SO LUTIO N OVE RVIEW

15 O M VE US IL R ER LIO S! N

Ultra low-cost computing solutions

Award-winning virtual desktops
The average person uses less than 5% of the capacity of their PC. The rest is wasted. NComputing taps into the other 95% so that multiple users can simultaneously share a single PC. Each person runs their own applications— and has their own files, settings, and preferences. Without the bulk. Without the expense. Without the cost of a dedicated PC.

Businesses, governments, and schools all save time and money with NComputing.

Just load our vSpace™ virtualization software onto a standard PC. Then connect our small access devices and plug in standard monitors, mice, and keyboards. Flip the switch and each user thinks that they have their own PC. But there’s only one PC to manage. One PC to back up. And the cost per user is a small fraction of what you would pay if everyone got their own PC. NComputing customers see benefit across the board. Our solutions typically reduce hardware and support costs by 75% and run on standard PCs with Windows and Linux1. The vSpace software installs in minutes and the boxes snap into place. With fewer PCs to manage, IT staff and users are more productive. NComputing saves both money and the environment with a 90% improvement in energy efficiency compared to PCs and a 98% reduction in ewaste. Neither software nor hardware alone can deliver the low price and high performance that you want and your users demand. So we give you everything you need. Our software, hardware, and protocol all work together for the best possible performance.

1 Specific Linux support information is available in the NComputing Knowledge Base. For details on Microsoft operating systems and licensing see www.ncomputing.com/mslicensing

SO LUTIO N OVE RVIEW

Desktop virtualization software for NComputing

NComputing vSpace desktop virtualization software
NComputing vSpace software divides your computer’s resources into independent sessions that give each user their own rich PC experience. Our UXP protocol transmits and handles the desktop display and remote activities from the user’s keyboard and mouse. There are three ways to connect users to the shared PC. Chose the one that makes the most sense for you.
Desktop virtualization software for NComputing

The X-series: lowest cost and best multimedia
The X-series comes with PCI cards with either three or five connectors. The access devices connect directly to the PCI cards via standard cables (up to 33 feet long). The X-series provide a rich PC experience that includes widescreen resolutions and full-screen video.

NComputing X-series

The L-series: maximum flexibility using Ethernet networks
NComputing L-series

The L-series access devices connect to the shared computer via standard Ethernet networks. That way, users can be any distance from the shared PC—whether that’s across the hall, across campus, or across the world. L-series products come in a variety of configurations, with options that support USB flash drives and two-way audio. Up to 30 L-series users can share a single PC. And a server can support hundreds.

NComputing U170

The U-series: the easiest way to connect
The U-series’ USB plug-and-play simplicity makes it the easiest way to connect users to a shared PC. Install the vSpace software, connect your keyboard, mouse and monitor to the U170, plug the U170 into the PC or a USB hub and you are all set. The U170 gets its power through the USB data cable, eliminating cable clutter. And the access device automatically assigns any other USB device to users so users don’t have to assign their keyboard and mouse when they log in. Users can also expect stunning multimedia capabilities on the U170.

ncomputing.com
©Copyright 2003-2010. NComputing, Inc. All rights reserved. NComputing is the property of NComputing. Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. Specifications subject to change without notice. Performance may vary, depending on the configuration of the shared computer. SOLUTION OVERVIEW REV17

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful