This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Definitie: - reprezinta un determinant substantival care contribuie la realizarea intelesului unui substantiv intr-o propozitie. Tipuri de articole: Articolul Hotarat - THE Articolul Nehotarat -A/AN Articolul zero (forma implicita sau neexprimata)
Articolul hotarat THE:
Cand folosim articolul hotarat? - Inaintea unui substantiv care a mai fost mentionat in textul respectiv: Exemplu: A man knocked at the door and a girl opened it. The man was her father. - Inaintea substantivelor care sunt unice: Exemplu: the moon, the earth, the star, the sun, the air - Inaintea numeralelor ordinale: Exemplu: the first, the second, the third, the twenty-first, the seventeenth - In realizarea superlativului: Exemplu: the best year, the youngest girl, the most important, the fastest, the tallest
- Inaintea substantivelor care reprezinta nume de colectivitati si institutii: Exemplu: the army, the crowd, the government, the police, the parliament - Inaintea unor nume proprii (nume de familie, muzee, teatre, ziare, hoteluri, etc): Exemplu: the Browns, the Johns, the National Theatre, the Marriott Grand Hotel, the New York Times, the Beatles - Inaintea substantivelor care indica nume de locuri geografice, munti, fluvii, oceane, mari etc:
Exemplu: the Alps, the Atlantic, the Thames, the Danube, the Red Sea, the Sahara
Articolul nehotarat A / AN
Utilizam articolul nehotarat A: Inaintea substantivelor care incep cu o consoana: Exemple: a girl, a boy, a teacher, a family, a classroom Utilizam articolul nehotarat AN: Inaintea substantivelor care incep cu o vocala (a, e, i, o, u): Exemple: an elephant, an apple, an interview, an onion, an action Articolul nehotarat - exceptii: - Folosim articolul nehotarat AN inaintea unui substantiv care incepe cu litera "h", doar atunci cand este vorba despre un "h mut". Exemple: an hour, an honour - Folosim articolul nehotarat A inaintea unui substantiv care incepe cu litera "u" sau grupul de litere "eu", doar atunci cand acestea se pronunta ca "you" Exemple: a European, a university, a unit Cand folosim articolul nehotarat A/AN? - Inaintea unui substantiv concret nedeterminat si numarabil: Exemple: A boy entered into the classroom. The reporter took an interview. - Inaintea unui substantiv concret cu functia de nume predicativ: Exemplu: She is a teacher. Ronnie is an elephant.
Nu folosim articol in urmatoarele situatii: - Inaintea substantivelor care indica nume proprii la singular: Exemplu: Paul is going to the school. - Inaintea substantivelor care indica nume de tari, orase si limba acestora: Exemple: France is a European country. You speak English fluently. Bucharest is the capital of Romania. - In unele expresii invariabile: Exemplu: by car, at school, in church, by train - Inaintea substantivelor abstracte, care indica nume de culori, stiinte, arte, materii etc:
Exemplu: beauty, health, dinner, lunch, breakfast, truth, green, gold, silver, mathematics, physics
1. Completati cu a / an / the acolo unde este cazul: ___ woman ___ unit ___ United States of America ___ Johnsons ___ elephant ___ beauty ___ hour ___ Thames 2. Completati propozitiile din textul de mai jos cu a/an: a) ___ old woman laughed at him. b) ___ cat and ___ dog were in the kitchen. c) I saw ___ elephant at the zoo. d) It was ___ excellent movie. e) She watched ___ TV show 3. Completati cu a / an / the acolo unde este cazul: Daniel is ___ teacher. He likes ___ Physics very much. He teaches at ___ Theoretical Highschool from ___ Bucharest. ___pupils like him very much. One day, he decided to take ___ children to see ___ laboratory from another highschool. There, they made ___ experiment. All ___ children considered ___ experiment ___ most interesting they have ever made.
Raspunsuri 1. Completati cu a / an / the acolo unde este cazul: a woman an unit The United States of America The Johnsons an elephant a beauty an hour The Thames 2. Completati propozitiile din textul de mai jos cu a/an:
a) An old woman laughed at him. b) A cat and a dog were in the kitchen. c) I saw an elephant at the zoo. d) It was an excellent movie. e) She watched a TV show 3. Completati cu a / an / the acolo unde este cazul: Daniel is a teacher. He likes the Physics very much. He teaches at aTheoretical Highschool from the Bucharest. The pupils like him very much. One day, he decided to take the children to see a laboratory from another highschool. There, they made an experiment. All the children considered the experiment the most interesting they have ever made.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 200 1000 10000
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten thirty forty fifty sixty seventy eighty ninety one hundred two hundred one thousand ten thousand
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ....... 31 32 33 34 .......
eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty twenty-one twenty-two twenty-three twenty-four ....... thirty-one thirty-two thirty-three thirty-four .......
153 one hundred and fifty-three 198 one hundred and ninety-eight 203 two hundred and three 405 four hundred and fifty 1,000,000 one million 12,000,000 twelve million 13,632,521 thirteen million six hundred thirty-two thousand five hundred and twenty-one Atentie! - se foloseste cratima intre numeralul zecilor si cel al unitatilor Exemple: 21 twenty-one; 99 ninety-nine - se pune virgula dupa fiecare grup care indica miile Exemplu: 1,222,351 - mentionarea conjunctiei and este obligatorie inaintea grupului zecilor si unitatea finala Exemplu: 2,532 - two thousand five hundred and thirty-two - cifrele zecimale se citesc astfel: 2.4832 - two point four eight three two
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th
first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth eleventh twelvth thirteenth fourteenth fifteenth sixteenth seventeenth eighteenth nineteenth twentieth
primul al doilea al treilea .......
1. Pronumele personal
a) cu functie de subiect b) cu functie de complement a) Forma pronumelui personal cu functie de subiect: I --- eu You --- tu, dumneata, dumneavoastra He --- el She --- ea It --- el, ea (neutru), pentru nume de obiecte, lucruri, animale We --- noi You --- voi, dumneavoastra They --- ei, ele, dumnealor Exemple: I am a big girl. He lives near the school. We like chocolate very much. Do you like football? b) Forma pronumelui personal cu functie de complement: me - mie, imi, mi (complement indirect) - pe mine, ma, m (complement direct) you - tie, iti, ti, dumitale, dumneavoastra (complement indirect) - pe tine, te, pe dumneata, pe dumneavoastra (complement direct)
him - lui, ii, i (complement indirect) - pe el, il (complement direct) her - ei, ii, i (complement indirect) - pe ea, o (complement direct) it - lui, ei, ii, i (complement indirect) - pe el, il, pe ea, o (complement direct) us - noua, ne, ni (complement indirect) - pe noi, ne (complement direct) you - voua, va, vi, dumneavoastra (complement indirect) - pe voi, va, pe dumneavoastra (complement direct) them - lor, le, li (complement indirect) - pe ei, ii, i (complement direct) Exemple: I watch my brother playing tennis. You gave me a nice gift. Give them a kiss from me!
2. Pronumele reflexive si de intarire
myself --- ma, insumi, insami yourself --- te, insuti, insati himself --- se, insusi herself --- se, insesi itself --- se, insusi, insasi (neutru) ourselves --- ne, insine, insene yourselves --- va, insiva, inseva themselves --- se, insisi, insesi Exemple: I found myself very smart. We did ourselves all the exercises.
3. Pronumele demonstrativ
this --- acesta, aceasta, asta, asta that --- acela, aceea, ala, aia these --- acestea, acestia, astia, astea those --- acelea, aceia, aia, alea Exemple: This is my brother. Those are his parents.
