You are on page 1of 6

Standard normal distribution table

Do not type or enter data in this area ! ! upper tail lower tail 2-tail central probability probability probability probability 0.05% 0.05% 0.1% 99.9% 0.5% 0.5% 1.0% 99.0% 1.0% 1.0% 2.0% 98.0% 2.5% 2.5% 5.0% 95.0% 5.0% 5.0% 10.0% 90.0% 7.5% 7.5% 15.0% 85.0% 10.0% 10.0% 20.0% 80.0% 15.0% 15.0% 30.0% 70.0% 20.0% 20.0% 40.0% 60.0% 25.0% 25.0% 50.0% 50.0%

value of z 3.29 2.58 2.33 1.96 1.64 1.44 1.28 1.04 0.84 0.67

IF YOU KNOW THE PROBABILITY, ENTER IT HERE Enter probabilities here: upper tail probability lower tail probability 2-tail probability central probability 1.0% 1.0% 5.0% 95.0% +

value of z 2.33 2.33 1.96 1.96

Prepared by William Lepowsky for the Laney College Math Department

INSTRUCTIONS: Enter values in the red outlined boxes that look like this: Do NOT enter values in the purple boxes that look like this:

IF YOU KNOW THE VALUE OF Z, ENTER IT HERE Enter the value of z here: 3 upper tail probability (to the right of z) 0.1% 2-tail probability 0.3% central probability (from z to z) 99.7%

Here are more detailed values of the probabilities: 0.134989803% 0.269979606% 99.73002039%

Student's t-distribution table


Enter the number of degrees of freedom here: Do not type or enter data in this area ! ! upper tail lower tail 2-tail central probability probability probability probability 0.05% 0.05% 0.1% 99.9% 0.5% 0.5% 1.0% 99.0% 1.0% 1.0% 2.0% 98.0% 2.5% 2.5% 5.0% 95.0% 5.0% 5.0% 10.0% 90.0% 7.5% 7.5% 15.0% 85.0% 10.0% 10.0% 20.0% 80.0% 15.0% 15.0% 30.0% 70.0% 20.0% 20.0% 40.0% 60.0% 25.0% 25.0% 50.0% 50.0% 15 = d.f.

value of the t-statistic 4.07 2.95 2.60 2.13 1.75 1.52 1.34 1.07 0.87 0.69

IF YOU KNOW THE PROBABILITY, ENTER IT HERE Enter probabilities here: upper tail probability lower tail probability 2-tail probability central probability 6.0% 2.0% 1.3% 99.0% + value of the t-statistic 1.65 2.25 2.82 2.95

Prepared by William Lepowsky for the Laney College Math Department

Thank you for entering the number of degrees of freedom INSTRUCTIONS: Enter values in the red outlined boxes that look like this: Do NOT enter values in the purple boxes that look like this:

IF YOU KNOW THE VALUE OF THE T-STATISTIC, ENTER IT HERE Enter the value of the t-statistic here: -3.1 lower tail probability (to the left of t) 0.4% central probability (from t to t) 99.3%

2-tail probability 0.7%

Here are more detailed values of the probabilities: 0.365861529% 0.731723057% 99.26827694%

Chi-square distribution table


Enter the number of degrees of freedom here: 6 = d.f.

Do not type or enter data in this area ! ! value of the upper tail chi-square probability statistic 22.46 0.1% 18.55 0.5% 16.81 1.0% 14.45 2.5% 12.59 5.0% 10.64 10.0% 9.45 15.0% 8.56 20.0% 7.84 25.0%

INSTRUCTIONS:

Enter values in the red outlined

Do NOT enter values in the purp

IF YOU KNOW THE PROBABILITY, ENTER IT HERE Enter the upper tail probability here: 10.0% value of the chi-square statistic 10.64

IF YOU KNOW THE VALUE OF T Enter the value of the chisquare statistic here: 16.75

Prepared by William Lepowsky for the Laney College Math Department

Thank you for entering the number of degrees of freedom

alues in the red outlined boxes that look like this: enter values in the purple boxes that look like this:

KNOW THE VALUE OF THE CHI-SQUARE STATISTIC, ENTER IT HERE

upper tail probability 1.0% Here is a more detailed value of the probability: 1.024730537%