This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
What are monomers and polymers? 2. What is monomer residue? 3. What is repeat unit of a polymer chain? 4. What is the difference between homopolymer and co polymer? 5. What is branched polymer? 6. What is dendrimer? 7. What is the difference between thermoplastic and thermosetting polymer? 8. What are blocked polymers? 9. What are graft polymers? 10. Difference between isotactic, syndiotactic and atactic polymers? 11. What is combed polymer? 12. What are star polymers? 13. What is polymerization and how it can be classified? 14. What is chain polymerization? 15. What are the steps of polymerization? 16. What is free radical polymerization? 17. What is the mechanism of free radical polymerization? 18. Differentiate between anionic and cationic polymerization 19. What are free radicals? How it can be produced? 20. What is chain transfer reaction? 21. What is CTA? 22. What is copolymer? 23. What is living polymer? 24. What is step or condensation polymerization? 25. What is self-condensation? 26. What is AA-BB type polymerization? 27. What are the conditions of step polymerization? 28. What are the methods or techniques of polymerization? 29. What is gas phase polymerization? 30. What is liquid phase polymerization? 31. What are the advantages and disadvantages of solution polymerization? 32. What are the advantages of bulk polymerization?
33. What are the ingredients used in an emulsion polymerization/ 34. What is interfacial poly condensation? 35. What is the basic principle of interfacial poly condensation? 36. What do you mean by monodisperse and poly disperse system? 37. What is index of polydispersity? 38. What is end group analysis? 39. Why is osmometry? 40. What is Z average molecular weight of polymer? 41. What is molecular weight distribution curve? 42. What are the methods used to calculate Mn and Mw? 43. What do you mean by crystallinity and amorphousness in a polymer? 44. What is Tg and Tm? 45. What are the relations between Tg and Tm? 46. What is Tf? 47. What is Tg of rubber, nylon and polyester? 48. What is crystallinity of polymer? 49. What is amorphousness of polymer? 50. What is index of crystallinity? 51. What are the factors affects crystallinity in a polymer? 52. What are the inter-molecular forces in a polymer? 53. What is a.H-bonding b. salt linkage c. ionic bond d. Van deer wale forces e. hydrophobic interaction f. NMR g. SEM h. AFM i. Polymer degradation 54. How is polymer characterized? 55. What are the types of polymer degradation? 56. What is a. Chain end degradation b. Random degradation c. Thermal degradation d. Mechanical degradation e. Oxidative degradation f. Hydrolytic degradation 57. What are anti oxidants? 58. What are the factors required for a polymer to form a fiber?
TEXTILE RAW MATERIALS (PART – I)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
What is fiber? What is filament? What is textile fiber? Classify the textile fiber in broad sense Give some examples of seed fiber, leaf fiber, regenerated fiber and synthetic fiber 6. Mention some important/ major cotton cultivated countries 7. What is upland and American pima cotton? 8. Classify the cotton fiber on the basis of staple length 9. Mention the range of length, diameter and spinning limit of cotton fiber 10. What are the main elements of cotton fiber? 11. What types of impurities of are found in raw cotton? 12. Mention some grading systems of raw cotton fiber 13. What are cotton linters and uses of linters? 14. Mention the average strength and MR% of cotton fiber 15. What is the effect of acids and alkali on cotton fiber? 16. What is ginning and it’s type? 17. What do you know about Bangladeshi cotton? 18. What types of faults are found in raw cotton? 19. Mention the average length of jute fiber 20. Mention the main elements and their amount jute fiber 21. Mention the average strength and MR% of jute fiber 22. What is the effect of acids and alkali on jute fiber? 23. What types of defects are found in jute fiber? 24. What are the uses of jute fiber? 25. What is retting? 26. What types of reagents are used for chemical retting? 27. What are the main elements of flax fiber? 28. Mention the strength and MR% of flax fiber 29. What are the effects of acids and alkali on flax fiber? 30. What types of dyes are used for cotton, jute and flax fiber? 31. What is the end use of flax fiber? 32. What are the uses of Ramie, Hemp, kemi and sisal? 33. Mention the average strength of wool fiber
34. What are the main elements of wool fiber? 35. Mention the major wool producing countries 36. What are the effects of acids and alkali on wool fiber? 37. What types of dyes are used for wool dyeing? 38. What is the end use of wool fiber? 39. Mention the natural filament 40. Mention the major silk producing country 41. How can you express the fineness of silk filament? 42. Mention the average length and strength of silk filament 43. What is the effect of acids and alkali on silk? 44. What is the end use of silk? 45. What types of dyes are used for silk dyeing? TEXTILE RAW MATERIALS (PART-II) 1. What are chemical fibers? 2. How chemical fibers are classified? 3. What are natural polymers based chemical fibers? 4. What are the spinning methods of chemical fibers? 5. What is dry spinning? 6. What is Melt spinning? 7. What is Wet spinning? 8. What are the solvents generally used in dry spinning? 9. What are the coagulants used in wet spinning? 10. What is spinneret? Why it is used? 11. What is plastisizer and why it is used in spinning chemical fibers? 12. What is spin finishes? 13. What are the functions of spin finishes in production chemical fibers? 14. What is drawing and stretching of chemical fibers? 15. What is the difference between cold draw and hot draw? 16. What is texturing? 17. What are the objectives of texturing? 18. What is false twist method for texturing? 19. What are the available methods for texturing? 20. What is regenerated fiber? 21. Classify different viscose fibers 22. Mention chemistry involved in production of viscose rayon? 23. What raw materials are available for viscose rayon production?
