This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Revision 8 - 9 June 2009
Table of Contents
• • • • • • • •
iSupplier Portal Purpose iSupplier Portal Capabilities ERS Defined Business Drivers ERS Process ERS Advantages & Disadvantages Key considerations for Suppliers Instructions for Signing-Up for iSupplier Portal & ERS 3 4 5 6 7 12 15 16
2 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction
Purpose: Supplier Collaboration • Ingersoll Rand made an investment to implement a true partnership with our vendors through an Oracle product called the iSupplier Portal. we will provide you with tools you need in order to take advantage of the portal and collaborate effectively with Climate Control Technologies. • At the end of this presentation. 3 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction .
iSupplier Portal Capabilities • Suppliers can view: – Forecast – Purchase Orders Orders to be acknowledged Past Due Orders Purchase Order History – – – – – – – – – Receipts Delivery Performance Invoices Logged & Payments Defects & Returns Product History Acknowledge Orders Enter Advanced Ship Notices Reschedule Orders Cancel Orders • Supplier actions: 4 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction .
ERS Processing 5 Insert Footer . payment generated based on receipt transaction processed by IR. • With ERS. relies on pre-negotiated price agreements between supplier and Ingersoll Rand (IR). • ERS eliminates need for suppliers to send invoices – instead.ERS: Defined • Evaluated Receipts Settlement (ERS) = business process in which invoices for supplier payments are auto-created based on goods received from supplier.
with supplier. 5. IR places a Purchase Order (PO) 2. 4. 3. AP department then enters all invoice information into accounting system and matches invoice to goods received and/or the PO. ERS Processing 6 Insert Footer .Business Drivers Traditional Transaction Process: 1. Payment is made to supplier based on the match. Supplier ships goods and bills IR by sending invoice to Accounts Payable (AP) department . IR receives goods.
The Traditional Procure-to-Pay Process ERS Processing ERS Processing 7 Insert Footer .
• For supplier. sometimes resulting in unauthorized payment disbursements. • Admin costs of manual processing are typically quite high.Traditional Process • Disadvantages Manual Processing • Invoice processing is largely manual. • Results in inconsistent application of business rules resulting in an increased risk of process non-compliance. • Much time lost when mailed invoices on the way from the supplier to the IR’s AP dept. • Results in data entry errors that could be very costly. from activities related to the manual data entry. particularly for IR. • Invoices may be put on hold if issues arise in matching process – can result in payment delays to suppliers. High Procureto-Pay cycle time High admin costs for IR and Supplier ERS Processing 8 Insert Footer . • Invoices entered into system in batch process. the costs associated with billing activities originate from non-value added activities like mailing the invoices. • By the time the invoices entered and approved in system. etc. • High cost inefficiencies. 1st discount terms usually missed.
– Payment is made to supplier based on the receipt transaction.Business Drivers • The ERS Process – In the ERS process IR places a Purchase Order (PO) with supplier. ERS Processing 9 Insert Footer . – IR receives the goods. – The system automatically generates an invoice number based on the receipt transaction and the actual delivery of goods/services. – The supplier ships the goods.
ERS Processing 10 Insert Footer . The receipt transactions are used as the basis for the creation of these autoinvoices.ERS in the Procure to Pay process ERS Process In the ERS process. the invoice creation process gets automated.
• After goods or service delivered. ERS Processing 11 Insert Footer .ERS Process • The ERS process differs Invoices Not equal to Basis for Payment from the traditional process in that the supplier invoices no longer form the basis for payment in IR’s system. the buying organization processes a receipt transaction which automatically generates an invoice number. • The receipt transaction facilitates the payment.
purchase order information ERS Processing 12 Insert Footer .ERS Advantages for Suppliers Assurance of timely payments Reduced costs associated with billing Increased cost efficiencies Advanced visibility using iSP to view receipts. payments.
ERS Advantages for IR Lower invoice processing cost associated with payables administration and increased efficiencies Increased payment accuracy resulting from the automation Better utilization of vendor discounts Better supplier relationships ERS Processing 13 Insert Footer .
Supplier needs to actively communicate address changes to IR for remittance address changes. Supplier should regularly review PO receipts and payments in iSupplier Portal in addition to their internal process. ERS Processing 14 Insert Footer Supplier needs to reconcile between our payment and their receivables. .ERS Disadvantages for Suppliers Supplier needs to do a business process change to eliminate distribution of paper invoice to buying organization.
• Use packing slip to reconcile account – include Blanket PO and Release Number Addresses Reconcile ERS Processing 15 Insert Footer .Key considerations for Suppliers • Need adequately trained personnel who understand ERS process at IR and supplier facility Training Pricing • IR and suppliers must maintain accurate pricing on POs to eliminate payment discrepancies • Change in “remit-to” addresses: suppliers will need to contact their supply manager directly (update from invoices is no longer valid).
Detailed Instructions: Signing Up for iSupplier Portal and ERS .
Step #5 – Sign-up at the registration website. Step #7 – Begin using the iSupplier Portal and ERS tools. PLEASE REFERENCE THE FOLLOWING SLIDES FOR DETAILS ON EACH STEP Please utilize the Supplier Readiness Worksheet 17 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . Step #3 – Each user MUST review and understand the training material Step #4 – Ensure that each user / stakeholder has reviewed the training material and is comfortable with launching. Step #6 – Receive log-in details. Please contact your IR Supply Manager for further support. DO NOT PROCEED: If ANY user has questions or concerns about the process.Steps for Sign-Up (Overview) Step #1 – Download and Complete the Access Agreement Step #2 – Gather the appropriate supplier and user’s information for your company.
