You are on page 1of 8

A 1930-BUILT OLD MUNICIPAL BUILDING (Escalante City) now turned

into a City Museum. It houses two galleries, archaeological and Ethnographic,
containing collections from the 21 Barangays. It also has a mini library with
around 900 book holdings.
ANCESTRAL HOUSE OF DR. SORIANO (Bacolod City) was constructed
in 1901, the house was made of hardwood with fine carvings; served as a
hospital during the Japanese occupation.
ANCESTRAL HOUSE OF GEN.
ANICETO LACSON (Talisay City) was constructed in the early 1880 using
Filipino-Chinese design with colonial Spanish influence. Gen. Lacson became
the first and only president of the Cantonal Republic of Negros in 1889 and
this house became the Malacañan Palace of the short-lived republic.
ANG
PAGHIMUD-OS OR “STRUGGLE” (Bacolod City) is a magnificent work of
art located at the east entrance of the Provincial Capitol Lagoon and Park by
the noted sculptor Eduardo Castrillo.
ARANETA AND LACSON
MONUMENTS (Bago City and Talisay) 22 kms. and 6 kms. from Bacolod
City, respectively; in memory of two great leaders of the Negros revolution.

BACOLOD PLAZA BANDSTAND (Bacolod City) was constructed in 1927 to
complement the cultural activities of the early Bacoleños on weekends.
Name of world-famous composers like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, and Wagner
are emblazoned at the top, a proof of the early Negrenses’ familiarity with
European culture.
Balay ni Tana Dicang

BALAY NI TANA DICANG (Talisay City) echoes the
lifestyle of a century ago and preserves the charm &
gentility that is a Talisaynon heritage. It was built in
1880 and was occupied by the Lizares family for 117
years.
Balay ni Tan Juan

BALAY NI TAN JUAN (Bago City) was built towards the
end of the 19th century. It was the residence of Gen Juan
A. Araneta. As a structure it witnessed the struggles of the
people in the dark years of the Hispanic colonization. It
was declared as a National Historical Landmark in 1978.

It is the only church in Negros that depicts Filipino liturgical arts. and broken pieces of glass in different colors. features the world renowned mural of a craggy-faced Christ done in psychedelic colors. ROSA (Murcia) was the site where Japanese soldiers’ surrendered to the American forces at the end of the World War II.BARANGAY STA. . mortar and pestle. A monument stands here marking this historic surrender. plows. It was patterned like a “salakot” and it can be found inside the farm owned by the Gaston Family. CHINESE TEMPLE (Bacolod City) is a symbol of Chinese influence in the culture of the province. The Chapel of Cartwheels CHAPEL OF CARTWHEELS (Manapla) is made of farm implements such as cartwheels. It is a perfect example of the affluent Filipino house of the late 19th to early 20th century. JOSEPH THE WORKER (Victorias City) is located at the heart of Victoria’s Milling Company compound. All items are authentic period pieces. Bernardino-Jalandoni House (Pink Museum) BERNARDINO-YSABEL JALANDONI MUSEUM (The Pink Museum) was built in 1908. Church of Joseph the Worker CHURCH OF ST. margaha sand.

