Piyush Sudip Patel
Email Address : email@example.com Phone: (+91)9642777959
: Room no 5, Plot no.50, Hanuman Nagar, Kondapur, Hyderabad, Andhra-Pradesh, India-500084
B-tech Computer Science and Engineering
Aug 2008 — May 2012. SRM University, Chennai. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Computer Science and Engineering (2008-2012) with 8.236/10 CGPA.
Tata Consultancy Services
Oct 2013 — Present. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is largest IT service multinational company in India. Web Tool Developer. Developing tools for internal web portal. Technologies used: J2EE Technologies: JSP, Ext JS 3.1, Struts 1.2, Hibernate 2.0, JQuery, CSS, Ajax, Google Developer Tools, Eclipse.
Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Consultancy Services
Dec 2012 — Mar 2013. ION Project First onsite project, worked on Handling Networking Protocols as an IT-Manager. Configured 350+ computers with the correct test software version and required testing, detecting and handling packet losses across the network for conducting GATE online examination in the year 2013. Required to understand and configure the network after studying the laid LAN architecture. Testing and reporting the Integration of the local LAN computers to main server every day until the final day of examination.
Tata Consultancy Services
Sep 2012 — Nov 2012. E-recruitment Portal Developed a small scale job portal for e-recruitment of candidates on Apache server with Type-II MVC architecture. Team leader of a module involving 5 team member and in-charge of defining, planning, tracking and managing the project. Assigned to check CR cycle of another module which involved Testing integrity of session handling, connectivity of databases, fixing bugs and finally integration of modules. Technologies used: J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, EJB, Struts 1.2, CSS, Oracle, JQuery, CSS, Ajax, Eclipse.
Technophilia Pvt. Ltd. - National leader in Robotics Education
Jun 2011 — Jul 2011.
Advanced Robotics & Embedded System Design based on the curriculum accredited by the Robotic & Computer Application Society for California. Worked on in-depth Embedded C programming on Atmel ATmega 8535 micro-controller, Various industrial communication protocols, developed various live industrial projects based on Robotics, Automation and Embedded Systems. Some live projects worked on: Swarm robotics, Line follower, Obstacle detection. Received International Certificate of Excellence covering the course curriculum.
In-Plant training at – WebArch, SRM University
1. Sign-Language Detection System. Oct 2010 - Dec 2010.
This project implements the hand sign detection, that renders 10 different English words based on different hand signs. 200 Positive and 500 negative images for each hand sign were used to train the haar cascade classifier. The hand is tracked and compared with the training data and a probability is calculated and compared with a threshold probability thereby rendering the hand sign to the associated word. This project was implemented in Java, OpenCV.
2. 2-D Clip Virtual augmented reality. Jan 2011 - Apr 2011.
This project involves tracking of a clip using a single marker tracking approach. The clip gets augmented relative to the position and angle of the tilt pattern through a live webcam feed. This requires the iterative conversion to OSG after pre-processing in OpenCV. This project has been developed in C, OpenCV libraries.
3. Huffman Lossless Image Compressor/De-compressor. Apr 2011 - Jul 2011.
This project involved the Huffman entropy encoding algorithm to reduce the size of image by assigning a fixed length of the bits pattern with a prefix and storing it in a data-structure. Later while decompressing the prefix pattern is retrieved back from the data-structure to produce the image resulting in a lossless compression/decompression of the image.
4. Gesture recognition System using Privacy (Under Graduate Project, Research in progress for an improved model, will apply for patent). Dec 2011 - Apr 2012-Present.
This system uses head gestures to move the mouse in a desktop environment while preventing shoulder surfing. System uses Camshift algorithm to track the head trajectory using OpenCV libraries. The Desktop has a Customized Monitor allowing the user wearing the customized spectacle to view the Desktop contents. Technologies used are: VC++, C-Make, MFC library, ATL library, OpenCV, MS-WIN API, and MySQL.
5. Standalone Paragraph Analyzer. Dec 2009 - Mar 2010.
This project involved analyzing the similarity between paragraphs based on String matching and Bag of words approach on pattern matching. The paragraphs are compared for verbatim text convergence incorporating suffix
vectors and vector space retrieval. The primary paragraph is compared to the targeted paragraph. Detection percentage report is generated for individual paragraphs. This project was developed using Java and MySQL.
