein. Automatic early fire detection is required for the entire building by Civil Defense Department recommendation. An intelligent analogue fully addressable, automatic fire alarm and detection system must be installed to cover the entire building. This system will have a small time delay if permitted under local regulations to enable staff to investigate the cause of an alarm. This is to reduce the level of false alarms and hence disturbance of hotel operation. Fire alarm system of the hotel shall be connected to fire alarm command center for the complex via dedicated network and shall be considered as part of total fire alarm system of the complex. The system shall be as following: 1. 2. 3. 4. The application shall be according to the (Fire Protection Requirements for buildings) agreed by the Gulf Cooperation council. The GCC requirements are based on NFPA 101 (life Safety Code) with some modification. Detailed design shall follow the BS 5839 latest edition and/or NFPA 72 (National Fire Alarm Code) latest edition Fire alarm shall comply with the requirement of the local branch of the general civil defense administration. A complete fire alarm system will be provided complying with BS 5839. This system will be of the Analogue Soft Addressable Intelligent Type. System shall provide individual address of analog soft alarm initiating devices and two alarm levels (zone alarm & general alarm) of audible alarm. Alarms shall be initiated from sprinkler system, analogue multi / individual optical smoke / heat sensors and manual stations near exits with maximum spacing of 30 meters. Alarms shall be sounded through electronic sounders. The system will consist of fire alarm control panel, mimic panels, repeater panel, addressable interface units (transponders), manual call stations, smoke sensors, heat sensors, beam sensor (if required), duct multi sensors, electronic addressable sounders with strobe lights, sealed lead acid batteries and battery charger. Fire alarm system will be linked with TCP/IP network to other Fire alarm panel and to central workstation. Combined smoke and heat smoke detectors will be installed in all mechanical and electrical rooms. Other type of detectors shall be selected for rooms with special application Cables for fire alarm system will be 2 hours fire resistant (to British, European and NFPA standards) and as recommended by manufacturer of the system. The system will be interfaced to corresponding fire protection or sprinkler systems
16721-1 Fire Alarm System
6. 7. 8. 9.
ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300
15. Voice evacuation speakers shall be provided in all guest bed rooms and front and back of house areas to provide sound level of 75dB at bed head and 65 dB in public areas. A master annunciation will be located in the security office to indicate from which area an alarm originates. Gym.2 Fire alarm system shall be interfaced with access control system for door release in case of fire. Emergency alarms shall be provided at Poolside. Voice Evacuation system shall be compulsory for the fire alarm system. Section Two: Power Units.10. background music and audio video systems controls to send override signal in case of confirmed fire alarm. 24. These units must be operational throughout the hotel and be activated when the fire evacuation alarm is operated comply with local code requirements for fire alarm and detection systems applicable to disabled people Interface shall be done with public address. 19. or areas such as car parks where smoke detectors may be subject to false alarms due to atmosphere CO and CO2 detectors shall be used in parking area to operate for the interface with smoke extraction and ventilation system. REFERENCES: A. Voice evacuation message shall take priority over fire alarm messages and signals All fire alarm initiated audible or signals shall be temporary deactivated during the time of sounding voice evacuation messages. Isolation modules shall be provided at the entry and/or exit from each Rate of rise heat detectors must be used in specific areas such as kitchens and other areas with high ambient temperatures. 16. 17. Fire alarm system shall interface with smoke extraction system. 1. Provision will be made to stop some or all HVAC supply fans in the event of an alarm (refer to HVAC drawings) for respective zone only. 18. 12. Section Three: Environmental Testing Alarm Systems Part 1: General Requirements. 13. 26. IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission IEC 60839-1 IEC 60839-1-2 IEC 60839-1-3 IEC 60839-1-4 Alarm Systems Part 1: General Requirements. 11. 20. 14. System shall have the ability to integrate with other security systems using open protocol and TCP/IP LAN to make one integrated system The system shall interface with BMS system for alarm alert A 2-way telephone communication system shall be provided throughout at all entries to exit stairs for Fire Department use from the main fire panel. Section One: General Alarm Systems Part 1: General Requirements. Steam rooms and Saunas. Portable visible and vibrating alarm units must be provided for guests with impaired hearing and pull cords shall be provided in specially equipped rooms and disabled toilets for guests with disabilities. Test Methods and Performance Criteria Alarm Systems Part 1: General Requirements. 25. It shall be separated from the public address system as per code. Section Four: Code of Practice 16721-2 Fire Alarm System ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 . 22. 23. 21. Health Club.