FORT SAN JUAN (Bacolod City) was constructed in 1888 thru the initiative of Gobernadorcillo Don Ramon Pastor and served as the jail for prisoners during the Spanish era. and Malang among others are on display. MAGDALENE (Hinigaran) is one of the oldest churches in the country. from Bacolod City constructed in the early part of 1900’s where the remains of Fr. CITY IMMACULATE CONCEPCION (Escalante City) was originally intended as a Lady of Lourdes Shrine in 1967. EUSEBIO LOPEZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDING (Sagay City) served as the incarceration area of captured American pilots and soldiers during the World War II. .Mary Magdalene Church CHURCH OF ST. Fernando Cuenca and Gen Aniceto Lacson are being kept. CHURCH OF SAN NICOLAS DE TOLENTINO (Talisay City) is 7 kms. DIZON-RAMOS MUSEUM (Bacolod City) was built in 1950 and reflects the architecture of post war Bacolod. a half-hectare area in a peaceful barangay near the Poblacion known as “Holy City. The church was said to have a bell made of silver and gold weighing 480 kg. Lorenzo.” It has native cottages to provide accommodation for retreats and similar religious activities. built in 1858. To date. Nearby is a holy Rosary Garden featuring the 15 mysteries and a chapel. After the Negros Revolution in 1898. FOUNTAIN OF JUSTICE (Bacolod City) is the site where the Capitulation of Bacolod was signed between the Spanish authorities and the revolutionary forces. 36 Spanish friars were ordered incarcerated. the fort serves as the Provincial Jail along gatuslao Street. Artworks by famous artists such as Ocampo. a blend of neo-classical and modern.

INSTITUTO RIZAL (Bacolod City) First public school established in Bacolod in 1902. Magalona) was built in memory of the heroes of “Guintabuan.” an event about the struggle of the local revolutionaries who opposed American rule after the fall of Spain. 1945. It is a repository of the private art collection of Ramon H. the images of the saints and the altar pieces are a collage of 30. from Bacolod City is the first house in the city to be opened to visitors.B. Together with Filipino guerillas. authentic period furniture. Clara Chapel. books. from Bacolod City where the Circulo de Agriculture. Rizal and Hidalgo. GUINTABUAN MARKER (E. NEGROS MUSEUM (Bacolod City) is a unique historical and humanities museum which does not collect antiquities but stories about Negros as the . Hofileña. they drove the enemy forces away from the Negros Island. typical example of a “sugar baron’s mansion”. HDA FE. It was in Sitio Guintabuan where expeditionary fighters from Iloilo met with the local forces to engage the American soldiers. The exhibit includes the work of top artists in the country. from Bacolod City. It showcases the significance of the area’s history and people’s valor.Balay Negrense GASTON FARM HOUSE (Silay City) 15 kms. 000 Philippine shells. Stations of the cross. a local version of the Virgin Mary made of 95. MURAL OF BIRHEN SG BARANGAY (Sta. HOFILEÑA ANCESTRAL HOUSE (Silay City) 15 kms. a planters organization formed to undertake an anti-locust campaign. ANCESTRAL HOUSE OF DON EUSEBIO URIARTE Y HERMANOS (La Carlota City) is 42 kms. GREEN BEACH LIBERATION STONE MARKER (Pulupandan) was the site of the historic landing of American Liberation Forces in this town without any opposition nor bloodshed in the dawn of March 29. converted into a museum and known today as the “Balay Negrense”.000 pieces of polished shells. and paintings done by Luna. Bacolod City) features a large mural mosaic of Barangay Sang Birhen.

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE (Valladolid) was founded in 1851 by the Recollect Missionaries and reputed to be the biggest in the province. served as a garrison when the town became the capital of Negros in 1795. Adjacent to the bridge is the World War II Veterans Memorial Marker installed during the 50th anniversary of the Liberation of Negros. . Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage OUR LADY OF PEACE AND GOOD VOYAGE (La Carlota City) is a century-old church located at the heart of the city.“Sugar Bowl of the Philippines” and displays of miniature dolls from different countries. It has the distinction of being one of the very few churches of Romanesque architectural design in the region. It is open Tuesday to Sunday. from Bacolod City. Patag. The bridge played a crucial role during the battle for the liberation of Negros Island against the Japanese imperial forces. Silay. traversing the wide river of Bago between the Poblacion and the Bago Ma-ao crossing. Silay City PATAG VALLEY (Silay City) is a small village at the foot of historic Mt. It was the last stronghold of the Japanese forces towards the end of WWII. OLD BAGO BRIDGE (Bago City) is a steel span of 650 feet long and 40 feet above the water. OLD FORT AT HIMAMAYLAN (Himamaylan) 83 kms.