24. What is pulp and how it is prepared? 25. What type of spinning is suitable for viscose rayon? 26. What ingredients are used in spinning bath of viscose rayon production? 27. What is polynosic? 28. What is HWM viscose rayon? 29. What are the tests for ripening viscose? How it can be classified? 30. How are the physical properties of viscose rayon? 31. How are the chemical properties of viscose rayon? 32. How is viscose rayon affected by water, sunlight? 33. What are the uses of viscose rayon? 34. What is the polyester fiber according to FTC? 35. Difference between Dacron and Terylene? 36. What is Tory? 37. What are the methods available for spinning polyester fibers? 38. What is Kodel 200? 39. How are the physical and chemical properties of polyester? 40. How is polyester affected by temperature and sunlight? 41. What are the uses of polyester? 42. What are polyamide fibers? 43. How is polyamide fiber classified? 44. What is Nylon 6,6 and Nylon 6? 45. What are aramids fibers? 46. How are the physical and chemical properties of nylon fibers? 47. How do heat and organic solvent affect nylon fibre? 48. What are the applications of polyamide fibers? 49. What is acrylic and mod-acrylic fiber? 50. What is suitable spinning method for acrylic fiber and why? 51. How are the physical and chemical properties of acrylic fiber? 52. How is acrylic fiber affected by temperature? 53. What are the uses of acrylic fibers? 54. What is acetate and acetate fiber? 55. Difference between acetate and di-acetate fiber 56. Mention chemistry involved in production of acetate and diacetate fibers 57. How are the physical and chemical properties of acetate and diacetate fibers? 58. How is acetate fiber affected by moisture?
59. What are the uses of diacetate fibers? 60. What is polyurethane fiber? 61. What are the methods for spinning polyurethane fiber? 62. How are the physical and chemical properties of polyurethane fiber? 63. How do organic solvent and heat affect polyurethane fiber? 64. What are the uses of polyurethane fiber? 65. What is glass fiber? 66. What is E glass and C glass? 67. What are the ingredients used in preparation E glass? 68. What are the spinning methods of glass fiber? 69. What are the uses of glass fiber? 70. What is bi-component fiber? 71. How is bi-component prepared? 72. What are the objectives of preparation bi-component fiber? 73. What are the uses of bi-component fiber? 74. What are PVC, Vinyon, Dynel, PVA & Carbon fiber?
Wet processing technology
1.What are the problems associated by hard water in desizing / scouring/ bleaching/ mercerizing/ dyeing / printing / finishing? 2.What are the methods of water softening? 3.Classify water according to hardness. 4.What is hardness of water? 5.What is permanent hardness of water? 6.What is temporary hardness of water? 7. What is soap? 8.Which oils are used in soap manufacturing process? 9.What is detergent? 10.What are the advantages and disadvantages of non-ionic detergent? 11.Classify detergent. 12.What is singeing? 13.What are the objects of singeing? 14.Name some singeing machines 15.What is desizing? 16.What types of sizes commonly used for sizing? 17.Name some natural gum sizes or synthetic sizes 18.What are the methods of desizing? 19.What are the objects of desizing?
20.Define scouring, objects of scouring 21.How can you measure the quality of scouring? 22.What is keir? What are the types of kier? 23.What are the precautions to be taken for kier boiling process? 24.Which builders are used in scouring process and this purposes? 25.Define bleaching and object of bleaching 26.Name some bleaching agent 27.What are the steps of continuous bleaching process? 28.Which bleaching agent is suitable for cotton bleaching? 29.Name some oxidizing and reducing bleaching agent 30.What is dye or dyestuffs? 31.What is pigment? 32.What are the differences between dyes and pigments? 33.What is fastness? 34.What is color fastness? Give some example 35.What is a. water fastness? b. Wash fastness c. Perspiration fastness d. Rubbing fastness e. Light fastness f. Sea water fastness g. Chlorinated pool water 36.What do you know about primary color, secondary color, and tertiary color? 37. What are the primary colors in subs tract / pigment theory of color? And in additive / light theory of color 38. Classify dyes on the basis of physical form and application method 39.Give some examples of water insoluble dyes and water-soluble dyes 40. What is concentration gradient? 41. What is absorption isoform? 42.What is auxochromo, chromophore group in dye stuffs? 43.Give some examples of hydrophilic and hydrophobic fibres? 44.On which factors dye selection depends? 45.Classify dyeing machines. 46.Give some examples of fibre dyeing m/c, yarn dyeing m/c and fabric dyeing m/c 47.Give some advantages and disadvantages of jet, jigger and winch dyeing m/c
48. What are the methods of semi-continuous and continuous dyeing m/c? 49.Why direct dye is called direct cotton dye and substantive dye? 50.What fibres are mainly dyed with acid dye? 51.Why acid, vat, direct, basic dyes are so called? 52.What is vatting? 53.Give some properties of direct, acid, basic and vat dye. 54.What is printing? 55.What are the styles of printing? 56.What is thickener? 57.What are the methods of printing? 58.What are the advantages and disadvantages of block printing m/c, screen-printing m/c, rotary printing m/c, transfer printing m/c and stencil printing m/c? 59.Difference between automatic flat bed screen-printing and rotary printing machine
1. What is pigment ? 2. What are the properties of a good pigment? 3. What is organic and inorganic pigment? 4. What are the differences between dye and pigment? 5. How are pigments classified? 6. How is pigment worked as colorant? 7. How is pigment applied for dyeing textiles? 8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of pigment dyeing? 9. What are the fastness properties of pigment dyed fabrics? 10. How are the rubbing fastness properties of pigment dyed fabrics? 11. Name some well-known ancient natural dyes with mentioning sources. 12. Mention the stages of textile materials in which natural dyes can be applied. 13. Name the equipments necessary for home dyeing and very small-scale commercial dyeing in case of natural dyes. 14. What do you understand by natural Mordants? 15. What are the categories of natural dyestuffs?
