This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
SUMMER PROJECT REPORT
For the partial fulfillment of award of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM: 2008-2010)
Under guidance of:
MR. NITIN KHANDELWAL
Submitted by: DEBENDU NAG
BALAJI INSTITUTE OF TELECOM & MANAGEMENT TATHWADE, OFF MUMBAI-BANGLORE BY PASS PUNE – 411033
I, Mr. DEBENDU NAG, hereby declare that this project is the record of authentic work carried out by me during the academic year 2008 – 2010 and
have not been leaked to any organization or institute for any favour, whatsoever. And in the future also I promise to keep the integrity of the data and report intact while submitting it to the college.
Signature Debendu Nag
It has been a proud privilege for me to get an opportunity to do the summer project at Nilkamal-BITO Storage systems Pvt. Ltd. Pune. It has been my first corporate exposure and the experience has been enriching and exciting.
I take this opportunity to record a deep sense of gratitude to Mr. Nitin Khandelwal (Asst. Manager Marketing), whose kind supervision, keen interest and valuable suggestions went all the way in successful completion of this work.. I also extend my special thanks to Mr. Unmesh Matapurkar (Asst. Manager Sales), for his guidance and co-operation at different stages in the accomplishment of the project. I show my gratitude towards the placement officer, B.I.T.M. Pune and all the placement team members who worked hard to get me this project. I would also like to express my sincere gratitude to the CEO of Nilkamal-BITO Storage systems Pvt Ltd.Mr. Karl Freedman, who took out time for us and gave us an opportunity to present our findings to him. Lastly, I thank my family and all my friends who have been a great source of inspiration and encouragement throughout.
Summer training cum project is the integral part of Management Course. Theoretical knowledge only provides basic concept about the study. It doesn’t guarantee success in tackling problems. But this training gives practical exposure to the study. Further the market condition in India has changed tremendously these days due to liberalization in economy, which leads to growth in the market size, completely in business, increasing awareness of people and volatile behavior of consumer. It is from here we learn our flaws before actually starting the work. It adds to knowledge and better understanding of organization. This project has greatly helped me in giving shape to my different efforts of understanding the practice of marketing. The sweet and sore experiences are attempts to give me an initial exposure in the practical field. Perhaps I had no qualification and idea to present such type of report but I tried to do my best to prepare it. When I started to write this project I felt, it needs capacity and experience to do this work than I have. But taking it as a challenge, I decided to do it. For me presenting this report is like a voyage. It is only the blessings of my honorable teachers and elders by whom I inspired to complete this project work.
Nilkamal-is the world leader in the field of injection moulding furniture and a key player in the material handling industry & storage system provider. Nilkamal Bito storage system Pvt. Ltd. Is a company having 50-50% joint venture between Nilkamal India and BITO Germany .
The main objectives to carry out the research was :
To increase the sales & awareness level of Nilkamal-BITO products in
the industrial arena.
To know the market share.
Research was also focused on finding out the customers buying behaviour and new prospects in the market.
Scope of study : The survey covers only regions in and around Pune. The survey covers small and big companies:1) Logistics companies 2) Pharma companies 3) Engineering companies The survey is likely to influence the following information:1) Factors influencing purchase of product. 2) Problems faced by customers.
3) Criteria adopted for re-purchase. After knowing the objective and scope of study the survey was conducted and a structured questionnaire was prepared on which the responses where taken and later a proper detailed study was done so as to figured out the major hurdles that company facing.
Major findings :
Awareness of Nilkamal is 100% but the awareness of NBSS is minimal
Clients are more concerned about the price and quality.
The concentration of NBSS is more over the industrial and institutional
customers rather than local upcoming retail market, like sweet shops, stationary shops, etc for USS & BSS.
Once the customer purchase from a specific vendor, it is difficult to
switch over to another vendor, because of technical specifications.
Nilkamal plastics brand over-shadow the image of NBSS metal
Most of the clients are looking forward to have a complete solution. New warehouses on the up front.
Major competitors are Godrej, Indo-built, local players.
After identifying major findings then I gave recommendation on how to increase awareness , reduce prices & what actions to be taken in future.
In this project I came to know that Nilkamal is the market leader in branded plastics crates and bins but there are a lot of scopes for enhancing their market share. where as in the storage systems segment they need to work a lot in building their brand reputation because they are very new to this sector. Fighting against established brands like Godrej, Indo-built and local players would prove to be tough but with their brand strength they can always succeed.