B. Bacolod City PROVINCIAL CAPITOL BUILDING (Bacolod City) is an imposing structure of Romanesque neoclassical architectural design. It is presently the official seat of the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental. It was constructed in the early 1900’s and is where the remains of Fr. respectively. from Bacolod City. “The Risen Christ” by national artist. served as headquarters of the Japanese Imperial Army during World War II. This structure is made of coral stones from Guimaras. REVOLUTIONARY MARKERS (Bago and Silay City and E. the place can be seen from the highway secured with wrought-iron gates and shaded with big trees. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. commemorate the spots where local revolutionaries fought against Spanish authorities during the Negros revolution of 1898 and the American forces later. Magalona) 22 kms. It also features an altar sculpture. SAN ANTONIO ABAD CHURCH (Bacolod City) is a crown-shaped church featuring the Stations of the Cross done by Bacolod’s top artists. SAN SEBASTIAN CATHEDRAL (Bacolod City) It was originally a small chapel which became a cathedral in 1933. Solomon Saprid. Aniceto Lacson are kept.Provincial Capitol. Standing in the midst of a sprawling plantation. It was designed by the Italian architect Lucio Bernasconi and has a dome that resembles St. San Diego Pro-Cathedral SAN DIEGO PRO-CATHEDRAL (Silay City) is one of the most beautiful modern-day churches in the country and the only Pro-Cathedral outside Manila. Fernando Cuenca and Gen. and 15 kms. SAN NICOLAS DE TOLENTINO OF TALISAY (Talisay City) is 7 kilometers from Bacolod City. . RODRIGUEZ ANCESTRAL HOUSE (La Carlota City) was built in early 1900’s and was occupied by the Japanese Imperial Army in 1941.

Michael the Archangel Church ST. it is located in front of Bago City Public Plaza. St. Francis of Assisi Church Ruins ST. It was built as part of the mission of the Augustinian Recollects in the late 19th century. THE HOUSE OF DON MARIANO RAMOS (Bacolod City) Ancestral home of the late Don Mariano Ramos. first appointed Presidente Municipal of Bacolod. St. JOHN THE BAPTIST CATHOLIC CHURCH (Bago City) is one of the century’s old edifices found in Negros Occidental using a Mexican architecture.SPANISH KOTA (FORTRESS) (Himamaylan City) is one of the two Spanish forts in the province. Michael the archangel. FRANCIS OF ASSISI CHURCH RUINS (ESCALANTE CITY) is classified as historical structure by the NHI. it features the life-sized religious statues depicting th 14 Stations of the Cross and the miraculous statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. STA. Built in 1891 at the time of Father Juan Pineda. ST. Silverio Eusebio in the late 1960’s. a reminder of Himamaylan as the former seat of governance during the Spanish Rule (1795-1849) in Negros Island. St. . It features the town’s protector. MICHAEL ARCHANGEL CHURCH (Pontevedra) is a typical old gothic and baroque Spanish mission church with a sense of muted elegance. ANA GROTTO (San Carlos City) was built by Atty.

YULO ANCESTRAL HOUSE (Bacolod City) is by the sea. WW II Memorial Wall WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL WALL (CADIZ CITY) is a monument that figured prominently in the liberation of Negros from the Japanese Imperial Forces. Vito every Friday as part of their religious promise. Mayor of Bacolod at the coming of the World War II. Devotees flock to the shrine of San Vicente de Ferrer in Brgy. VITO CHURCH (Sagay City) was established during the religious administration of Recollect Friars in the mid-1850’s.The Ruins THE RUINS OF DON MARIANO LACSON ANCESTRAL HOUSE (Talisay City) was built in the early 1900’s using Neo-Roman architectural design. . sand. It serves as a tribute to the WWII veterans. built in the early part of 1900’s. and gravel were used during its constructions. Oversized steel bars and solid concrete mixture of cement. residence of Don Alfredo Yulo.

Related Interests