4. Pronumele posesive
mine --- al meu, a mea, ai mei, ale mele yours --- al tau, a ta, ai tai, ale tale his --- al sau (a lui), a sa (a lui), ai sai (ai lui), ale sale (ale lui) hers --- al sau (a ei), a sa (a ei), ai sai (ai ei), ale sale (ale ei) its own --- al sau, a sa, ai sai, ale sale (neutru) ours --- al nostru, a noastra, ai nostri, ale noastre yours --- al vostru, a voastra, ai vostri, ale voastre their --- al lor, a lor, ai lor, ale lor Exemple: My brother is tall, but yours is taller. His car is old, but hers is older. I lost my pencil, can you lend me yours?
5. Pronumele nehotarat
some + body, one, thing any + body, one, thing no + body, one, thing Exemple: I want something from you. She didn't find anything in the fridge. There was no one in the room.
6. Pronumele relativ
who --- care whom/who --- pe care whose --- al (a, ai, ale) carui, careia, carora what --- ce, ceea ce which --- care, pe care (pt. lucruri, obiecte ...) that --- care Exemple: My brother, who is a doctor, lives in Bucharest. Tom, whose car was stolen, bought another one last week. I found a cat that was lost. I didn't like what I saw.
7. Pronumele interogativ
who? --- cine? whom? who? --- pe cine? whose? --- al (a, ai, ale) cui? what? --- care?, pe care,ce? which? --- (pe) care dintre? Exemple: Whom did you see last Sunday? Whose shoes are those? What are you doing? Which do you like more?
1. Completati propozitiile urmatoare cu forma corecta a pronumelui reflexiv: 1) I enjoyed _______ at the party 2) My father didn't buy the book for _______ 3) The dog cut _______ while running in the street. 4) Help _______ with some fruit, John and Mary. 5) We saw _______ in the snow. 2. Completati propozitiile de mai jos cu forma corecta a pronumelui posesiv: 1) This is my cat. It is _______ 2) That is his lamp. It is _______ 3) These are our maps. They are _______ 4) Those are their shoes. They are _______ 5) This is her shirt. It is _______ 3. Completati corect spatiile goale cu unul dintre pronumele din paranteze: 1) I saw Mr. Thompson _______ is John's father. (that, who, which) 2) _______ did you meet last week, John or Steve? (which, who, whose) 3) Puffy, _______ is a big cat, is very lazy. (which, who, whose) 4) _______ are you doing? (whom, what, that) 5) _______ is going with you at the theatre? (who, that, whom) Raspunsuri: 1. Completati propozitiile urmatoare cu forma corecta a pronumelui reflexiv: 1) I enjoyed myself at the party 2) My father didn't buy the book for himself 3) The dog cut itself while running in the street. 4) Help yourselves with some fruit, John and Mary. 5) We saw ourselves in the snow. 2. Completati propozitiile de mai jos cu forma corecta a pronumelui posesiv: 1) This is my cat. It is mine 2) That is his lamp. It is his 3) These are our maps. They are ours 4) Those are their shoes. They are their 5) This is her shirt. It is hers 3. Completati corect spatiile goale cu unul dintre pronumele din paranteze: 1) I saw Mr. Thompson who is John's father. (that, who, which) 2) Who did you meet last week, John or Steve? (which, who, whose) 3) Puffy, which is a big cat, is very lazy. (which, who, whose) 4) What are you doing? (whom, what, that) 5) Who is going with you at the theatre? (who, that, whom)
Verbul "TO BE" - a fi