1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10)
Ventures of Nilkamal. Company Profile Products offered Objective of Project. Scope of study. Methodology adopted. Chief statistics. Questionnaire Chief findings. Upcoming new prospects Major hurdles for company. Methods to launch new products Recommendations to increase awareness.
08 09-15 16-22 23 24 25 26-28 29-30 31-32 33-34 35 36-37 38-39 40 41-42
10) 11) 12) 13) 14)
Recommendations to control and reduce prices. Future recommendations.
VENTURES OF NILKAMAL
Nilkamal Ltd. (crates, bins, pallets, MHE).
Nilkamal-BITO storage systems Pvt. Ltd.
Nilkamal @ home (furniture division).
Nilkamal BITO Storage Systems Pvt. Ltd. (NBSS) is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Nilkamal Ltd. and BITO Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH set up to manufacture and distribute German designed steel storage systems. NBSS is steadily growing to cater to the increasing material handling and quick retrieving requirements generated by manufacturing and warehousing processes. NBSS’ plant is located in North India and is equipped with state of the art machinery imported from Europe. Components are made from prime quality steel conforming to DIN standards procured directly from reputed steel manufacturers. The PLC integrated “Punching- Roll Forming - Cutting” line and automated Powder Coating line ensure quality-engineered products. NBSS’ wide product range consists of both static and dynamic storage systems, thereby allowing solutions to be tailored to customers’ exact process requirements. NBSS also markets and services automated vertical storage systems in India on behalf of Germany based Hanel Büro- und Lager system. NILKAMAL Ltd was founded in 1985 and is an ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 company. Nilkamal is one of the largest manufacturers of plastic crates and bins in India and a key player in the Indian Material Handling industry. In
addition to crates and bins, Nilkamal’s product range includes pallets and material handling equipment. All of these together with NBSS’ steel storage systems make Nilkamal a one stop shop for all material handling needs. BITO is a leading manufacturer and distributor of storage systems in Europe and brings its product expertise, technical know-how and experience to NBSS. Founded in 1845 inGermany, BITO is an internationally operating company specialising in storage and order picking systems and has installations all across the globe.
NILKAMAL LIMITED is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange since 1991. Nilkamal’s (FY 0809) turnover exceeds INR.1000 crores/US$.200 million. Nilkamal is in 4 Key Businesses: • Material Handling Crates, Containers and Bins. • Moulded Furniture such as Chairs, Tables and Cabinets. • Custom Mouldings & OEM supplies for specific Customers. • @home, the Mega Home Store Retail Chain. The Company has 7 large manufacturing plants in India: • North – Samba (Jammu & Kashmir) and Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh) • South – Pondicherry (Union Territory) • East - Barjora (West Bengal) • West - Sinnar, Nashik (Maharashtra) and Silvassa (Union Territoryof Dadra & Nagar Haveli) (2 plants). The Company has advanced machinery in Injection Moulding, Rotational Moulding, Vaccum Forming, Polyurethane Injection (of insulation) and capabilities for SMC and Blow Moulding. Each of these plants have dedicated
Tool Rooms. The Company has Joint Ventures in Sri Lanka, near Colombo and in Bangladesh, near Dhaka. Both these Companies are Leaders in respective markets for Moulded Furniture. The Company also has a Joint Venture with Bito Lagertechnik Bittman GmbH for the manufacture of Material Handling and Storage Systems in Metal, with a manufacturing plant at Samba, Jammu & Kashmir. All the manufacturing plants are ISO 9001/2000 Certified and practice 6 Sigma manufacturing process. This extensive manufacturing infrastructure is ably supported by our wide and strong sales network, operating through 45 Regional Offices and 33 Warehouses spread across India.
Nilkamal has exclusive tie ups with: Hanel Buro-Und Lagersystems, Germany for Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems. • ConTEyor Multibag Systems NV of Belgium for manufacture of Textile Partitions for Crates and Metal Racks to provide valuable in-transit protection for scratch sensitive products. • Plastic Omnium Systems Urbains, France, for supply of their International Standard Waste Bins of all sizes conforming to EN/DIN Standards. • CAMBRO Manufacturing Company, USA for Hospitality Products suited for large Restaurants and Hotels. All the Nilkamal plants, warehouses and offices are connected to the Head Office in real time by ERP, SAP-R3.
