1. Participants are requested to report at least half an hour before each event at the event venue. 2. Recorded music files required in some event should be submitted to the organizer of the event at least 1 hour before the event starts in a format compatible with Windows Media Player, preferably mp3 format. 3. Any form of obscene, unacceptable behavior or language, vulgarity, on or off stage will lead to immediate disqualification of the team. 4. Any kind of damage to the stage during the performance will lead to imposition of a hefty monetary penalty on the responsible team. Any kind of damage to the infrastructure of IIT Guwahati during the entire stay will also attract a penalty. 5. Team Alcheringa will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the team during their stay in the campus. 6. Judges decision will be final and binding on all participants in all events. Any complaints regarding judges, decisions will not be entertained. 7. Organizers reserve the right to admission, right to change the rules and to change or cancel any event without any prior notice. 8. Please notify us 5 days in advance of your scheduled arrival such that we can arrange for your travel to the campus. 9. Faculty will be accommodated in separate rooms. 10. All participants are required to carry their college identity cards or a bonafide certificate. 11. Consumption of alcoholic drinks and/or narcotic drugs in the campus is strictly prohibited. Participants shall not enter the campus in intoxicated state and should not possess such materials. 12. IIT Guwahati is strictly a no smoking zone. 13. Organizers decision is final in case of any complaints. 14. The contact details given below each event are not those of the event organizers but only of the coordinators. The contacts of the event organizers will be available on our website www.alcheringa.in 15. The rules mentioned in this booklet are subject to change. Please keep visiting www.alcheringa.in for the latest updates. The latest rule booklet will be available on the above mentioned website.
For general information and queries contact: Nimish Parashar Pranay Nadh firstname.lastname@example.org
Convener Arun Yadav Head, Events Management Santosh Rao
For any queries regarding events contact:
Dance Diti Sood Srikant Jayaraman
09957887865 09706637034 Aditya Gadgil Rahul Deshpande Performing Arts Kashyap Adury Aditya Patil Fine Arts Nitin Khola Class apart Siddharth Katha Karan Sinha Quizzes TSK Chaitanya 09957887817 09678554832
Alfaaz Diti Sood 09957887865 Anurag Pandharpurkar 08876064502 Media Paloma Sodhi Sports Sanjay Kamat Vasu Goel Fun N Masti Nishant Yadav Dwij Fauzdar
For more information log onto www.alcheringa.in For participating in online events on Alcher Online logon to www.alcheronline.in
GENERAL GUIDELINES CONTACTS DANCE • ELECTRIC HEELS • IN-SYNC • TWO STEPS • STEP UP • NAVRAS • SO U THINK U CAN DANCE? GENERAL RULES FOR THE DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MUSIC • RAGA HIGH • UNPLUGGED • RHAPSODY • ANTAKSHARI
14 15 16 17 18
SPORTS • 5 on 5 FOOTBALL • ARM WRESTLING FINE ARTS • T-SHIRT PAINTING • SHADES • SKETCHING • STREET PAINTING • COLLAGE MAKING • OBJECT PAINTING • MOVIE POSTER MAKING
19 20 21 22 23 23 23 23 24 24 25
PERFORMING ARTS • THEATRIX • HALLA BOL • KHAMOSHI • LOL ☺ QUIZ • BRAINSTORM • THE REALLY TOUGH MOVIE QUIZ • THEME BASED QUIZZES
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 32 32
MEDIA • KIRNAANKAN • RAISE YOUR VOICE • ALCHER 24x7 FUN-N-MASTI CLASS APART • ROCK-O-PHONIX • MR. & MISS ALCHERINGA • HAUTE COUTURE • GROOVE
33 34 35 36 37 39 40 41 42 44
GENERAL INFORMATION • REACHING THE CAMPUS • ACCOMMODATION • FOOD • TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT POLICY • EVENT REGISTRATION
48 48 49 49 49 49
no other colors are clearly distinguishable under UV lights. o Time limit is minimum of 4mins and a Maximum of 5mins.
Srikant Nayan 09706637034 09859993744
. UV Round o This round will take place under UV lights only. The use of props and costumes won’t be included in the judging criteria of the preliminary round. Any pre-recorded or live music may be used during the performance. o Time limit is minimum of 7mins and a maximum of 10mins.ELECTRIC HEELS
• • In prelims you are required to present a demo of your “freestyle round” (refer to finals) choreography. o Use of props is allowed. presentations or videos are not allowed. • Freestyle Round o You are required to perform a dance sequence of your own choice. o Marks will be awarded for innovations like props etc. All other lights will be switched off. The time limit for the prelims performance is a minimum of 3 mins and a maximum of 4 mins. At any moment during the performance.