Forma afirmativa: I am (I'm) - Eu sunt You are (You're) - Tu esti He is (He's) - El este She is (She's) - Ea este It is (It's) - El/Ea este We are (We're) - Noi suntem You are (You're) - Voi sunteti They are (They're) - Ei/Ele sunt Forma interogativa: Am I? - Sunt eu? Are you? - Esti tu? Is he? - Este el? Is she? - Este ea? Is it? - Este el/ea? Are we? - Suntem noi? Are you? - Sunteti voi? Are they? - Sunt ei/ele? Forma negativa: I am not (I'm not) - Eu nu sunt You are not (You aren't) - Tu nu esti He is not (He isn't) - El nu este She is not (She isn't) - Ea nu este It is not (It isn't) - El/Ea nu este We are not (We aren't) - Noi nu suntem You are not (You aren't) - Voi nu sunteti They are not (They aren't) - Ei/Ele nu sunt
Verbul "TO HAVE" - a avea
Forma afirmativa: I have (I've) - Eu am You have (You've) - Tu ai He has (He's) - El are She has (She's) - Ea are It has (It's) - El/Ea are We have (We've) - Noi avem You have (You've) - Voi aveti They have (They've) - Ei/Ele au Forma interogativa: Have I? - Am eu? Have you? - Ai tu? Has he? - Are el? Has she? - Are ea? Has it? - Are el/ea? Have we? - Avem noi? Have you? - Aveti voi? Have they? - Au ei/ele? Forma negativa: I have not (I haven't) - Eu nu am You have not (You haven't) - Tu nu ai He has not (He hasn't) - El nu are She has not (She hasn't) - Ea nu are It has not (It hasn't) - El/Ea nu are We have not (We haven't) - Noi nu avem You have not (You haven't) - Voi nu aveti They have not (They haven't) - Ei/Ele nu au
Verbul "TO DO" - a face
Forma afirmativa: I do - Eu fac You do - Tu faci He does - El face She does - Ea face It does - El/Ea face We do - Noi facem You do - Voi faceti They do - Ei/Ele fac Forma interogativa: Do I? - Fac eu? Do you? - Faci tu? Does he? - Face el? Does she? - Face ea? Does it? - Face el/ea? Do we? - Facem noi? Do you? - Faceti voi? Do they? - Fac ei/ele? Forma negativa: I do not (I don't) - Eu nu fac You do not (You don't) - Tu nu faci He does not (He doesn't) - El nu face She does not (She doesn't) - Ea nu face It does not (It doesn't) - El/Ea nu face We do not (We don't) - Noi nu facem You do not (You don't) - Voi nu faceti They do not (They don't) - Ei/Ele nu fac
1. Completati spatiile goale cu forma corecta a verbului TO BE: a) Forma afirmativa: I _______ in the classroom. He _______ in the garden. They _______ in the house b) Forma negativa: You _______ in the office. She _______ in the bathroom. We _______ in the restaurant. 2. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Eu am 12 ani. 2. Tu esti in casa cu tatal tau. 3. Noi avem 2 buchete de flori. 4. Voi sunteti in clasa a patra. 5 El are un mar si doua portocale. 6. Ea este in curtea scolii cu prietena ei. 3. Completati spatiile goale cu forma interogativa a verbului TO BE: 1. _______ you a good friend? 2. _______ he your father? 3. _______ they your colleagues? 4. _______ she in the living room? 5. _______ we in the courtyard? Raspunsuri 1. Completati spatiile goale cu forma corecta a verbului TO BE: a) Forma afirmativa: I am in the classroom. He is in the garden. They are in the house b) Forma negativa: You are in the office. She is in the bathroom. We are in the restaurant. 2. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Eu am 12 ani. I have twelve years. 2. Tu esti in casa cu tatal tau. You are in the house with my father.
3. Noi avem 2 buchete de flori. We have two bunch of flowers. 4. Voi sunteti in clasa a patra. You aren't in fourth class. 5 El are un mar si doua portocale. He has un apple an two orange. 6. Ea este in curtea scolii cu prietena ei. She is in the schoolyard with her friend. 3. Completati spatiile goale cu forma interogativa a verbului TO BE: 1. Are you a good friend? 2. Is he your father? 3. Are they your colleagues? 4. Is she in the living room? 5. Are we in the courtyard?
