You are on page 1of 3

Friday around 3pm Tevin Evans and Maryssa Evans took Kameron Evans to the hospital because he 

wasn’t feel good.  

While at the St. Marks Hospital on 54th s and 32nd w the doctor saw our son and gave him a dose of 
saline to help him breathe better. She also ran test for the flu and came back and let us know that he did 
not have the flu but for sure had RSV. We asked her questions but she keep assuring us that he would be 
fine. Her exact words were “he is the healthiest baby with RSV I have ever seen.” She said we can take 
him home but to watch his breathing and if he turns white and is not eating or breathing very well bring 
him back in. 

We take him home and he eats a little but still doesn’t look any better. Maryssa sits in the bathroom a 
few times that night with the hot water running to help steam the room per the doctors to help 
Kameron breathe better.  

The next morning Kameron looks very pale and looks like he is struggling to breathe. Tevin and Richard 
took him to the same St. Marks to get checked on. The thought was the already seen him and will know 
what to do since we were here just yesterday. 

When we get there, there was nobody at the front desk so we waited for about 15 minutes before 
somebody came out.  

We were taken back and the nurse guy put Kameron on the machine to get his vitals and right away 
noticed he wasn’t doing good so he moved us to trauma room 6.  

They then tried to get an IV in him but couldn’t get it. They poked both is arms, both his legs, and his 
forehead before going back to the right arm and finally getting it in.  

Then they tried to get a saline drip going. This is about the time they start getting more nurses coming in 
for help and called Primary childrens for an EMT transport.  

The EMT showed up about 10‐15 minutes later and started leading the scene and telling everybody 
what to do. 

While they were trying to get his Oxygen levels back up to stable levels they kept trying to get a 
breathing tube in Kameron’s body to ensure stable Oxygen levels. 

They were not able to get the tube in. the Main EMT and the hospital doctor tried multiple times but 
were not able to get it in. They told us it is because of his anatomy.  

This is when they decide to give him ketamine to sedate him because Kameron was crying and fidgeting.  

After giving him that medicine, they kept trying to get the breathing tube in and called for a helicopter 

The helicopter got there about 20‐30 minutes later and by that time there were still trying to get the 
breathing tube in Kameron. A little after the helicopter got there Kameron stopped breathing on his own 
so they started do chest compressions and pumping air into his mouth to breathe for him. This whole 
time nobody told Maryssa or Tevin what was happening but they knew something was wrong by the 
 They did chest compressions and breathed for him for 53 minutes before the main EMT guy came over 
to us and told us that in his time as an EMT he has never seen anybody comeback from over 45 minutes 
of CPR. He then said our son Kameron was not going to make it. Maryssa and Tevin were devastated and 

Maryssa and Tevin then told everybody to leave and they sat with their son for 2‐3 hours. Both Traci and 
Shawnda showed up and grieved with them in the trauma room 6 for the 2‐3 hours. 

We then asked the hospital what happens now and they said they would have somebody come get him. 
Tevin and Maryssa didn’t want to leave his side until somebody came to get him but they never came so 
Tevin, Maryssa, Shawnda, and Traci got ready to go and said their last goodbyes.  

As they were walking out the hositpal police officer said we had to wait their to give a statement to the 
WVC police officers because we lived in WVC.  

Shwanda went home and Traci, Tevin and Maryssa were escorted to the employee breakroom to wait.  

After waiting for about 15‐20 minutes longer and being next to the room where their son had just died it 
was to much for Tevin and Maryssa and they told the hospital they were leaving and that an officer 
could come to Maryssa home.  

We drove home and as we got home Tevin went in to hold his kids and cry and Maryssa barely made it 
in the house and sat on the couch in front of the front door and cried with her father.  

About 10‐15 minutes later a knock comes to the door. Ricardo the owner of the house answered it and 
yelled at the officers and slammed the door. He was still distraught from losing a grandson and seeing 
his daughter heartbroken. 

After slamming the door, the officer kicked the door twice and the second kick opened the door. 
Maryssa and Richard were the only ones down stairs by the door at the time.  

The officer then walks in and starts trying to grab Richard. Richard walked up the stairs and the officer 
Christensen followed. While walking up the stair, Richard walked around Tevin but the officer pushed 
Tevin up the stairs and Tevin almost fell over. The officer puts Richard in cuffs.  

Then the officer went to grab Tevin who was at the top of the stairs and never came down. Tevin did not 
let him put him in hand cuffs and the officer kept pulling on Tevin telling him to get down.  

Traci put her hand on Tevin(Her son) and said to the officer that “he didn’t do anything.” That is when 
the officer slammed his hand over Traci’s forearm for no apparent reason and tried to pull Tevin again.  

At that time, Tevin dropped his phone since he was recording the whole thing and pushed the officer 
into the wall. Since the officer had pulled at the same time as Tevin pushed the officer went towards the 
wall aster then normal. The officer then takes a step back to pull Tevin down but takes a step down 
stairs and has a hold of Tevin by his hoodie and takes him down the stairs with him. The officer pulled 
Tevin;s hoodie over his head on the way down and Tevin lands on the officer and rolls off.  

The second officer comes over and puts his knee into tevins back and reaches for his gun but Maryssa 
who was down by the front door the whole time jumps on Tevin and pleads with the officer to not shoot 
and the officer takes his hand off the gun and pulls his taser.  
Tevin is face down with one officer on his torso and Maryssa on his legs. Officer Christiansen gets up and 
pushes Maryssa off Tevin and grabs Tevin’s arm and twists it very aggressively and says “You messed up, 
your going to jail now.” And arrests Tevin. While he is putting handcuffs on Tevin Traci say to the cop “ I 
saw you twist Tevin’s arm, that was unnecessary. Why did you do that?” 

The cop tells Traci to get back and shut up and then pulls his pepper spray out and pepper sprays Traci 
and Richard at the stairs. Then he takes Tevin and hands him off to another cop on the front porch and 
Tevin gets put in a car with his hoodie half off and over his head with a twisted arm and in pain. 

Then officer Christiansen goes back in the house and puts Ricardo Jr and Traci in cuffs and throws them 
on the couch.  

By that time almost the whole WVC police force was at the house and everyone was calming down. 

The news showed up and Richard said that he was going to tell his story and the cop took him straight to 
the car so that he couldn’t say anything.  

A few minutes later Traci, Ricardo sr and jr were let out of handcuffs once the officers got the story of 
what happened and Tevin was taken to jail.