This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Answer Sheet No. : ......................................................
(To be filled by the Candidate)
(In figures as per admission card)
D8 7 0 4
Time : 1¼ hours]
Number of Pages in this Booklet : 8
1. 2. 3.
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS
Test Booklet No. [Maximum Marks : 100
Number of Questions in this Booklet : 50
Instructions for the Candidates
Write your roll number in the space provided on the top of this page and also on the Answer Sheet given inside this booklet. This paper consists of fifty multiple-choice type of questions. At the commencement of examination, the question booklet will be given to you. In the first 5 minutes, you are requested to open the booklet and compulsorily examine it as below : (i) To have access to the Question Booklet, tear off the paper seal on the edge of this cover page. Do not accept a booklet without sticker-seal and do not accept an open booklet. (ii) Tally the number of pages and number of questions in the booklet with the information printed on the cover page. Faulty booklets due to pages/questions missing or duplicate or not in serial order or any other discrepancy should be got replaced immediately by a correct booklet from the invigilator within the period of 5 minutes. Afterwards, neither the question booklet will be replaced nor any extra time will be given. (iii) After this verification is over, the Serial No. of the booklet should be entered in the Answer-sheets and the Serial No. of Answer Sheet should be entered on this Booklet. Each item has four alternative responses marked (A), (B), (C) and (D). You have to darken the oval as indicated below on the correct response against each item. Example : 5.
A B C D
ÂÚUèÿææçÍüØô¢ ·ð¤ çÜ° çÙÎðüàæ
1. ÂãÜðU ÂëDU ·ð¤ ª¤ÂÚU çÙØÌ SÍæÙ ÂÚU ÌÍæ §â ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·ð¤ ¥ÎÚU çÎØð »Øð ©æÚU
Âæ·¤ ÂÚU ¥ÂÙæ ÚUôÜU ÙÕÚU çÜç¹°Ð
2. §â ÂýàÙ-Âæ ×ð¢ Â¿æâ Õãéçß·¤ËÂèØ ÂýàÙ ãñ¢Ð 3. ÂÚUèÿææ ÂýæÚUÖ ãôÙð ÂÚU, ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¥æÂ·¤ô Îð Îè ÁæØð»èÐ ÂãÜðU ÂUæ¡¿ ç×ÙÅU
¥æÂ·¤ô ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¹ôÜÙð ÌÍæ ©â·¤è çÙÙçÜç¹Ì Áæ¡¿ ·ð¤ çÜ° çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ð çÁâ·¤è Áæ¡¿ ¥æÂ·¤ô ¥ßàØ ·¤ÚUÙè ãñ Ñ
ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¹ôÜÙð ·ð¤ çÜ° ©â·ð¤ ·¤ßÚU ÂðÁ¤ÂÚU Ü»è ·¤æ»Á ·¤è âèÜ ·¤ô È¤æÇ¸U Üð¢UÐ ¹éÜè ãé§ü Øæ çÕÙæ SÅUè·¤ÚU-âèÜU ·¤è ÂéçSÌ·¤æ Sßè·¤æÚU Ù ·¤Úð¢UÐ
·¤ßÚU ÂëDU ÂÚU ÀUÂð çÙÎðüàææÙéâæÚU ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·ð¤ ÂëDU ÌÍæ ÂýàÙô¢ ·¤è â¢Øæ ·¤ô ¥ÀUè ÌÚUã ¿ñ·¤ ·¤ÚU Üð¢U ç·¤ Øð ÂêÚðU ãñ¢UÐ ÎôáÂêæü ÂéçSÌ·¤æ çÁÙ×ð¢ ÂëDU / ÂýàÙ ·¤× ãô¢ Øæ ÎéÕæÚUæ ¥æ »Øð ãô¢ Øæ âèçÚUØÜU ×ð¢ Ù ãô¢ ¥ÍæüÌ ç·¤âè Öè Âý·¤æÚU ·¤è æéçÅUÂêæü ÂéçSÌ·¤æ Sßè·¤æÚU Ù ·¤Úð¢U ÌÍæ ©âè â×Ø ©âð ÜUõÅUæ·¤ÚU ©â·ð¤ SÍæÙ ÂÚU ÎêâÚUè âãè ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ Üð Üð¢Ð U §â·ð¤ çÜ° ¥æÂ·¤ô Âæ¡¿ ç×ÙÅU çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ðÐ ©â·ð¤ ÕæÎ Ù Ìô ¥æÂ·¤è ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ßæÂâ Üè ÁæØð»è ¥õÚU Ù ãè ¥æÂ·¤ô ¥çÌçÚUQ¤ â×Ø çÎØæ ÁæØð»æÐ
·¤Úð¢U ¥UõÚU ©æÚU-Âæ·¤ ·¤è R¤×¤â¢Øæ §â ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ÂÚU ¥¢ç·¤Ì ·¤ÚU ÎðÐ ¢
(iii) §â Áæ¡¿ ·ð¤ ÕæÎ ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·¤è R¤× â¢Øæ ©æÚU-Âæ·¤ ÂÚU ¥¢ç·¤Ì