A. Tipuri de substantive
1. Substantive commune 2. Substantive proprii 1. Substantivele comune desemneaza fiinte (oameni si animale) si obiecte / lucruri. Exemple: - fiinte: man, woman, grandmother, teacher, brother, pupil, doctor, nurse - obiecte (lucruri): pencil, school, car, hotel, medicine, shop, power, health 2. Substantivele proprii desemneaza nume de familie si prenume, nume de munti, orase, tari, ape etc. Exemple: - nume de familie si prenume: Ewing, Brown, Sawyer, John, Mary, Helen - nume de munti: Alps, Himalaya, Everest - nume de orase: Bucharest, Paris, Venice - nume de tari: France, Italy, Croatia - nume de ape: Mississippi, Danube, Thames
B. Genul substantivelor
1. Genul masculin (care se inlocuiesc cu pronumele personal he) Exemple: man, doctor, driver, father, boy 2. Genul feminin (care se inlocuiesc cu pronumele personal she) Exemple: woman, mother, girl, actress, sister. 3. Genul neutru (nume de lucruri, obiecte si animale; se inlocuiesc cu pronumele personal it) Exemple: cat, dog, pencil, butterfly, car, notebook.
C. Numarul substantivelor
Substantivele pot fi la singular sau la plural. Formarea pluralului: a) pluralul cu "-s" Exemple: a dog ---> two dogs a school ---> two schools a car ---> two cars a book ---> two books
A. Tipuri de adjective
• opinion adjectives (adjective de opinie): descriu ceea ce credem despre cineva sau ceva. Exemple: beautiful, great, nice, expensive, cheap, ugly etc. • fact adjectives (adjective de fapt): descriu ceea ce fiintele sau obiectele determinate sunt cu adevarat Exemple: short, large, long, green, round etc. ! Adjectivele de opinie stau inaintea adjectivelor de fapt
B. Adjectivul demonstrativ
Desemneaza fiinte sau lucruri pe care le aratam precizand in acelasi timp apropierea sau departarea in timp sau spatiu. Forme: • singular: - this (acest, aceasta) - that (acel, acea) • plural: - these (acesti, aceste) - those (acei, acele) Exemple: This man is a doctor. That girl is a pupil. These children are small. Those boys are playing in the scoolyard.
C. Adjectivul posesiv
Desemneaza raportul de posesie dintre un posesor si ceea ce acesta poseda: Forme: • singular: - my (meu, mea, mei, mele) - your (tau, ta, tai, tale) - his (lui, sau, sa, sai, sale) - her (ei, sau, sa, sai, sale) - its (lui, ei, sau, sa, sai, sale)
• plural: - our (nostru, noastra, nostri, noastre) - your (vostru, voastra, vostri, voastre) - their (lor) Exemple: This is my house. It is his car. That is our shop. Those are your books.
D. Comparativul adjectivelor
a) Comparativul de egalitate / inferioritate: "as ... as" (tot atat de / la fel de) "not as ... as" (nu atat de / nu la fel de) "not so ... as" (nu atat de / nu la fel de) Exemple: She is as pretty as her mother. He is not as tall as his brother. b) Comparativ de superioritate: - pentru adjective scurte (monosilabice) se adauga terminatia "-er" la finalul adjectivului respectiv - pentru adjective lungi, acestea sunt precedate de adverbul "more" Exemple: tall ---> taller (inalt ---> mai inalt) slim ---> slimmer (slab ---> mai slab) fast ---> faster (rapid ---> mai rapid) big ---> bigger (man ---> mai mare) beautiful ---> more beautiful (frumos ---> mai frumos) interesting ---> more interesting interesant ---> mai interesant difficult ---> more difficult dificil ---> mai dificil
E. Superlativul adjectivelor
- pentru adjective scurte (monosilabice) se adauga terminatia "-est" la adjectivul precedat de "the" - pentru adjective lungi, acestea vor fi precedate de "the most" Exemple: the tallest (cel mai inalt) the slimmest (cel mai slab) the fastest (cel mai rapid) the biggest (cel mai mare) the most beautiful (cel mai frumos) the most interesting (cel mai interesant) the most difficult (cel mai dificil)
F. Comparative si superlative neregulate
worse g o o d f a r m u c h ol d better farther (further) more older (elder)
the worst the best the farthest (the furthest) the most the oldest (the eldest)
rau bun indepartat mult batran
1. Traduceti in limba engleza urmatoarele propozitii: a) Aceasta masina este rosie. b) Acele fete sunt in clasa intai. c) Acei barbati sunt doctori. d) Aceasta este clasa mea. e) Acela este cainele ei. f) Acestea sunt caietele noastre. 2. Completati spatiile libere de mai jos, cu forma corecta a adjectivelor, la gradul de comparatie indicat:
Adjectiv bad fast good cheap beautiful thin fat
ComparativSuperlativ wor .................. se .................. fast .................. er the cheapest bett the most beautiful er .................. ...... the fattest ......
...... ...... ...... ...... thin ner ...... ...... ...... 3. Potriviti adjectivele la substantivele respective: cold nice beautiful long delicious traditional blouse hair weather girl dance food Raspunsuri 1. Traduceti in limba engleza urmatoarele propozitii: a) Aceasta masina este rosie. This car is red. b) Acele fete sunt in clasa intai. Those girls are in the first grade. c) Acei barbati sunt doctori. Those men are doctors. d) Aceasta este clasa mea. This is my classroom. e) Acela este cainele ei. That is her dog. f) Acestea sunt caietele noastre. These are our notebooks. 2. Completati spatiile libere de mai jos, cu forma corecta a adjectivelor, la gradul de comparatie indicat:
Adjectiv Comparativ Superlativ bad worse the worst fast faster the fastest good better the best cheap cheaper the cheapest beautiful more beautiful the most beautiful thin thinner the thinnest fat fatter the fattest 3. Potriviti adjectivele la substantivele respective: cold ---> weather nice ---> blouse beautiful ---> girl long ---> hair delicious ---> food traditional ---> dance
A. Adverbe de mod
- arata modul in care se petrece o actiune Mod de formare: - de obicei, aceste adverbe se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ly la finalul unui adjective. Exemple: beautiful ---> beautifully sad ---> sadly capable ---> capably slow ---> slowly easy ---> easily
B. Adverbe de loc - arata locul in care se petrece o actiune Exemple: here, there, upstairs, downstairs, anywhere, everywhere, outside, inside
C. Adverbe de timp - arata timpul in care se petrece o actiune Exemple: today, yesterday, tomorrow, Saturday, Monday, now, finally, later, soon, just, still
D. Adverbe de durata
- arata perioada de timp a unei actiuni Exemple: forever, shortly, long, permanently
E. Adverbe de comparatie
- arata gradul de intensitate al unei actiuni Exemple: extremely, greatly, hugely, partially, perfectly, strongly, totally, almost, very, entirely
F. Adverbe de frecventa
- arata gradul de repetabilitate al unei actiuni Exemple: always, constantly, often, rarely, regularly, seldom, sometimes, occasionally, rarely, never
G. Adverbe de probabilitate
- arata gradul de probabilitate a unei actiuni Exemple: certainly, perhaps, maybe, possibly, definitely
1. Cunoscand urmatoarele procente corespunzatoare adverbelor de frecventa, realizati propozitiile de mai jos, conform modelului. never ---> 0% rarely ---> 10% sometimes ---> 25% often ---> 50% usually ---> 75% always ---> 100% Exemplu: Sam / have / shower / evening (75%) Sam usually has shower in the evening. a) I / eat / cake / afternoon. (25%) b) Tim / sleep / living - room (50%) c) I / go / school / Sunday (0%) d) Dennis / play / tennis / weekends (100%) e) She / run / park / morning (10%) 2. Transformati urmatoarele adjective in adverbe: horrible ---> careful ---> nervous ---> desperate ---> slow ---> sudden ---> bright ---> proud ---> 3. Subliniati termenul corect din urmatoarele propozitii: a) Denisa was wearing a pretty / prettily dress at the wedding. b) I had a terrible / terribly dream last night. c) Final / Finally, she passed the exam. d) She was walking rapid / rapidly. e) Sam is fluent / fluently in French. f) Was your grammar test easy / easily? g) They were talking loud / loudly so everybody could hear them. 4) Alegeti varianta corecta: 1. Please don't talk so .................... . I'm trying to sleep. a) louder; b) loudest; c) loudly 2. We .................... go on picnics on weekends. We love fresh air. a) never; b) usually; c) seldom 3. The bouquet was .................... . She loved it. a) beautiful; b) beautifully; c) ugly. 4. James .................... put the broken glass into the rubbish bin. a) careful; b) more carefully; c) carefully
