Fill in the blanks with appropriate Prepositions:1. He lives ______ Hyderabad. He lives _______48 Tilak Street.
2. He started ________ six ________ the morning.
3. He hanged himself ________ a piece of cloth.
4. The portrait was painted --- a famous artist who flourished ________the
5. I must start ________ dawn to reach the station in time.
6. I hope to reach the station ________an hour at the outside.
7. The child has been missing ________ yesterday.
8. The caravan must reach its destination ________sunset.
9. The mail train is due ________3 P.M.
10. He travelled thirty kilometers ________two hours.
11. He rushed ________ room, panting for breath.
12. He does not leave his house ________ 9 o'clock.
13. The Express departs ________3 P.M. ________ Delhi.
14. Human sacrifices were practiced ________ the Nagas.
15. I received his message ________ eight o'clock ________ the morning.
Fill the blanks with appropriate Conjunctions:1. Be just________fear not.
2. I ran fast, ________ I missed the train.
3. He fled ________ he was afraid.
4. Make haste,________you will be late.
5. ________ you try, you will not succeed.
6. I am sure ________ he said so.
7. Wait ________ I return.
8. Do not go ________ I come.
9. He finished first ________ he began late.
10. Take care________you fall.
1I. Take a lamp, ________ the night is dark.
12. ________he was ambitious I slew him.
13. Open rebuke is better ________ secret love.
14. ________you eat too much you will be ill.
15. I shall not go ________ I am invited.
taking over. will pass)
4. (begins. I ________ home next Sunday. The plane --. Oh dear! I ________(will sneeze.
3. (move. I ________ into town later on. is beginning)
11. I will phone you when he ________ back. Do you want a lift? (drive. I ________ you one of these days. were
. will be driving)
10.at 3. (will rain. will have
7.30. The train ________ before we reach the station. is looking)
5. (go. I ________ the Joshis this evening. (visit. am visiting)
5. (are playing.Choose the correct or more suitable forms of the verbs to fill in the blanks:1. is going to rain)
6. (passes. moves. (comes. will come)
3. will have taken over)
13. It ________. (see. will arrive)
2. (see. Look at those black clouds. When I get home. (arrives. am going to sneeze)
12. I expect. (start. looking. She ___________ worried about something. (looks. will start)
9. computers ________many of the jobs that people do today. By 2005. have seen. It started to rain while we ___________ tennis. (sent. will
4. (sits. The next term ________on 16th November. am going)
15. (visit. I'm sure she ________the exam. moved)
2. (arrives. Perhaps we ________ Mahabaleshwar next month. I ___________ him only one letter up to now. will be seeing)
Choose the correct verb form from those in brackets:
1. have sent. The earth ___________ round the sun. Unless we ________ now we can't be on time. My friends ___________ the Prime Minister yesterday. will visit)
8. my dog ________ at the gate waiting for me.
had played). He ___________ asleep while he was driving.
15. am hearing. have known. He ___________ a mill in this town.
11. (falls. is having)
10. I'm sure I ___________ him at the party last night. am knowing) '. We ___________. (do. (is driving.
9. (study.playing. fell. has fallen)
been working). have been
studying) . I ___________ him for a long time.English for five years. Don't disturb me. (hear. (worked. (know. have been hearing).
6. had done. am doing) . (have done.
. He ___________ fast when the accident happened. I ___________ a strange noise. is working. (have. He ___________ here for the last five years. drove)
12. am studying. had
seen). has. have seen. I ___________ my homework. He thanked me for what I ___________. did. (saw.