This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
CARE WORKERS – DOCTORS, NURSES AND ALL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Machakos County takes the provision of Healthcare as an integral component of the
development agenda for our people. We have put all systems in place and
devolution of the health sector is progressing well.
Machakos plans to provide accessible, affordable and efficient healthcare to all our
citizens. To achieve this, the county will undertake the following so as to attract
and retain doctors and other health care professionals in Machakos.
1. Formation of the Machakos County Health Services Committee with
membership drawn from the County Government and Representatives of health
professionals. This committee will be responsible for Training, Promotions,
Transfers, and Disciplinary matters.
2. Provision of relocation allowance for Doctors and Nurses coming from any
corner of this country or overseas.
Provision of free housing for all doctors and other health professionals.
4. Medical Insurance cover for all health personnel working under the Government
Sponsorship of post Graduate studies for health professionals.
Provision of Responsibility Allowance to those in administrative positions.
In addition to this, my government is undertaking the following measures in order
to improve the working environment and modernize healthcare in Machakos.
1. Equipping all our hospitals with modern medical facilities, equipment and
2. Providing exchange programs with international universities and medical
research centres to enhance and build capacity.
3. Improving the health infrastructure by upgrading and building new
dispensaries, health centers into community hospitals with maternity facility, mini
theatre, laboratory, X-ray and modern inpatient facilities.
4. Upgrading Machakos level 5 Hospital with ICU, Renal Dialyses services,
oncology services to cater for cancer clients and a new 10 bed private wing.
Provision of all required consumables and healthy working environment.
6. A new countywide electronic health record system so that No patient document
will ever be lost or misplaced.
7. A robust emergency response system with 70 ambulances in order to respond
to emergencies within the clock
We are undertaking these measures to ensure every citizen in Machakos County
receives excellent health care and all healthcare professionals work in a conducive
environment. We welcome doctors and nurses from all over the country who wish to
work in Machakos – The Place to Be.