You are on page 1of 8

Campbell, Cohen

Documentation Guide

Page 1

The present Guide is a general list of documentation usually required in support of an immigration
application. Please start collecting the original documents outlined hereunder.
We are currently working together to complete the forms on our on-line form builder system. It is very
important to mention that it is your responsibility to be sure that information provided is consistent
and complete. This means that the information on your documents must match your forms, and that
your forms match each other.
PASSPORTS: Gather valid passports, for you, your spouse/common law partner and all dependents.
Regular passports only (no diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports).
VISAS/PERMITS: If you are living in a country other than the one in which you hold citizenship, gather
your visas, residency permit and any entry/exit stamps in your passport.
Prepare the following, for you, your spouse/common law partner, and all dependants (whether they are
accompanying you or not):
 Birth certificates (or adoption certificates), if applicable.
o Birth Certificates must be “long form”, which means that they should contain the names
of both parents.
 Marriage certificates (for all marriages)
 Divorce certificates (for all former marriages)
 Death certificates of former spouses/common law partners (if applicable)
 Legal documents showing name changes (if applicable)
 National IDs/Family registry books (if applicable)
If you are unable to obtain any of the above documents, contact your Document Specialist immediately.
For Common-Law Spouses:
 Complete the form IMM 5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (if applicable, please
please contact your Document Specialist)
 In order to prove cohabitation for the last 12 months you must collect the following documents
listing both your names:
o Joint bank account statements;
o Leases;
o Utility bills, etc.

Language test results must not be older than two (2) years upon date of receipt at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).fr/liste-des-centres-agrees/ To find a testing center you need to pick your country of residence in French from the drop-down menu. You need to register for both parts of the TEF. ENGLISH TESTS: You and/or your spouse/common law partner must submit one of the following official test results for your English language proficiency:  International English Language Testing System (IELTS): General IELTS Test Results (only GENERAL TESTING results will be accepted. Etats-Unis for USA. Cohen Documentation Guide 4. e.francais. Please email your Document Specialist your TEF examination results as soon as they become available to you.celpiptest. . and more can be found on the following websites:  www. the mandatory and the optional one. Please note that the original IELTS/ CELPIP certificate will be required upon submission of your documents to our office. Please note that the original TEF certificate(s) will be required upon submission of your documents to our office.ielts. Information about testing centers. Information about testing centers. IMPORTANT: Up to five (5) additional points can be earned if the spouse/common law partner also submits language testing results. FRENCH TESTS: You and/or your spouse/common law partner must submit the following official test results for your French language proficiency:  Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) We recommend that you register for your French language test as soon as possible. ACADEMIC IELTS will not be accepted)  Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP): CELPIP General Test Results (Only GENERAL TESTING results will be accepted) We recommend that you register for your English language test as soon as possible. and more can be found on the following websites:  http://www. test dates. test Please email your document specialist your IELTS/CELPIP examination results as soon as they become available to  http://www.g. Page 2 PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY The Principal Applicant must submit sufficient language test results with their application.Campbell.

o Income tax statements. If you are unable to obtain a letter which meets these requirements. o Performance evaluations/year-end reviews. technical.  Diplomas for all post-secondary degrees. o Any T4’s. Cohen Documentation Guide 5. o Employment authorization. 6. please collect the following: o Reference letter in the above format. The letters should contain ALL of the following information: o The exact start date (and end date if applicable) o All positions held in the company/job titles o Specify the number of hours you work(ed) per week o A DETAILED list of your everyday duties or responsibilities o Your annual salary plus benefits Every effort should be made to collect a reference letter containing all of the above information for every position you have held over the last 10 years. contact your document specialist or case manager immediately. Page 3 WORK EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS Please gather documents supporting your employment history for the past 10 years.Campbell.  Other Helpful Documents (Optional but highly recommended): o Pay slips. . o Appointment/promotion letters. up through to the present. if available. college. These include any university. you will need to collect the following:  Letters of Reference: All reference letters must be written on company letterhead (with company contact information) and be signed by a superior. EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS Only the Principal Applicant is required to submit educational documents. The Principal Applicant must gather the following:  Transcripts (mark sheets) for all post-secondary degrees. o Copies of work contracts. and professional programs. If you or your spouse/common-law partner has worked in Canada for at least one (1) year in the last 10 years. For each position that you have held from ten years prior to your application date. vocational.