The top 5 teams selected from the prelims shall compete in two rounds in the finals. The music for the prelims must also be submitted separately to the organizers. o UV light makes white color glow. However. So plan your costumes accordingly. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules. a minimum of 5 members and a maximum of 12 should be present on-stage.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
• • • • • • Total members in a team must be at least 5 and at most 25.
g.alcheringa. Child Labor. the updated rules for In-Sync will be available on www. AIDS. Your theme can be for e. This round will be of maximum 7 minutes and of minimum 5 minutes. Also a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 25 members are allowed at a time onstage.IN-SYNC
• • • • •
Prelims may be held if the total number of teams registering for this event exceeds ten. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules.in This event consists of single round. etc. In this case.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
• • • • Total number of members in a team should be at least 6 and at most 30. We are not responsible for any kind of song editing or recording. Your performance must be theme based and must aim at creating awareness towards prevailing social problems.
Srikant Ankit 09706637034 08011139043
. Dowry. Theme selection carries points.
The music to be used must be submitted to the organizers in a format compatible with windows media player at least 1 hour before the event begins.
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
• • • • Two individuals.
• • • • 8 pairs will qualify to compete in round 2. irrespective of gender can pair up to compete in this event. The time limit is a maximum of 4mins and a minimum of 2mins. Live music is not allowed. Any kind of deviation from the dance form will result in negative marking. Before any event. Props won’t be a part of the judging criteria. There is no restriction whatsoever on the dance form. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules. The teams should consult the organizers beforehand regarding the allowed forms of dance. the team has to declare the form of dance they are going to present.TWO STEPS
The couple dance competition
• • • • The couple has to perform on a self-chosen song. In this round the couple has to perform a particular form of dance.
Srikant Sintu 09706637034 09859154400
The dimensions of the stage will be uploaded a month before the festival on the website. popping. tutting. Team size should be a minimum of 4 members and a maximum of 12 members. waving. Props are allowed. Live music is not allowed. locking. threading and other funky dance styles. Time limit is a minimum of 3 ½ mins. However. The dance floor would be in an open area. • • • • • • • The event consists of only 1 round. B-Boying.STEP UP
The street dance competition Street dance is basically a blend of the hip-hop free-styling. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules.
Srikant Ankit 09706637034 09678554840
. break dance. presentations and videos are not allowed.
10 participants move forward to participate in the finals.5mins and a max of 5mins. presentations or videos are not allowed. Dance is considered to be a form of worship and meditation
• • Prelims will be held only if the numbers of registered participants exceed 20. However. The time limit for the prelims performance is a maximum of 2mins.
• • • • The top 10 participants selected from the prelims will compete in the finals.
Srikant Nischal 09706637034 09706636960
. Time limit: minimum of 2. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules. in which case.NAVRAS
The Indian classical solo dance competition Principles of classical dance have their origins in the Vedas. which detail the forms of dance and drama. Use of props is allowed.
Srikant Anirudh 09706637034 09401706196
.5mins and a maximum of 5mins.
• • • • 10 participants will then proceed to proceed to the finals. The time limit for the finals is minimum of 2. The finalists are free to choose songs and dance forms of their own choice.
• Prelims will be an impromptu competition where the participants will be given songs by the organizers 15mins before the event starts.SO U THINK U CAN DANCE?
The Ultimate solo dance face-off
This is the search for the best dancer around. Please refer to the general rules and guidelines for the dance championship for more rules.
One member from the team should sit with the sound technician and computer operator.) are not allowed. preferably mp3 format. No team is allowed to bring its own CPUs. Vulgarity in any form will not be allowed in the competition. The dance floor area must be restored to the original state after the performance. ball. In case of any ambiguity regarding the rules. which does not have a prelims round. So if the team feels any stunt could be termed as vulgar. stick. No Cassettes are allowed in any dance event. The audio format should be compatible with Windows Media Player. • • •
is quite large then the organizers can organize a prelims round before the main event to screen the participants. (Not required for Two-steps and Step Up). please contact the organizers. One person of the group can supervise the lighting during performance else it will be up to the lights group of the organizing team Creativity and innovation will fetch extra marks. The maximum time means the time taken from stage-in to stage-out. knives. Clearing of the stage within the maximum time limit is the responsibility of the team. smoke. it would be best to speak of it to the organizer before performing it on the stage.GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
• If the number of teams participating in an event. A duplicate copy of the same should be maintained. Equipments which require electricity or that we consider are hazardous (such as fire. The music should be submitted to the organizers at least 1 hour before the start of the event. A prop is anything which is not worn on the body as a part of the costume such as a hand-held hat. Marks will be deducted for exceeding the time limit. Props will have to be arranged by the participants themselves. throwing of confetti or glitter etc. chair or any piece of costume that is removed during the routine. Any team not ready by the specified time will be disqualified. Lighting facility is to be availed. The props must come on with the performance and must not require extensive set up.