UL 38 UL 217 UL 228 UL 268 UL 268 A UL 346 Manually Activated Signaling Boxes Smoke Detectors for Single Station Door Holders for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Smoke Detectors for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Smoke detectors for duct application Water Flow Indicators for Fire Protective Signaling 16721-3 Fire Alarm System ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 .1 ANSI C37.British Standards Institute All applicable codes and standards including BS 5839. ANSI .Underwriters Laboratories. BS 5750 and BSEN ISO 9001/2 C. Installation. Maintenance and Use of Local Protective Signaling Systems Installation. Maintenance and Use of Signaling Systems for Central Station Service Installation. Maintenance and Use of Proprietary Protective Signaling Systems Automatic Fire Detectors Installation. NFPA . Maintenance and Use of Remote Station Protective Signaling Systems Installation.National Fire Protection Association NFPA 70 NFPA 71 NFPA 72A NFPA 72B NFPA 72C National Electric Code Installation. Maintenance and Use of Notification Appliances for Protective Signaling Systems Air-conditioning and ventilating system UL .B.American National Standard Institute ANSI C18. BS . Maintenance and Use of Auxiliary Protective Signaling Systems Installation. Inc. Maintenance and Use Voice/Alarm Communication Systems of Emergency NFPA 72D NFPA 72E NFPA 72F NFPA 72-G89 NFPA 90A E.13a Dry Cells and Batteries Low-Voltage AC Power Circuit Breakers Used in Enclosures D.
C. E. Audible Signaling Appliances Heat Detectors for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Control Units for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Power Supplies for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Speakers for Fire Protective Signaling Systems Visual Signaling Appliances Amplifiers for Fire Protective Signaling Systems NEMA . and list of materials and NRTL listing data. All fire alarm & fire suppression shop drawings shall be subject to approval of Civil Defense Department of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and shall bear their stamp.National Electrical Manufacturer's Association NEMA 1985 Publication SB4. Shop drawings. Training Manual on Fire Alarm Systems G. not in actual use. sections. dust. Include diagrams for equipment and for system with all terminals and interconnections identified. B. D. Store materials. 1. Manufacturer's standard descriptions for generic systems are not acceptable. and elevations showing minimum clearances. C. direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. For further requirements follow manufacturer's written instructions regarding storage and handling. Description shall cover this specific project. Include drawings indicating components for both field and factory panel wiring. System operation description including method of operation and supervision of each type of circuit and sequence of operations for all manually and automatically initiated system inputs.UL 464 UL 521 UL 864 UL 1481 UL 1489 UL 1638 UL 1711 F. installed features and devices. B.4 TRANSPORTATION.3 Local Building Code SUBMITTALS: A. moisture. in covered and well-ventilated area and protect them from dirt. 1. Product data for fire alarm system components including dimensioned plans. Wiring diagrams from manufacturer differentiating between manufacturer-installed and field-installed wiring. HANDLING AND STORAGE: A. All the components of fire alarm system shall be provided in manufacturer's original new and unopened packing bearing manufacturer's name and label. 16721-4 Fire Alarm System ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 . Product certification signed by the manufacturer of the fire alarm system components certifying that their products comply with the referenced standards and specifications.
2. Provide audible and visual warning upon the manual operation of a call point. BS. detectors.1 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION: A. Single Source Responsibility: All components and accessories shall be product of single manufacturer. and be subject to approval of Engineer. batteries. manufacturer and installer of fire alarm system for the period of 1 year from the date of substantial completion.5 WARRANTY: A. horns.6 QUALITY ASSURANCE: A. The system shall consist of main fire alarm control panels (MFACP). The Fire Detection and Alarm System shall provide the following facilities as a minimum: 1. Alarms shall be sounded through conveniently located motorized bells or electronic sounders as applicable. B. D. Provide system and components specified in this section that are listed and labeled by UL and/or conform to equivalent BS Standards. break-glass type manual stations. and subject to approval of the Engineer. double stage fire alarm system.annunciator. The system shall be capable of being expanded at any time. C. raceways and other required accessories to complete the system. repeater panels . Alarms shall be initiated from either manual stations and/or various types of detectors. Installer Qualifications: An experienced specialist sub-contractor who is authorized by the system manufacturer. Submit written guarantee signed by the contractor. local fire alarm control panels (FACP). PART 2 .PRODUCTS 2. LPCB. B. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-5 Fire Alarm System . computer operated network. NFPA and NEMA standards. Class A STY7 wiring. E. The system shall be complete network based Class “A” Intelligent Analogue Addressable. 1. All the components and installations shall comply with the requirements of IEC. The guarantee shall cover the repair and replacement of defective materials and workmanship as directed by the Engineer. The system shall be electrically supervised against both short and open wiring faults in the detection circuit. Manufacturer's Qualifications: Firms regularly engaged in manufacture of fire alarm systems and components. the alarm circuit and the alarm and fault relay coils. strobe lights.1. Detect automatically the presence of fire and give local audible and visual warning. whose products have been in satisfactory use in similar services for not less than 5 years period.
