This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. Claire Headley v Church of Scientology International and Religious Technology Center Claire Headley 2nd Amended COMPLAINT - Fullscreen Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC - Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Update 6/11/09: Current and Recent Lawsuits with the CoS/Scientologists Summary: A suit from an ex Scientologist alleging among other charges, abuse, human trafficking, forced abortions, and fraud while in the Sea Organization. Status: In Federal Court 2. Mark Headley v Church of Scientology International Marc Amended Complaint - Fullscreen Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC - Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Update 6/11/09: Current and Recent Lawsuits with the CoS/Scientologists Summary: A suit from an ex Scientologist alleging among other charges, inhumane working conditions, labor violations, and an illegally refusing to pay workers minimum wage as required by law. Status: In Federal Court 3. Laura DeCrescenzo v Church of Scientology International 1st Amended COMPLAINT - Laura A Laura Decrescenzo's Lawsuit Update 6/11/09: Current and Recent Lawsuits with the CoS/Scientologists Summary: A suit from an ex Scientologist alleging among other charges abuse, first amendment violations, and child labor violations. Status: In Federal Court 4. France v The Church of Scientology The trial in France Summary: Regarded in France as a cult, Scientology will be tried the first time from Monday in Paris until June 17 for "fraud in an organized gang." Seven officials, including its french leader Alain Rosenberg, 60yo, and its two main branches in France, will face three plaintiffs: two ex-followers and the Order of Pharmacists. Individuals, also prosecuted for "illegal practice of pharmacy", face up to ten years in prison and a million euros fine. Legal persons
may be fined five times and the prohibition of activity. Which would lead to the dissolution of the group in France Status: Currently hearing testimony
5. Belgium v Church of Scientology Scientology in court in Belgium on may 12th Summary: Belgium is moving forward with charges of organized crime, extortion, fraud, and the illegal practice of medicine against 12 Scientologists and 2 Scientology organizations. Status: The proceeding scheduled for May 12 have been postponed indefinitely, according to a statement by Xavier Magnée, one of the lawyers for the twelve indicted individuals. Nine motions requiring additional investigation were filed by several of the defendants. The Council Chamber must decide whether action is necessary for each motion. If any of the motions are rejected, the defense has the right to appeal.
6. The Sklars appeal The Sklars appeal to the Supreme Court Summary: The Jewish family, the Sklars, are suing for the right to have the same tax exemption status for religious education as enjoyed only by Scientologists in the United States. They are alleging a breach of the Establishment Clause. Status: The case is currently being appealed and considered by the Supreme Court of the USA. 7. Wrongful Death suit for Kyle Brennan Lawyer again takes on Church of Scientology - St. Petersburg Times Summary: Kyle Brennan, a young man of 20 with depression was visiting his Scientologist father in Florida. His father withheld Kyle's medication on orders from Church superiors and left a hand gun in the open. Kyle killed himself. Instead of calling an ambulance, his father called another Scientologist first and waited almost an hour before dialing 911. Status: Update 6/24/2009. Scientology's motion for dismissal denied, the case will move forward as planned. Judge denies Motions to Dismiss Kyle Brennan Complaint 8. Ben Kasle child rape case Man Accused Of Sexually Abusing Minor At Scientology Church Summary: Scientologist Ben Kasle was arrested in Cinci for allegedly raping a 13 year old girl inside the church of Scientology.