16. What is synthetic Mordant? 17. What is Alizerine? 18. What are pre-metallised dyes? 19. What is 1:1 & 2:1 metal complex dye? 20. What are the fastness properties of pre-metallised dyes? 21. What are the disadvantages of metal complex dyes? 22. Why is dye aggregation? 23. Why is connective diffusion? 24. What is electrical double layer? 25. What is adsorption, sorption, desorption and diffusion? 26. What are the factors control rate of dyeing? 27. What is dyeing kinetics? 28. What is dyeing equilibra? 29. What are the factors that influence level dyeing? 30. What is pore model? 31. What is free volume model? 32. What is substantivity? 33. What is affinity? 34. What is chromophore group? 35. What is auxochrome? 36. What is partition co-efficient? 37. What is emulsion thickener? 38. What is oil in water emulsion? 39. What is synthetic thickener? 40. What are the advantages of synthetic thickener? 41. What is print paste rheology? 42. What is HLB? Mention the range of HLB 43. What is half emulsion? 44. How is screen-printing m/cs classified? 45. How is flat screen prepared? 46. What are the factors influence the penetration of paste through screen? 47. What is the squeeze systems used in flat screen-printing machine? 48. How is printing quality influenced by the following factors: by the stroke and by squeeze angle? 49. Why is adhesive system used in a fully automatic flat screenprinting m/c?
50. What is rotary screen? 51. What is the squeeze systems used in rotary screen-printing machine? 52. What are the advantages of rotary screen-printing machine? 53. What is the fundamental mechanism of screen-printing? SPECIAL WET PROCESSING ( 4th year) 1. What is foam? 2. What are the types of foam? 3. Why foam may be used for wet processing? 4. What is blow ratio? 5. What is foam density? 6. What is litre weight? 7. Give a relationship between foam density, blow ratio and litre weight 8. How the quality of can be evaluated? 9. Describe FFT process of foam application 10. Describe MITTER foam applicator for carpet 11. Mention with suitable sketch the RSF foam application 12. Describe Jannus mini foam application 13. Describe Monforts foam application 14. What are the advantages & disadvantages of foam process? 15. Why solvent may be used for dyeing media? 16. What are the requirements of an ideal solvent for dyeing? 17. What are the limitations of use solvent in dyeing?
18. Compare trichloro ethane, per chloro ethane & 1,1,1 trichloro
ethane with water as a dyeing media 19. Why polyester can be dyed successfully at 100’c temp without carrier by using solvent? 20. What are the advantages and disadvantages of solvent dyeing? 21. What are the light sensitive parts of a human eye? 22. What do you mean by angle of sight? 23. What is rod and cone? 24. What is SCOTOPIC VISION? 25. What are the types of cone cells? 26. What is luminosity curve? 27. What is PHOTOPIC VISION? 28. What is cone sensitivity curve?
29. What are the reasons of defective color vision/ 30. What do you mean by the term Monochromates, dichromates and trichromates? 31. What do you mean by the term Anomalous trichromates? 32. Describe the term Metamerism 33. Why lamp options are necessary? 34. Describe D65,TL84, CWF, U30, W, F, UV etc 35. What is color-rendering index (CRI)? 36. Describe trimatic theory of color vision 37. What are the limitations of trimatic theory of color vision? 38. What do you mean by CIE? 39. What do you mean by the term CIE X42? 40. What are hue, value, chroma? 41. What are the properties of CIE l* a* b* color space? 42. Describe the meaning of L* a* b* 43. What do you mean by the terms a. color difference b. standard observer c. color contrast 44. Describe Monochromatic contrast and polychromatic contrast 45. Describe successive contrast and simultaneous contrast 46. Describe contrast of hue & contrast of true 47. What do you mean by the term color harmony? 48. Describe with further classification, harmony of analogy & Harmony of contrast 49. What do you mean by the term CCM system? 50. What are the things needed for CCM system? 51. Describe the available software 52. Give a flow diagram of CCM system 53. What is Kubelka-Munk theory? 54. What is Lambert-Bur theory? 55. What do you mean by the term K/S value? 56. What database is required for CCM system? 57. What optical models are used in CCM system? 58. What are the characteristics of raw effluent of a dye house? 59. What are the minimum qualities of effluent required to discharge in natural watercourse? 60. What is BOD and what is COD? 61. What are the harmful effects of effluent on environment if it is not treated?
