This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
By Sankalp Suman Chandel, b070465ar ; s9, b.arch
• • • • • • • • • • • Introduction Aim Objective Relevance of the topic Methodology Scope and limitations Resorts Characteristic features Classification Different types of resort Hotels Characteristic features Classification Different types of hotels Analysis and conclusion
So hospitality implies compensation and equalizing a strange and guide him to next destination.Word hospitality is derived from Latin word “ hopes” meaning stranger. three different types of hospitality buildings. Clubs • A resort is a destination by itself. In a resort one experiences relaxation or recreation. Introduction . Hotel and III. A lodging facilities and is like a home away from home. Resort II. • Whereas club is a place which recluse its user from busy urban routine. The user are frequent and repeated visitors. that is I. • But hotels are more functional buildings.
Introduction . Objectives: • To distinguish between the different buildings for hospitality. • To implement the design strategies in the thesis. Relevance of seminar: • The seminar will help distinguish between different hospitality buildings as well as will guide to develop a better design for the same. • Study the different design strategies involved in each of the buildings to enhance the comfort of its user and to formulate the same.Aim: To study about the different classes of hospitality buildings and to acknowledge the design requirement of each of them.
Methodology Scope and limitation: • The seminar concentrates at the design aspect of the hospitality buildings. • The analysis. Introduction . strategies and conclusion is derived from the study of various secondary sources and are qualitative in nature. the structural elements are not considered.
Characteristics features • Psychological fulfillment more than physical comfort • timeless attribute of spacenature quickly associable Characteristics features • A destination in itself. Freedom than confinement 2. uniqueness and often oddity are quality for the resorts • Visitor looks for 1. Informality rather than rigidity 3. • Contains the necessary guest attraction capabilities • Guest should feel “being special” • Exoticity. Rustic rather than regular Resorts .
beach etc. View of The park Hyatt resort and spa. service and amenities view of Sentosa Integrated Resort .Classification of resorts On the basis of their facilities and services 1) Integrated Resorts Every possible facility.Singapore 2) Town Resorts specific attraction location hill stations. . 4 view of the Mirihi island resort Maldives Resorts 3) Retreat Resorts Located in remote areas for isolated vacation environment. Goa figure 2. Like small island etc.
Holiday Centers. • • • Holiday resort. banasura DeviGarh Fort Resort in Udaipur. facilities and nature.Classification of resorts On the basis of their design features. Wildlife centers. simla Wildlife resort. A health resort in Kerala Ski resort. south africa Sports Centers. 2) Special historic and cultural centers 3) Other sectors • Man made attraction • Centers of education Resorts Walt Disney World Resort . 1) National attractions• Health Centers .
• Exploit the prevailing condition to the fullest • Use of large fenestration and viewing deck • Emphasize on the external environment Lake view Holiday resort resort.Holiday resorts: • Destination by virtue of its scenic beauty • Infrastructure kept minimum as compare to the site • Emphasize on the context/nature. at uttarkashi ooty emphasize on the external environment Use of large fenestration. Viewing deck etc. Resorts National attractions .
Planning for integration with exterior environment • seamlessly flows of nature into the cottages • Mimicking external environment • space acts like an heavenly transition space between the external environment. Resorts National attractions .
Skiing resort: • locate themselves at the slope or foot of the mountain • ski-in and ski-out access right from their door • first aid facility and ski patrol • analytical planningto gain vertical drops and ski lifts and different user like beginners. golf etc. watersports. aero sports. beach sports. intermediate and the professionals Resorts National attractions .Sports resorts: • Developed for various sports like skiing.
meditation center and the walk paths to gain maximum view. • Positioning of yoga center. rehabilitation from any bad habits. • Traditional/ local and western method of treatment. • Encourage guests to take part in various sports and communal gathering.Health resorts and spa: • Health care facility and a resort • In search of spiritualism. • Use of traditional and vernacular architecture. calmness. Resorts National attractions .
