This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Presentation by JYOTINDRA ZAVERI IT consultant & trainer
E MAIL E-MAIL MARKETING
• Marketing through e-mail is flexible, cost-effective, t ff ti easy to measure and has a high impact on the prospective or existing customers.
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 2
E-mail Marketing CAUTION………..
• D ' be seen as a "spammer"! Don't b " "! • Reputed companies do not send spam.
– On an average a person may get as many as 36 spam mails per day – That is about 100 billion spam mails per day globally
• Send e-mail only to those people who have given p permission. Email Marketing helps you build and g p y maintain a 100% permission-based subscriber list.
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 3
What is a subscriber?
• Subscribers are customers, members, contacts or any b t t individuals who gave you p permission to send email messages g to their email address. • You can use a series of demographic information to create a profile for each subscriber. –E E.g. city, country, age, male or it t l female etc.
What is a subscriber? (1)
• Subscribers are customers, members, contacts or any individuals who gave you permission to send email messages to their email address. • You can use a series of demographic information to create a p profile for each subscriber, e.g. city, country, age, male or , g y, y, g , female etc. • which can be determined from: – I f Information the subscriber enters on the sign-up f ti th b ib t th i form, kept k t on your site, for your mailing list. – Subscriber updates on the subscription management pages. – Information in the original record (customer database) imported into Email Marketing database.
What is a subscriber? (2)
• The subscriber profile also contains p public and private interest group categories that allow you to segment and organize subscribers by unique interest categories or private groups. • You can build a subscriber list by entering subscriber information directly into Email Marketing database or by importing an existing li t or d t b i ti i ti list database.
Spam email is not a good idea
• Put ‘Unsubscribe’ link in your email, y , allow if somebody wants to opt-out.
– Don’t keep them tied in forcefully. Don t
• Also, don’t be boring with daily emails. Stick t weekly emails. il Sti k to kl il
– Research shows that weekly emails get opened a lot more than daily emails. d l t th d il il More emails just makes your business look desperate.
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 7
Don t Don’t be gaudy
• A recent study shows that HTML emails that have too much graphics and flashy Call-To-Action f d fl h C ll T A ti forms actually achieve less, compared to level-headed, informative, value level headed informative valuefilled emails with links to even more value. value • The tone of emails should be respectful.
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 8
Too many choices is not good good.
• Emails are like speeches speeches.
– Each message should have a single point to communicate.
• Avoid lots of info and lots of flashy calls to action like Click Here Sign Up Here, Now, Buy This, etc. • people will be overwhelmed and delete that email. Choices are like makeup, less is more. Couple of options are OK. more OK
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 9
Newsletter is not a book!
• People value their time, so give them l l h h bulleted, concise and valuable chunks of text Try to keep emails below 700 text. words (a single A4 size page).
– If you go on rambling about your products and services you’ve missed the point.
• It’s not about YOUR business. It s It s It’s about THEIR needs.
• Personalized e-mail can b assembled and sent automatically P li d il be bl d d t t ti ll if you have proper e-mail management software, integration with website and ERP system. Walmart sends out personalized e-mail to moms based on the birth date of their babies. “Baby Connection is a weekly e mail designed around the Baby Connection” e-mail milestones that infants reach at certain ages and of course contains appropriate products available from Walmart. Simply learning a baby’s birth date makes Walmart’s program effective.
Commit to e-mail marketing e mail
• Email marketing management software is an g g online service that helps you connect with your customers, members, and contacts through permission-based email marketing marketing.
• Email Marketing software helps you build and maintain a 100% permission-based subscriber list, list nurture customer relationships and grow relationships, your business through the scheduled delivery of email newsletters, announcements, promotions, and other ta geted email campaigns. othe targeted campaigns
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 12
• Y You can use Email Marketing to create a E il M k i survey, using a variety of question formats, such as lists, text entries, and numeric. , , • With surveys, you can receive direct input y g from your site visitors and Email Marketing subscribers including feedback about your website or existing products and services, opinions about possible future offerings, or offerings visitor/subscriber demographics.
Commit to e mail marketing e-mail
• The subscriber profile also contains categories that allow you to segment and organize subscribers by unique interest categories. • Thus you can store subscriber list of thousands of email addresses, duly verified.
• For, new product announcements or to share your publicity success, the ideas success are endless. • B sure to think it through, develop an Be t thi k th h d l appropriate message, create a write-up that reflects your brand know your brand, objectives. • Make sure the information is valuable for your market, or people will quickly unsubscribe.
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 15
Permission based email marketing is professional
1. Visitors will fill in the form for the free newsletter, thus giving their email id and permission 2. Prepare newsletter and email to the 2 P l tt d il t th subscribers
3. 3 There should be a mechanism to ‘unsubscribe’ (usually last line) – Reader will consider your email as a professional email because you appreciate their privacy
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 16
Email Marketing Performance Analytics l
• E bl brand managers to track email marketing Enables b d t t k il k ti initiatives, timelines, workflows, campaigns and get the brand-specific information they need. • Track how many contacts opened your emails. • See unsubscribe statistics for each email campaign you send, either for a specific date or over time. send time • Compelling interactive graphs show you how many emails got delivered, opened, clicked and more.
Measure your y response. Age wise analysis, how many unopened, bounced, opened, unsubscribe, etc.
CRM & Web analytics
• M k Marketers can identify the appropriate e-mail id if h i il message for the targeted audience using ERP - CRM module - along with web analytics g y reports from blogs (facebook, wordpress). • For instance, the ERP software can alert about which customers might be ready to replace their laptops (CRM software knows email id and the date of sale) sale).
• Staples sends e-mails to buyers offering related accessories for products it recently sold.
– The IT is a facilitator for empowering y p g your marketing initiatives and reach customers anywhere in the world.
Conclusion (1): Use the power of email marketing h f l k
• Use permission b i i based email marketing d il k i
– Make database of email id (sometimes referred as called ‘opt-in’ list) opt in
• You are giving potential customer something they have asked for (opted g y ( p for) • You are developing longtime p g g relationships with people in your target market • Th response is 100% measurable The i bl
Prof. Zaveri E-mail marketing 22
Conclusion (2): Use the power of email marketing h f l k
E-Mail i cheaper and more effective than il is h d ff i h print, TV, or radio advertising because it is highly targeted g y g Anyone who visits your website and opts in to your ‘newsletter’ is a good prospect or business associate There is no better tool than e-mail to let you effortlessly follow up with those leads
Presentation by Jyotindra Zaveri View more presentations with the video lectures on the free E-Learning site http://www.dnserp.com Join ERP, E-business Forum http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=1877952 Additional free e-Learning resource: http://dnserp.wordpress.com/ [Blog] http://in.linkedin.com/in/jyotindrazaveri [networking] http://twitter.com/followERP [Short messages] http://www.livestream.com/eLesson [Internet TV]
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.