62. Give a ideal flow diagram of a effluent treatment and disposal system 63. What do you mean by the term chemical coagulation? 64. What do you mean by the term primary clarifier and secondary clarifier? 65. Why biological treatment needed for the effluent? 66. What are the types of sludge handling system? PART-III 1. What are the minimum standards of dye house water quality? 2. Define German hardness, French hardness, English hardness and American hardness. 3. Classify water according to hardness 4. What are the bases of determination of total hardness by soap method? 5. What do you mean by the term “standard soap”? & How it can be prepared? 6. What is scudding factor and how it can be considered? 7. How temporary hardness can be determined by titration method? 8. What problems may arise in the boiler due to hardness? 9. What are the boilers feed water feeds standard? 10. What are the problems may arise in the processing due to hardness? 11. What are the conventional methods of water softening? 12. What is demineralization process? What do you mean by this term compacting? 13. What problem may arise in the processing due to iron contact in water? 14. How the iron problems can be minimized? 15. What do you mean by the term alkaline hardness? 16. How alkaline hardness can be determined? 17. Give the procedures of correction of alkalinity? 18. What do you mean by the term surface-active agent? 19. What are the mechanisms of oil/ dirt detachment from the fibre surface by detergents? 20. Give the classification of detergent 21. Give at least one example from each type of detergent 22. What are the special characteristics of amphoteric detergent? 23. How detergency power can be evaluated?
24. Why the use of softener is increasing day by day? 25. What are the desirable properties of textile softeners? 26. What are the types of textile softeners? 27. Why cationic softener is more used than the others? 28. Write about reactive softeners 29. Give the examples of anionic and non-ionic softeners 30. Write notes on amphoteric softeners 31. What are normal silicon softeners and what are amino-functional silicon polymers? 32. How you can distinguish silicon macro emulsion and silicon micro emulsion? 33. What are the outstanding advantages of silicon softeners? 34. How bacteria degrade and damage the fabric? 35. What are cellulose enzymes? 36. What are the conditions that can cause bacterial growth? 37. What are the requirements of an anti-bacterial agent? 38. How creating physical barrier for the bacterial attack can protect fabric? 39. Describe the methods of anti-bacterial finish by using toxic agent? 40. How fabric can be protected from bacteria by chemical modification? 41. What are the latest developments on anti-bacterial finish? FINISHING PART 1. Define fabric finishing 2. Give the classification of fabric finishing 3. What are the objects of fabric finishing? 4. What are the factors to be considered to choice of finishing route? 5. What are the objects of calendaring machine? 6. What are the main elements of essentials of calendaring finish? 7. What are the types of damping m/c? 8. Give a general description of a calendaring m/c? 9. Describe a: swizzing finish b. friction calendaring c. chasting finish d. embossing 10. What is raising? 11. What is flunnel fabric and what is fleece fabric? 12. What are the types of raising m/c? 13. What is double acting m/c and single acting m/c? 14. What is emerizing?
15. What is polar fleece? 16. What do you mean by the term residual shrinkage? 17. What is sanforizing? 18. What are the objects of sanforizing process? 19. Explain sanforizing process with a schematic diagram 20. What do you mean by the term compressive shrinkage? 21. What is mercerization? 22. What are the objects of mercerization? 23. What physical and chemical changes happened in the cotton fibre by mercerization process? 24. What are the benefits obtained by the mercerization process? 25. Why strength, hygroscopicity, dye-affinity and luster increased by mercerization process? 26. What are the effects of tension on mercerization process? 27. What are the effects of temperature on mercerization process? 28. What are the effects of caustic soda concentration on mercerization process? 29. What are the effects of time of treatment on mercerization process? 30. What are the effects of washing condition on mercerization process? 31. How yarn can be mercerized in hank form and continuous sheet form? 32. Describe cloth mercerizing process 33. How mercerizing effect can be assessed? 34. What is resin? 35. What are the benefits of resin finishing on cotton fabric? 36. Give a general recipe for resin finishing 37. What is urea formaldehyde precondensate? 38. Give the probable reactions may happened at the time of treatment of cotton material with urea formaldehyde. 39. What are the advantages and disadvantages of urea formaldehyde resin? 40. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Kaurit AF140? 41. What are the advantages of di-methyl ethylene urea? 42. What is Kaurit AF140? 43. What are the advantages and disadvantages of DMEU? 44. Give the application procedure DMEU? 45. What is DMDHEU? (Di methylol di hydroxy ethylene urea)
46. Give the reactions has taken place with Di methylol di hydroxy ethylene urea and cotton 47. Give the application procedure of DMDHEU 48. What is water proof, water repellant and shower proof fabric? 49. What do you mean by the term durable water repellant finish/ 50. Describe the application procedure of Valan PF and Cerol WB? 51. Give the application procedure of Persuitol VS & Phobotex FT? 52. What are poly siloxanes? 53. What are the types of poly siloxanes? 54. Describe the application procedure of silicon emulsion M478 55. Give the burning cycle of polymer 56. Give the thermal degradation chart of cellulose 57. What are the required properties of an ideal flame retardant chemical/ 58. What are the types of flame retardant process/ 59. Give the application procedure of Pyrovatex and THPC 60. What are the advantages of THPC over other flame retardant chemicals? 1. Give a schematic diagram of vapor loc system of scouring & also give the recipe 2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of vapor loc system of scouring? 3. What do you mean by the term solvent scouring? 4. Mention with flow diagram of solvent scouring of cotton fabric 5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of solvent scouring? 6. How scouring effect can be estimated? 7. How bleaching effect can be estimated? 8. How mercerizing effect can be estimated? 9. Describe the methods of determination of available chlorine in bleaching powder 10. Describe the methods of determination of strength of hydrogen peroxide
GARMENTS TECHNOLOGY 1. Why garments industries are important in the economy of Bangladesh?