• • • •
. fog devices.
at least 1 vocalist and 2 instrumentalists.RAGA HIGH
• • Each band should have minimum of 3 members.
Rahul Rishi 09678554832 09678554377
. o 2 free song of participant’s choice. Language of the songs should be Hindi.
• • • Stage setting time of 5 minutes will be given to each team. Top 5 teams from prelims shall qualify for the finals. Performance o One original composition of at least 3 minute duration. The team must perform only one song of minimum 3 mins and a maximum of 6 mins duration. o One jingle of at least 45 seconds duration.
• • Total time of 25 minutes + 7 minute stage setting time.
• Maximum time limit of performance is 6 minutes. • The instrumentalist can only use an acoustic instrument (a synthesizer can be used instead of a piano). PRELIMS • • • A participant has to perform any one song of his/her own choice. • Any kind of pre-recorded music will not be allowed. • The language should only be English or Hindi. • Maximum time limit of performance is 6 minutes.
FINALS • Top 10 participants from the prelims will compete in the finals.UNPLUGGED
GENERAL GUIDELINES • Participants can register as a team consisting of a maximum of two members. • The finals will be conducted in two rounds. • Participants will be asked to sing one of these 3 songs (chosen by the judges). No Instruments can be used in the prelims.
Rahul Brajesh 09678554832 09678554602
. Time of performance should not be more than 2 minutes otherwise negative marks will be awarded. Round 1 • A participant can perform any one song of his/her own choice. • Judging will not be based on the instrumental music but only on the vocals. one singer and one accompanying instrumentalist. Round 2 • Participants will have to submit a list of 3 songs of their choice prior to the beginning of this round.
• • Top 5 performers will qualify for finale. Participants must confirm availability of the instruments in advance with the event organizers. Participant will get 5 minutes of performance time and a setup time of 3 minutes.
Rahul Praneet 09678554832 09678554790
• • Participant will be given 2 minutes performance time and 3 minutes for setup. Select instruments like acoustic guitar. keyboard. will be provided. standard drum kit. Participant can play any kind of music.RHAPSODY
SOLO INSTRUMENTAL CONTEST
• • Participants can use any instrument of their choice. etc.
in which general knowledge of the teams in regards to Hindi movie and album songs will be checked. The event will consist of 7-8 rounds. Questions will be based on Hindi movie and album songs. Participants must have fair idea of particulars of popular songs. which they can choose from a list of 20 songs given by the organizers. VOCAL ABILITY TEST • This will be a test for singing where both the team members will be asked to sing a song. Preliminary round will comprise of two tests. in writing.
• • • • A fixed number of teams will be selected from the preliminary round for the final event.ANTAKSHARI
The musical contest
• • • Each team must consist of 2 members.
Rahul Mrinalini 09678554832 07896264726
. • Questions may be objective. • Teams scoring above a set cut-off in this test will qualify for the vocal ability test. subjective. Questions will be based on Hindi movie and album songs. namely the knowledge & the vocal ability test. or both.
KNOWLEDGE TEST • This is a quiz.
it's time to showcase your skills and stun everybody with some exquisite goals.. A total of 24 teams will be registered and the selection will be based entirely on a “First Come... offsides. No player can be registered in more than one team at a time and no team will be reentered in the tournament. Rolling substitutions are permitted..
Vasu Abhinav 09678554707 09678737987
. Only five players per team (including the goalkeeper) will be allowed to play at a time. A match will constitute of two halves of 15 minutes each with a 5 minute break in between.First Serve” basis... and fouls will be briefed at the ground itself.
• • • • • • • • • • The participants may register as a team of minimum five and maximum 7 members.. Possession of any sharp or metal object that can cause any injury during the play will directly lead to the disqualification of the team. Use of normal sport shoes or football studs is allowed. Any misconduct with referee or the players of the other team will immediately lead to the disqualification of the team..5 ON 5 FOOTBALL
For all the football lovers. Rules about corners. Presenting the shorter but more thrilling version of football... No bare feet play is allowed.
Arm wrestling has been recognized as a sport long time back so why not take this leisure time game to the next level…
• • • • • • • Participants can register as individuals and not as a team.
Vasu Abhinav 09678554707 09678737987
Lets’ gear up and see how the metal hands of wrestlers look like…. Any player caught using any objectionable item would be disqualified. Any misconduct with the referee or any other players will directly lead to the disqualification of the player. The tournament will follow a knockout format. All the matches will follow a best of three format. All referee decisions are final. All the rules stated by the US arm wrestling Association will be followed here.
The materials provided to make the sketch will be charcoal.
