This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
*Refer another pdf ﬁle for the pattern. * Inch notations are approximate.
• Main Fabric /140 cm (55“) width Length : 0.5 m (0.54 yds) • Lining Fabric / 140 cm (55“) width Length : 0.5 m (0.54 yds) • Interfacing : Thick and heavy type enough for the brim. • Tape or ribbon for inside width : 3 ~ 4 cm (1 1/4” ~1 5/8”) length : 60cm (0.66 yds) (you can use grosgrain ribbon or twill tape)
• Print out the pattern pages. The data size is 100%. Print it without scaling, If you don’t need resize. Check the test square (10 X 10 cm (≈ 4”)) in the pattern page to insure that your pattern has printed correctly. • Cut off the margins around each pages. • Place them along the numbers as shown in the diagram on the pattern data. Tape the pieces together. • Adjust the pattern if necessary to ﬁt your measurements. • Cut out your pattern. * This pattern includes seam allowances, also shows seamlines and hemlines. You can choose your pattern outline, as your sewing way.
LAYOUT / CUTOUT / MARKING / PUT INTERFACING
width : 140cm // 55“ Seam allowance : 1.2cm ( ≈1/2”)
• Preshrink your fabrics, If it is needed.
• Place the pattern pieces on your fabric referring this diagram. Make sure to be followed the grainline on the pattern. • Cut your fabrics. * If your fabrics have some print or pattern, such as the plaid, make sure to match it on the different pieces. • Mark all pattern markings onto the wrong side of your fabric. (notches, center etc.)
• Press the interfacing, according to this diagram onto the wrong side of the fabric. • Choose the suitable interfacing thick and heavy type enough for the brim. Check it by making test pieces if you are not sure. * I recommend to make a muslin for the perfect ﬁt before cutting the fabric.
Newsboy Cap . Sew the seam. Sew the back dart. 2 Press the seam open. Right side Brim 6 Turn it right side. Wrong side Side Cap *Use the pattern notches as a guide Right side Upper Cap 4 Press the seam open. 1 Fold the center of the Upper Cap piece right sides together. 3 Clip into the curve. *Be careful not to cut into the stitching. BRIM 1 Place the Brim pieces right sides together. Sew the side seam. Wrong side Brim 5 Press the seam. Wrong side Brim Press and topstitch. 5 Finish the Lining pieces the same as this.LEGEND CAP Right side fabric Wrong side fabric Interfacing * The seam/hemline markings are shown for explanation. Upper Cap Wrong side Wrong side Upper Cap 3 Place the Side Cap and the Upper cap pieces right sides together.
Personal use only. Brim Right side Lining Side Cap Right side Upper Cap Right side Upper Cap Right side 6 Stitch the front of the Side Cap to the Brim by hand. illustration. etsy. wrong sides together.ASSEMBLE 1 Put the Lining in the Cap. Baste the lower edge. and images are protected by federal copyright. Right side Lining 2 Put the Brim to the Cap.com/shop/WafﬂePatterns Newsboy Cap . Copyright © 2013 Wafﬂe Patterns / Yuki design All rights reserved. 3 Fold the lower edge. Side Cap Right side Right side Lining Upper Cap Right side Brim Side Cap Right side 4 Put the Tape inside to the Cap around the edge. Designs are not to be created for commercial sale. Side Cap Right side Brim FINISH ! All designs. 5 Stitch the lower edge. Stitch the edge.