4. ÂýØð·¤ ÂýàÙ ·ð¤ çÜ° ¿æÚU ©æÚU çß·¤ËÂ (A), (B), (C) ÌÍæ (D) çÎØð »Øð ãñ¢Ð
¥æÂ·¤ô âãè ©æÚU ·ð¤ Îèæüßëæ ·¤ô ÂðÙ âð ÖÚU·¤ÚU ·¤æÜæ ·¤ÚUÙæ ãñ Áñâæ ç·¤ Ùè¿ð çÎ¹æØæ »Øæ ãñÐ
ÁÕç·¤ (C) âãè ©æÚU ãñÐ
5. ÂýàÙô¢ ·ð¤ ©æÚU ·ð¤ßÜU ÂýàÙ Âæ I ·ð¤ ¥ÎÚU çÎØð »Øð ©æÚU-Âæ·¤ ÂÚU ãè ¥¢ç·¤Ì
where (C) is the correct response. Your responses to the items are to be indicated in the Answer Sheet given inside the Paper I booklet only. If you mark at any place other than in the ovals in the Answer Sheet, it will not be evaluated. 6. Read instructions given inside carefully. 7. Rough Work is to be done in the end of this booklet. 8. If you write your name or put any mark on any part of the test booklet, except for the space allotted for the relevant entries, which may disclose your identity, you will render yourself liable to disqualification. 9. You have to return the test question booklet to the invigilators at the end of the examination compulsorily and must not carry it with you outside the Examination Hall. 10. Use only Blue/Black Ball point pen. 11. Use of any calculator or log table etc., is prohibited. 12. There is NO negative marking.
·¤ÚUÙð ãñ¢Ð ØçÎ ¥æÂ ©æÚU Âæ·¤ ÂÚU çÎØð »Øð Îèæüßëæ ·ð¤ ¥Üæßæ ç·¤âè ¥Ø SÍæÙ ÂÚU ©æÚU ç¿ãæ¢ç·¤Ì ·¤ÚUÌð ãñ, Ìô ©â·¤æ ×êËUØæ¢·¤Ù Ùãè¢ ãô»æÐ
6. ¥ÎÚU çÎØð »Øð çÙÎðüàæô¢ ·¤ô ØæÙÂêßü·¤ ÂÉ¸ð¢UÐ 7. ·¤ææ ·¤æ× (Rough Work) §â ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·ð¤ ¥çÌ× ÂëDU ÂÚU ·¤Úð¢UÐ 8. ØçÎ ¥æÂ ©æÚU-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ÂÚU ¥ÂÙæ Ùæ× Øæ °ðâæ ·¤ô§ü Öè çÙàææÙ çÁââð ¥æÂ·¤è
Âã¿æÙ ãô â·ð¤, ¤ç·¤âè Öè Öæ» ÂÚU ÎàææüÌð Øæ ¥¢ç·¤Ì ·¤ÚUÌð ãñ¢ Ìô ÂÚUèÿææ ·ð¤ çÜØð ¥ØôØ æôçáÌ ·¤ÚU çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ðÐ
9. ¥æÂ·¤ô ÂÚUèÿææ â×æ# ãôÙð ¤ÂÚU ©æÚU-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ çÙÚUèÿæ·¤ ×ãôÎØ ·¤ô ÜUõÅUæÙæ
¥æßàØ·¤ ãñ ¥õÚU ÂÚUèÿææ â×æç# ·ð¤ ÕæÎ ¥ÂÙð âæÍ ÂÚUèÿææ ÖßÙ âð ÕæãÚU Ù Üð·¤ÚU ÁæØð¢Ð
·ð¤ßÜ ÙèÜð / ·¤æÜð ÕæÜU ßæ§ZÅU ÂñÙ ·¤æ ãè §SÌð×æÜ ·¤Úð¢UÐ ç·¤âè Öè Âý·¤æÚU ·¤æ â¢»æ·¤ (·ñ¤Ü·é¤ÜðÅUÚU) UØæ Üæ» ÅðUÕÜ ¥æçÎ ·¤æ ÂýØô» ßçÁüÌ ãñÐ 12. »ÜÌ ©æÚU ·ð¤ çÜ° ¥¢·¤ Ùãè¢ ·¤æÅðU ÁæØð¢»ðÐ
7. AVA5A is called : (A) Identity law (C) Idempotant law (B) (D) De Morgans law Complement law 2. If f (x)5x11 and g(x)5x13 then f 0 f 0 f 0 f is : (A) g (B) g11 (D) None of the above (C) g4 The context-free languages are closed for : (i) Intersection (ii) (iii) Complementation (iv) then (A) (i) and (iv) (B) (C) (ii) and (iv) (D) Union Kleene Star (i) and (iii) (ii) and (iii) 3. D8704 . 4. Attempt all of them. 7 (iii) 1. 8. 6 then (A) (i) and (ii) (B) (iii) and (iv) (C) (iii) and (ii) (D) (ii) and (iv) If Im denotes the set of integers modulo m. 4. then : (A) it draws low current (B) it does not draw any current (C) it draws very high current (D) it presents a low impedance An example of a connective which is not associative is : (A) AND (B) OR (C) EX-OR (D) NAND 2 5. 1. 5 (ii) 3. The following lists are the degrees of all the vertices of a graph : (i) 1. 3. 4. 5. 4. each question carrying two (2) marks. 5. (iii) and (iv) An example of a binary number which is equal to its 2s complement is : (A) 1100 (B) 1001 (C) 1000 (D) 1111 When a tri-state logic device is in the third state. 8.COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS PAPERII Note : This paper contains fifty (50) multiple-choice questions. (ii). 6 (iv) 3. 2. then the following are fields with respect to the operations of addition modulo m and multiplication modulo m : (i) Z23 (ii) Z29 (iii) Z31 (iv) Z33 Then (A) (i) only (B) (i) and (ii) only (C) (i). 6. 4. 5. (ii) and (iii) only (D) (i). 6.