• • • • • • Each team has to design a T-shirt. you can also appropriately cut or stitch the T-shirt to showcase your innovation.
• • • • •
• • • • • • Each team should paint a given area of the street. brushes and other appropriate material would be provided by the organizers. brushes and chalk will be provided. Exceeding this time limit will lead to a deduction of marks. Theme will be given on the spot. chalks. The maximum number of participants per team is 4. Exceeding this time limit will lead to a deduction of marks. The theme will be given on the spot. sketching pencils of various grades and all the other required supplementary materials. Time allotted is 4 hours. The team can have a maximum of 2 members. Paints. Time allotted is 4 hours.SHADES
Each team may consist of a maximum of 2 participants. Higher weightage would be given to the sketching skills and innovative usage. fabric colours. A white T-shirt. Apart from usual painting.
. The participants will have to make a sketch relevant to the given topic/theme. A preliminary round will be conducted and the actual street painting would only be done by the qualifying teams. The time allotted to complete the sketch would be 3 hours at maximum.
• Objects. The use of brushes and crayons is strictly prohibited. poster colors. Exceeding this time limit will lead to a deduction of marks. blank papers.
• A2 sheet. Each team has to paint an everyday life object that will be given on the spot. blank sheets. Exceeding this time limit will lead to a deduction of marks. The teams will be short-listed on the basis of a preliminary round.Object painting
• • • • The team can have a maximum of 3 members. Each team is supposed to make a collage incorporating the theme given. The teams will be short listed on the basis of a preliminary round. pencils.
• • • No other material except provided by the organizers will be permitted. fevicol. A common theme will be given on the spot. brushes. Time allotted is 4 hours. newspapers. markers. No other clippings and photos should be used. A common theme will be provided to all on the same day.
• • • • No other material except that provided by the organizers will be permitted. Time allotted is 4 hours.
• • • • A team of maximum of three members is allowed. Modification of the object in any tangible way is not allowed. Acrylic paints. abstract cuttings of magazines.
• • A2 sheet. markers. Each team is supposed to paint a poster related to the provided movie.
Nitin Dhyanendra 09678554747 09678554685
. Detailed description of the movie.
Time allotted is 4 hours. The teams will be short listed on the basis of a preliminary round. pencils. poster colors. Exceeding this time limit will lead to a deduction of marks.Movie Poster making
• • • • The team can have a maximum of 4 members. blank papers. Each team will be allotted a name of a movie along with a write up about the same. sketch pens. brushes.
No other material except that provided by the organizers will be permitted.
Teams can be subjected to negative marking on issues like use of abusive language. . A maximum of 4 teams will perform in the finals. exceeding time limit. in the play. No limit on maximum. Only a part of the full play is to be performed in the prelims in a maximum of 10 minutes and a minimum of 8 minutes. props. The maximum performance time for finals is 30 minutes ‘curtain to curtain’ and minimum of 20 minutes. expressions. Usage of both English and Hindi is allowed. body movements)-40% Presentation encompassing costumes. vulgarity etc. Any miscellaneous last minute demands to the organizers should be made 48 hours prior to the performance. On the spot registrations are allowed but online registrations are advisable. Teams must bring all the costumes and props with them as the organizers will not provide anything. Only a few chairs and tables for stage setting may be provided. The drama can be bilingual. Negative marks will be awarded for both. use of stage etc. For the prelims. the maximum performance time allowed is 10 minutes ‘curtain to curtain’ and minimum of 6 minutes.
• • • •
• • • •
• • • • Performance in acting(dialogue delivery.25% Successfully depicting the plot or theme – 25% Marks for originality is 10%
Aditya Anish 09678554724 09864248616
. The background music and lighting is allowed and a system for the same is provided by the organizers. any demands after that will not be entertained. and not completing the minimum time. music. Team is free to choose the theme on its own. Same play is to be performed in both prelims and finals.THEATRIX
• • • • • Each team should have a minimum of 6 members.
No limit on maximum number of team members.use of performance area) . lathis and musical instruments like dhapli. Any miscellaneous last minute demands to the organizers should be made 48 hours prior to the performance.Halla bol
Street Play • • • • • • • Each team should have a minimum of 10 members.30% Use of props . No props except dupattas. the maximum performance time allowed is 10 minutes and minimum of 6 minutes from entry on the performance area.