GRAND-mother/father. utility bills and bank statements. IMPORTANT: You may be eligible for up to five (5) additional points if you and/or your spouse/common law partner previously studied in Canada full time. Canadian passport or citizenship card. however. As a minimum a stamp or seal and signature on each sheet of paper is required by the institution. 7. Niece/ Nephew. expected that the official evaluator might be one of the agencies member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada. The majority of agencies require the following documents for evaluation of your credentials: • Certified true copies of all your post-secondary diplomas and transcripts. Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency. Cohen Documentation Guide Page 4 As noted previously Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has not yet designated an official agency to conduct educational credential assessments. We will inform you as soon as any updates are provided by the government in this regard. Spouse/Common-Law Partner. o A certified true copy is a photocopy of the original document certified true to the original by the issuing educational institution. or credit card invoices. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Permanent Residence card. AND . an employer’s letter.Campbell. Daughter/Son. PROOF OF RELATIVE You may be eligible for up to five (5) additional points if you have a relative who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18 and who is currently residing in Canada. which will be required under the new regulations for the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC). Aunt/Uncle • Be over 18 years of age • Be currently residing in Canada • Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident The following documents must be gathered:  Proof of Status: Their record of landing. in a program of at least two year duration (including secondary school). In order to obtain these points. the relative must meet the following characteristics: • Be a Mother/Father. AND  Proof of residency: Lease agreements. It is. GRAND-daughter/son. Sister/ Brother. please provide proof of successful completion of the required credits for the two years of study.

. PROOF OF FUNDS You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family members after you arrive in Canada.011 4 $20. As you are claiming points for your XXX. Automobiles. free of debt). AND/OR  Letter from the bank.Campbell. transferable and unencumbered (i. 8.  Bank statements showing a savings balance (we recommend that you provide at least 3 months of bank statements). land evaluations. Check our website or contact your Document Specialist to make sure you have the most recent information.115 2 $13. any of the following will be accepted.425 6 $26.654 5 $23. jewelry and private stocks & bonds will not be accepted as proof of funds.419 7 or more $29. AND/OR  Evidence of fixed or time deposit statements NOTE: Any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance or source to show the funds are yours.e. You must provide proof that your funds are liquid.414 NOTE: these amounts are updated every year.837 3 $17. you must provide a copy of your XXX birth certificate and your mother’s birth certificate. The funds should be in your name or your Spouse’s name. The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family: Number of Family Members Funds Required (in Canadian dollars) 1 $11. However. Cohen Documentation Guide Page 5  Proof of familial relation: Birth certificate and/or marriage certificates. Bank statements from a deposit account are recommended.

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES Police clearances must be submitted for all family members over 18 years of and any dependants (children) aged 18 or older. Cohen Documentation Guide Page 6 If you have any difficulties in establishing your proof of funds. your spouse/common law partner. and each dependant child.Campbell. The following should be enquired about:  Police certificates for yourself. from every country they have resided in for more than six (6) months since the age of 18.asp for specific information on how to obtain police certificates from different countries. your spouse/common-law partner (if married or partnered). be identical (black and white or color) produced from the same untouched negative. Note: Police Clearances from Canada are not needed unless specifically requested by the Visa Office. 9. and leave the sixth (6th) photo blank.  On the back of five (5) of the photos write the name and date of birth of the person depicted. PHOTOS  Provide six (6) photos each for you.cic. The photos must: • • measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown. so we strongly encourage you to enquire about the procedures to undertake for each clearance that you and your family members must collect in order to be ready to request them once we tell you so. or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera. . The photos must: • • • show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph. and the date the picture was taken. have a plain white background. have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size. 10. If you have any difficulties in obtaining information about police clearance certificates. Police clearances usually have a limited validity. contact your Document Specialist immediately. taken within the last six (6) months prior to the date of submission of your application. Please consult the CIC’s website at http://www.gc. contact your Document Specialist immediately.

FEE PAYMENT There are two (2) types of fees:  Government Processing Fees required upon application submission to: Family member  Processing fee Principal applicant 550 CAD Each family member age 22 or older 550 CAD Each family member under age 22 who is married or in a common-law relationship 550 CAD Each family member under age 22 who is unmarried and not in a common-law relationship 150 CAD The Right of Permanent Residence fee required at a later stage: Family member Processing fee Principal applicant 490 CAD Spouse or common-law partner 490 CAD . Cohen Documentation Guide Page 7 Please refer to the following diagram when approaching the photographer: 11.Campbell.

Once CIC formally releases the new FSW program Application Guide we will be able to finalize your personalized checklist. please collect all your originals and do not send any documentation to our office in hardcopy. Please kindly note that the above list is not exhaustive or final and may be subject to change. . at this time. Kindly note that any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by a Certified Translation.Campbell. Cohen Documentation Guide Page 8 Family member Dependent children are exempt Processing fee N/A FINAL NOTES As already mentioned. We look forward to receiving the copies of required documents by email of fax for review.