14. D8704 . 16. (B) is an instance of a class for which operator → is a member function. 8 (B) 5. j53. (C) is a pointer to any function (D) is a member function of a class Polymorphism means : (A) A template function (B) Runtime type identification within a class hierarchy (C) Another name for operator overloading (D) Virtual inheritance The E-R model is expressed in terms of : (i) Entities (ii) The relationship among entities (iii) The attributes of the entities Then (A) (i) and (iii) (B) (C) (ii) and (iii) (D) 3 12. j and k after the statement. Int i54. 8 (D) 4. 2. 2. (i) and (ii) None of the above P. Suppose x and y are two Integer Variables having values 035AB6 and 0361CD respectively. 11. 15. 10 (C) 6. What will be the values of i. k511i 2 22j 1 i11222j 1j11. 10.T.O. 2. 2. (A) 7.5 (D) None of the above A function object : (A) is an instance of a class for which operator ( ) is a member function. 8 What is the value of the arithmetic expression (Written in C) 2*3/423/4* 2 (A) 0 (B) 1 (C) 1. k50.9. The result (in hex) of applying bitwise operator and to x and y will be : (A) 035089 (B) 034084 (C) 0378A4 (D) 033AD1 Consider the following statements. Essential hazards may occur in : (A) Combinational logic circuits (B) Synchronous sequential logic circuits (C) Asynchronous sequential logic circuits working in the fundamental mode (D) Asynchronous sequential logic circuits working in the pulse mode The (A) (C) The characteristic equation of a T flip-flop is : Qn115T Q n1 T Qn (B) Qn115T1Qn Qn115TQn (D) Qn115 T Q n symbols used have the usual meaning. 13.
iii-c. 7. 23. ? (A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 4 (D) 8 Suppose we are implementing quadratic probing with a Hash function. ii-c.down (B) (C) Both (A) and (B) (D) The completeness constraint has rules : (A) Supertype. iv-d 21. 4. Total specialization. The entity type on which the __________ type depends is called the identifying owner. (A) Strong entity (B) Relationship (C) Weak entity (D) E . (a) (b) (c) (d) Transitive dependencies eliminated Multivalued attribute removed Contains no partial functional dependencies Contains no join dependency (B) i-d. iii-b. ii-c. iv-d (C) i-d. ii-c.R Match the following : (i) 2 NF (ii) 3 NF (iii) 4 NF (iv) 5 NF (A) i-a. iii-a. 10. D8704 . 24. If an element with key 4594 is inserted and the first three locations attempted are already occupied. 11. then the next cell that will be tried is : (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 9 (D) 97 Weighted graph : (A) Is a bi-directional graph (B) Is directed graph (C) Is graph in which number associated with arc (D) Eliminates table method What operation is supported in constant time by the doubly linked list. iv-b (D) i-a. Generalization (D) Bottom . 6. 5. Specialization is a __________ process. 9. iii-b. Subtype (B) (C) Specialization. Hash (y)5X mode 100. but not by the singly linked list ? (A) Advance (B) Backup (C) First (D) Retrieve How much extra space is used by heapsort ? (A) O (1) (B) O (Log n) (C) O (n) (D) O (n2) 4 22. 25. Partial specialization All of the above 19. What item is at the root after the following sequence of insertions into an empty splay tree : 1.up None of the above 18. 3. 8. ii-b. (A) Top . 2.17. iv-a 20.