In material handling, Nilkamal is a "One Stop Shop For Material Handling Solutions" and offers a comprehensive product mix comprising of Material
Handling Equipment ranging from Pallet Trucks to Stackers, Forklifts and all equipment required for the logistics industry which is growing at a rapid pace in India. Nilkamal's quality is widely accepted internationally and we have an office in Ajman, UAE to cater to the Middle Eastern Markets. We also export to most major markets in Europe and Americas which are known for being sticklers for quality. The Company's New Venture @home, the Mega Home Retail Chain is recognized as a pioneer and leader in this category in India. Each of the @home Store has an area between 10000 to 28000 sft. located in prime 9 cities of India (March 2009).
BITO-Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH
BITO, with a turnover of US $125 million, is an internationally operating company specializing in storage systems and order picking systems. With a staff of more than 500 and on a plant surface of 131,000 square metres at two locations in Germany, BITO manufactures a customer-oriented and innovative product range meeting highest user demands. The BITO product range includes
static and dynamic storage systems, plastics bins and containers and workshop equipment.
Moreover, BITO assumes all the project related tasks from layout planning to project management to assembly and after-sales service-whether of complex facilties combinig different storage and order picking systems or of automated installations for bin and tray storage.
BITO products are manufactured with the latest state-of-the-art machines. All products as well as the entire organizational structures at BITO comply with the requirements of DINO EN ISO 9001.
Nilkamal BITO Storage Systems Pvt. Ltd. (NBSS) is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Nilkamal Ltd. and BITO Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH set up to manufacture and distribute German designed steel storage systems. NBSS is steadily growing to cater to the increasing material handling and quick retrieving requirements generated by manufacturing and warehousing processes.
NBSS’ plant is located in North India and is equipped with state of the art machinery imported from Europe. Components are made from prime quality steel conforming to DIN standards procured directly from reputed steel manufacturers. The PLC integrated “Punching- Roll Forming - Cutting” line and automated Powder Coating line ensure quality-engineered products.
NBSS’ wide product range consists of both static and dynamic storage systems, thereby allowing solutions to be tailored to customers’ exact process requirements. NBSS also markets and services automated vertical storage systems in India on behalf of Germany based Hanel Büro- und Lagersysteme.
NILKAMAL Ltd was founded in 1985 and is an ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 company. Nilkamal is one of the largest manufacturers of plastic crates and bins in India and a key player in the Indian Material Handling industry.
In addition to crates and bins, Nilkamal’s product range includes pallets and material handling equipment. All of these together with NBSS’ steel storage systems make Nilkamal a one stop shop for all material handling needs.
BITO is a leading manufacturer and distributor of storage systems in Europe and brings its product expertise, technical know-how and experience to NBSS. Founded in 1845 in Germany, BITO is an internationally operating company specialising in storage and order picking systems and has installations all across the globe
Manufacturing and Installation capability
Plant area spread over 8000 square meter. Plant with an 15000 tons installed capacity. Roll formers imported from Europe to ensure evenly rolled profiles. Precision tooling from Germany to ensure best finish of components. Automated Powder coating line with capacity to coat any single component up to 9000 mm length.
Static systems Universal systems Boltless systems Pallet storage systems
Dynamic systems Drive-in systems Multi-tier storage systems Mobile storage systems
Cantilever storage systems Carton live storage systems Workbenches Pallet live storage systems
Automated storage systems Automated Bin and Tray storage systems
The above mentioned NBSS-boltless shelving systems offer the following advantages to you:
only 3 basic components:
Frames: • Easy and fast boltless assembly • foot plates pre-assembled
Stiffening beams: • insertion of the beams into the perforations in the uprights
panels: • boltless insertion with shelf clips in increments of 25 mm • short sides are double bended for safety • long sides are triple bended for safety • galvanized for long life
_ functional accessories easy to assemble _ very fast and boltless assembly
_ very short installation times.
Technical Specifications of Pallet Storage System 1. Steel procured from ISPAT India Ltd. 2. Material of construction: EN10025 – S235JR HR P&O 3. All racking components comply with the latest German safety relation to FEM standard. 4. The concrete of the floor will not have magnesite as a component to avoid the chemical reaction with the base plates, which will be galvanized. regulation in
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
1) To increase the sales & awareness level of Nilkamal-BITO products in the industrial arena.
2) To know the market share of Nilkamal-BITO products in and around Pune
3) To know customers buying behavior in buying a industrial product and making a re-purchase
4) To find out new prospects in the market for Nilkamal-BITO products.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The survey covers only regions in and around Pune.
The survey covers small and big companies:a) Logistics companies b) Pharma companies c) Engineering companies d) Auto-ancillaries e) Food and Beverages/Hotels
The survey is likely to influence the following information:a) Factors influencing purchase of product. b) Problems faced by customers. c) Criteria adopted for re-purchase
METHODOLOGY FIELD WORK PLAN
1) The first thing that I had done was to know the product specification in detail, for which I was going to do the survey.
2) Next step was to design a questionnaire.
3) Now I took appointments and went to the industries for filling up the
4) Finally after collection data from different MIDC areas, I analysed and
gave recommendations to the company.
DATA COLLECTION METHOD
1) Personally met the purchase or store manager. 2) Sending of questionnaires through mail.
Number of industries covered: 246
Number of industries met personally: 119
Moshi – Kuruli
SOME STATISTICS Fig 1:-awareness level of NBSS CUSTOMER’S RESPONSE
Fig 2:- % to whom met personally
% OF PEOPLE WHO DID NOT RESPOND
Fig 3:- break-up of the people unable to met in different sectors
MARKET RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE FOR SUMMER TRAINEES
1) Name of Customer……………………………………………………………………… 2) Address of Customer………………………………………………………………………... ………………………………………………………………………… 3) Type of Industrya) Logistics-…… b) Pharmaceuticals-….. c) Engineering-…..
d) Others………………………………………………………………………… 4) Contact Person & Designation………………………………………………………………..
Place Locations:…………………………………………………………………………… …………………. 6) Any sister concern- a) yes b) no
7) If yes, then provide details………………………………………………………………………………… … .. …………………………………………………………………………………
8) Number of persons in project department-………………………………..
9) Awareness of NBSS Product- a) yes
10) Is Customer using storage system currently?- a) yes
If yes then the name of supplier & system type? ………………………………………………………………………… …………………………. 12) Presently Using- a) USS b) BSS c) MTPSS d) CANTILEVER e) MOBILE
13) If yes, then fill the technical sheet—
14) Any other requirement…………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………… ………
15) Future expansion plans-
16) If yes, please specify……………………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………………… …
17) Is customer currently using NBSS Storage Systems currently? a) yes b) no
18) If yes, then please provide feedback about Quality & Service-…… …………………………………………………………………………
19) Customer buying habitc) dail a helpe) others-
a) yellow pagesd) newspapersplease specify
20) Factors influencing customer decisionb) brand name c) price
a) quality d) others
21) Customers view about vendor loyalty………………………………………………………………………………… …
22) Customers habit for repeat ordersa) trying for new vendor even if satisfied with existing one-…… b) going with existing vendor-………
Awareness of Nilkamal as a company dealing in plastics is 100% but the awareness of NBSS dealing in galvanized steel storage systems is minimal viz 4-5% Clients are more concerned about the price and quality rather than the brand of the product. They argue that as long it is serving the purpose of storage they are just fine with anything that is available.
The concentration of NBSS is more over the industrial and institutional customers rather than local upcoming retail market, like sweet shops, stationary shops, etc for USS & BSS.
Once the customer purchase from a specific vendor, it is difficult to switch over to another vendor, because of technical specifications. All the companies have different technical specifications of their intralogistics storage systems
Nilkamal plastics brand over-shadow the image of NBSS metal products. The name Nilkamal signified only plastics to everyone. As soon as people hear the name, the first impression is that they are making pallets and storage systems of plastics.
Most of the clientele is looking forward to have a complete solution. By complete solution, they mean that they will show us the area where the storage system is to be installed. Then they expect the NBSS to provide them with them with an installation that would fetch them maximum profits.
New warehouses on the up front. In and around Pune, many new warehouses are coming up. The NBSS sales team could keep track of all the newly built warehouses and promote the NBSS products there.
Major competitors are Godrej, Indo-built, local players. Godrej has been in this business for the past three decades. So it has a strong loyal clientele base. It also has many tie-ups with leading logistics providers eg. TVS-Logistics.
UPCOMING NEW PROSPECTS
1) DIESL warehouse ( a TATA group enterprise) Location:- Fursungi, Pune 2) Sur-Tec chemicals India Pvt. Ltd Location :- Pune-Nagar Road 3) National logistics Location:4) Asian motor works. Location:- Wagholi, Pune 5) Vardhman yarns & thread Ltd. Location:- Wagholi, Pune 6) ACSI ( TATA group). Location:7) Mani pharma & logistics. Location:8) Nulife pharmaceuticals Location:- Pimpri, Pune.
