This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• • • •
Raise Your Vote Overview Using Technology to Make Voting and Registration Easier Social Network Outreach Robust Offline Program
DNC and OFA are launching groundbreaking voter registration and education website – Raise Your Vote
• RaiseYourVote.com is Party’s first-ever comprehensive voting information and registration hub • Builds on the work we did in the 2008 Campaign • Part of the largest organizing operation in history of the Party for a midterm election
Raise Your Vote is a key component of the $50 million VOTE 2010 Program that will impact all 50 states
1 Issue Organizing
• Promote successes, support new initiatives • Conducted through electoral lens • • • • • • • • • First Time 2008 Voters Voter Registration and Education Energizing the Base: Constituency Outreach, Programs Direct Communication with President Obama New Media and Technology Voter Protection Targeting and Data Training Early Vote
2 Electoral Organizing
• Recruit and train Volunteer capacity • Develop technology and training tools
Raise Your Vote uses technology to make voting and registration easier
• Personalized to the user’s location, so a Cincinnati resident would be directed to Ohio-specific information and links • Personalized info includes: registration form, deadlines, election dates, early vote rules, ID requirements, student and military options • “Widgetizable” so anyone can embed it as a widget on their own website
Outreach will integrate social networking to pass along information and encourage registration
• With growing number of Americans spending time and getting news online, RaiseYourVote.com makes it as easy as possible to register to vote • Incorporates targeted online advertising – on sites like but not limited to Latina.com, BlackPlanet.com, BET.com, Migente.com, YELP.com, Daily Candy • Will make it easy for supporters to spread the word in their communities using social networks
Online program will supplement DNC and OFA’s offline grassroots organizing in all 50 states
Built grassroots organization in all 50 states
• Volunteers pledged over 10M hours to support candidates • Will work to motivate First Time 2008 voters and key constituencies • Will be trained on important statespecific rules and regulations
Volunteers will use proven tactics and new ideas to engage voters
• Registration will be key component of voter contact through canvasses, phone calls, events, and trainings • Targeted programs will connect with key constituencies, such as on-campus registration tables for students • National Days of Action will highlight program in key areas
All activities in this presentation will be subject to state and/or federal law.
Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, 430 South Capitol SE, Washington DC 20003. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.