2. Describe historical background of garments? 3. What is GSP system and MFA? 4. What is QUOTA and no QUOTA? 5. What is categories numbers? 6. Describe Canada non-QUOTA and USA QUOTA categories numbers? 7. Describe EEC garments description 8. Describe garments terms and definitions 9. What is L/C, back-to-back L/C, invoice, FOB, C&F and CIF? 10. What is swatch, ticket number, stitch & seam, linge, Godet and disposable garments? 11. How sample will make? 12. How many components in shirt and trouser? 13. Show the basic standard measurement of ladies and gents 14. Describe garments making sequence 15. What is grading? 16. Why is bundling is necessary in cutting section? 17. How will you calculate marker efficiency? 18. Describe the constrain of marker making 19. Describe computerized marker technique 20. Describe the draw back of perforated marker, spirit duplicating and paint spray marker technique 21. How you will central fabric wastage outside the marker? 22. What are the requirements of fabric spreading? 23. What is straight and stepped lay? 24. How many fabric packages are normally used in garments? 25. Why manual spread are very popular in Bangladesh? 26. What are the features of automatic fabric spreading? 27. What are the methods of fabric cutting? 28. What are the advantages of round knife, straight knife and band knife? 29. Why die cutting, drill and notcher are used in garments cutting section? 30. What are the drawbacks of water jets, laser beam cutting? 31. What are the advantages of computerized cutting? 32. How many types of interlining are used in garments? 33. What are the conditions of fusing? 34. Describe the types of fusing? 35. Hoe many methods are available for resin coating?
36. Describe high frequency fusing machine 37. What is double & reverse fusing? 38. Why temperature, pressure and time are controlled in fusing? 39. How will you control the quality of garments? 40. Define inspection loop. 41. What are trimmings? 42. Mention the list of sewing machine for producing shirt & trouser. 43. Calculate the basic consumption of shirt & trouser. 44. What is merchandising? 45. Mention the responsibilities of a good merchandiser. 46. Define style and fashion 47. What are the factors favoring of fashion? 48. What are the factors retarding of fashion? 49. Describe importance of fashion designing in RMG sectors 50. Basic concepts of designing, pattern making, marker making and garments manufacturing 51. Tools of work measurement & time study and motion study 52. Historical background of our garments industry 53. Tools and machine used for garments manufacturing 54. Application of computer in garments 55. Concepts of merchandising in garments 56. Production planning, controlling and production management in relation to garments manufacturing 57. What is quality and how to control the quality of garments? 58. Different inspection systems used for inspecting raw-material, inlime process and finishing process 59. Brief idea on CAD/CAM systems for garments manufacturing. 60. How to prepare or make a report for industrial attachment? 61. Concept of sewing machine and falts 62. What do you understand by garments are washed? 63. What types of garments are washed? 64. Why garments are washed? 65. Give a standard recipe of a normal wash 66. What is the outlook of normal washed garments? 67. What affect could be achieve by bleach wash? 68. What is the role of stone during garments washing? 69. What type of garments is bleaching washed? 70. What is caustic wash?
71. What is the role of temperature in garments washing? 72. What is the stone wash? 73. Which type of stone is used during washing? 74. What is enzyme wash? 75. Why enzyme wash is costly? 76. What are the special features of enzyme wash? 77. What is back stain? 78. Why back staining occurs? 79. What is GSP? 80. What is Quota and category? 81. What is super white wash? 82. What is garments dyeing? 83. What are the advantages of garments dyeing? 84. What types of garments are dyed? 85. What types of dyes are used in garments dyeing? 86. What is the L/R range in garments dyeing? 87. How much time needed to complete pretreatment & dyeing of a batch of a garments? 88. What is seam slippage? 89. What are the sewing problems? 90. What are the systems of garments inspection? 91. What are the systems of fabric inspection? 92. What is the production of a basic shirt/line/day? 93. What is the production of a T-shirt /line/day? 94. What is the production of a polo shirt /line/day? 95. How many machines are used for shirt, trouser, T-shirt and polo shirt production per line? 96. Name some machines of a garments factory 97. Name some machines of a garments washing plant 98. How the garments factories are classified? 99. Name of some sewing machine manufacturer 100.How many garments factories in Bangladesh? 100. How many garments buying houses in Bangladesh? 101. What is the export value of RMG sector in last year? 102. How many employees in garments sector? 103. What is the percentage of female worker in RMG sector? 104. Which are the major garments importing countries from Bangladesh?
105. What is the percentage of local woven fabric consumption in RMG sector? 106. What is the percentage of local knit fabric consumption in RMG sector?
