You are on page 1of 3

Hanley Castle Parish Council

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Thursday, 21st February 2019 at Hanley
Swan Village Hall at 19:00.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Sarah Darwent, Sue Adeney

Alison Bolton, Alex Walker, Wendy Roberts-Powell

Apologies: DCllr Mike Morgan, Peter Goodyear (PPW) Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk)

In Attendance: Lesley Smith, Steve Gogerty, Bob Lamb, DCllr Andrea Morgan

15/19 Welcome & Apologies The Chairman welcomed all present to the February
Meeting of the Parish Council and said it would be a short meeting followed by a
workshop for the Councillors on the adopted Neighbourhood Plan.
The Chairman accepted the apologies submitted.

16/19 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated
their register of interests and sent them to the Monitoring Officer at MHDC.
b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their
nature: None declared
c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:
None received
d) To consider and agree all requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a
Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011) – None received

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters

relating to the Parish.
There were no matters raised.

17/19 Minutes: The Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th January 2019 had been
previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

18/19 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the
a) Community Orchard – The transfer documents had been received and the details
were read out at the meeting. It was noted that there were covenants on the land as
 Not to use the property other than as an Open Space within the meaning of
Section 326 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990
 With the persons named in the schedule, not to construct on the property any
building or structure save for any that might reasonably be required ancillary to
the use of the Property as an orchard, or other open space
A proposed declaration by Mrs Mortimer regarding access was also read out and noted:
there was no access rights on the title and prescriptive right are therefore relied on.
The meeting agreed to the transfer and two councillors would sign the TR1 form.
The Parish Council’s solicitor had suggested taking out indemnity insurance both No
Search Indemnity at £95 and Access and Restrictive Covenant at £168. Councillors
questioned the cover provided and suggested getting further quotes.
ACTION: Two councillors to sign the transfer document. Cllr Roberts to
investigate insurance further. Cllr Darwent to contact the Community Orchard
Committee to see if they have funds to contribute to the costs.
b) Cemex – Cllr Darwent had attended a CEMEX meeting and reported that the
planning application for the extension of the workings to accommodate the rowing lake
was imminent.

c) Defibrilators – Cllr Bolton reported on a meeting regarding defibrillators. It was
reported that the Phone Box had been formally adopted and that the Anne Ballinger
money was available for the project; that Cllr Darwent would arrange for the
refurbishment and the painting of the box and that Graham Holmes could go ahead
with the ordering and installation of the defibrillator.
ACTION: Cllr Bolton to inform Graham Holmes of the decision. Cllr Darwent to
arrange the work on the box.

19/19 Finance:
a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the
presented schedule in Appendix 1.
b) Notification of receipts received: None Received
c) Internet Banking: The Clerk said she was going to continue to investigate setting up
internet banking capability for the Parish Council.
ACTION: The Clerk to contact Lloyds Bank

20/19 Planning:
a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:
None Received

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received

between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting: None

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date: - Certificate of Lawfulness for

extension at the Incinerator.

d) Details of enforcement action: None taken

e) Details of Appeal Notices Received: None received

21/19 Highway Matters

a) ) Road Safety Matters– The email from Hannah Davies had been received by the
Road Safety Group and was noted.
b) Lenghsman – The Lengthsman had worked on the Crosshands path but it really
needed further work.
ACTION – ALL Please email Cllr Bolton with any issues requiring the
Lengthsman’s attention.
It was noted the Lengthsman cannot work in 60mph areas therefore there needed to be
another solution for the path to the Three Counties
ACTION – The Clerk to report issues of the path to Three Counties to highways

22/19 Neighbourhood Development Plan – Councillor Workshop would be held

following the meeting. The letter from David Clarke with the formal decision on the NHP
was noted.

23/19 Correspondence
a) MHDC Property Marking Event – The email from MHDC was noted and passed to the
Café Market for possible inclusion at one of their events.

24/19 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners – None


25/19 Councillors reports and items for future agenda: No items identified

26/19 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting: 21st March 2019.

Signed ……………………………… Date: 21st March 2019

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 21st February 2019

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

Payee Reason Chq no. Amount £

Rebecca Abunassar January Clerk duties 1439 422.20
Pete Saunston Lengthsman’s[[5 Duties 1440 462.00
Total 884.00

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 21st February 2019



You might also like