.e. Please complete the appropriate Access Agreement (s) .jpg.pdf 2. you will not be allowed to access the iSupplier portal or ERS.pdf. Download the Access Agreement(s) from the following link: – http://cct.gif) 18 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . Any common image format may be used (i. 3.Steps for Sign-Up (#1 – Access Agreement) Step #1 – Download and Complete the Access Agreement The Access Agreement is REQUIRED for your company. Scan the completed agreement(s) into an electronic format for submission. .com/Suppliers/Documents/Access%20Agreement_Portal-ERS_7-18-08.ingersollrand. Without this document. 1. . including all applicable signatures.
.pdf. Country) for each location.jpg. 2. . State/Province & Country) Also include all other locations or branches of your company that will be using the iSupplier Portal and ERS (Location Name. State/Province. but two or more are strongly recommended Person(s) who will receive the Forecast report One person is required. 4. 3.Steps for Sign-Up (#2 – Supplier & User Information) Step #2 – Gather the appropriate supplier and user information for your company: 1.gif) Name of your primary Ingersoll Rand Supply Manager User information (Name. but two or more are strongly recommended Please note: Each of these names will receive access to the iSupplier portal and the corresponding report. 19 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . • NOTE: Please keep this information available. City. you will enter it on a registration website in a subsequent step. – This may be in any common image format (i.e. Supplier Name and Locations – – Primary Location (City. You may list a name under both heading and they will receive both reports. Email and phone) for each of the following: – – – Person(s) who will receive the ERS (Evaluated Receipts Settlement) Payment Report One person is required. An electronic copy of the signed “Access Agreement”. .
ingersollrand. 20 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction .Steps for Sign-Up (#3 – Training Material) Step #3 – Each user MUST review and understand the training material 1. EACH USER MUST access the self-paced training material at the following link. 3. – – READ THIS FIRST: Explanation for using the training portal (http://cct.ingersollrand.com/SupplierTraining/toc.jpg) Click here to access the training material page (http://cct.html) 2. If you would like further information or assistance.com/Suppliers/PublishingImages/UPK%20Instructions. EACH USER MUST spend as much time as necessary to review the material and thoroughly familiarize themselves with EVERY aspect of the material. please do not hesitate to contact your INGERSOLL RAND SUPPLY MANAGER.
Actions Taken to Minimize Risk to both Suppliers and Ingersoll Rand: Lean Principles: The goal is to allow you. resources are available to assist you with all of your questions.Steps for Sign-Up (#4 – Ensure Understanding) Step #4 – Ensure that each user fully understands the training material. Preventative Actions: To reduce usage errors. Please contact your IR Supply Manager for further support. the supplier. to pace the implementation of the supplier portal at your location... realizing these benefits CANNOT result in service interruptions. Ingersoll Rand wants to provide each supplier with as much support as possible before the upgrade to the iSupplier Portal. However. Proceed to Step #5 when EVERY user is comfortable with the tool. The iSupplier portal is a powerful and simple collaboration tool with many benefits for both parties. 21 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . Support is Available: To maintain a rapid pace of implementation. Therefore… DO NOT PROCEED: If ANY user has questions or concerns about the process. Education and Prevention is More Effective than Corrective Action. • Please contact your Ingersoll Rand Supply Manager to obtain training assistance.
– Contact your IR Supply Manager for link to the Sign-Up webpage. 3. Therefore. After you have ensured that EACH USER is comfortable with the training material. Navigate to the following link to access the sign-up screen. – NOTE: The sign-up page DOES NOT allow for saving a session. having the appropriate information will help to create a quick and error-free entry.Steps for Sign-Up (#5 – Registration via Web) Step #5 – Sign-up at the registration website. 5. 22 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . 2. After submitting. 1. then you should proceed to the sign-up step. you will see a screen that looks like this: 4. Complete all of the necessary information and click “SUBMIT”. Gather the names and contact information from Step #2.
• Please refer back to the training material for detailed instructions on each of the many functionalities in the iSupplier portal. 23 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . – Please contact your IR Supply Manager for training material.Steps for Sign-Up (#6 & 7 – Begin) Step #6 – Receive login details.com Enter you user name and password and begin using the iSupplier Portal. • You will receive your log-in information via email. Step #7 – Begin using the iSupplier Portal and ERS tool • • Use the following link access the log-in page: https://cctisupplier.ingersollrand.
Steps for Sign-Up (Review) Step #1 – Download and Complete the Access Agreement Step #2 – Gather the appropriate supplier and user’s information for your company. Please contact your IR Supply Manager for further support. Step #5 – Sign-up at the registration website. DO NOT PROCEED: If ANY user has questions or concerns about the process. Step #7 – Begin using the iSupplier Portal and ERS tools. Step #6 – Receive log-in details. 24 Insert Footer – iSupplier Portal & ERS Introduction . Step #3 – Each user MUST review and understand the training material Step #4 – Ensure that each user / stakeholder has reviewed the training material and is comfortable with launching.
ERS Processing 25 Insert Footer (revision: 02 Feb 2009) .
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.