15.A. 72. 14. 7. The system shall be able to support both addressable and conventional detectors through interface units. The fire alarm control panel shall be latest addressable technology and capable of working on both Hard addressing and Soft addressing techniques simultaneously using appropriate protocol loop cards. meeting the requirements of NFPA 72 and listed releasing devices compatible with the system. 2. if required. 90A. Provide interface with Voice Evacuation system Provide interface with egress door interlock Provide interface to building security system Provide interface to Gas Leak Detection System Provide interface to Background Music System Provide TCP/IP Ethernet Port for LAN/ WAN connectivity to fire alarm command center via project LAN Detection system shall be used to actuate gas suppression system and Preaction fire protection system by an approved method of detection. 12. in the event of fire and/or other ancillary services. Panels shall be installed as indicated on the drawing. 13. All component of fire alarm system shall be product of a single manufacturer and shall conform to the requirements of IEC 60839. Provide alarm at local Fire Station through automatic dialer. 5. 8. 11. system shall be marked "DO NOT DISCONNECT. Provide interface with Building Management System (BMS). Automatically shutdown air conditioning plant.3. lead elevators to nearest floor and capture them. The panel shall have an Infra red Programmer for user friendly system. 2. NFPA 70. 9. The system shall be capable of monitoring pre-alarm condition and setting sensitivity of detectors.3 ANALOGUE ADDRESSABLE MAIN FIRE ALARM CONTROL PANEL (MFACP) AND FIRE ALAMRM CONTROL PANELS (FACP’S) A. and 101. 6. 10. The supply breakers for F.2 GENERAL: A. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-6 Fire Alarm System . Underwriter's Laboratories (UL) and Factory Mutual (FM) or equivalent Codes. FIRE ALARM SUPPLY". Provide signaling interface to allow automatic announcement of prerecorded message on Voice evacuation System in case of alarm. 4. B.
Only the master password shall allow access to password change screens. and CPU FAILURE. The analogue addressable fire alarm control panel shall have the following features:1. 8. and future expansion. maintenance. and CROSSZONE) programs for specific action to be taken if an alarm condition is detected by the system. the alter status menus. each of which may be assigned access to the programming change menus. Fire Panel shall be latest technology and capable of connecting both hard addressables and automatic soft addressable technology devices. It shall also provide ten Light-Emitting-Diodes (LEDs). The panel shall be able to address more than 10 loops. SECURITY. OTHER EVENT. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 . The control unit shall be modular in structure for ease of installation. NOT. Passwords and Users: Atleast upto 9 user passwords shall be available. The CPU shall communicate and control the following types of equipment: intelligent addressable smoke and thermal (heat) detectors. F. builtin 4 alarm circuits as standard and Integreted Digital Voice Alarm Panel.060 steel with provisions for electrical conduit connections into the sides and top. SYSTEM TROUBLE. event messages etc. annunciators. The control panels shall be housed in a UL-listed cabinets suitable for surface or semi-flush mounting. that indicate the status of the following system parameters: AC POWER. 3. E. printer. SIGNALS SILENCED. The panel shall be suitable for wall mounting and for surface/recessed installation as may be required. 5. Battery level status keys on panel and minimum 24 hours back up. BacNET Interface. G. ANYx. System trouble. SUPERVISORY. POINT DISABLED. 7. or both. OR. The FACP Central Processing Unit shall contain and execute all control-by-event (including Boolean functions including but not limited to AND. and shall not be lost with system primary and secondary power . given a rustresistant prime coat. Cabinet and front shall be corrosion protected. each loop length shall be 2000 meters minimum and addresses over 300 devices per loop. All controls shall be enclosed behind a lockable metal cover. 9. The panel shall have a log of atleast last 4000 previous common events. Main FACP shall contain a microprocessor based Central Processing Unit (CPU) and power supply in an economical space saving single board design in Metal enclosure. 10. the door may be site configured for either right or left hand hinging. 6. Multi tasking micro processor controlled 10 loop on single mother board with minimum 300 devices on each loop . 2. and manufacturer's standard finish. Multi zones mimimum 1000 configuration shall be possible. For convenience. PREALARM. 4. The back box and door shall be constructed of 0. The FACP display shall provide a 640-character backlit alphanumeric Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). Such control-by-event programs shall be held in nonvolatile programmable memory. 11.B. Minimum 640 character Alphanumeric Liquid crystal display for Fire. D. Builtin switch mode high capacity 6 Amp power supply charger. The panel shall also maintain atleast 1000 most recent alarms in history 16721-7 Fire Alarm System C. and other system controlled devices. FIRE ALARM. The door shall provide a key lock and shall include a glass or other transparent opening for viewing of all indicators. addressable modules.