Fig 4:- market potential of Pune market for the products of NBSS
Fig 5:- sector wise market share of each player in storage sector
1)Howto increase the sales and awareness of our products on a long time
basis?The major issue of concern for the company was to increase the awareness of the product. Being a new product in the market the awareness level of the product was very less as compared to its chief competitors. Another point of concern was to increase of NBSS product sale for a long time basis. How could they make their customer loyal to them for re-purchase? They were able to make a one time purchase but they failed to convert it to a long term relation with the customer.
2)Where actions could be taken to control and reduce the prices?Their plant was located at Samba, Jammu, which is the northern most point of the country. So the products had to make a long journey before they could reach the customer. So they required to look into their logistics so that suitable measures could be taken to reduce the transportation cost.
3)What decisions should be taken in the future?-
METHODS TO LAUNCH A NEW PRODUCT
1. Study your competition--Many business marketing classes teach participants how to perform a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis. You have to start by taking a serious look at your competitors. Make a list of the businesses that offer products or services similar to the one you plan to launch. Even if you think your new product or service is entirely unique and without existing competition, it's important to put yourself in your prospective customers' shoes and imagine what they might buy in lieu of what you plan to offer. Once you decide whom your competitors will be, review their marketing materials, including their ads, brochures and websites. Evaluate how your new product or service will stand up against what's already being offered, in what ways you'll excel, and which companies or their offerings pose the greatest threats to your success. 2. Target the ideal customer--To successfully launch your new product or service with minimum financial outlay, it's essential to focus exclusively on the prospects you believe are most likely to purchase from you. These may be customers who are currently buying something similar and will appreciate the additional features your new product or service provides. Your best prospects have a perceived need for what you offer, can afford to buy it and have demonstrated a willingness to do so--probably by purchasing from your competition. Bear in mind, it's always easier to fill a need than to create one. 3. Create a unique value proposition--At this stage, you should have a clear understanding of what you must offer in order to stand apart from your
competition and who will want to take advantage of your offer. But do you know why customers will want to buy from you vs. the vast field of competitors out there? What benefits and features will you provide that your prospective customers will value most? The bottom line is that your product or service "bundle" should be unique and meet the needs and desires of your best prospects.
4. Define your marketing strategy and tactics--Next, choose your sales and marketing channels. Will you market online, via catalog or through dealers, for example? Generally, multichannel marketers achieve the greatest success because customers who can shop when and however they like tend to spend more and shop more often. Suppose your strategy is to market a low-cost workout device to people who can't afford gym memberships or high-priced home equipment. You might choose traditional direct marketing plus online sales as your primary channels, and employ tactics including direct-response TV spots and online ads and e-mail solicitations that link to your website. 5. Test your concept and marketing approach--With all the money it takes to bring a new product or service to market, it's foolhardy to rush headlong into the launch phase prior to testing. What should you test? It's best to examine your product or service bundle plus your marketing message and you're your marketing materials. Depending on what you plan to market and your budget, you can use formal focus groups (or simply host roundtable discussions with members of the target audience), employ online research or mall intercept studies, or distribute your product to a select group of users for testing. Only after testing is complete, should you proceed to the final creation of your marketing tools and materials. 6. Roll out your campaign--Public relations often plays a vital role in the launch of a product or service. You can use media relations tactics to place articles and win interviews, get coverage by allowing key press to review your product, hold a launch event, or use grass roots marketing to build buzz. But no matter what publicity route you choose, first make sure your product or service is completely ready and available for purchase in order to maximize returns
from the coverage you receive. And your other marketing efforts should follow closely on the heels of your press roll out. Monitor the results from all media, and in the first weeks and months, be prepared to adjust your campaign to take advantage of what's working best. 7. Know your product's life cycle--The campaign you use during the introduction and education phase of your product or service launch will need to be updated as your product or service matures. If you're monitoring your marketing results carefully, you'll begin to see diminishing returns that will indicate when it's time to revise the product or service itself, alter your media message, or even phase out this particular offering and lay the groundwork for the launch of your next great idea
RECOMMENDATIONS TO INCREASE AWARENESS
1) Cold calls Cold calls is the most fundamental way to reach out to your customers. One can make follow ups using cold-calls to make the new prospects aware of the products.
2) Mails of catalogues to be sent periodically to the customers
NBSS can send catalogues to it’s customers to remind them continuously of their existence in the market. A one time reminder would not be sufficient to keep the product in the mind of the concerned customer. So repeated reminders through catalogues would help them much.
3) Stalls at business-expo with miniature models48
NBSS can put up counters at different business-expos which would help them to increase the awareness level of the product. They could display miniature models of their products.
Put advertisement on the buses that ply on the MIDC roadsNBSS can put up advertisements on the buses that ply regularly on the MIDC roads. This way they can increase their awareness level as at least once the people working in the MIDC would come across the busses regularly.
Try to increase the follow-up frequency and provide better after sales serviceNBSS should provide proper follow-up frequently. They should regularly keep in touch with their customers and take feedback of proper working of the storage systems.
6) Give the manager a token of appreciation after the deal is closedThe manager, who is dealing with the company, after completion of the deal should be provided with a token of appreciation. It can be some gift or some shopping vouchers etc.
7) Articles in leading newspapers and industrial magazinesArticles with the product pictures and specifications should be printed in the first page or the last page of
the industrial magazines. If the articles are given in the middle pages, there is utmost chance that it would go un-noticed.
8) Make a corporate videoA corporate video should be also made. It should show all the products review along with their advantages in a video form. Generally a person is attracted towards video as they do not have much time to go through long articles.
9) Send mailsto all the customers to the database with a gap of 2-3 months for 1 yearAll the customers should be send reminder mails in the span of 2-3 months for at least a year. It would keep the product in their mind while making the next order.
NBSS product should be reflected in customers mind time to time by our other division representativesThe products of NBSS should also be promoted by other sales executives of other departments of Nilkamal. For example, their plastics division has a strong hold in the market. So the sales people of plastics division should promote the NBSS products in conversation with their clients. 11) Make a brand of itselfNBSS should make a brand of itself. It should be such that even if a small thing is associated with the name NBSS it, people should have the faith in the product. For example, the TATA’s as a brand have trust associated to them. Such should be the impact of the brand.
12)At @home, create small section for complete group@Home is the furniture division of Nilkamal group. They have show rooms of large areas, mostly targeted at the high end customers. So NBSS can put up kiosks that have their products on display. Managers of other companies visiting the shop could have a view of the products, and thereby can recommend them as and when the requirement arises.
RECOMMENDATION TO CONTROL AND REDUCE PRICE
1) Sales potential should be properly estimatedSales potential should be properly estimated. Any rough potential should not be kept at random that becomes tough to achieve at the end of the day. 2) Keep on analyzing competitors prices at various places & try to match up to themThe competitors should be kept an eye on. Specially the prices should be matched at every stage and at various places. 3) Proper analysis of product flow right from Jammu plant to customer’s plant.(inventory management, transportation, network design, etc). 4) Implementation of poke-yoke, kaizen & 5-S for investments & expenditures reducing
1) Transform the USS for retail sectorThe Universal Storage System is chiefly targeted at offices, schools. It is recommend that it can also be targeted at retail outlets like kirana shops.
2) Targetthe colourful USS/Drawer type storage chiefly for school, offices, retailers, hotels,etcWith some modifications in the USS as making the USS more colourful, it can be targeted towards kid’s rooms, schools. It can also be compartmentalized to convert it to drawers.
4)Nilkamal BITO should provide complete solution to their clients52
Clients ask for complete solution to reduce their storage costs. In future they should provide complete solution right form spacing to installation.
5) Try to hit on new projects for more present & future businessThe reason is because if any customer loyal to us then they give us repeat purchases from time to time. So they should keep track of new projects for new business.
6) Marketing plans should be properly implemented because our products are new to the marketAs the products are new to the market, hence marketing plans should be properly taken and executed. The strategies should be properly devised.
7)Should built their own ware-housesNBSS should make their own warehouses as building a ware house is a one time investment. They have their own storage systems which can be installed at their warehouses. Then they can put the ware houses on rent and would recover the money as well as the cost of the storage systems.
8) Tell the managers to keep on updating latest news in industrial as well
as institutional fieldAll the managers should be on alert and updated on the latest news in the industrial arena. They should concentrate more on building up on their contacts. They should also have good customer relations. They
should also look at all other prospects for selling their products as in retail sector, school etc..
So, hereby I would like to conclude by saying that it was a great experience doing this project. It was a great experience practically experiencing what we had learnt till now. In this project I came to conclusion that Nilkamal is the market leader in branded plastics crates and bins but there are a lot of scopes for enhancing their market share. Whereas in the storage systems segment they need to work a lot in building their brand reputation because they are very new to this sector. Fighting against established brands like Godrej, Indo-built and local players would prove to be tough but with their brand strength they can always succeed.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.