Date Arising Source/ Doc ref Doc ref

Ref No.

Washwood Heath to Curzon Street Action Log Issue Status Information available from HS2 Ltd

HS2 Ltd. to feedback about meeting with Environment Agency regarding flood plains.

Open/C losed

27/03/2012 Forum #1

1 HS2 Ltd. to send information about eVoice

Closed

HS2 Ltd and Arup have met with the Environment agency twice over the past couple of months. Both meetings have been productive with then Environment Agency explaining their work in the area and they are handing over all of their data on issues such as river levels and flooding.

Information on eVoice can be found at: http://evoice.org.uk/ Have any of the forum members had experience with using e-voice? HS2 Ltd is currently considering whether to adopt e-voice and would like to have further feedback on how it could be used. The Stakeholder Engagement team is currently looking into viability of adopting this across all forums. This is not something we would use. It looks like a tool that community or voluntary organisations can use to build a quick web site using a set of templates and is aimed at groups that don’t have any web resources. HS2 have a website where the forum information sits. However, there’s no reason why forum members can’t set up an eVoice site – or indeed any other kind of website for their own use independent of HS2. Having looked at a few of the eVoice sites it appears that all the info is in the public domain which may not suit everyone. 27/03/2012 Forum #1 2 HS2 Ltd. to consider how to reach local groups i.e. presentations Closed Clarify with forums which groups should be engaged and determine stage in design process when this may be appropriate. New Stakeholder Team embarking on engagement campaign to identify gaps in representation with a view to recruiting additional required members for forums. Stakeholder Team has delivered an engagement campaign to identify gaps in representation with a view to recruiting additional required members for forums. this has resulted in new forum members attending the forum meetings. Please see attachment 1 which provides a list of the members of the Curzon Street station working group.

27/03/2012 Forum #1

3 HS2 Ltd. to send membership of station working group (to identify any overlap/gaps)

Closed

27/03/2012 Forum #1

4

Closed

BCC to look at list of venues. Suggestion to rotate venues. Agreement to have a venue nearer to Washwood Heath depot at next meeting. 27/03/2012 Forum #1 5 HS2 Ltd. to send links to maps 27/03/2012 Forum #1 6 HS2 Ltd. to clarify if EIA covers Phase 2 depot issues. 27/03/2012 Forum #1 7 HS2 Ltd. to consider ways in which to link chairs and representatives 27/03/2012 Forum #1 8 HS2 Ltd./BCC to bring more information on the master plan of Curzon Street and Washwood Heath Closed Closed Closed Closed Taken forward Up to date maps can be found at http://www.dft.gov.uk/publications/hs2-maps20120110/ The EIA will consider the depot and provision of services for phase two of HS2. One independent chairperson (Martin Brooks) has been appointed to chair the four Birmingham area forums. Records of each of the forum meetings will continue to be added to the HS2 Ltd website.

Current high level design of these areas can be found at http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/hs2-maps20120110/hs2arp00drrw05304issue2.pdf (Washwood Heath) http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/hs2-maps20120110/hs2arp00drrw05305issue2.pdf (Curzon Street) Can Birmingham City Council provide any further information about the current progress of master planning in these areas? Open Request raised with BCC 14/8/13

27/03/2012 Forum #1

9 HS2 Ltd. to circulate email with everyone’s contacts to prompt a discussion about chair. Forum to suggest chairs and if possible vote at next meeting.

27/03/2012 Forum #1

10 HS2 Ltd. to look into contacts from ‘near neighbours’ and other resident groups and circulate.

Closed

27/03/2012 Forum #1

11 BCC to chase up attendance of councillors.

Closed

HS2 Ltd has provided an independent chair for the meeting on 13 June 2012. If the forum would like to discuss chair in the future, this can be accommodated for future meetings. Members from other forums could attend neighbouring forums as “guests” and share information between the forums. All forums agendas and minutes can be seen on the DfT website: http://highspeedrail.dft.gov.uk/communityforu mslist Mel forwarded details of BCC Ward Committees. Briefings have been arranged to encourage elected member attendance at forums HS2 Ltd representatives attaended ward committee meetings during Autuumn 2012 to promote the forums. Internal BCc briefings produced and member briefings held during spring 2013. Mel forwarded some new contacts and will forward more when she receives them from colleagues. Stakeholder Team are contacting all to solicit interest and offer bilateral meetings

27/03/2012 Forum #1

12 BCC to look into their list of local groups and circulate.

Closed

27/03/2012 Forum #1

13

Closed

This is being chased by the Stakeholder Team. The Curzon Street Station Working Group is a technical meeting, which meets to review progress on the development of Curzon Street Station and the associated High Speed 2 railway as this progress towards the Hybrid Bill submission.

13/06/2012 Forum #2

HS2 Ltd to circulate the remit of the Curzon Street Station Working Group to forum 1 attendees.