• • • •
• • • • Theme depiction and how well u can aware the common mass about the issue . The maximum performance time for finals is 20 minutes and minimum of 15 minutes from entry on the performance area. On the spot registrations are allowed but online registrations are advisable. The play can be bilingual. Only a part of the entire play is to be performed in the prelims for 10 minutes maximum and 8 minutes minimum. Usage of both English and Hindi is allowed. dialogue delivery. For the prelims. in the play.40% Acting (facial expression. are allowed while all the plug-in instruments such as guitars are not allowed. Same play is to be performed in both prelims and final. Negative marking will be awarded for both exceeding the time limit and not completing the minimum time. Teams can be subjected to negative marking on issues like use of abusive language. any demands after that will not be entertained. Only 5 teams will perform in the finals. etc. dhol etc. vulgarity.10% Originality of script – 20%
Aditya Hardik 09678554724 09207184951
No background music would be allowed.
Aditya Himanshu 09678554724 09678554649
. Face painting would be allowed. No word or sound used as a direct reference to a particular thing. barking has direct reference to a dog's call).KHAMOSHI
Mime • • • A person can perform alone or in a team of maximum 10 members. Any miscellaneous last minute demands to the organizers should be made 48 hours prior to the performance. animal and emotion would be allowed (eg. Over-use of props would be discouraged. any demands after that will not be entertained.
shall be penalized with negative marks.
. The duration for which the show must be performed should be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes. If found.LOL ☺
Stand Up Comedy • • • • One person at a time will be called onto the stage to perform a comedy Sequence. Elements of vulgarity must be excluded from the content of the speakers. Teams of 2 can also perform together. It will be up to the judge’s discretion if or not to disqualify the participating team on the basis of vulgarity.
Top 6 teams from the prelims will qualify for the mains. Top 6 teams from the prelims will qualify for the mains. The decision of the QUIZMASTER will be final and binding on all participants. The decision of the QUIZMASTER will be final and binding on all participants.BRAINSTORM
The Alcher quiz Your task is simple: to Brainstorm. The Quiz will be conducted in two rounds. This is the pinnacle of quizzing.Prelims followed by the Mains. The Quiz will be conducted in two rounds. • • • • Each team should consist of TWO members.
THEME BASED QUIZZES
Multiple theme based quizzes will be held during the festival.Prelims followed by the Mains. Latest updates about themes would be available on the website.
Chaitanya Rajesh 09706636962 09706223504
THE REALLY TOUGH MOVIE QUIZ
If you are a movie buff this is where you test your movie gyan against others of your kind… • • • • Each team should consist of TWO members. Time will run short and a hurricane will hit your mind as your brain races to find the answers.
2 mega pixels. You are supposed to submit the original picture also along with the edited picture. 7 pictures including 2 black and white on the given theme have to be submitted at the control desk positively by 1800 hours in a CD.
Paloma Bharat 09678554596 09508958847
. on 5 Feb. Image should look natural and realistic. Addition of foreign elements into the pictures will lead to disqualification.
Note: The 5 colour photos will receive 75% weightage and the 2 Black and white photos will receive 25% weightage. this is close to 3. 2011 All photographs will be the property of Alcheringa. Theme for photograph will be given by 10 00 hours.
EDITING OR CORRECTION
• • • • • Editing of images is allowed to an extent as to correct colors and change contrast. Photographs must be digital. Size of the pictures should not be less than 2048*1536 pixels. Editing is just allowed to improve the quality of the picture. 2011. You are not supposed to do copy and paste and then put multiple elements in the image. Judges decision will be final and binding.KIRNAANKAN
The Photography and Movie making competition
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES
• • • • • • • Photographs must be taken from the IIT Guwahati campus only. not to transform the overall meaning of the picture. on 2 Feb.
It must keep the listeners interested. Table mikes will be provided for recording. For stage two. The performance for the second stage will be on the spot and live (No editing or redoing will be possible under any circumstances).ON AIR AND LIVE
The RJ Hunt
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• • • • The competition will consist of two stages. The recording will be done only in one take. In stage 1 the team must record a short duration Radio Show of not more than 6 minutes on the topic chosen by the participants themselves. In case of inability to arrange the required song. 2nd Round . The stage 2 of the event will be only for the people who are shortlisted according to their performance in stage 1. the choice of the songs is to the organizer’s discretion. the teams will have to prepare a show of 3 minutes each on topics given on the spot. Participants can speak in either English or Hindi or both. The judging will be based on how the team presents the show and on the selection of their song. the participants may bring the songs they need in a flash drive/CD/DVD in the standard mp3 format.
• • • • • •
1st Round – Another important fact that will be taken into account is that it is a radio show and it has to be as entertaining as possible. Each team will consist of 2 members. each being atleast 1 minute 30 sec in length and maximum or 2 min. Minor editing may be done and is to the editing team’s discretion. No editing will be done and so the participants have to speak clearly and without any mistakes.This round will stress on the content of the show. Therefore the total length of the show will be a maximum of 10 minutes. Each team can include a maximum of 2 songs.