1) His t-shirt has a picture on it. 2) The queen of England wanted to wear golden dress at her wedding. 3) I went in Brussels last week. 4) She spent the afternoon with her friends. 5) We walked along the banks of River Seine. 6) She's been waiting for me for about four hours. 7) What's the weather like in Paris? 8) She was at the cinema last evening. 2. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1) Mihaela a plecat la munte la ora 8 dimineata. Mihaela went to the mountain at 8 o’clock in the morning. 2) Statuia este in fata stadionului. The statue is in front of the stadium. 3) In spatele operei se afla un hotel. Behind the opera there is a hotel. 4) Trenul a trecut prin tunel foarte rapid. The train passed through the tunnel rapidly. 5) Lui Philip ii place sa zboare deasupra oceanului. Philip likes flying across the ocean. 3. Completati spatiile libere cu prepozitia corecta: in, on, at, to 1) They live in Dubai. 2) We are staying at a nice hotel. 3) Philip always plays tennis in the afternoon. 4) They where very close to their cat. 5) We got on the first train to Sibiu. 6) Romania is in Europe. 7) You are going on a city tour tomorrow.
A. Mod de formare
Afirmativ: Subiect + Verbul la infinitiv (la persoana a III-a singular se adauga terminatia „-s" sau „-es") Exemple: 1. I go to school every day. 2. He reads a book every month. 3. She lives in Bucharest. Interogativ: Do / Does (pers.III, sg.) + Subiect + Verbul la infinitiv Exemple: 1. Do you go to school every day? 2. Does he read a book every month? 3. Does she live in Bucharest? Negativ: Subiect + do / does (pers.III, sg.) + not + Verbul la infinitiv Se folosesc adesea contractiile don't (do + not) si doesn't (does + not) Exemple: 1. I don't go to school every day. 2. He doesn't read a book every month. 3. She doesn't live in Bucharest.
B. Reguli pentru adaugarea terminatiei „-s" sau „-es" la afirmativ pentru persoana a III-a singular
! La majoritatea verbelor se adauga terminatia „-s" la persoana a III-a singular la afirmativ Exemple: I talk – He talks I work – He works I sleep – He sleeps ! Verbelelor care se termina in –ss, -sh, -ch, -x, -o li se adauga terminatia „-es" Exemple: I kiss – He kisses I wish – He wishes I catch – He catches I mix – He mixes I go – He goes ! La verbele care se termina in litera y precedata de o consoana, se inlocuieste litera y cu literai, iar apoi se adauga terminatia „-es” Exemple:
1. He lives in Bucharest. Does he live in Bucharest? 2. You wear an uniform at school. Do you wear an uniform at school? 3. My father drives very well. Does your father drive very well? 4. Mr. Smith teaches English. Does Mr Smith teach English? 5. You like pizza and hamburgers. Do you like pizza and hamburgers? 6. My neighbour works as an engineer. Does your neighbour work as an engineer? 7. Your father repairs the car every month. Does your father repair the car every month? 8. We drink coffee every morning. Do we drink coffee every morning? 9. Mary pays her bills every month. Does Mary pay her bills every month? 10. He goes to bed very early every evening. Does he go to bed very early every evening? 3. Folositi forma negativa pentru propozitiile urmatoare, folosind cuvintele din paranteze: 1. Mary writes postcards. (letters) Mary writes postcards, but she doesn’t write letters. 2. I go to the cinema. (theatre) I go to the cinema, but I don’t go to the theatre. 3. They read newspapers. (books) They read newspapers, but they don’t read books. 4. You study French. (English) You study French, but you don’t study English. 5. Mr. Brown works in an office. (at home) Mr. Brown works in an office, but he doesn’t work at home. 6. I like football. (rugby) I like football, but I don’t like rugby. 7. He drives a car. (a lorry) He drives a car, but he doesn’t drive a lorry. 8. Dan and John travel by train. (plane) Dan and John travel by train, but they don’t travel by plane. 9. We drink tea. (coffee) We drink tea, but we don’t drink coffee. 10. She plays chess every day. (tennis) She plays chess every day, but she doesn’t play tennis.
