This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Exposing and generating leads on your own myspace!
With more than one billion people logging on daily to myspace, what better way to start making friends and generating interest in your business. From musicians to artists to photographers, to general people and even health groups and business groups, you name it groups and it is on myspace! Drive traffic to your myspace page by going into groups and forums, create your own groups and forums, and reply to other people’s messages in groups and forums. You can message people you don’t even know and introduce yourself, tell them about you and what you are doing. The main idea is to expose your myspace page and the information on it to everyone! Add friends and built relationships with them is the key. We had somebody who had never set up a myspace before use these instructions in this document and it didn’t take them any more than 10 minutes. View our myspace page! You can view James and Jessica’s myspace for an idea of what you can do with yours. Just go to the following link: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=221538256 Your myspace URL doesn’t have to be as long as this (we are just still thinking of a name for ours), you are able to change it by going to the home section and “pick your myspace name/URL”. Eventually it will be a tiny URL such as: www.myspace.com/(and whatever you decide to name your myspace here).
1. Go to www.myspace.com First sign up as a member (membership is free). 2. As soon as you sign up you will receive a confirmation email to the email address you supplied, remember to activate this as soon as you receive it as it allows you to begin adding and accepting friend requests and send messages. 3. Click on the home link which will take you to the page you can access the links that allow you to edit your profile and insert any information (which you will be guided through in section B. (note that everyone has their own page like this, and no one can see your own- this is the page). This is your main page that will always come up as soon as you log in where you access to go in and set up your site. Also on this page is where you will be notified of any new messages, friend requests or comments which will all pop up above your inbox link.
4. To insert information onto your profile you go to the edit profile link which is on the top
left side of the page under your myspace name. Once you click that link (edit profile) you will come to a page where you are able to edit your interests and personality information and insert any other extra information that you like. You can always come back and delete or add extra info whenever you like. 5. So let’s get started and set your myspace up! To keep it simple, and so it is like the example you see on our pages, in the edit profile section, we will only be working in the sections “about me” and “interests” (any information you type in the section interests actually comes under the title of “general” on your page that people can view). Note that the interest/general section will always appear on the left side of your page which you can see on ours; all of our videos appear on the left side of our page and about us appears on the right side of the page. 6. Firstly, type in about yourself in the “about me section” To give you ideas check out Greg’s myspace page from the US by clicking or pasting in the following link:
To create a new line when you are writing information in these sections you always need to put the code <br> which simply means new line. Remember to always save all changes (simply click the link “save all changes”) you might have made in the edit profile section; you will lose any information you have updated if you do not do this. To see what your page is looking like you can go to the top right side of your edit profile page and click the “view my profile” link. To return to the edit profile page you can either go back one page or click the “home” link and once again go to “edit profile”. 7. Now that you have all about you on your page let’s get the video links onto your left side of your page. In the edit profile section and under the Interests section simply copy and paste in the following coding in red into your interest section. (If you do not know how to copy and past just highlight all of the red coding with your mouse and right click and go to copy and then go to the interests section and right click again but this time click paste and all of the coding should be there). Remember to save all changes once you have inserted the code.
