TIPU ASSOCIATES (PRIVATE) LIMITED INVIGILATORS’ TERMS OF REFERENCE EXAM SESSION 2013 – 2014 These invigilators’ terms of reference
lays out the terms and conditions at which Tipu Associates (Pvt.) Limited engages the invigilators to carry out the invigilation services for the British Council. 1. DEFINITIONS 1.1. 1.2. 1.3. 1.4. 1.5. 1.6. “Invigilators’ Terms of Reference” may be called as “TORs”. “BC” or “Council” mean the “British Council”. “Member” a person who is registered at www.tipuassociates.com and willing to offer services as Invigilator. “TA” or “Tipu Associates” mean “Tipu Associates (Pvt.) Ltd.” “Them” means British Council and Tipu Associates. “You” and/or “Your” mean Member.
2. PROVISION OF SERVICES: 2.1. 2.2. 2.3. 2.4. 2.5. You are required to invigilate various exams held under the supervision of British Council. You are responsible to the representatives of the British Council and Tipu Associates for the quality of your professional work and tasks assigned to you by them. You must follow the “Venue Staff Code of Practice” provided during the training session by the British Council. You shall attend and participate in such training activities as required by British Council and/or Tipu Associates. You shall appear in any test online or otherwise asked by British Council and/or Tipu Associates, irrespective of the fact that you may already have cleared that test.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: 3.1. 3.2. 3.3. 3.4. 3.5. Your all correspondence shall ONLY be made with Tipu Associates. Any correspondence directly or indirectly with British Council shall be subject to disqualification from invigilation services without any notice. Correspondence with Tipu Associates shall be made through email at email@example.com. You may contact the relevant offices of Tipu Associates if necessary through landlines, mentioned at www.tipuassociates.com. You may neither call nor send text message(s) on cell number(s) of Tipu Associates’
Tipu Associates shall be under no obligation to inform you reason of not appointing you. Noisy Jewelry and Heavy Accessories. Appointment letter will provide your designation.4.1. 2014.
. attending training and clearing all relevant tests. DRESS CODE: 4.6. If you remain absent without approval or after accepting appointment letter. 6. SCHEDULE OF DUTY 7. 6. Shalwar Kameez.1. date and shift of your duty(s) and log in time. Tipu Associates reserves right to record your call and may use as reference if needed.2. Once an appointment letter is issued to you. Even after appearing in interview.5.
6. or resigned in writing.7. These TORs will remain enforced unless modified. pressed.2. you do not join you may not be considered for future assignments. 7. Noisy shoes etc. 7. you are under obligation to attend all the duties assigned to you.
7. you may not be appointed. 4. clean. and to a standard that is acceptable to “British Council” and the “Tipu Associates”.2. You are under no obligation to offer Invigilation Services for any further period after March 31. After obtaining your availability before the start of each exam session.3. It is recognized need for staff to present a professional image on behalf of “British Council” and/or the “Tipu Associates”. APPOINTMENT LETTER 6. 6.3.1. 5. You must reconfirm your next duty from your Supervisors at venue before leaving exam venue.3. Tie & Formal Shoes. unless there is an exceptional case. It will provide your exam venue. rate of pay and other information necessary for respective exam session. Dress shirts. 6. 4.
4.6. You will present yourself in clothing that is in good repair. Male invigilators MUST NOT wear Jeans-T-shirts. Appointment letter along with the schedule of duties will be issued to you. Female invigilators MUST NOT wear High Heels. DURATION: 5.3. 6. Neatness and personal grooming are important aspects for achieving image. Tipu Associates is under no obligation to appoint you in each and every exam session. They MUST wear Dress Pants. Baseball Caps.1.
staff.4. 4. You are under no obligation to provide your availability for each and every exam for which such availability is sought by Tipu Associates.
ATTENDANCE SHEET: 8.8.135/. 8. if any as per policy of the “British Council”.
10. Separate attendance sheets for morning.5.1. 10.per hour
Different designations may be allotted in same as well as in different exam sessions on need basis. 2013 are given below for your reference Sr.2.per hour Rs.3. DESIGNATION AND RATE OF PAY 9.4.380/. # 01 02 Designation Supervisor Outreach Supervisor (only if the supervisor is deployed from Lahore. Senior Invigilator Outreach Invigilator Invigilator Venue Attendants Rate of Pay Rs.2. 8.per hour Rs.per hour Rs.1. Time sheet without member ID or not signed by you or not counter signed by the Supervisor shall not be considered for payment of remuneration. If for any reason the “British Council” is dissatisfied with any aspect of the services
. Allowances if any shall become due in the event of your attending duty in respective exam session.460/.2.per hour Rs. You must not login prior to your login time mentioned in your attendance sheet and schedule of duties You must ensure that attendance sheet is countersigned by Supervisor. DISSATISFACTION 11. afternoon and practical sessions are kept at the exam venues.460/. 8.1.
Rs. You will be paid allowances. You will report to the British Council representative at the exam venue and sign your attendance against your name and member ID. Islamabad or Karachi at an outreach city). 11. 8. In case you are not appointed or didn’t perform any duty after accepting appointment letter no payment of such allowances shall be made.535/. Designations and rates of pay effective from April 01.1.600/. ALLOWANCES 10.per hour
03 04 05 06 9.
2. 14. 14. Period of 15-days may be extended by the Tipu Associates. death or personal injury caused by or arising out of the negligence of. will be made within 30-days from the date of which acceptance of claim. Payment will be made through crossed cheque within 7 to 10 days after receiving funds from “British Council”. 15.3. 15. In addition you hereby undertake to indemnify “British Council” and “Tipu Associates” in respect of any claim of any kind made against them. 14. All claims of short payment will be accepted within 30-days of making payment by Tipu Associates. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY: 13.5. 13. PAYMENT: 14.4. All claims must be sent through email at invigilation@tipuassociates. or breach on your part. theft or injury (including death) or damage whatsoever caused or suffered by you arising out of or in connection with the engagement under this appointment letter. In this event “Tipu Associates” will notify you.1.4. “Tipu Associates” may not re-issue any fresh cheque. 15. “Tipu Associates” may withhold an appropriate sum of money. You will not be paid for the time reported in your attendance sheet prior to your login time printed in attendance sheet and schedule of duties.1.1.3. through email is notified by Tipu Associates. intimation of which may be given in writing to the claimant invigilator.
.1. LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 12. 15. identifying the particular work with which it is dissatisfied together with the reasons for its dissatisfaction. All payment claims will be settled by Tipu Associates with 15-days from date of receipt of such claims.2. 15. Claims without providing detail of duties shall not be accepted.provided by you. SHORT PAYMENT CLAIMS: 15. Your payment will be calculated according to the rate mentioned in your appointment letter in accordance with hours worked as reported in attendance sheet in conformity with the reporting/finishing time. “British Council” and “Tipu Associates” shall have no liability for any loss. Payment of claim if accepted. 12. After expiry of 6 months.com by giving complete detail of duties. which may arise from any willful misconduct by you or negligent performance of your duties under any appointment for invigilation services. 14. You shall indemnify “British Council” and/or “Tipu Associates” from and against all loss or liability in connection with theft. The validity of each cheque will be for a period of 6 months. physical damage to property.
18. you do not join you may not be considered for future assignments. payments due to you under this agreement shall be made for services rendered to the “British Council’s” satisfaction up to the date of termination by “Tipu Associates”.4. In the event of the suspension of obligations “Tipu Associates” shall pay any sums due and outstanding under the terms of this agreement at the date of suspension. you may do so by giving three days’ notice in writing. 17. LEAVE OF ABSENCE: 16. No other payment shall be made. “Tipu Associates” has the right to terminate this agreement without notice if you are guilty of any misconduct.2. you must inform “Tipu Associates” in writing at least 72 hours before respective duty(s) and will remain absent only after obtaining approval from “Tipu Associates”.1. If the performance under your appointment letter is delayed. Upon termination.1. If for any reason.3. “Tipu Associates” may terminate appointment letter with immediate effect in the event of you becoming bankrupt or making a composition or arrangement with your creditors or having a proposal for a voluntary arrangement for a composition of debts. or should not reasonably been spent. 18. 17. CESSATION AND SUSPENSION OF OBLIGATIONS In the event of the cessation of obligations “Tipu Associates” will pay:18. 17. then the party so affected shall promptly notify the other in
. as the case may be.16. In case you feel you may not attend to your duties on a specific day(s). TERMINATION OF APPOINTMENT LETTER: 17. your administrator. Any sums due or outstanding under the terms of this agreement.1. Provided that your engagement may be reinstated and continued if “Tipu Associates” and you. 16. you wish to resign. If for any reason “Tipu Associates” or the “British Council” wish to terminate appointment letter prematurely it may do so by giving you three days advance notice in writing.3. FORCE MAJEURE 19. receiver or manager.2. 19. Reimbursement of reasonable expenses directly and necessarily incurred after the relevant date in winding up this agreement. 17. your trustee in bankruptcy. If you remain absent without approval or after accepting this appointment letter.2. In addition. shall so agree. at the date of termination or to offset any such sums against any payments due to you.1. “Tipu Associates” reserves the right to recover any sums which have been paid in advance and which are unspent. hindered or prevented or is otherwise frustrated by reason of force majeure which shall mean any event beyond the control of the party affected. 18.