twisted/shielded pair cabling. non collision communication protocol for data transmission. The network shall offer a high level of integrity and support combination of MICC. FACP to be connected to all fire exits to operate automatically in case of fire. E.4 INTER-CONTROLLER NETWORK: A. 15. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 . The network shall be flexible so as to enable from 2 to 50 Fire Controllers to be seemlessly linked together. It shall be possible to drill on single key without effecting out relay interfaces. 2.interconnected on the network. G. Inter-Controller Network shall allow different Fire Controllers to be "seamlessly" networked together. The panel shall have information retrieval facility for engineering setup and system status. 16. 14.up to 3000 meters apart to suit site requirement and be interconnected using shielded/twisted pair cable such as Belden 9841 or equal. It shall be possible to locate different Fire Controllers as 'Nodes' on the network . Smoke Control Modes: The system shall provide means to perform FSCS mode Smoke Control to meet NFPA-92A and 90B and HVAC mode to meet NFPA 90A. Furthermore. UL 9th edition. For extended interrogation and control. buffer for fast search from 4000 event history file. The network shall allow Bi-Directional signalling and use a token-passing. The panel shall incorporate a built-in DRILL test facility. 13. The panel shall have a secure peer to peer networking facility with minimum 100 panels (nodes) on a single fire alarm network. Data shall be re-generated at each Fire Controller and sent out over the network as new clean data. providing an enhanced system capability for future extension. each panel can be programmed to inter-react only with other selected controllers.12. F. fibre optic cabling or dedicated telephone line to suit site requirement. interrogate as well as control other Fire Controllers (Nodes) from any one of the Fire Controller connected to this network. In addition to the above all other necessary controls. elements and accessories shall be included to provide a complete and efficient panel conforming to the requirements of NFPA. All field detectors connected in a particular loop or zone shall be able to get addressed and tested via IR programmer by selecting without initiating audible alarm. The network shall be highly resilient and allow true peer to peer communication such that an operator can gain access. D. B. it shall be possible to group controllers into sub-nets whereby. H. the network shall allow up to three nodes on the network to be configured either as a Master Operating Station or Graphical User Interface. All degradation in received data due to noise on the line. The Virtual Front Panel (VFP) feature shall enable the operator to interrogate/control any other Fire Controller from the Keypad/Display of any given Fire Controller . 16721-8 Fire Alarm System C. line attenuation or phase shifting shall be eliminated when the data is re-generated.
4. graphic type with display power management.5” floppy drive. Software: 1. 6. Autocad. 1. Memory: 2 MB pipeline burst cache memory. high resolution. Pointing Device: Bus Mouse. B. 7. Windows Vista (operating system) or any latest operating system available at the time of construction of the project as well as the related software required for the installation of the operating system. Information. one parallel port for printer.2. Network Interface: Fire alarm manufacturer's standard interface board. flood fill locations. The Graphical User Interface shall be PC based and incorporate the very latest in operating system software such as Windows NT multi-tasking operating system. CD Drive: DVD RW Drive 22X. 10. Monitor: 19" flat screen color SVGA monitor. AutoCADLite for generating and editing graphic maps. Hardware: 1. Floppy Drive: 3.5 GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE: A.6 COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS A. 9. 5. non interlaced. Keyboard: Microsoft 101-keys English and Arabic keyboard. increases the integrity of information and enables simple updates to the system in future. Processor: IBM compatible PC with Intel core i7 2. 8. B. 2. Bitmap. 3. 11. 2. 16721-9 Fire Alarm System 2. Graphical. C. device type and location.66 GHz processor on Intel motherboard. This configuration tool significantly reduces configuration time. upgradable type. D. 4 GB DDR3 RAM. flood fill areas. zoom areas. Ports: 2 Serial Ports. Transfer to automatically configure the system such that Installation Plans. flash bios. Hard Drive: 1 TB hard drive. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 . It shall provide combined text and graphics display on a single PC using high resolution color SVGA display and use simple operator controls with no qwerty keypad. Graphic Card: PCI Express super VGA graphic card with 1 GB RAM.44 MB. The PC based Graphical User Interface shall use a unique configuration tool GRAB-IT. and zoom magnifications shall all be imported from Autocad.
5 ADDRESSABLE REPEATER PANEL: A. The panel shall include provision For the DACT digital alarm communicator Transmitter through EIA -485 port with at least 636 channels to the fire brigade. d. Under test conditions.2. 2. g. Fire alarm annunciator shall be manufacturer’s standard surface mounted type. alarm and fault messages along with time of the day and date. e. Repeater panel shall be manufacturer's standard. 4. b. 1. 3. The annunciator shall be used to help in monitoring and control all elements of fire alarm from a central location and aims to keep monitoring of system performance. e. c. The printer shall provide the following: a. surface mounted type comprising of following: 1. change of status. The system printer shall be standard 80 column printer compatible with the system.7 SYSTEM EVENT PRINTER: A. A green LED : Power Two red LED's : Fire A yellow LED : Fault A yellow LED : Disabled 80 red LED's : Fire Zones FIRE ALARM ANNUNCIATOR A. 2. The printer shall operate independently of the control unit (FACP) and shall not inhibit the fire controller operation in any way when printing. however it shall be possible to isolate remote signaling to the Fire Brigade. d. b. and shall log all events. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-10 Fire Alarm System . Hard copy of every event occurring Status read out of every addressable point Devices tested on a walk test Contaminated detectors needing replacement Isolated devices Single point scan printout of analogue values Hard copy of historic log 2.6 An 80-character backlit LCD alphanumeric display arranged in 4 rows of 20 characters (to display information about the system status and alarms). c. B. f. f. General Purpose housing AC/DC Converter Module (DCCM) Surface Front Cover Assembly Built-in Short Circuit Line isolator The front panel of the repeater shall contain the following displays and indicators: a. 2.8 FIRE BRIGADE SIGNALING A.
A photodiode receive fitted at an obtuse angle to the IR beam shall normally sense some standing light scatter.) shall have a remote visible indicator lamp. The optical element shall monitor for visible smoke from slow smoldering fires. 9. Installed devices shall conform to the classification of the area. When smoke enters the smoke chamber through entry slots around the sensor head. The sensor shall measure both smoke & heat values combined together at the same time. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-11 Fire Alarm System . Detectors located in concealed locations (above ceiling. Addressable fire detecting devices except flame detectors shall be dynamically supervised and uniquely identified in the control panel. Detectors shall be connected into alarm initiating circuits. and UL 521 and other Standards mentioned in Clause 1. 3. Detector bases shall incorporate built-in isolators modules. The sensing chamber shall fit on the electronics module as a third fix item. 10. Detector base shall have screw terminals for making connections. Operating temperature range of 0oC to + 50oC Relative humidity up to 95% Electro magnetic compatibility to IEC Standard 801 or equivalent Shock/Impact/Vibration/Corrosion Interchangeable plug-in base Smart card addressing technology Made of fire resisting material Enclosure protection shall be to IP 43 or equivalent Detector shall be wiring polarity independent Detectors shall include service and maintenance park position Analogue Addressable Optical Smoke & Heat (Combined) Detectors: These shall be of SAFE addressable optical smoke and heat type.7 The fire alarm annunciator shall be complete with numeric data and LED lights and 24 VDC power supply and standby battries.3. 2.C. 5. Electronics Module and a replaceable sensor chamber. The termination plate shall incorporate the terminals for wiring only and shall not contain any electronic parts. Heat sensing shall be done by the two thermisters in close contact with the mesh which shall prevent foreign bodies entering bodies entering into the sensor chamber and shall serve as an heat sink for the two thermisters to allow even heat dissipation. UL 268. 6. FIELD DEVICES: A. All Optical Smoke & Heat combined shall comprise of three components: Termination Plate. It shall have microprocessors. The electronic module shall plug onto the termination plate as second fix item. 8. short-circuit isolators and all electronic components and circuitry suitable for an Analogue addressable system. etc. 4. NFPA 90A. 7. Detectors shall meet the following requirements: 1. B. 2. Smoke sending shall be by pulses of infrared beam projected across a dark sensor chamber by the LED emitter. General: Fire detecting devices shall comply with the applicable requirements of NFPA 72. more light shall be scattered towards photodiode receiver thus enabling the microprocessor and measurement circuits on the PCB to pick up the fire threshold. No solder connections will be allowed. The detectors shall be provided as indicated.