6. FCS Hybrid Voting Security. Jan 2011 - Feb 2011.
This System secures the authentication requisite of the voting system by augmenting the existing level of security. The Primary image used is a Biometric quantity, such as a fingerprint image. Cryptography uses secret key and Biometric uses template, so when used in conjunction, cracking the system becomes more difficult. The secret key is integrated with the fingerprint image on the basis of primary image. The result produces a Steganographic image which looks quite similar to the primary image with data hidden inside the image. This application has been developed in Java/J2EE and MySQL.
7. Interest Based password generator. Oct 2011 - Dec 2011.
Based on users like and interest from the Facebook activity a likely password for the user is generated. Recent activity and likes are learned and a matching password based on them is suggested from the knowledge base. Concatenation of several words with special characters is used to generate a password. This project was developed using J2EE/Java, Facebook-Java-api.
8. 3-D Password Authentication Model. May 2012 - Jul 2012.
9. Android application for an Investment company. Jul 2012 - Aug 2012.
This project involved creation of website to an Android app. This application works on android version 2.3 onwards. Hardware acceleration is incorporated for a smooth user experience. This application was build using Android/Java programming with Eclipse IDE.
10. OCR Image Editor (in progress). Jul 2013 - Present.
In this project the challenge is to edit words in an image document as if it were a document file. This project is being implemented in Java, Tesseract.
1. Brain Chess-Playing Chess using brain Computer Interface.
Journal Published. International Proceedings of Computer Science and Information Technology and Engineering and Technology Digital Library. International Conference on Advancements in Information Technology (ICAIT). ICAIT-2011, Chennai 17-18, Dec 2011 www.ipcsit.com/vol20/35-ICAIT2011-A4076.pdf
2. Post-Processing on Optical Character Recognition.
International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering (ICCSE-2013), Institute of Research and th Development (IRD) India.18 August, Hyderabad, India. www.irdindia.in/Proceeding/Hyderabad_18_Aug.pdf
3. Customized LCD-Spectacle interface secrecy model.
International Academic Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (IACEECE), Institute of Research and Journals (IRAJ). IACEECE-2013, Hyderabad 22nd September 2013. http://iraj.in/up_proc/pdf/18-138134466264-68.pdf
4. 3-Dimensional Cubic Password Authentication.
International Academic Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (IACEECE), Institute of Research and Journals (IRAJ). IACEECE-2013, Hyderabad 22nd September 2013. http://iraj.in/up_proc/pdf/18-138134437060-63.pdf
Honors and Awards
1. Interviewed by OTV News, ‘Pragativadi’ and ‘Indian Express’ - Regional Newspaper in Odisha, India, for th th developing a Secrecy model for computer to avoid shoulder surfing, published on 5 Oct, 2013 and 10 Oct, 2013 . http://epaper.pragativadi.com/newsimg/file/2013-10-06/page-10/2013-10-06-10_11.jpg. http://newindianexpress.com/states/odisha/A-computer-monitor-safe-from-pryingeyes/2013/10/10/article1828791.ece1 (English). 2. Received Best paper award for my paper entitled ‘ Customized LCD-Spectacle interface secrecy model’ at International Academic Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (IACEECE-2013) and ‘Post-Processing on Optical Character Recognition’ at International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering (ICCSE-2013). 3. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Kudos, Consistent Performance of Highest Order during Initial Learning Program in Nov 2012. 4. Winner of Zeta 2012 in Nov, TCS Hyderabad with Best Implementation/Innovation Project. 5. Awarded Letter of Appreciation from Sri Guru Prasad Mishra (I.A.S, DM & Collector, Jharsuguda, Odisha) for Developing Computer Secrecy Model in 2011.
6. Runners-up at Microsoft road show in 3rd semester. 7. Runners-up at MAKUBEX, 7th Sense, a national Level Tech-fest in 7th semester.
10th Board: 77.4% Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Year of Passing: 2006. 12th Board: 73.8% Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Year of Passing: 2008.
1. Member of IWA (Indian Whistlers Association), 2013. 2. Web Developer in ‘WebArch’- A Website Designing Club at SRM University. 3. Social service for 'HelpAge India', 2004. 4. Active participator of Events and Workshop in various national symposiums.
1. Whistling to songs. 2. Playing Synthesizer. .