Manish Jinghom 09678554900 09648694731
. In order to avoid this. A preparation time of 5 minutes will be given to each team for the second round. The team has to get the edited songs or atleast the songs in a digital format ( CD or pendrive ) and thay have to tell us where in the show would they like to include the song.
Background score is allowed. You are supposed to cover the first three days (3 – 5 Feb 2011) of Alcheringa and all the interesting events happening in it as a news channel reporter would.
Electronic Journalism Contest This event is for the journalists in all of you. • • • • • The news clip should be of a maximum of 3 minutes. The clip should be submitted in “avi” format. Any software may be used for editing. The news clip should pertain to and should be shot during Alcheringa. The final edited news clip has to be submitted on the fourth day of Alcheringa (6 Feb 2011) before 12 pm.
Alcher on the move Amazing race Bid to win Bollywood bug Blind date Crush Eatopia Hai dum Informals Lan gaming Oceans-14 Queen of Sheba
Your favorite multiplayer games Play with virtual money. win real prizes Scavenger hunt Cupid strikes again Chew less. eat more Might is Right Anytime. anywhere As time runs out Make a call to win ‘em all Yahi filmistan meri jaan
Dwij Paloma 09207181634 09678554596
Only drum kit and sound arrangements will be provided by the organizers.in s. This is the Holy Grail of Rock… the winner takes all.pranjal@iitg. Outstation bands will be provided accommodation on payment basis.in for further updates or contact the organizers for any queries.alcheringa.ac.saket@iitg.
Note: Detailed structure and rules would be updated on the website please keep visiting our website www.ROCK-O-PHONIX
The Rock Band Contest When we say we get some of the best rock bands in the country. we ain’t kidding. Booze/Drugs/Smoke strictly disallowed on campus. Organizers
Manoj Saket Pranjal Niteesh Karan email@example.com 09957888227 09957888049 09957888230 09678883577 08876024228
. Bands are encouraged to bring their own gear/add-ons.ac. The rules are subject to change without any prior notice. Bands that make it to top five will be given one way transportation charges (second class sleeper equivalent in case of train) on the production of the bus or train tickets.ac. Judges’ and organizers’ decision will be final and binding. Organizers reserve the right to admission.in j. The competition is in two stages • Prelims • Finals
• • • • • • • •
Explicit or offensive lyrics/gestures guarantee immediate expulsion from the stage.
charm and the talent to stand victorious. • Candidates on the basis of their replies to the questionnaire will be short listed for the Prelims. Round 3: Common Question Round. Camera. • Requirements of any sort must be informed well before-hand both for prelims and finals. & MISS ALCHERINGA
The Personality Contest Who has the confidence. • The details about the Surprise round will be provided at a later stage.
Karan Arvind 08876024228 09706637039
. PRELIMS Round 1: Ramp walk cum Short introduction. Round 1: Ramp Walk. Contact the organizers regarding this. Round 2: Talent Round. FINALS Participant should wear a single dress of his/her choice. catching all the attention and become the Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe of Alcheringa? • Registration form must be completely filled along with a recent colored photograph. “Lights. Round 2: Talent Round. Note: • The outfit in the Ramp round of finals must accentuate the theme of Alcheringa’11. Action!”.MR. Round 5: Judges Question Round. Round 3: Surprise Round. Round 4: Situation-reaction Round.
Teams can take help from professional designers. So if the team feels any stunt could be termed as vulgar. Rules might undergo slight changes depending on the situation. Choreographers. the BEST MAKEUP ARTIST and the BEST DESIGNER award. Each team is required to submit 3 photographs of each model online or along with registration form. The teams are responsible for their own music and sequence.in for the updated rules.alcheringa. All participants have to submit a photocopy of their college identity card or a permission letter from the head of the institute. along with the name of the model. makeup artists. Please refer to the website www. Water. choreographers. Every team will be given 5 minutes for each round (stage-in to stage-out).HAUTE COUTURE
The Fashion Contest
Ever dreamt of becoming a fashion designer or a supermodel? Haute Couture is where you can showcase your talent. designers can also be ramp models. Vulgarity in any form will not be allowed in the competition. it would be best to speak of it to the organizer before performing it on the stage.
Competition is open for college students (including fashion institutes). else it will be up to the lights group. All music files must be submitted to the organizers at least 1 hour before start of the prelims. Only 1 choreographer. Fire and animals in any form will not be allowed on the stage or the ramp. Music is to be submitted in a pendrive or in a CD in a format compatible with Windows media player (preferably in mp3 format). negative points will be awarded. and makeup artists.
