Employee engagement questionnaire
I/ Employee information 1. Employee name: 2. Position: 3. Department: 4. Start working from: II/ Rating scales: 1. Strongly Disagree(1) 2. Disagree (2) 3. Neither Agree nor Disagree (3) 4. Agree(4) 5. Strongly Agree(5) III/ Employee engagement questions 1. I have the materials and equipment I need to do my job efficiently. 2. I receive the information and communication I need to do my job. 3. I regularly receive recognition/praise for doing good work. 4. The benefits offered here are fair and reasonable. 5. The people here are pleasant and co-operative to work with. 6. There is someone at work who encourages my development. 7. My opinions and ideas seem to matter. 8. My supervisor provides me with feedback and guidance. 9. My supervisor helps me know what is expected of me. 10. My supervisor cares about me as a person. 11. Even if I had the opportunity to get a similar job with another organization, I would stay with my present company.
I would recommend the organization as a good place to work. 3.I find myself negatively comparing my situation to my peers. and employer
7. I have been passed up at least once for a promotion in the past few years. 13. I find much of my job repetitive and boring. 8. I have an increasingly bad attitude toward my job. 16. 14. 15.I live for weekends and days away from the job. I am mentally and/or physically exhausted at the end of a day at work. 11.I often feel overworked and overwhelmed.I am frequently stressed out at work. 2. I have received no better than "fair" evaluations recently. I am extremely satisfied with my job. 10. 5. Overall.
Job Satisfaction Questionnaire
1. 13. I am no longer given the resources I need to successfully do my job. I feel my bad days at work outweigh the good ones. I often experience a sensation of time standing still when I am at work. 15. I have confidence in the senior managers at the company. 4. I have had opportunities to learn and grow. In the last year. 14. 12.
6. boss. I feel that my job has little impact on the success of the company.I feel as though my boss and employer have let me down. I spend parts of my day daydreaming about a better job.
12. 9. I am not being used to my full capabilities. Overall.
12. 3. succession planning. Participation in the process is not at the required level. No direct link to other relevant HR processes exits e. 19. 4. The current process is too time-consuming. 2. continuous professional development. 13.3
17. No process exists for cascading Personal Objectives.g. 8. Once completed the forms are just filed away. Personal objectives are not updated as business needs change. 6. Ratings are sometimes seen as based on subjective judgements. Evidence of performance is not gathered throughout the year. Personal objectives do not contain clear measures of success. Getting Managers to complete the forms is difficult. Team objectives do not exist. 15.I feel as though my employer has broken promises about my future with the organization. Quality of personal objective setting is poor.I have lost sight of my career goals and aspirations. and job evaluation. 9.I no longer feel valued for my work.
Performance Appraisal Appraisal questions
1. 18. 5. 14. Getting meetings arranged to discuss each stage of the process is difficult. Personal objectives are not aligned to the business goals.
. 7. 10. Personal objectives targets are not up to date. 11.
High performing staff are not easily identified. but no development support is defined. 33. Successes are rarely recorded. 27. 29. Feedback on good or poor progress is saved up to the end of the year. We cannot run reports to match suitable staff against job roles for succession planning purposes. 24.4
16. 20. 28. and prompts. 18. when targets are due. 21. There are no reminders for forthcoming target dates. We do not have the capability to provide automatic E-Mail reminders. 25. 22. 23. Evidence on competency development is not included. Personal Development Plans do not exist. Evidence on skill development is not included. There is no facility to run reports to analyze overall development needs of the whole organization. Missed targets are not commented upon until the year end. 30. 32. All the responsibility seems to lie with the manager 17.
. Low performance is highlighted. 19. Evidence from project work is not included. Personal Development Plans do not contain specific development actions and targets. Comments from mentors or coaches are not included. 31. Evidence on progress towards qualifications is not included. The process does not support our values/culture change. 26.
I regularly review my achievement in the current performance with a preset standard. Setting goals will enable me to achieve a better work life balance. Clarity of goal will help me in planning my work better. I have sorted out my routine activities for my better performance.5
1. 12. 3. I begin each year with a clear understanding of my goals for the current year. 15. Proper maintenance and arrangement of the records improve the presentation of my performance. A clear definition of my goals will enable me to improve my performance 5. A regular review of my goals will enable me to take early corrective
action 2. My job role has changed substantially over the last 3 years. 7. 16. Agenda for the every project is set and used to review the action performed to reach the goal. 10. 8.
. Clear understanding of my responsibilities in a team enables me to achieve the shared aims. My goals have been documented and measurable. According to the department norms. 6. 14. 13. Resource planning to achieve my goal needs to be improved 9. My goals are dependent on the goals of other members of my team. At the end of each quarter the updated records are checked and managed for the future reference and clarification. 4. 11. I am able to understand the relationship between my goals and my activities.
Judgments can be made by segregating relevant information from irrelevant information 25. We understand each customer is unique and handle each one of them in different ways.6
17. Maintaining unity in our teamwork improves efficiency and able to finish the task within a period. 20. I try to find innovative solution in unique situation. 31. 28. Adapting to changing circumstances is the key for my success. I firmly believe that one can improve oneself by involving in on-job activities and active participation. I would like to acquire new knowledge and skill that contribute to individual and organizational growth. Resolution reached only by proper understanding of other parties’ position. My participation in the closing stage of shared decision-making. 26. Equal sharing of the information in a team and unit. which improve Productivity. help to improve group cooperation 19. I constantly improve my ability to manage the changing circumstance readily 30.
. 27. 22. 21. I constantly improve myself by attending various sessions related to my area of interest. 23. Applying creative or out of box thinking allows me to modernize and improve the existing process. I firmly believe that clear understanding of the situation will allow me to reach a settlement. 18. I am ready to accept change as a part of my achievement and flexible in dealing with diverse situation. 24. 29.
In the last seven days. At work. I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.* 2. I know what is expected of me at work. 34. customer satisfaction and the rate of turnover.
1. I would tell others great things about working here. • I am driven to do whatever it takes to help my organization succeed • I am inspired to do my best work everyday • I think people here are always willing to give extra effort to help the company succeed.
• My impact on what happens in my department is great • I have a great deal of influence over what happens in my department. My center of attraction is to assess and balance the interest of different customers and respond to changing demand. All our activities are focused on the field of customer orientation. This essential measuring stick provides the link between employee opinions and productivity. profit.7
32. I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right. • I have a great deal of control over what happens in my department.
Research by the Gallup Organization produced 12 questions which work to distinguish the strongest departments of a company. • If given the opportunity. I have received recognition or praise for good work. Proceeding further with creativity will lead to achieve my career path. • I hardly ever think about leaving my organization to work somewhere else • I would highly recommend my organization to a friend seeking employment. 33. • It would cost me a lot to leave my organization.* 3.* 4.
In the last six months.
These 12 questions are the simplest and most accurate way to measure the strength of a workplace.* 6.8
5. someone at work has talked with me about my progress. and 7. 7. my opinions seem to count. At work. 9. 11. When employees score high marks on these five questions. I have a best friend at work.
. the company has a strong retention factor. As a manager. then securing high marks to these five questions is a good place to start. The mission/purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important. if you want to build high retention. My supervisor or the person I report to seems to care about me as a person. *Further analysis revealed that five of these questions are linked to retention: numbers 1. 10. My associates (fellow employees) are committed to doing quality work. There is someone at work who encourages my development. I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow. 12. 3.* 8. 2. 5. The last year.