20. and you hereby assign to the “British Council” copyright and all associated rights in such reports or papers.2. or if the other party has failed to respond within 03 working days.1. 1. Any reports or papers prepared by you shall be the property of the “British Council”. These TOR’s may be amended or resigned in writing.2. 21.1. NON-DISCLOSURE 22. rights in databases. “British Council” and “Tipu Associates” may take all responsible steps to provide continuity of services. 24.” 22.1. trademarks including but not limited to all records.1. domain name.1. know-how. modifications and improvements of any kind. Any of your relatives appearing in any exam conducted under supervision of British Council
.1. 19. 23. VARIATION 20.1. You must submit signed copy of declaration of interest 30 days prior to start of each exam session in respect of following:1. documents. no disclosure to any third party of any information arising from this agreement shall be made. information.4. developed or created by You in connection with the Services whether alone or with any other person. Any of your relatives is working as an Invigilator 1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS 23.1.1. examination materials and all other intellectual property rights in all works in each case made. You undertake that during and after the termination or successful completion of invigilation services. the obligations of both parties shall cease or shall be suspended for an appropriate period of time to be arranged between the parties. copyright work. LEGAL DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: 21. papers. DECLARATION OF INTEREST:24. Any of your relatives working at Tipu Associates 1.1. except with the prior written permission of the “British Council” and/or the “Tipu Associates”. Any of your relatives working at British Council.writing. We are sure that you understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruption caused by circumstances beyond our control or any loss or damage or injury or death caused due to any act of terrorism or otherwise. designs. Upon acceptance in writing by the other party of the existence of any such event. You acknowledge that “British Council” and/or “Tipu Associates” are beneficially entitled to all inventions. reports.3.
24. You must also inform “Tipu Associate” through e-mail/telephone call. You are associated with any institute/organization which is related to any exam conducted under supervision of British Council. By accepting any appointment letter. You undertake to notify any change in declaration of interest submitted before start of exam session. or whether operational and business interests may be affected.
. You are appearing in exam conducted under supervision of British Council 1.
25.6. 25. You must read and sign the child protection declaration before accepting any appointment. CHILD PROTECTION DECLARATION:26. If useful measures for environmental protection are possible. 26. As long as operational and business interests are not affected.1. Measures that follow this principle include the following: workplace computers and other electronic devices should be switched off (or as per policy of the “British Council”) at the end of the working day and switched directly to the stand-by mode (or as per policy of the Council) during midday breaks and meetings.1.2. Paper consumption should be reduced by printing on both sides (or as per policy of the “British Council”) and waste should be separated.3. a decision by the line manager should be solicited. if you see any of your relative is appearing as candidate in exam. avoiding waste and using recyclable materials. you undertake to abide by the Code of Conduct of the British Council.4. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION:22.214.171.124. By accepting any appointment letter. DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION:27. CODE OF CONDUCT 28. and if there is any doubt concerning related expenditure. 24. you acknowledge that you have read and will abide by the Global Child Protection Policy of the British Council. By accepting any appointment letter.1.2.2. 26. You undertake to inform “Tipu Associates” in case either you or any of your relatives is appearing in any exam held under supervision of “British Council”. you shall perform all available measures for saving energy.
Acceptance of any appointment and/or attending any duty shall be construed acceptance of these TORs by you.
. ACCEPTANCE: 29.1.29.