• • • • • •
• • • •
• • •
. Lighting facility is to be availed. On exceeding the time limit. One team member should be present near the computer to help the organizers in playing the music smoothly. But these professionals will not be considered as a part of team and will not be eligible for the BEST CHOREOGRAPHER. One person of the group can supervise the lighting. Organizers reserve the right to cancel any round and disqualify teams which do not adhere to the rules. make-up artist and designer will be accepted from one team. Minimum number of models per team is 6. The pendrive or CD must contain all the music (for prelims round and the finals) with properly named files and folders in the required order. The decision of the judge will be considered to be the final one.
Now return chaos to life. Design dresses to reflect the chaotic motions. meander through the insides to search for designs that inspire thought!
Glamour and dazzle
Explore the glamour in 70mm. Design to envy the stars!
To fathom Hell or soar angelic... just take a pinch of psychedelic… Manifest the insides of your mind to traces of soaring joy… Experience psychedelia in previously unknown aspects of your own mind!.ROUNDS FOR HAUTE COUTURE PRELIMS Chaos
Disturb the existing order.. take high fashion a level higher. to stun and amaze! Defeat limits of modesty and dazzle the witnesses! Show off. dazzle the heights with glamour only imagination can match. live life as you want it to be. design to upset! Forget the rules to make way for. Cast a spell of grace charm and poise. Liberate it from its ostensibly ordinary fetters by the creative exuberance of your soul! Let loose your imagination. bling!. design to return to the void. defy all norms of predictability.. or steal life from it. Chaos is the original dark void from which everything else appeared... Design to disturb. glorify.
Send us your mixes before 25th January 2011.GROOVE
The DJ Contest
Groove is the mega DJ competition. DJs if found using pre looped tracks/ pre extended mixes/ pre cued tracks/ pre pitched tracks will be disqualified. DJ’s can also bring their own mixers. Setting time cannot exceed 4 minutes.
• • • • •
List of the selected DJs for this round will be announced on 27th January tentatively.in along with the following details: Name Address/Phone number Combating DJs MIX the songs and DO NOT remix them. As a sample. It should have a minimum of 5 minutes duration. Rock.ac. Be warned that. The mix should have your own voice recorded in it somewhere to ensure that you made the mix. House. Summing up. Stick to the languages that most people know (English. The DJ’s will be provided with the mixers. REMIX WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AS AN ENTRY!! Be a DJ!!! Each mix should not exceed 7 minutes. HipHop/Rap.mp3 format preferably) to events_alcheringa@iitg. The combating DJs should carry their own music in the CD format as per their own choice. the creators of the music will surpass themselves as they battle it out for the most coveted prize. it should not spoil the flow of the song. Punjabi) though a little local mix would be entertained. Hindi. etc. the DJ will be given a total time of 14 minutes in and out. The masters of the mood.
SELECTION FOR PRELIMS
• • • • • • • • •
Interested DJs should send two mixes (. The mix should contain at least 3 genres of music. Each combating DJ will be given 10 minutes for live mixing.
This time duration may vary a bit according to the time constraints on the event). Each DJ will be given 10 minutes for performing stunts portraying his/her DJing skills. the DJ will be given 24 minutes in and out.
. DJs if found using pre looped tracks/ pre extended mixes/ pre cued tracks/ pre pitched tracks will be disqualified. Totally.FINALS
• • •
The DJs battling for the title in this round will be announced well before the event starts. Again. A setting time of 4 minutes should not be exceeded. The next 10 minutes would be for live mixing for each DJ. the combating DJs should carry their own music in the CD format as per their own choice.
Battle it out with over 150 colleges for the ultimate honor.. Each event is allotted certain bounties as follows:
• • • Haute couture Theatrix Electric Heels
• • • • Raga High In Sync Halla Bol – Street Play Step up – Street Dance
• • • • • • • Rhapsody Unplugged Two-Steps Navras Alcher 24x7 Raise Your Voice – RJ Hunt All Fine Arts events
• • • • • Navras So u think u can dance? Unplugged LOL ☺ .Stand up Comedy Kirnaankan
A college which participates in • • • • • Electric Heels – 300 bounties In Sync – 200 bounties Halla bol – 200 bounties Rhapsody – 100 bounties Two Steps – 100 bounties
Which makes a total of 900 bounties will be eligible for the general championships. it should have participated in events worth a total of at least 900 bounties. the number of points won by a college is as follows: 300 bounties: 1st position: 300 points 2nd position: 150 points 3rd position: 75 points 200 bounties: 1st position: 200 points 2nd position: 100 points 3rd position: 50 points 100 bounties: 1st position: 100 points 2nd position: 50 points 3rd position: 25 points 50 bounties: 1st position: 50 points 2nd position: 25 points 3rd position: 10 points After completion of all events the college which scores the maximum points takes home the General Championship trophy.
For winning the GC trophy
For winning events worth the specified number of bounties.Eligibility Criteria
For a college to be eligible for the General Championships. Eg.