Closed

13/06/2012 Forum #2

Birmingham City Council to send a list of local community groups and representatives for HS2 Ltd to make contact with and invite to future forum 2 meetings. Closed HS2 Ltd to contact attendees from the last forum meeting on 27 March 2012 and ask what would encourage them to 3 attend in future. Closed HS2 Ltd to provide more information about the threestage design process which is currently underway. The forum members would like to know more about how the design work is progressing through this 4 process. Closed

Mel forwarded some new contacts and will forward more when she receives them from colleagues. Stakeholder Team are contacting all to solicit interest and offer bilateral meetings

13/06/2012 Forum #2

Stakeholder Team have contacted

13/06/2012 Forum #2

HS2 have completed a priliminary design that has been delivered to the Environmental Team to complete an Environmental Impact Assessment. Communities and other stakeholders can influence the design thooughout this process

13/06/2012 Forum #2

HS2 Ltd to work with Birmingham City Council on stakeholder identification in the local area in preparation for the property and compensation consultation, to ensure community members receive 5 the consultation information. Closed HS2 Ltd to update forum members on the potential locations for electrical substations, once this has been 6 determined in the design. Closed HS2 Ltd to provide a crosssection drawing of Curzon Street station showing the platform layout and dimensions, at the next forum 7 meeting. Closed HS2 Ltd to share information about the layout of Washwood Heath depot once further design work has been carried 8 out. Open

Ongoing - consultation package to be announced after summer recess An update on the consultation arrangements will be given at the November forum as part of the presentation on the property compensation measures. This information will be shared with forum members when more detailed designs are produced. This information was contained in Draft ES

13/06/2012 Forum #2

This is being followed up. A drawing was circulated at the September forum meeting.

13/06/2012 Forum #2

13/06/2012 Forum #2

Design development is still underway. However we are looking to minimise the land take as much as possible.

13/06/2012 Forum #2

13/06/2012 Forum #2

HS2 Ltd to liaise with Birmingham City Council regarding the East Side Master Plan and proposed provisions 9 for car parking. HS2 Ltd to liaise with Birmingham City Council regarding attendance at Ward 10 Committee meetings.

Closed

HS2 is undertaking ongoing liaison with BCC on the East Side Master Plan

Closed

Stakeholder Team are attending Ward Committee meetings

24/09/2012 Forum #3

HS2 Ltd to contact community forum members not present at the meeting to seek their approval of including names against attendees for inclusion 1 within future meeting notes. Closed

Email sent with meeting papers.

24/09/2012 Forum #3

24/09/2012 Forum #3

HS2 Ltd to seek to preserve two types of access to and from the proposed Curzon Street Station: (a) access to the station, including a southern access point in addition to the northern access, and (b) access across the station between 2 Digbeth and Millennium Point Open HS2 Ltd to provide a longitudinal cross section of the station building from Moor Street Queensway to the ring 3 road. Closed

The design options are progressing and the station architects are currently considering whether a southern access point could be incorporated along with access across the station. This has been recorded as a request for change.

This was presented at the March 2013 community forum

24/09/2012 Forum #3

24/09/2012 Forum #3

HS2 Ltd to work with Centro and Birmingham City Council to present wider public transport proposals around the station at a future community forum for discussion to enable forum 4 input into emerging proposals. Closed HS2 Ltd to work with Centro and Birmingham City Council to make available to the community forum the wider West Midlands-Centro-HS2 local transport connectivity/accessibility 5 proposals. Open HS2 Ltd to update forum members on when the detailed station design be available for input and the consultation and 6 engagement process. Open HS2 Ltd to provide a 3D virtual model of Curzon Street station 7 at the next forum meeting.

This action is ongoing. This was presented at the March 2013 community forum.

This action is ongoing

24/09/2012 Forum #3

Update to be given. This is something that is likely to be produced in the longer term. Updates will be given as the design progresses.

24/09/2012 Forum #3

Open

24/09/2012 Forum #3

HS2 Ltd to consider the options for the retention of the Fox & Grapes public House within the station design and to consider national and international best practice for retaining and including historic assets in 8 major development schemes. Closed HS2 Ltd to liaise with Pete’s Haulage representative for a 1 2 1 discussion regarding the 9 impact of HS2 on the property. Closed

The design options for the station are currently being progressed and options for heritage assets are being considered. The draft ES set out the preferred option for the heritage asset (31/7)

Meeting to be arranged. Initial meeting took place 21/3/13. HS2 Ltd WM Stakeholder Team worked with Birmingham City Council to deliver a strategy for promoting the property compensation consultation. This resulted in 4 road shows being delivered across the Birmingham section of the route and the details of the road shows being promoted via the city council’s website. Discussions are on-going as to whether further, targeted meetings are required and we will update the forum accordingly. Details of the forthcoming re-consultation will be provided at the September 2013 community forum meeting.

24/09/2012 Forum #3

24/09/2012 Forum #3

HS2 Ltd to liaise with Birmingham City Council regarding the consultation arrangements for the forthcoming property compensation and safeguarding 10 consultation. Closed The Community Forum to identify potential additional members of the forum and to forward details to HS2 West 11 Midlands stakeholder team.

