This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Hazardous Tree Identification November 25, 2013 | 9:00am to 3:30pm | $275 Hazardous trees can be tough to recognize and they can be costly – even deadly – if not managed before an avoidable accident happens. Learn the step-by-step process of identifying a hazard, correcting it and documenting your work for legal protection. Pesticide Calibration January 29, 2014 | 9:00am to 1:00pm | $195 Your job depends on getting pesticide math right. With his step-by-step instruction, Joe Clark helps make the math of mixing, measuring and calibrating more understandable. Leave with simple shortcuts to help you calculate golf course areas for safe chemical applications. Turfgrass Disease Management March 6, 2014 | 9:00am to 4:00pm | $225 In this two-day class, disease expert Rich Buckley will teach you practical tips for preventing, identifying and controlling turf diseases. Learn to identify the disease and treat its cause rather than its symptoms. Electrical Components of Golf Irrigation Systems March 10, 2014 | 9:00am to 3:30pm | $245 Bob Dobson, one of the nation’s leading golf course irrigation designers, teaches this one-day course on the electrical components that make up golf course irrigation systems. Introduction to Small Engine Repair March 19, 2014 | 9:00am to 3:30pm | $345 Be your own mechanic. In this one-day class, learn how to prevent the most common forms of engine failure and the proper way to perform routine repairs on two-cycle engines. Or choose from 40 other related turfgrass and landscaping courses at: www.cpe.rutgers.edu/landscape
Professional Golf Turf Management School
Add an Internationally Recognized Credential to YOUR Resume
Three-Week Preparatory Short Course
January 6, 2014 through January 24, 2014 New Brunswick, NJ www.golfturf.rutgers.edu/3week
Look Inside for Other Related Courses: • Turfgrass Disease Management • Golf Course Irrigation Systems • Small Engine Repair • And much more...
• Office of Continuing Professional Education •
____ $1695 – Registration (before 12/18/13) ____ $1895 – Registration (after 12/18/13)
Three- Week Preparatory Short Course (AT0301CA14)
Nonprofit Organization US Postage
New Brunswick, NJ Permit No. 153
Lake Management November 14–15, 2013 | 8:30am to 5:00pm | $395 Your ponds and lakes may be the most visible features on your course. This two-day class will teach you how to monitor water quality, identify nuisance algae/invasive plants and select the right rehabilitation strategies to correct, protect and enhance your liquid assets.
Name Name Tag
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey NJAES Office of Continuing Professional Education 102 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519 Phone: (732) 932-9271 • Fax: (732) 932-8726 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register me for these additional course(s): Course Name Date
City State Zip
Job Title Employer
Method of Payment
With an average base salary of $86,462, superintendents who have earned a two-year certificate earn more than the average base salary of superintendents with bachelor’s degrees, according to the GCSAA’s 2013 Compensation and Benefits Report*. Visit www.golfturf.rutgers.edu/2year for more program information.
Cardholder’s Name (printed)
Fall Session: Winter Session:
October 3 to December 13, 2013 January 6 to March 19, 2014
Signature of Cardholder
The Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School’s Two-Year Certificate Program
___ Certified check, money order or Purchase Order $_______ Total Cost ___ Charge to my credit card: ___ Visa ___ Mastercard ___ AMEX ___ Discover
Take Your Turf Career to the Next Level!
We will never sell, rent or exchange your contact information with a 3rd party. To unsubscribe and be removed from our list, contact us at email@example.com or by fax (732-932-1187) or phone (732-932-9271). YES, I want to be informed about courses and related information through periodic messages from Rutgers via: (check all that apply) ___ email ___ fax Billing Address
Professional Golf Turf Management School
Three-Week Preparatory Short Course
January 6 – 24, 2014 | New Brunswick, NJ
Grow Your Career
Add Our Internationally Recognized Intensive Short Course to Your Resume • New to the Turfgrass Industry?
Learn practical applications of turf science and plug into a nationwide network of employers. Learn the science behind your work and earn a respected credential to grow your career. Learn how to better communicate and coordinate with your turf managers.
• Need the Education to Match Your Experience? • Manage or Own a Golf Course?
Look Inside for Other Turf & Related Landscape Short Courses
Scan Code for an Exclusive Video Sneak Peek!!
• Office of Continuing Professional Education •
Professional Golf Turf Management School: Three-Week Preparatory Short Course
The Rutgers Advantage
• Reputation: Add a widely respected credential from internationallyrecognized Rutgers University to your resume. • Expert Instruction: Receive personalized attention from distinguished Rutgers professors, established superintendents, plant diagnostic specialists, industry-leading irrigation contractors and turf consultants. • Practical Content: Learn how to better manage challenges faced on your golf course, improve its aesthetics and increase your value as a turf manager. • Classroom Plus Field Training: Learn concepts in the classroom and acquire a more complete understanding with hands-on soil tests, reel grinding demonstrations and plant identification walks. • Networking: Join a proud network of turf professionals, including Rutgers professors, instructors, alumni and students. This invaluable community will provide job referrals and technical advice throughout your career. • Convenience: Minimize your time away from work and home with the intensive curriculum of this condensed three-week program. • Job / Internship Placement: Connect with instructors, classmates and alumni for available internships/jobs. We receive over 300 job opportunities each year and regularly offer referrals to our students.
After submitting a class summary program report to his employers: “I got an increase of $700,000 on my annual budget. Rutgers knowledge is power.”