NOTE: Picking up of participants is subjected to availability of transportation facility. a stone’s throw from the railway station. wondering what the events are all about.
You can: • • Hire a taxi to IIT Guwahati. We will try to provide you with transportation to the IITG campus provided you have registered with us giving adequate details and your team has at least 25 members. Inside the campus. as pleasant and comfortable as we can. Volunteers may be found at the station. etc. A stall would be set up at the railway station by Alcheringa’11 hospitality team. Allotment of accommodation. You will have to register yourself at the Hospitality Desk upon arrival in IITG campus. Participants need to inform us at least a week in advance by emailing us at publicity_alcheringa@iitg.
.ac.in Confirmations will be emailed to you. Auto rickshaws (@Rs. to assist you to reach the campus. provided by institute will ply to and from the city almost every hour and will operate from Pan Bazaar Water Tank.GENERAL INFORMATION How to reach IIT Guwahati campus? From Railway Station
• • • We will try to provide you with transportation to IITG campus provided you have registered beforehand and given us adequate details. strive to make your short stay with us. are some of the functions of the Hospitality Desk. get down at the hospitality desk (Directions to reach Control Room will be there inside the campus). we will be at your service 24 hours a day.
In case you are not able to spot any of the Alcheringa volunteers. mess facilities. 300-350) can also be hired. 150-175) or Sumos (@Rs. you have the following options: • Shuttle buses (white and green carrying IITG placard). Whether you are worried about your accommodation. confused about the schedule or worried about your registrations. near the main entrance gate. food and transport.
On Reaching IIT Guwahati
We at Alcheringa. carrying IITG placards or Alcheringa banners. Ferry services can also be availed from Fancy Bazaar.
Music. Alfaaz. Mr.350 per person which will cover lodging for 4 days. Alcheringa’11 ID cards will be issued to each team member after registration and production of ID card will be compulsory for taking part in any event. Alternatively you can eat from food stalls all over the campus or from hostel canteens. Production of ID card is mandatory at the Hospitality Desk. Haute Couture. Fine arts.
• • • • All accommodation arrangements will be done in various hostels of IITG for which you will have to pay a sum of Rs. Accommodation will be strictly on a first-come-first-serve basis. The cost as mentioned above will be Rs. namely Dance. Alfaaz. namely Dance. Theatre. 50 per day. Media. Theatre.• • • • •
Hospitality Control Desk will be set up at Dihing Hostel. OR Participated in any 3 events of any module mentioned above. OR Participated in any 3 events of any module mentioned above. Raga High. In unavoidable circumstances we may allow the participant to stay till 8th February.
Those who don’t satisfy these conditions will be given one way reimbursement (sleeper class fare) after student concession. Fine arts.
Food arrangements will be done in the hostel’s mess where you will be staying. OR
Travel Reimbursement Policy
For participants availing student concession Two way reimbursements (sleeper class fare) after student concession would be given to those who have:
• • •
Taken part in events from any two or more modules. Music. Volunteers will be there to guide you from Hospitality Control Desk to your accommodation.
For participants NOT availing student concession One way reimbursements (sleeper class fare) would be given to those who have:
Taken part in events from any two or more modules. 50 per day We suggest that you carry a lock for your own safety. & Ms Alcheringa. which will be available on a payment basis. After the four days accommodation will be available at Rs. OR Participated in Rock-o-Phonix. i. Please note that the accommodation is available only for a period of 6 days. Media. from 2nd of February to 7th of February.e. Directions to reach Hospitality Control desk will be there inside the campus.
If you want to make any changes in your registration please contact us at publicity_alcheringa@iitg. Alcheringa No online registration is required for on the spot events. 2010. & Ms.
Those who don’t satisfy these conditions will be given half of one way reimbursement (sleeper class fare). Participants of following events will have to register online separately: o Rock-O-Phonix o Raga High o Haute Couture o Mr. It’s entirely your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the rules of an event you are participating in.•
Participated in Rock-o-Phonix. Haute Couture. Kindly ensure that you mention all the events you will be participating in.alcheringa. Mr. For further queries contact: Nimish Parashar Pranay Nadh publicity_alcheringa@iitg. Registration of contingents is compulsory either by mail or online. & Ms Alcheringa. Raga High.in
. registration will be done at control desk or the venue itself.ac. Registration closes two days before start of Alcheringa(31st January 2011)
• • • •
Please register yourself only once with the hospitality team.in and let us know about the changes you would like to make.ac. Please keep checking our website for any updates: www. (Note: Student concessions are issued by the Indian Railways and are not the responsibility of Alcheringa)
• • • Online registration forms will be available on website of Alcheringa ’11 from November 12th. Only registered participants will be allowed to contest.in The schedule of events will be put up on website itself.