FABRIC MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY
1. What is weaving? 2. What do you mean by non-woven fabrics? 3. What is warp and weft? 4. Explain drafting and denting 5. What is winding? 6. How winding is done? 7. What are the objects of winding? 8. Name different types of winding packages 9. Give some example of parallel and near parallel wound package 10. What is the difference between direct and indirect drive? 11. Mention the main difference between precession and non precision winding 12. What is the necessity of yarn guides and tensioners? 13. Name the auxiliary functions in winding 14. What is creeling? 15. What is piecing? 16. What do you mean by doffing? 17. Why yarn clearer is used in winding? 18. What do you mean by efficiency? 19. Why lower efficiency occurs in winding section? 20. What is the main difference between ordinary pirn & automatic pirn? 21. Where can we use the automatic shuttle and ordinary shuttle? 22. Why warping is done? 23. What do you mean by raping? 24. What is the main difference between sectional warping and high speed warping? 25. Mention the uses of sectional and high speed warping 26. What do you mean by sizing? 27. Why sizing is done? 28. What is the importance of sizing? 29. Why spun yarn cannot be used directly in weaving section?
30. Why sizing of warp yarn is necessary? 31. Why sizing of weft yarn is not done? 32. Name different types of size ingredients 33. Why lubricants or softener is used in sizing? 34. Why antiseptics and hygroscopic agents are used in sizing? 35. What is the effect of more size pick up? 36. What problem will be seen if over drying in sizing process? 37. Why multi cylinder drying is most widely used? 38. What is the importance of immersion rollers and squeezing roller in sizing? 39. What types of faults are usually seen in sizing? 40. What are the disadvantages of sizing? 41. Name different types of hand loom 42. How do the handlooms operate? 43. What is the main difference between power loom and modern loom? 44. What is the difference between shuttle loom and shuttle less loom? 45. What is primary motion? 46. What is shedding and picking? 47. What do you mean by beat up? 48. What is secondary motion? 49. What is the main difference between over pick and under pick? 50. What do you mean by tertiary or auxiliary motion? 51. What is the main difference between handloom and power loom? 52. What do you mean by Hessian and sacking? 53. Why 7 wheels and 5 wheels take up is used? 54. Why more crimp is used in weft yarn? 55. What is knitting? 56. What is warp and weft knitting? 57. What is circular and flat knitting? 58. What is Wales and courses? 59. Write the name of main/principle knitting elements 60. Write the name of knitting elements? 61. What are the differences between bearded needle and latch needle according to the knitting action? 62. What is compound needle? 63. Classify the sinker according to their functions 64. What is jack? 65. What is needle loop and sinker loop?
66. What is side limb? 67. What is needle gauge? 68. What is cam? 69. State the classification of a cam 70. Write the name of the different parts of a knitting cam 71. What are the differences between miss cam and float cam? 72. What is held loop, tuck loop on bearded needle? 73. Write the name of basic structure of weft knitting and warp knitting 74. What is single jersey structure and double jersey structure? 75. What is the use of double-headed latch needle? 76. What is needle gaiting? 77. Which points we are considered to represent a circular knitting m/c specification? 78. What is sinker timing? 79. How can we calculate the production in weight of a single jersey circular knitting m/c and which parameters are needed to calculate this production? 80. What is open top m/c? 81. State the features of a plain knitted structure 82. What is basic rib structure? 83. What are the features of a rib knitted structure? 84. What is 4-truck circular knitting m/c? 85. State the features of a rib knitted structure 86. What is needle timing? 87. What is interlock fabric? 88. State the main features of a purl knitting m/c 89. What are the differences between fabric length m/c and garment length m/c? 90. State the classification of warp knitting m/c 91. What are the knitting elements of a Tricot and Raschel warp knitting m/c? 92. What is lapping movement of a guide bar? 93. What is flat knitting m/c? 94. What are the differences between Tricot and Raschel warp knitting m/c? 95. Explain the lapping diagram and chain notation 96. Write the name of knitted fabric faults 97. What is non-woven fabric?
98. Write the different names of the production system of non woven fabric 99. What do you mean by automation of knitting industry? 100. What is multi axial fabric? 101. Write the different names of the production system of non woven fabric 102. What are the end uses of multi axial fabric? 103. How can you increase the no. of cam system of circular knitting m/c? 104. State the importance of yarn friction in knitting 105. What is tightness factor? 106. State the main features of the following fabrics: a. Accordion fabric b. Single lacoste c. Double lacoste d. Jersey cord e. Milano rib etc 107. What are the features of automatic loom? 108. In which loom we get highest PPM and why? 109. How many types of feeler? 110. What are the different parts of a shuttle and functions? 111. How ways and why we can pattern in weft way? 112. What are the warp protector motions? 113. Why we use fork motion? 114. Which type of fork motion is better? 115. When and why different types of warp stop motions are used? 116. What is jacquard shedding? 117. Differ among SLSC, DLSC & DLDC jacquard 118. When open shed, centric shed and fine pitch of cross borders jacquard shedding is used? 119. What are the systems of harness mounting? 120. What are the methods of increasing figuring capacity of jacquard shedding? 121. When and why CBC broadloom is used? 122. On which fact’s cloth costing are depend? 123. How we can minimize cloth costing? 124. What is break-even point? 125. How can we increase profit from cloth?