G. The sensitivity of the optical array system of detector is increased upon rise in temperature resulting in enhanced early response of fire condition. Horns shall be with three selection switch for filed horn tones. An operated station shall automatically condition itself so as to be visually detected. C. When sufficient smoke is sensed. F. Analogue Addressable High Performance Optical Smoke Detectors: Ceilingmounted type detectors shall be pluggable type. Stations must be designed such that after an actual activation. with operating instructions provided on the cover. they cannot be restored to normal except by key reset. Shall be flush or surface mounted as shown on plans. should be become dirty due to a build up of dust from the surrounding atmosphere. Detector shall have solid state circuitry and LED visual alarm indicator. and appropriate action taken to change over air handling systems to help prevent the rapid distribution of toxic smoke and fire gases throughout the areas served by the duct system. The sensor chamber shall also have 360 degree viewing LED indicator. Analogue Addressable Heat Detectors: Addressable heat detectors shall be designed for detection of fire by combination fixed temperature and rate-of-rise principle. For normal ambient conditions the high performance optical detector behaves as an optical detector of normal sensitivity. non-breakglass type addressable. DC. Horn strobe: Horn Strobe shall be UL listed field programmable without use of special tools.5 m) front or side. same as used for smoke detectors. Shall initiate an alarm when the air temperature reaches the detector's fixed temperature rating of 60oC or when the rate-of-rise of element is triggered. Detectors shall be of fully solid construction and require no replacement of parts after each operation and/or testing. at a sound level of at least 98 dBA measured at 10 feet from the devices and 75 candella. horns and strobe shall be completely weatherproof. Detector shall combine the optical and heat detection technology to detect clear burning fires and having high immunity to false alarm. the panel shall display a fault condition with a message “Sensor chamber Removed” with a relevant label/address. Electronic horns and strobe shall operated on common 24V. Detectors shall be of plug-in type suitable for common interchangeable base. Sensors mounted in the ceiling shall be provided with semi-flush mounting kit. Nominal Horns output shall be from 101 to 120 dB and strobe (flasher) shall be minimum 115 candela. an alarm signal is initiated at the FACP. E. Detector shall react to whole range of fires including slow smoldering fire and open flaming fire. nominal 24 VDC operation. equipped with key lock so that they may be tested without operating the handle. as operated.This design shall allow sensing element alone to be replaced. IP 65. at a minimum distance of 100 feet (30. For outdoor use. The contacts shall be gold plated for high reliability. Manual stations shall be constructed of high impact Lexan. Duct Detector: Smoke detector housing shall accommodate either an intelligent ionization detector or an intelligent photoelectric detector that provides continuous analog monitoring and alarm verification from the panel. . When removed. Detectors shall have built-in LED alarm indicator. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-12 Fire Alarm System D. Heat detectors shall be rated in accordance with UL 521 or equivalent. Manual fire alarm stations shall be UL listed non-code.
Battery shall be provided with over current protection in accordance with NFPA 72. to operate the fire alarm system for a period of 90 hours. Remote LED indicator: Indicator shall be use in locked areas and in accessible location to provide indication of the activation of an automatic detector. stoppage of extract fans.BASIC MATERIALS AND METHOD. Batteries shall be sized to deliver 50 percent more ampere/hours based on a 90 hour discharged rate than required for the calculated capacities. controlling door release units.9 WIRING: A. 2. Belden 9841 or equivalent. Battery cabinet shall be a separate cabinet. etc. J. B. LED shall be with wide viewing angle and shaped lens design to maximize viewing area. 2. LED beacon shall be loped powered type and can be connected to the sounder circuit. 2. lead-acid type requiring no additional water. including all alarm signaling devices in the total alarm mode for a minimum period of 3 hours. LED shall be activated if detector triggered. Network communication cable shall be 1 pair computer cable. 2. Batteries shall be provided and shall be the sealed. 3. I.8 BATTERIES: A. Refer to Section 16050 .H. Wiring for loop circuit shall be twisted shielded 1 pair cable. The batteries shall have ample capacity.10 RACEWAYS: A. Addressable Ancillary Modules 1. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-13 Fire Alarm System . interface control of elevators. RED indicating Beacon Waterproof: beacon shall be used for outdoor areas to provide audible indication of fire for impaired hearing people and areas with high ambient noise level. LED activation shall be cancelled when detector is reset. the batteries shall have ample capacity to all components of the system. All fire alarm system wiring shall be Class A STY17. LED shall be IP 65. This period of operation via batteries. C. Belden 1030A or equivalent. Addressable Interface Module: It shall provide clean changeover contact and shall be used on the address loops and used for remote plant shutdown. Addressable Contact Monitoring Module: The module shall be used to monitor status of sprinkler system water flow switches and transfer switches. with primary power disconnected. Line Isolator Module: The line isolator module shall protect the loop circuit in the event of a short circuit condition by isolating the relevant section on the loop between two isolator units.