Course Description and Content
Acquire knowledge, skills and confidence to help build a rewarding career in turf management. Our hands-on program covers:
Contact Casey Sky Noon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (732) 932-9271 x606
$1,695 per person if you register on or before December 18, 2013 $1,895 per person if you register after December 18, 2013
Paul Danjuma January 2013 Ikoyi Club Lagos, Nigeria
• Turf Establishment / Management: Seeding, sprigging, sodding, mowing, watering, fertilizing and cultivating • Turfgrass Diseases, Insects and Weeds: Identification and chemical / cultural methods of control • Turf Morphology and Agronomic Principles: Grass and seed selection and breeding • Plant Science and Landscape Management: Identification, selection, design and maintenance • Soil, Fertility and Drainage: Fertilizer needs, drainage and aeration • Irrigation Principles: Installation, repair, winterization and spring set-up • Mower and Equipment Maintenance: Routine maintenance and troubleshooting • Golf Course Construction: Design principles, surveying, costs, scheduling and contracts • Golf Course Math: Shortcuts to calculate golf course areas for safe chemical applications • Managing Golf Course Employees: Leadership, management, motivation and planning • Professional Development: Resumé writing, interviewing tips and career advice
We accept student loans (such as SallieMae). In addition, this course has been approved for tuition reimbursement through the GI Bill’s VA Training Program and NJ’s One Stop Career Center.
Housing and Transportation
Housing costs are not included in your tuition. Please make your own housing arrangements. We have contacted local hotels and extended-stay facilities to help identify housing options and negotiate discounted rates for your stay. To minimize housing costs further, consider sharing a suite or apartment with another student attending The Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School. Classes are held in multiple on-campus locations and public transportation is not available. If you do not own a car, you can rent one, carpool with other students or stay at one of the housing accommodations which offer shuttle service to our classrooms.
“I am here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way. Please feel free to call or email me!”
“After the first day, I thought that I got my money’s worth if the class ended right now. I would recommend this class to anyone.”
Meet Your Instructors
Learn the knowledge you need to grow and succeed from our expert instructors, including Rutgers professors and industry professionals. • Mr. Richard Buckley, Director, Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Laboratory • Mr. Tom Breiner, Northeast Sales Representative, Verdesian Life Sciences • Mr. Chris Carson, Superintendent, Echo Lake Country Club • Mr. Joseph Clark, Principal Lab Technician, Rutgers Turfgrass Research Farm • Mr. Bruce Crawford, Director, Rutgers Gardens • Mr. Robert Dobson, Owner, Middletown Sprinkler Company • Dr. Richard Hurley, Adjunct Professor, Rutgers Plant Biology and Pathology • Mr. Stephen Kay, Owner/Architect, Kay Smith Golf Course Design, LLC • Mr. Daniel Kluchinski, Assistant Director, Rutgers Cooperative Extension • Dr. Albrecht Koppenhöfer, Extension Specialist, Rutgers Dept. of Entomology • Mr. Steven Kristoph, Owner, Steven Kristoph Nursery • Mr. Edward Lipman, Director, Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education • Dr. William Meyer, Director, Rutgers Plant Science Research & Extension Farm • Mr. James Morris, Assoc. Director, Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education • Dr. James Murphy, Extension Specialist, Rutgers Plant Biology and Pathology • Mr. Bruce Neary, Owner, BCN Horticultural Services • Ms. Marie Pompei, Sales Representative, F.M. Brown’s Sons, Inc. • Mr. Steven Rettke, IPM Program Associate, Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Laboratory • Dr. Stephen Souza, President, Princeton Hydro, LLC
“The instructors do not teach out of a textbook. I can read information myself, but they made me understand it so that I can actually use it when I go back to work. The hands-on soil tests, reel grinding demos and plant ID walks were very important because once I put my hands down in it, that’s how I can learn and know and understand.”
Certificates and CEUs
Nick Shimsky January 2013 NJS Landscaping New Jersey
Earn a Certificate of Attendance for attending all three weeks of our program. Earn a Certificate of Completion for passing our optional final examination. Earn Pesticide Credits (Call 732-932-9271 for type/state pesticide credit details).
Who Should Attend and Why
• Grounds Crew, Mechanics, Spray and Irrigation Technicians: Expand your knowledge, skills and value to move up the career ladder. • Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Foremen: Understand the science behind your work and gain new insights into managing and motivating your crews. • Course Owners / Managers: Build your credibility and learn how to more effectively coordinate with your “greens team” to achieve optimal results. • Sports Field Managers: From drainage to compaction, learn to better manage the pounding your fields endure. • Career Changers: Learn the basics of turfgrass management and meet industry contacts to help jump start your exciting new career. • Industry Sales Representatives: Learn the terminology and culture of turf management to better communicate with your clients and prospects.
If you are unable to attend, be sure to notify us at least three days before the first day of class for a full refund less a $35 processing fee. Substitutions are welcomed.
Casey Sky Noon Marketing Assistant email@example.com 732-932-9271 x606
“I didn’t expect to learn about the management aspect of it. I am amazed at the diversity of what the Rutgers three week course had to offer.”
Online: Phone: Fax: Mail:
The Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School’s Three-Week Preparatory Short Course There is no application process or pre-requisites to attend. Simply register, pay and learn! Register online by visiting www.golfturf.rutgers.edu/3weekregister Call (732) 932-9271 ext. 630, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm EST Fax a registration form* with payment info to (732) 932-8726 Mail a registration form* to: The Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School Attn: Registration Department 102 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Todd Apgar January 2013 Metro Turf Specialists Connecticut
Joe Fraker January 2013 Ocean Edge Golf Course Massachusetts
*See back cover for our registration form. Be sure to include a copy of your payment method (certified check, money order, purchase order or credit card information accepted).