126. What are the causes and remedies of warp and weft breakage? 127. What are the causes and remedies of fabric faults? 128. What are different types of efficiency? 129. How can we increase efficiency? 130. On which factors efficiency depends? 131. Give the classification of loom 132. What are the aims and objectives of automatic weaving? 133. Write the features of automatic loom 134. How can we produce different types of woven design? 135. Why it is necessary to use feeler in automatic loom and what are their types? 136. List the advantages of loom winder 137. What are the types of box motion? 138. Write the purposes of weft mixing motion 139. Why it is necessary to use warp protector motion? 140. Differentiate between loose and fast reed motion 141. Draw the different types of droppers 142. Classify the jacquard loom 143. What is the function of warp stop motion? 144. State the scope of jacquard shedding mechanism 145. What are the purposes of cross border jacquard loom? 146. Write the difference between side weft fork and central weft fork motion 147. What is the defect of shedding? 148. Find out the member of Neck cords, Hooks and Needles in a 400’s DLDC jacquard? 149. Define efficiency and over all efficiency 150. List the causes of warp breakage 151. What are the duties of a weaver? 152. Define Break Even Point and margin of safety 153. Classify the costs 154. Define Laminate 155. What are the methods of lamination? 156. Write the difference between bonded and lamination 157. What are the quality requirements for foam backed garments? 158. Define braiding 159. Name the technical difficulties in braid production
160. Calculate the diameter of braid produced from 14 strands of 45 Tex 161. Mention the growing areas of use of braid 162. Classify the Textile Fabrics 163. Give the typical specifications of a belt 164. What are the uses of belt? 165. What do you understand by swivel weaving? 166. Write the purposes of swivel weaving 167. Define Geo-textiles 168. What are the functions of Geo-textiles? 169. How geo jute favors the growth of vegetation? 170. Define lappet weaving 171. What are the common features of Muslin fabric? 172. Differentiate between Swiss-Muslin and Anglo-Muslin fabric 173. Name the kind of yarns used for lace making. Also mention their properties 174. Write down the uses of lace 175. Give the types of nets 176. How labels are produced? 177. Define tape and webbing 178. Which fibers are used for medical textiles? 179. Define and classify the toilet fabrics YARN MANUTACTURING TECHNOLOGY 1. What fiber properties are considered for spinning? 2. What is typical micronaire value of cotton fiber? 3. What is Tex? Kilotex? Worsted count? 4. Define different count fiber? 5. What is cleaning efficiency? 6. What is chute feed system? 7. Tell about lap hank and sliver hank 8. What is the usual draft and doubling of cotton draw frame? 9. What is tension draft? 10. Mention some setting point of carding 11. What are the typical production of card and draw frame? 12. What is meant by DCP? 13. How draft is calculated from gearing diagram? 14. What is the function of barrow wheel?
15. How production of carding and draw frame can be increased? 16. How cotton is graded? 17. What is auto leveler, open and close loop control? 18. What is the draft of breaker card? 19. What is dollop weight, ultimate? 20. What is the production of jute breaker card? 21. Define batching and Emulsion 22. Define: cotton count Metric count Tex Denier Worsted Spyndle 23. Give some example of Bast fiber and leaf fiber, mineral fiber & hairy fiber 24. Impact of immature fiber in spinning and dyeing 25. How do you express the strength of fiber and give its units 26. Variety of cotton 27. Name some cotton producing countries 28. Give the properties of cotton fiber • Specific gravity • • • • • Strength Fineness Staple length MR% Melting point
• Elongation 29. Difference between carded and combed process 30. Differentiate between mixing and blending 31. What is SCI? 32. What is BIAS, HVI & AFIS? 33. Necessity of carding in yarn manufacturing process 34. Why called: • Card is the heart of spinning mill • Well carded is half spun
35. What is pneumophil?
36. Principle of tender carding, roller carding & stationary fold carding 37. In revolving flat card where main carding action takes places? 38. Which metal is used for carding? 39. Selection of carding angle for different machine parts 40. How fiber damage in card? 41. Causes of nep formation in card 42. Different types of hook formation in carding 43. Production calculation of a carding m/c 44. Explain ‘Drafting causes irregularities whereas doubling minimizes irregularities’. 45. Define: • • • • • Break draft Tension draft Back zone draft Front zone draft Total draft
46. What is periodic variation and Drafting wave? 47. How does short fiber is controlled in Draw frame? 48. Different forms of Drafting and their suitability 49. Function of auto leveler in Draw frame 50. What are the drafting forces? 51. Explain: nip point, roller setting and drafting zone 52. Basic composition of jute 53. Problem associated with lignin 54. Different jute grade 55. Types of jute yarn 56. Composition of Hessian and sacking 57. Difference between Batch and batching 58. Ingredient of emulsion and their function 59. What are the defects of emulsion? 60. Oil distribution in jute emulsion 61. Jute card pinning 62. What are staves? 63. Function of tin cylinder, worker and striker 64. Explain: • Up striking
• • •
Down striking Half circular Full circular