TP2. Which activity is included in the first pass of two pass assemblers ? (A) Build the symbol table (B) Construct the intermediate code (C) Separate mnemonic opcode and operand fields (D) None of these In two pass assembler the symbol table is used to store : (A) Label and value (B) Only value (C) Mnemonic (D) Memory Location 5 P. TP3. 29. 33. 35. System programmer All of the above 34. TP3 (C) TP1. Error control is needed at the transport layer because of potential error occuring __________.O. TP3 (D) TP0.T. TP2 (B) TP1. TP1. TP4 Which transport class should be used with residual-error network layer ? (A) TP0. (A) Error (B) Loss (C) Sequence (D) Duplication Which transport class should be used with a perfect network layer ? (A) TP0 and TP2 (B) TP1 and TP3 (C) TP0. D8704 . 30. TP3. (A) from transmission line noise (B) in router (C) from out of sequency delivery (D) from packet losses Making sure that all the data packets of a message are delivered to the destination is _________ control. TP1. TP4 (D) TP0. 28. TP2. TP1. (A) Connectionless (B) Error-free (C) Segmentation (D) Connection-oriented Which activity is not included in the first pass of two pass assemblers ? (A) Build the symbol table (B) Construct the intermediate code (C) Separate mnemonic opcode and operand fields (D) None of the above Which of the following is not collision resolution technique ? (A) Hash addressing (B) Chaining (C) Both (A) and (B) (D) Indexing Code optimization is responsibility of : (A) Application programmer (B) (C) Operating system (D) 27. TP4 Virtual circuit is associated with a __________ service. 32.26. TP3. 31.
c-1. b-4. c-1. Cost estimation (B) Cost estimation. d-3 37. 39. Time estimation. b-3. d-1 a-3. D8704 . Personnel estimation (D) Cost estimation. Team structure Reliability of software is dependent on : (A) Number of errors present in software (B) Documentation (C) Testing suties (D) Development Processes 6 42. Quality assurance plans. (B) (D) Concurrent procedures Topdown procedures 40. Quality assurance plan (C) Cost estimation. b-4. Personnel estimation. c-2. 43. d-2 41. b-4. Time estimation. c-2. d-1 (C) a-2. The main objective of designing various modules of a software system is : (A) To decrease the cohesion and to increase the coupling (B) To increase the cohesion and to decrease the coupling (C) To increase the coupling only (D) To increase the cohesion only Three essential components of a software project plan are : (A) Team structure. Semaphores are used to : (A) Synchronise critical resources to prevent deadlock (B) Synchronise critical resources to prevent contention (C) Do I/o (D) Facilitate memory management In which of the following storage replacement strategies. 38. (1) (2) (3) (4) (B) (D) Round robin Scan LIFO FIFO a-4.36. is a program placed in the largest available hole in the memory ? (A) Best fit (B) First fit (C) Worst fit (D) Buddy Remote computing system involves the use of timesharing systems and : (A) Real time processing (B) Batch processing (C) Multiprocessing (D) All of the above Non modifiable procedures are called (A) Serially useable procedures (C) Reentrant procedures Match the following (a) Disk scheduling (b) Batch processing (c) Time sharing (d) Interrupt processing (A) a-3.
44. (A) Subject oriented (B) (C) Program oriented (D) The (A) (B) (C) (D) 47. All of the above -oOo- D8704 7 P. (A) Software (B) Hardware (C) Research (D) Process The processing speeds of pipeline segments are usually : (A) Equal (B) Unequal (C) Greater (D) None of these The cost of a parallel processing is primarily determined by : (A) Time complexity (B) Switching complexity (C) Circuit complexity (D) None of the above A data warehouse is always _________.T. 48. 49. In transform analysis.O. . Object oriented Compiler oriented 50. Data Mining can be used as _________ Tool. input portion is called : (A) Afferent branch (B) Efferent branch (C) Central Transform (D) None of the above The (A) (B) (C) (D) Function Point (FP) metric is : Calculated from user requirements Calculated from Lines of code Calculated from softwares complexity assessment None of the above 45. 46. term hacker was originally associated with : A computer program Virus Computer professionals who solved complex computer problems.
Space For Rough Work D8704 8 .
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.