This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
IN THE BALKANS
4 Standard þ by Simona Barbu @ July 18,
2014 Ç No Comments
We would like to invite you to participate in the 4th
International Balkan Annual Conference, “Turkey and
Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in
the Balkans” organized by Istanbul University in
Scrie istoria Scrie istoria
Call for Call for
Papers “Ius Papers “Ius
Despre noi » Admitere 2014 Programe »
Şcoala Doctorală Cercetare » Studenți »
Ani de studiu » Evenimente
Page 1 of 5 #cfp Turkey and Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in the Balkans | ...
collaboration with The University of Bucharest in
Bucharest, Romania between 15 and 18 October 2014.
The goals of the IBAC conference series are to bring
together the scholars who study various aspects of
Balkans broadening cooperation and interaction among
them, and to establish a room to discuss the region’s past
and future from different perspectives. As happened in the
first three IBAC Conferences held respectively in Skopje,
Macedonia in May-2011, Tirana, Albania in October-2012,
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina in October 2013, a
great number of prominent scholars are expected to meet
in Bucharest at the IBAC conference.
The 4th IBAC Conference will mainly focus on the
relations between Turkish and Romania from a historical
perspective and therefore papers should deal with one of
the diverse topics such as history, politics; social and
economic structures, language, art and culture etc.
concerning both countries. (See attachment). Papers
dealing different issues about the Balkans are also
If you wish to participate in the Conference please send
an abstract of maximum 250 words with the title of your
paper and the application form below to the email address
(email@example.com) until 31 July 2014.
I. History, Politics and Mutual Relations
1. First Encounters (Beginning of the Turkish
Presence in the Balkans and Their Contacts
with the Balkan People)
2. Danubian Principalities (Wallachia, Moldova,
3. Principalities of Moldova and Wallachia under
the Ottoman Government
Pentru a folosi plugin-urile
sociale Facebook, trebuie să
schimbi identitatea cu care foloseşti Facebook de
la Cartiinteresante la Blogul de Bancuri.
Page 2 of 5 #cfp Turkey and Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in the Balkans | ...
5. Phanariot Greek Governors
6. Security, Borders and Border Relations
7. Emergence of an Independent Romania
8. Russo-Ottoman War of 1877-1878 and Berlin
9. Balkan Wars
10. Ottoman Empire and Romania in the World War
11. Straits Question
12. Turkey and Romania between the Two World
II. International Relations and Diplomacy
1. Second World War and Relations between
Turkey and Romania
2. Relations between Turkey and Romania during
Cold War Era
3. Relations between Turkey and Romania Post
Cold War Period (1989-2014)
4. Turkey, Romania and European Union
III. Culture, Education and Religion
1. Interaction and Cultural Ties
2. Religion and Religious Tolerance
3. Influences and Cultural Transfers
4. Language accomodations
5. Balkans from the View of Turkey and Romania
IV. Economics Relations
1. Trade and Trade Relations
2. Trade Policies and Routes
3. Border Trade
Page 3 of 5 #cfp Turkey and Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in the Balkans | ...
4. The Place of Principalities of Moldova and
Wallachia in Istanbul’s Food Supply
V. Language and Literature
1. Dimitrie Cantemir
2. Nicolae Iorga
3. Ahmed Vefik Pashaâ
4. M. A. Ubucini
VI. City and Urbanization
1. Cities in Moldova and Wallachia under Ottoman
2. Traces of Islamic Architecture in Romania
3. Immigration and Urban Life
VII. Romanians in Turkey and Turks in Romania
VIII. Turkish Entrepreneurs in Romania
* The topics are not limited to the above subjects. Papers
with a different subject over the Balkans are welcomed.
Abstracts should be a maximum of 250 words.
Language of the Conference: English
Deadline of abstracts submission: July 31, 2014
Notification of accepted papers to the authors:
August 10, 2014
Application form IBAC (click for download)
For further information please visit our website:
Any comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.
Please mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Page 4 of 5 #cfp Turkey and Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in the Balkans | ...
PLAN EUROPEAN ÎN
#CFP TURKEY AND
IN THE BALKANS
CALL FOR PAPERS
ISTORIE ȘI ISTORICI
DIN BUCUREȘTI –
ISTORIE ȘI ISTORICI LA
TRECUTUL CARE NU
TRECE. UNGARIA DUPĂ
COMUNIȘTI ROMÂNI ÎN
TISMĂNEANU ÎN DIALOG
Copyright 2014 Facultatea de Istorie / Logo (c) Adinel Chiriță Apprise Theme powered by WordPress
Page 5 of 5 #cfp Turkey and Romania: Historical Ties and Future Collaborations in the Balkans | ...