Status: convicted on June 4th 2009 on Count A ( a tier I sex offense reguiring sex registry in OH) after pleading nolo contendre ( neither admission or denial) to raping a child of 13-14 inside the Cincinnati Church of Scientology. [*] CASE CLOSED
9. The Chicago office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission v James L. Orrington Chicago dentist to settle forced Scientology, harassment case - Chicago Tribune Summary: A Chicago dentist has agreed to pay $462,500 to settle federal allegations that he violated U.S. discrimination laws by sexually harassing workers and by forcing employees who wanted to keep their jobs to submit to indoctrination in the tenets of Scientology. Status: Closed as of January 13th, 2009. James L. Orrington was forced to pay damages. 10. Peter Letterese v The Church of Scientology and Tom Cruise *NEED UPDATE* Letterese et al v. Church of Scientology International, Inc. et al Document 1 - :: Justia Docs Summary: Ex Scientologist Letterese is alleging the Church of Scientology is a criminal organization. Status: Unknown, case was weak 11. Godelman and Le Shay v Diskeeper (Church of Scientology IT company) Diskeeper loses on Summary Judgment motion Summary: Two employes of the IT company Diskeeper were fired after being refusing to participate in Scientology training for their jobs. Status: Currently in trial. As of 5/21/2009, Diskeeper loses Summary Judgment motion 12. US vs Dmitry Guzner Man Charged In Scientology Website Hacking Case - LA Times Summary: New Jersey man accused of ddos attacks against church of scientology websites Status: Guzner pled guilty, sentencing to come in a few months 13. Alabama Woman sues over forced Scientology training at work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOuEnHxEPks Woman says she was fired for publicly objecting to on-the-job Scientology teachings al.com
Summary: A woman working in a WISE operated dentist office in Alabama was forced to study LRH materials and Scientology while at work, which had nothing to do with her job. She was terminated for voicing her disagreement at being forced to study religious texts for her job. Status: Federal charges filed 2009 14. Pablo Mendoza v Narconon Newport Beach http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/03/09/ Florida_Man_Demands_$29K_Narconon_Refund.htm Summary: Pablo Mendoza alledged sexual harassment and sexual abuse as part of Narconon's "treatment" for drug rehabilitation. Status: Settled out of court with Narconon paying Mendoza in May 2009. 15. Jesse Remmers and Peter (Guiseppe) la Serpe hitman case in the Netherlands Summary: A hitman and accomplace who killed six people before his arrest in the Netherlands. Also allegedly the executive president of the Criminon Foundation Netherlands from December 2004 to October 2005. Status: Awaiting trial/pending 16. Sean Carasov v Scientology Charges Dropped Against Anonymous Member Sean Carasov - LAist: Los Angeles News, Food, Arts & Events Summary: LA Anon Sean Carasov arrested and charged with allegedly making violent threats towards Scientologists. Status: The entire encounter was filmed and as he did not make threats, the charges were dropped in April 2008, opening up the opportunity for a false police report charge against the Scientologist. 17. Gregg v Scientology Anonymous CRUSHES Scientology! Victory for Gregg Housh! - YouTube - Truveo Video Search Summary: Boston Anon "gregg" spent 7 months battling Scientology lawyers on charges of tresspass and criminal harassment for allegedly entering their org. Status: charges were dropped. 18. Angry Gay Pope Pansy Smasher v Scientology
Summary: was cited for violating committing PC 594(A)(2)(A) of the penal code... vandalism less than $400.00. Case No. SWM084862. After Catherine Fraser submitted "evidence" that the vandalism of the flowers cost the cult in excess of $1,000, the District Attorney upped the charges to a Class B misdemeanor.. PC M594(B)(1) - Vandalism Greater $400.00. Status: AGP is to be formally arraigned at the Murrieta courthouse in Riverside County on Monday, July 6, 2009 at 7:30 AM. AGP has admitted guilt in the vandalism to the officers that cited him, and said as much in videos, as a protest against Scientology's homophobia. He plans to plead "Not Guilty" in the matter
19. AnonOrange v Scientology Summary: has been charged with PC 602 -Trespassing on real property w/out consent and PC M242 Battery on a Peace Officer. Both are misdemeanors. Case No. SW D08300041. He has plead not guilty to the charges. Status: His trial was scheduled to start June 15, but a judge accepted a motion filed by AO's attorney to reschedule the trial to start on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM at the Murrieta Courthouse. 20. Nashville Assault Case Nashville Assault: Trespassing Charges Dropped! Summary: During the opening of Nashville's ideal celeb center, an Anonymous protester was attacked and arrested for alleged aggravated tresspassing. Video evidence shows the protester being attacked from behind after compling with orders to leave the area. Status: All charges were dropped. The investigation found the off duty police officers acted inappropriately, that the areas cordoned off by the Church of Scientology were permitted for the previous day and had expired by the time the "tresspassing" allegations were made, and there were enough bologna sandwiches for all of us. 21. Potential Suit of the City of Alberquerqe v Second Chance SND Records: Second Chance Owes $672K: City, State, IRS Among Unpaid Summary: Scientology front Second Chance was shut down for illegally housing violent criminals and smuggling people who weren't supposed to be there off the property. Second Chance owes more than $600,000 in back taxes, rent, and utilities. Status: The City of Alberquerqe is considering a lawsuit to force payment. No word yet on the status.