• Panoramic view from distant position. forest & nature. to stay deep inside forest close to wildlife. • Ambience of the forest living . • Camping and camp firing facility • Tent living or the tree house. • Ecotourism & semi permanent • No disturbing wildlife. wildlife lovers.Wildlife resort: Resorts National attractions • Remote location wildlife sanctuary or inside a national park • For tourist.
history. Resorts Special historic and cultural resorts . and culture of existing building. culture of certain place or the family habituating • To respect pre-existing architecture • Harmony with the existing material • Proper representation of character.Special historic and cultural resorts • Destination for Old heritage and culture • Showcases the history.
1. Hotels . 2. 4.Types of hotels From architectural. functional perspective different type of hotel: • City/downtown/commercial hotel • Suburban hotels • Airport hotels • Resort hotels • Heritage Hotels • Boutique hotels Characteristics features of hotels • • • • Hotel is a home away from home Comfort and convenience Very functional places Functional efficiency Classification of hotels • • • • • • A Location based Form of ownership Facilities Boating Type of client Standard Star rating eg. 5 stars hotel may fit into more than one category. 3.
iconic image • Contemporary expression. • The tall structure-city view. conferences. board rooms Open air theater. • Suites located at highest level.City/business/commercial hotel • Located at heart of the urban settlement • Facilitate official & business tourists • Conventional hotels which can hosting mega business event. publicity. Hotels . performance etc • Banquet hall. auditorium and conference halls.
dairy farm. • Away from the urban settlement • Countryside places like vineyard. basic need to be satisfied in case of a motels. agricultural land etc • Celebrate existing rich local heritage • Renovated farm house to a hotel facility • Interiors in contemporary style Hotels . race course. wine center.Countryside hotels: • Short stay.
Airport hotels: • Similarity from the business class hotel closer to airport • Should create good impression of the city • Iconic structure • Serves to the flight staff • Views of the runway and flight taking off • Contemporary style of architecture and interior Hotels .
service. • services in a comfortable. lounge. and bar.Boutique hotels: • primary feature are exotic. and visually spectacular decorations. Hotels . • Themes are applied and might vary from room to room. intimate. an exceptional theme. and welcoming setting • Entertainment in boutique hotels is an important dynamic. • Boutique hotels are entertainment in its own nature: a hip restaurant. architecture and design.
cottages. Hotels . • Capturing views. • Stepped profile • Generally follows traditional architectural style.Business resorts: • Located in resort city. conventional facility. • A hybrid of hotel cum resort • Provides facility of rooms. • These are bigger and imposing buildings with major facility inside.
as water or the light. and society as spontaneous activity and people to people chemistry. as landscape.Characteristics features • Recluse from the busy urban routine • Repeatedly visited • To be with nature and fellow human beings • Facility that you personally wish to avail in daily/weekly routine • Singular theme could not satisfy multiple demands • Nature as outdoors. Clubs .
• Vertical transport system and the reception should be in visual contact to waiting. • Very high space makes people lost. waiting and the reception area are lavishly decorated in urban hotels. . or may have atrium or courtyard.Analysis & conclusion Waiting & lobby • lobby. • space with high roof level. • High space can be treated with visual and lighting elements like chandelier. • Use of landscape in atrium and courtyard makes space live & enhances aesthetics of the space.
plantations.Waiting & lobby • In case of resorts external view should be emphasize. • Lavish decoration not required. view deck and local traditional style of interiors. • The lobby should relate itself to context by use of water bodies. Analysis & conclusion .
Connecting space • Important in resort context • Use of landscape to enhance aesthetics of connecting space. • Landscape relate itself with existing context. • Use of natural material responds to context Analysis & conclusion .
a dining and a balcony • lifts are dedicated to deluxe suites or the suite rooms. Analysis & conclusion . • Open plan in case of cottages. • Room consist of living area a small pantry and a toilet.Rooms and cottages • Integration of cottage with exterior. • Deluxe suite the requirement may extend to a living. • One can go for different theme to the room.
Rooms and cottages • Opportunity to experience nature at the meditation center. • Heavenly feeling • By water and greenery Analysis & conclusion .
Thank you .