4. Formulati propozitii folosind conjunctia but: 1. Julia washes the dishes. (I) Julia washes the dishes, but I don’t. 2. He doesn't want to go to the seaside. (his girlfriend) He doesn't want to go to the seaside, but his girlfriend does. 3. I go to the cinema every week. (they) I go to the cinema every week, but they don’t. 4. She doesn't swim. (her sister) She doesn’t swim, but her sister does. 5. We have breakfast early in the morning. (Paul) We have breakfast early in the morning, but Paul doesn’t. 6. I don't play football. (my best friend) I don't play football, but my best friend does. 7. Me and my brother play on the computer. (Michael) Me and my brother play on the computer, but Michael doesn’t. 8. John doesn't read the newspaper every day. (we) John doesn't read the newspaper every day, but we do. 9. My mother likes to go shopping. (I) My mother likes to go shopping, but I don’t. 10. You don't travel by plane. (she) You don't travel by plane, but she does. 5. Adauga propozitiilor de mai jos adverbele din paranteze: 1. My sister gets up at 10 o'clock. (usually) My sister usually gets up at 10 o'clock. 2. We play football on Sundays. (sometimes) We sometimes play football on Sundays. 3. I go out with a stranger. (never) I never go out with a stranger. 4. She listens to music in the evening. (always) She always listens to music in the evening. 5. He goes to school by bus. (often) He often goes to school by bus. 6. I eat a hamburger in the morning. (never) I never eat a hamburger in the morning. 7. I read the newspaper in the evening. (usually) I usually read the newspaper in the evening. 8. In the morning I play on the computer. (sometimes) In the morning I sometimes play on the computer. 9. Mother washes the dishes in the evening. (always) Mother always washes the dishes in the evening. 10. They go skiing in the winter. (often) They often go skiing in the winter.
A. Mod de formare
Afirmativ: Subiect + to be (conjugat in functie de persoana) + Verbul la infinitiv + terminatia "-ing" Exemple: 1. I'm writing an article now. 2. They are playing football. 3. She is having lunch at this moment. Interogativ: To be (conjugat in functie de persoana) + Subiect + Verbul la infinitiv + terminatia "-ing" Exemple: 1. Am I writing an article now? 2. Are they playing football? 3. Is she having lunch at this moment? Negativ: Subiect + to be (conjugat in functie de persoana) + not + Verbul la infinitiv + terminatia "-ing" Se folosesc adesea contractiile isn't (is + not) si aren't (are + not) Exemple: 1. I'm not writing an article now. 2. They aren't playing football. 3. She isn't having lunch at this moment
B. Reguli pentru adaugarea terminatiei „-s" sau „-es" la afirmativ pentru persoana a III-a singular
! La majoritatea verbelor se adauga terminatia „-ing" fara nici o modificare: Exemple: play – playing try – trying drink – drinking sing - singing go - going draw - drawing cook - cooking learn - learning send - sending wash – washing ! La verbele care se termina in litera e precedata de o consoana, se renunta la litera e si se adauga terminatia "-ing"