4. 5. 10. Activation of the fire alarm system shall directly initiate some or all of the following to be agreed as a part of the overall engineering policy. The system alarm LED shall flash. Activation of the control panel acknowledge switch in response to new alarms and/or troubles shall silence the local panel piezo electric signal and change the alarm and trouble LEDs from flashing mode to steady-ON mode. Depression of the Acknowledge switch shall also silence all remote annunciator piezo sounders Depression of the Signal Silence switch shall cause all programmed alarm notification appliances and relays to return to the normal condition. The FACP software shall include silence inhibit and autosilence timers. Printing and history storage equipment shall log and print the event information along with a time and date stamp. The selection of notification circuits and relays that are silence able by this switch shall be fully field programmable within the confines of all applicable standards. 4.2. 6. 8. 5. the following functions shall immediately occur: 1. the FACP shall support Block Acknowledge to allow multiple trouble conditions to be acknowledged with a single depression of this switch. 1. In addition. A local piezo-electric audible device in the control panel shall sound a distinctive signal. 3. and the associated system outputs (alarm notification appliances and/or relays) shall be activated. 7. All system outputs assigned via preprogrammed equations for a particular point in alarm shall be executed.11 OPERATION OF FIRE ALARM SYSTEM A. B. 9. Sprinkler valves. Fire condition: When a fire alarm condition is detected and reported by one of the system initiating devices or appliances. If multiple alarm or trouble conditions exist. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-14 Fire Alarm System . depression of this switch shall advance the LCD display to the next alarm or trouble condition. 11. The 640-character backlit LCD display shall indicate all information associated with the fire alarm condition. 2. flow switches and other monitored valves shall be directly supervised by the fire alarm systems. Release doors normally held open by magnetic devices Shutdown mechanical equipment ventilation plant Shutdown general exhaust fans Start up smoke extract fans Start up exhaust make up fans Start up stair vestibule pressurization fans Automatically operate fire dampers Initiate alert signals to panels in the adjacent office tower. including the type of alarm point and its location within the protected premises. 3. Signal to all elevator machine rooms indicating fire status (to control lifts) Release doors normally locked by magnetic devices. 2.
2.12 ADDRESSABLE SIGNALING LINE CURRENT (SLC) DEVICES GENERAL A. The Configuration Tool shall feature a 16-character liquid crystal display and 17-button keypad. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 Analog Optical Smoke Sensor Combination Optical/Heat Sensor Combination Optical/Ionization/Heat Sensor High Sensitivity Laser Smoke Sensor Harsh environment optical smoke sensor RF Interface for addressable sensors and modules Addressable power supplies Addressable security modules including: Dry contact Input modules. 16. Positive call in indication. 17. single input (Multi I/O Module) with optional supervised (class ‘B’) feedback. The detectors shall be ceiling-mount and shall include a separate twist-lock base which includes a tamper proof feature. 3. B. Dual riser input.operation shall include: audible ringback. Motion Detectors. 10. should be able to operate all alarm sounders connected to the system. Addressable Audio amplifier expander modules 16721-15 Fire Alarm System . loop. address. The Configuration Tool should be able to read device information such as type. Area of Rescue Interface module – operation shall include: Intercom operation similar to fire phone. Security keypad. 14. 13. 5.The maintenance staff shall. branch and service date. Polarity reversal modules to support existing sounder bases Addressable Fire telephone module . The following devices shall be supported: 1. 15. 12. The configuration tool will give the user the ability to communicate with the panel and other devices through any selected device on the loop. Addressable LED Annunciator modules Addressable Input modules – Single Input Addressable input modules – Dual input Addressable output modules including: supervised single riser input (class ‘A’ and class “B”). Positive indication of Help in route. 6. Positive indication of circuit off hook. 4. be able to quickly ascertain the location fire and take appropriate decisions accordingly including general evacuation. 9. 7. The System shall support Drift Compensation to automatically adjust the alarm levels within the detector head and reduce false alarms. 2. address and sensitivity along with set loop. It should also be able to initiate a walk test and a device test. 11. Pressing of general evacuate button on the panel. therefore. 19. control stations. 18. The System shall have a special Configuration Tool which will be designed to communicate with the field devices/detectors via infrared signals. Addressable notification appliance circuit (NAC) circuit boosters Multi input modules (minimum 5 inputs) – Configurable as either class ‘a’ or class ‘b’ to support migration of existing hardwired systems to new platform. thus. Multi output modules (minimum 5) – configurable as either NAC or Relay operation. 8. circuit connected.
