1) Which are the backup types that are available in Netbackup ?
AnswerDifferential Incremental Backup Commulative Incremental Backup User Backup User Archive Full Backup 2) What is a master server & media server?
3) What is volume pools & volume Groups?
4) What is media multiplexing? AnswerThe process of sending concurrent-multiple backups from one or more clients to a single storage device and interleaving those images onto the media.
5) What does these status codes mean- 216, 256, 298, 50?
6) What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
7) What does it mean by inventorying a robot?
8) What is avrd ? AnswerThe automatic volume recognition daemon on UNIX and process on Windows
9) What is bpadm? AnswerAn administrator utility that runs on NetBackup UNIX servers. It has a character-based, menu interface that can be run from terminals that do not have X Windows capabilities.
10) What is a frozen image ? AnswerA stable disk copy of the data prior to backup. A frozen image is created very rapidly, causing minimal impact on other applications. There are two basic types: copy-on-write and mirror.
11) What is retention period ? AnswerThe length of time that NetBackup keeps backup and archive images. The retention period is specified on the schedule.
12) What is tape spanning ? Using more than one tape to store a single backup image.
13) What is TLD,TLH,TLM,TL4,TL8? TLD-Tape Library DLT TLH-Tape Library Half-inch TLM-Tape Library Multimedia TL4-Tape Library 4MM TL8-Tape Library 8MM
14) What is the full form of DLT? Answer-Digital-linear tape or tape drive type.
15) What is image expiration and volume expiration? Image ExpirationThe date and time when NetBackup stops tracking a backup image. Volume ExpirationThe date and time when the physical media (tape) is considered to be no longer usable.
16) Commanline to shutdown netbackup services on Windows Server? Answer-bpdown
17) Which command is used to produce a report on Status of Netbackup Images? Answer-bpimagelist
18) What is the use of command vmupdate? Answer-Inventory the media contents of a robotic library.
19) Commandline for Creating a copy of backups created by NetBackup? Answer-bpduplicate