65. Where shell is used in jute processing? 66. What is TM? 67. What is the function of TCP? 68. What is the range of noil% removal? 69. How production of comber can be calculated? 70. What is the comber input lap hank? 71. Mention change wheel of simplex 72. How noil% can be adjusted? 73. What is the function of building motion in simplex? 74. What is the difference between bobbin building and cop building? 75. What are the common change wheels of Ring frame? 76. Tell example production of comber, simplex & ring frame 77. What is the function of index wheel? 78. How production of ring frame can be calculated? 79. What is twist angle and maximum value of it? 80. What is OPS and how it is calculated? 81. What is the OPS of 20, 30, 40, 60 Ne yarn? 82. What is spacer? 83. Mention typical draft of ring and simplex 84. Explain “Twist cost money ” 85. What is the nips/min and feed/nip of atypical comber? 86. What is the function of gill pin in jute drawing? 87. What is quality ratio? 88. What is the usual count of jute sliver and yarn? 89. What is lead? 90. What do you mean by the term “slip draft”? 91. Briefly mention silk spinning process 92. What is hacking? 93. Mention properties of different fibers 94. What is traveler no? 95. What is the traveler no for 20, 30 & 6o Ne yarn? 96. Mention waste% of different stage of cotton processing 97. How will you analyze spectrogram? 98. Production of different processing machine
99. Prepare a table for spin plan of cotton and jute 100. What do you understand by the color grade 21-2? 101. Mention production of each machine 102. Mention draft of each machine 103. Mention waste% of each machine 104. Mention parameter (twist, count etc ) of yarn manufacturing 105. Discuss on auto leveler and controller hardness 106. What is open loop and close loop control? 107. What is ISO certification? 108. What is GSP? 109. What is statistical quality control? 110. What is Q95%, VL curve? 111. What is the function of Classimate, AFIS. HVI & Optical cleaner? 112. What is the principle of EYC? 113. What is the typical value of S, L, T setting? 114. What is Ring data and Sliver data? 115. What is meant by EXPERT SYSTEM? 116. Discussion on Uster Statistics 117. What is MIS? 118. Define terms OPS, Millitex, spinning strangle 119. Define terms Texturing, False twist and two for one twister 120. Mention flow chart from fiber to dyed fabric 121. What is the responsibility of a production officer? TEXTILE TESTING AND QUALITY CONTROL 1. What is quality, control, and quality control? 2. What is product control & process control with example? 3. How can govern quality control by Men, machine and material? 4. What is moisture regain &Moisture content? 5. What is the effect of RH% on the textile mills? 6. What is RH%? 7. Standard testing atmospheric condition 8. What is the importance of QC in textile sector? 9. Std moisture regain of cotton, PES, Nylon, Jute & Silk 10. What is correct invoice weight (CIW)? 11. What is Hysteria’s effect? 12. What is swelling? 13. Mention some instrument involved to measure RH% & MR%
14. Meaning of CSIRO: Common Wealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization 15. What is Tenacity? Average tenacity of cotton and jute fiber? 16. What is breaking length and breaking extension? 17. What is stress, strain, yield stress, yield strain and yield point? 18. What is elasticity, plasticity? 19. Mention some fiber strength testing instruments 20. What is fiber fineness? 21. What is the relation between maturity ratio and fiber fineness? 22. What types of fiber are found on the basis of maturity? 23. Mention the theoretical range of maturity ratio 24. What is count (definition given Textile institute)? 25. What is conditioned count? 26. What is the difference between direct and indirect counting system? 27. Mention some available count in direct and indirect system 28. Definition and relation of counting systems 29. Mention some available instruments to measure the yarn count 30. What term is used to express the fineness of fiber and yarn? 31. What is the system used for the fineness of fiber? 32. What is relation between yarn dia and count? 33. What is twist and why twist is inserted? 34. What is s twist and z twist? 35. What is the relation between TPI and count? 36. What is the effect of twist on fabric properties? 37. Mention some name of instruments to measure the amount of twist in yarn 38. How can you measure the fineness of fiber? 39. What is sampling and objects of sampling? 40. What is random and biased sampling? 41. Define drape and drape co-efficient 42. Explain WI 43. How can you improve crease resistance properties of a fabric? 44. Mention the name of the methods of water repellency testing 45. What are the points to be recommended for careful consideration in Bundesmann water repellency testing? 46. What are the expressions we use to measure textile irregularity? 47. What do you understand by “Periodic Variation”? 48. What is the principle of fabric thickness measurement?
49. What is the relationship between crimp% & take up%? 50. What do you mean by nep count? 51. Define the term fabric stiffness, drape co-efficient, serviceability and water permeability 52. Explain- C.R.L, C.R.E & C.R.T. 53. What are the properties to be considered for carpet grading? 54. What care should be done in sizing process? 55. How can you Asses the quality of a finished fabric? 56. Mention some mechanical faults in weaving? 57. What are the causes of loop length variation in weft knitting? 58. In place of 12kg of Hydrogen per oxide (35%)w/w , What would be the equivalent amount of 50% w/w ? 59. What do you mean by total hardness of water and what is the standard hardness of dye-house water? 60. How can you determine the presence of starch in the fabric? 61. What do you mean by EDTA? 62. Define cloth cover factor. 63. What is the relationship between the cloth cover & air permeability? 64. Explain TIV. Where it is used? 65. What do you mean by PPM? 66. Mention some process problems due to water hardness. 67. Is there any difference between air permeability & air porosity? 68. Define bending length. 69. What do you mean by yarn imperfection? 70. What do you mean by +50% thick place or –50% thin place? 71. Mention some uses of stroboscope & Tachometer. 72. Mention some uses of variance length curves. 73. Define tensile strength, tearing strength & bursting strength. 74. What are the causes of shade variation in exhausted dyeing? SPECIAL THANKS TO, • Khalid Faisal • • • Md. Mofidur Rahman Md. Hosenuzzaman PARAG (28 th batch)
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.