3. Noise Immunity: The Systems Loop circuit shall be immune to noise and EMI. Do not proceed with the work until unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected in a manner acceptable to client.I. 24. 21.1 INSTALLATION A. D. cables shall be used in G. twisted/shielded pair. Conventional Zone Interface module Intrinsically Safe Interface DC Riser supervision modules Commandable Sensor Base . Distances of up to 20000 feet shall be supported using 18 gage non-shielded wire. B. eMT conduit & cables to be used within the building. Drawings indicate diagrammatically desired locations or arrangement of devices and also the type of sensors. PART 3 . It shall be possible to reuse the following wire types that may be present from legacy installations: twisted pair. Canadian Two-Stage.Matrix Groups . C. Cooperative alarming. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-16 Fire Alarm System . Conventional Zone Interface module shall report open/short trouble. However proper judgment must be exercised in executing work so as to secure the best possible installation in available space and over-come local difficulties owing to space limitations or interference of any other structural conditions. For use outside the buildings. Visual flash rate shall be maintained as required by UL1971 and NFPA 72 standard. Fire alarm wiring circuits shall be segregated from lighting and power circuits. 23. Temporal or programmed zone code on a per circuit basis. 22. Audible signal rate shall be configured as March Time. The system shall be wired with a fire rated type cable FP200 for detector and alarm circuits.Addressable sensors shall have optional sounder bases and relay bases which can be controlled independently through software for desired mode of operation. alarm and provide reset capability without the need for external relays. It shall be possible to synchronize all audible and visual devices on the same Network. California. C. Addressable analog current interface (4 – 20ma) The scale of the measurement shall be configurable in the service/programming tool for display in useful range and engineering unit elsewhere in the system. The following advanced detection methods shall be supported: AWACS . Skilled labor in the use of such wiring cables shall be employed to achieve acceptable standards of workmanship. Or 16 awg to 12 awg twisted pair fire retardant cables. 25. parallel conductors (THHN) without loss of device/circuit capacity or communications data rate. pipes for wiring from isolated buildings and from junction boxes up to the main fire alarm control panel.EXECUTION The contractor shall examine the areas and conditions where equipment is to be installed and correct any unsatisfactory conditions detrimental to the proper and timely completion of the work.AND Groups.20.
F. if any. Compatibility : The contractor shall fully ascertain and ensure that system to be installed shall be fully compatible with existing detectors. Schedule of termination for each junction box is to be provided and fitted inside junction box cover. Overall system test will be carried out in accordance with acceptance test procedures (ATP) as mentioned below. A functional test of the installation shall be made to ensure that it will give satisfactory service under all conditions likely to be experienced and demonstrate that operating and installation requirements of this specification have been met. The completed installation shall be inspected by client supervising engineer to ensure that the work has been carried out in a satisfactory manner and that the method complies with the manufacturer’s recommendations and standards. Contractor to provide competent personnel to demonstrate the operation of fire alarm system as a whole to the full satisfaction of client supervising staff. Junction boxes used for fire alarm system shall be clearly marked with plastic engraved labels on covers to read “FIRE ALARM JUNCTION BOXES”. ITCC in Riyadh Residential Complex J10-13300 16721-17 Fire Alarm System . Acceptance test procedures (ATP) for the systems shall be prepared by the contractor. This is to ensure that any future interconnections can be made to the system. G. E. Contractor will incorporate any agreed to changes on revision in the ATP. Furthermore the terminals provided inside of each junction box should be clearly numbered and marked. Field wiring shall be looped between equipment and use of junction boxes kept to a minimum as far as practicable. END OF SECTION B. The ATP’s will be submitted to client. C. three (3) working weeks before commencement of ATP.2 FIELD QUALITY CONTROL A. This shall clearly show incoming and outgoing wiring connections on the terminals.E. Contractor shall provide detailed installation / commissioning time schedule with their quotation. D. F. Client will review and return the ATP with comments and / or approvals within two (2) working weeks. For review and approval. 3.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.