You are on page 1of 2

How to Avail the OWWA

Maria Theresa Samante, Jan 3, 2008

The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to protect and promote the
welfare and well-being of Overseas Filipino Workers. In lieu with this, OWWA offers
scholarships, insurance and educational program for OFWs and their dependents. This
article would give you an idea of what you need to present to avail of the
said programs.
There are five education and training programs offered by OWWA; Education for
Development Scholarship Program (EDSP), Skills-for-Employment Scholarship
Program (SESP), Seafarers Upgrading Program (SUP), DOLE-OWWA-Tulay
Microsoft Project and Tuloy-Aral Project.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
The Education for Scholarship Program (EDSP) grants a 4 to 5 year baccalaureatecourse
offered by a CHED-accredited college or university. The scholarship is given to qualified
beneficiaries/dependents of OWWA member-OFWs. The OWWA gives P30,000 per
semester and pay the tuition fee directly to the school. They release the remaining
amount after the scholar submits the grades for the semester.
How to qualify for the Scholarship

Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried

OWWA member
Must be 21 years old or below
Must be a Filipino citizen
Be in good health and with good moral character
Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the
graduating class

What Are the Requirements

Accomplished application forms (2 sets)

1"x 1" ID pictures (2 copies)
Proof of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of applicant and of the

Member if related as brother or sister duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or
Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal's Certification on Scholastic



OWWA membership (i.e.





Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)

Health Certificate attesting to physical fitness of applicant (Form B)
Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance

Counselor (Form C)
Certification that applicant belongs to upper 20% of graduating class issued by

school principal (2 sets)

Statement of applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-

secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)

Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant
status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by parent or legal
guardians (Form F)

To avail of the OWWA scholarship, please bring the requirements mentioned above at
office. For
OWWA website at
Read more: