You are on page 1of 3

Travel Abroad 1


Travel Abroad

[name of the writer]

[name of the institution ]

[name of the Professor]


Travel Abroad 2

Travel Abroad

I have planned to visit Italy for so many years, and as a part of that planning I am

thinking about taking the CILS Exam (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera), the

definitive proficiency examination to prove competence in the language, in December at the

Università per Stranieri di Siena. This particular certificate is recognized and endorsed by the

Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and nearly all Italian universities, as a pre-requisite for

admission. Currently I am also considering advanced level proficiency test of Italian from

Torre di Babele, and after passing written and oral exam I am hoping to obtain the "Torre di

Babele" Italian Language Certificate.

I have been a great admirer of Italian Opera and Ballet since my early childhood. I

had always dreamed of becoming a Prima Donna or a Ballerina when I grow up. Besides that

I am also fond of Italian cuisines like Pasta, Spaghetti and Lasagna. And I have always

wished to taste the original Italian Pizza. This decision was greatly inspired by Ms. Lorenzo,

my high school role model, who was also from Italy and had told us wonderful stories about

Italy, its people, their rich history and their culture.

My primary purpose of going to Italy is to obtain a degree in nursing. The idea of

helping the suffering humanity and the deprived ones has appealed me so much that it has

overshadowed my dream of being a Ballerina and now I have decided to become a nurse. I

fulfill all the requirements to be registered as a nursing student there. The requirements are

that the applicants must be at least 18 years old and have passed the school-leaving exam

(maturitá). They must have good physical and mental health and pass a multiple choice entry

exam. The nurse courses are at university degree level. The albi (Rolls/Registers) for nurses

are kept by Colleges of Nurses in each province and are updated each December and

published in February. Registration on the albo allows practice throughout Italy. The

Universities in Italy offer the following types of trainings:
Travel Abroad 3

• Intensive Care Nurses infermiere di area critica

• Elderly Care Nurses infermiere geriatrico

• Psychiatric Nurses infermiere psichiatrico

• Pediatric Nurses infermiere pediatrico

• Public Health Nurses infermiere disanità pubblica

Currently I am seriously considering the faculty of Pediatric Nursing.