If you love someone spend seven minutes of your time watching this video: <br> <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/j41DH9xUGmU"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j41DH9xUGmU" /> </object> <br> <br> <br>Meet the worlds most sought after trainer Dani Johnson, and see how you as a home based buisness owner can succeed with this home based buisness. <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyffUKivSuw"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyffUKivSuw" /> </object> <br> <br> 95% of the population take home 5% of the money, the remaining 5% of people take home 95%. Kiyosaki explains here how you can become one of the 5%. <br> <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/hp2o8Vnd9HM"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hp2o8Vnd9HM" /> </object> <br> <br> The Secret (wealthy peoples secret is out) <br> <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/p768qBPXt2w"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p768qBPXt2w" /> </object>
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE LAYOUT/COLOUR
This section is so you can create a background and colour on your profile (changing fonts, sizes and colours). 1. Go to the website http://mygen.co.uk/ From here you can either go to “profile editor” where you will make your own layout/customize colours ect from scratch or you can go to “layouts” which already has pre made layouts and all you need to do is get the coding and paste it into your about me section. I am going to show you how to create your own background and colours for your layout ect from scratch. 2. Click on the “profile editor” link and you will see the following tabs: Background, tables, text, scrollbar (you don’t really need to worry about this one, it is just an option to change the colour and look of the scroll bar that appears on your page) and other. 3. Firstly you need to click the background tab, you can choose a colour for your background or if you would like a image as the background you need to get the url for it and place it in the background image URL section. 4. Next click on the tables tab, here you can customise the tables that appear on your page (like on our page we have white tables with a black border that is 1xp (very thin). 5. Now click on text, and here you can modify different areas to be changed, you can alter their font style, colour and size. All you need to do is go through and individually modify each. You don’t necessarily have to do this is will be fine if you leave it standard. 6. Finally, go to the tab titled other, and go down to the “finished? Click the "generate” link which is in a little grey box. 7. Now scroll back up the page and you will see some coding that you need to copy and paste into your “about me section”. Remember to save all changes and now view your profile and it should be modified as you made it!
1. To upload photos into your picture section you click the Upload/Change photos link which is under the edit profile link. 2. Go to the “upload photos” link and here you can browse through pictures on your computer, once you have chosen a picture you would like to upload, simply double click on it and the titled of the picture should show up. 3. You now need to click next and then upload. 4. Once it has finished upload, click next again and now you can add a caption if you like which will show up under the picture. Once you are done editing the picture you can vide the pictures from your page by going home, then clicking profile which is under your profile picture and go to the pics link which once again is under the picture on your myspace page.
If you have any profiles there is a forum on myspace where people go to help each other with any problems they are having with their page or coding or anything at all! To go to these forums you need to go to the forum link which is along the line of the home link up top, from here go down till you see myspace and click on that link. Or you can simply go to the following link : http://forums.myspace.com/s/2.aspx?fuseaction=forums.viewsubforum “Customizing” and “General” are two different groups where people go in and discuss any problems they are having and someone will always reply so if you have any problems don’t hesitate to ask for help here. This is also another link that you will find in the customizing group, here you will fins some general instructions on things such as - putting images on your profile - putting a link in your profile - changing the background of your profile Plus many more. http://forums.myspace.com/t/2249064.aspx?fuseaction=forums.viewthread
ADVANCED- LEARNING SOME CODING
(Note: you do not need to know how to do this- it is optional). If you would like to have the built in links in the section about you like the example below here are some simple instructions on how to do that.
1. Go to the following link http://www.mygen.co.uk/ 2. Click on the “Generators” link at the top of the page which will lead you to My Gen Generators. 3. Go down the page to where it and says “Content Creator” click this link and you will see this.
On this page is where you will create the coding for the links to put on your myspace page.
4. You may have anything linked from your page, for example. If you would like a link to your website you could simply write: Check out my website here (as seen below): Note that you may have anything written it will depend on the link that you are supplying, as an example your chosen 4u link or you may just want a link of a video you have seen so you could write ‘check out this video here’ or if you have a page where people can contact you on ‘contact me on this page here’ an example your USANA e-mail like we have done (these are only examples).
5. Once you type in what you would like, highlight the word “here” (or which ever word it is that you want people to be able to click on and it link to a certain web page) as seen above. To create the link go to the insert link which is circled in red below:
6. Now you will see this and you need to type in the address of what you are linking in the section titled address (which has been circled in red):
Once you have typed in the web address of what you are linking, click ok. You will now see that the word you have linked will now be blue. As you can see I have linked the word “here” so now it is blue like so:
7. To get the coding onto your page click generate HTML code which is down the bottom of the page in blue, and simply highlight the coding and paste it on your page in the about me section where you would like it to go. And you’re done! .