24/09/2012 Forum #3

Open

03/12/2012 Forum #4

03/12/2012 Forum #4

03/12/2012 Forum #4

HS2 Ltd to contact Birmingham Friends of the Earth to arrange bilateral meeting to discuss access issues in more detail; particularly the impact on their 1 property by w/c 17th Dec. Closed HS2 Ltd to update the forum at its next meeting on how the designs of the proposed depot are progressing (February 2 meeting). Closed Birmingham City Council to provide an update on the masterplan for Washwood Heath site at the next community forum meeting 3 (February meeting). Open

Meeting has taken place, February 2013.

This will be determind through the detail plannin process post Hybrid Bill.

For future meetings

03/12/2012 Forum #4

HS2 Ltd to confirm inclusion of high quality illumination and design as part of the on-going station design work for a presentation at a future community forum to enable forum input into emerging 4 proposals.

Open

This will be determind through the detail plannin process post Hybrid Bill

03/12/2012 Forum #4

HS2 Ltd to update forum members on the proposals for highway changes at the Bromford Roundabout at the next community forum meeting 5 (February meeting). Closed HS2 Ltd to consider the issue of betterment and best practice when dealing with land impacted by HS2 prior and during construction for a further discussion at a future forum meeting once 6 safeguarding confirmed. Open HS2 Ltd to circulate draft engagement and communication strategy for comment. To be circulated with 7 meeting note. Closed HS2 Ltd to distribute details of property compensation roadshows in Warwickshire & Staffordshire by 7th December (Forum Members are welcome 8 to attend these roadshows). closed HS2 Ltd to distribute copies of the noise monitoring pro-forma 9 by 7th December. closed HS2 Ltd to confirm details of the consultation arrangements for the Code of Construction Practice. A note to be circulated 10 with meeting notes. closed

The tunnel proposal negates the need to undertake highway changes at the Bromford Roundabout. Thuis was explaind at the March forum meeting.

For future meetings The forum had the opportunity to comment through the Property Compensation Consultation

03/12/2012 Forum #4

03/12/2012 Forum #4

Sent with the draft meeting note. A further update was provided at the March community forum meeting.

03/12/2012 Forum #4

Circulated

03/12/2012 Forum #4

Circulated The draft Code of Construction Practice (CoCP) will form part of the assumptions in the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and will be consulted on as part of the Environmental Statement (ES) consultation in Spring 2013. A Public Right of Way (PROW) does exist but this is shown as being stopped up as the route is gated. The PROW was a link from Bromford Lane into the old LDV site and that is why it is gated. Now the LDV site has gone it serves no purpose.We can confirm that the proposed depot facility will indeed include cycling facilities.

03/12/2012 Forum #4

19/03/2013 Forum #5

19/03/2013 Forum #5

HS2 Ltd to investigate the possibility of incorporating cycle routes through/around the proposed depot site. Update to 1 follow at next forum meeting. Closed HS2 Ltd to provide a 3D scale model of the Curzon Street Station proposal for a future forum meeting. (Date to be 2 determined) Open

This is something that is likely to be produced in the longer term; post deposit of the Hybrid Bill.

19/03/2013 Forum #5

HS2 Ltd to consider requirements for a wheelchair friendly route between the Polish Centre and Moor Street Queensway be incorporated within access routes between Digbeth and the city centre (on going design work; update to follow at next community 3 forum meeting). Closed

The current designs for Curzon Street Station show an accessible route between Digbeth (Park street) to Moor Street Queensway to enable access between The Polish Centre and the city centre.

19/03/2013 Forum #5

HS2 Ltd to work with Birmingham City Council to identify options for opening up existing streets to vehicular traffic to ensure access to the Polish Centre; particularly from the north of the city (update to follow at next community 4 forum meeting). Open

This will not be considered in advance of the Hybrid Bill. I have checked with the WM Hs2 environmental manager who has confirmed that locations around Bordesley Street and Allison street have indeed been used as noise monitoring locations.Bordesley Street properties since contacted in March 2013 and arrangments confirmed.

19/03/2013 Forum #5

HS2 Ltd to consider utilising residential properties on Bordesley Street for noise monitoring (confirmation to 5 follow by end of March).

closed

19/03/2013 Forum #5

19/03/2013 Forum #5

HS2 Ltd to consider request that notifications in relating to draft Environmental Statement consultation be extended beyond the proposed 500m line; particularly around major sites along the route. (Response to be circulated alongside consultation details once 6 confirmed). Closed HS2 Ltd to circulate contact details for Birmingham City Council representative (with 7 meeting notes). Closed HS2 Ltd to report back to the Polish Catholic Association on concerns that were raised during the draft ES consultation 1 when appropriate. Open HS2 Ltd to contact residents living in Digbeth to discuss the 2 impacts of construction works. Open

We can confirm that a leaflet drop publicising the draft ES and events has been distributed to occupiers within 1 KM of the Line of Route.

Contact details were circulated.

24/09/2013 Forum #6

A meeting will be arranged post deposit of the Hybrid Bill and publication of the formal ES.

24/09/2013 Forum #6

Residents will be contacted post deposit of the Hybrid Bill and publication of the formal ES.

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful