This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. Only sterile items are used within the sterile field.
2. Sterile persons are gowned and gloved.
3. Tables are sterile only at table level.
4. Sterile person/persons touch only sterile items or areas. Unsterile persons touch only unsterile areas.
5. Unsterile persons avoid reaching over sterile field; sterile persons avoid leaning over unsterile areas.
6. Edges of anything that encloses sterile content are considered unsterile.
7. Sterile field is created as close as possible time of use.
8. Sterile areas are continuously kept in view.
9. Sterile persons keep well within sterile area.
10.Sterile persons keep contact with sterile areas to a minimum.
11.Microorganisms must be kept to irreducible minimum.
12.Destruction of integrity of microbial barriers results in contamination.
13.Unsterile persons avoid sterile areas.
Compliments from: University of the Visayas College of Nursing Level III-Section L •Hindreich Castillo •John Hope Elison •Marfe Ornopia •Jirylyn Traya •Gaudioso Uy •Anne Viacrucis
•Kenmae Soria •Mark Anthony Sangre •Emelou Tantoy
•Alfonse Vidal •Vina Villegas •Larriz Wagwag
Dr. Naomi Remolador, DDM, R.N. Clinical Instructor