This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
This ebook may be freely distributed. You can give it away to your website visitors, include it as a free bonus for your newsletter subscribers, include it in a membership site, etc. The only thing you can’t do with it is change the contents, or sell it.
Table of Contents
Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 How to Get the Most Out of This Book . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 Secrets of Success . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 Imagine That! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14 Believe in Yourself . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18 Taking Action . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28 Bumps in the Road . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 32 Be Persistent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 36 Be Enthusiastic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40 Give Unto Others . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 42
©2009 Helena Ritchie, www.theacornstash.com
What does success mean to you? Is it a million dollars in the bank? The perfect body? Is success the satisfaction of knowing that you did your best today? However you define success, the starting point for achieving it is in the definition itself. As Mike Brescia says, “you can’t reach success if you can’t define it.” You have to “begin with the end in mind” according to Stephen Covey. In simple terms, you have to know where you’re going and, more importantly, why you’re going there in order to know when you’ve arrived. This collection of successful thoughts will help you to define success on your own terms. In reflecting on the words of other successful people you will gain insight into yourself, and the what, why, and how of your journey to success will become more clear. For myself, in putting this compilation together for you, I experienced many of those “ah ha!” moments. You know, the ones where suddenly the light comes on and you think to yourself, “Ah ha! It’s all clear to me now!” Whatever success means to you, and wherever you are on your journey, it is my sincere wish that this book provides you with an ah ha! moment or two of your own. If you would like to share your definitions of success or any insights you’ve gained from the quotations herein, I invite you to either email me, or visit The Acorn Stash and leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thanks for being here!
Helena Ritchie October 2009
©2009 Helena Ritchie, www.theacornstash.com
2.theacornstash. It’s a really good way to get the creative juices flowing. is the right answer for you. take a moment or two to reflect on what meaning or insights it brings to your life. or just write in free flow. See where the words lead you and what comes out of them. and moving through the stages of using your imagination. believing in yourself. ©2009 Helena Ritchie. Use the same questions you asked yourself when reflecting on the quote. here’s a couple of ideas on what to do with them beyond just reading: 1.com . Ask yourself questions like: How does this fit into my definition of success? Can I use this on my path? Is there an action I can take to apply this in my life? There are no right or wrong answers. Either way. especially if you haven’t written in awhile.. The quotations are ordered in a sort of natural progression starting with definitions of success. or are struggling with writer’s block. www. Journal on a Quote Pick a quote at random. Whatever the words mean to you. You will get the most value out of it if you take some action based on what you read. you get the idea. And everyone will come up with something different. you’ll be surprised and what ends up on the page when you’re done. Either way.. Sit quietly and relax and just let the words tumble over in your mind and see what feelings and images they bring to the surface. You can read them in order or flip to a random quote. You can also use a quote as the starting point for a meditation. and just start writing.5 How to Get the Most Out of This Book This is an interactive ebook. Reflect or Meditate on a Quote As you read each quote. setting goals.
– Maya Angelou Success is doing what you love. to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children. This is to have succeeded! – Ralph Waldo Emerson Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration.. loving what you do. – Rosie Cash Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. to leave the world a bit better. a garden patch. – Winston Churchill To have laughed often and much. or a redeemed social condition. – Evan Esar ©2009 Helena Ritchie. to appreciate beauty.. to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends. Success is knowing and being known as a human being. to find the best in others. to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. Success is hearing and being heard. whether by a healthy child. desperation. www. – Bob Burg Success is not just reaching a goal or surviving but flourishing in all the areas of our life.com .6 Success is. and helping others to learn how to do the same. perspiration and inspiration.theacornstash. Success is loving life and daring to live it.
theacornstash. and courage. – Margaret Thatcher Every great success is an accumulation of thousands of ordinary efforts no one sees or appreciates. – Earl Nightingale Success is a toll road .7 Success is that old ABC -. www.. this is success. – Charles Luckman Success is getting and achieving what you want. this is happiness. – Steve Siebold What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing. Ask any failure.pay now or pay later. The doing is often more important than the outcome.ability. – Orison Swett Marden ©2009 Helena Ritchie. not a destination.com . knowing that it is not enough. – An Wang Success is a journey. – Arthur Ashe When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done. breaks.. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get. – Bernard Meltzer Success is simply a matter of luck. – Brian Tracy Success is more a function of consistent common sense than it is of genius. that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.
– Leroy Van Dyke Success is relative. – Zig Ziglar ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Mark Victor Hansen Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.8 Success is not so much what we have as it is what we are. it's what you do with what you've got. Joyce Brothers Success is creating a state of mind that allows you to obtain whatever it is you really want. – Dr.. – Robert Collier Success. If you want success.theacornstash. S. It is what we can make of the mess we have made of things. repeated day in and day out. – Orison Swett Marden Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. This is success. Eliot Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.com . and there is no other. start thinking of yourself as a success. www.. – T. – Earl Nightingale Success is the sum of small efforts. – Jim Rohn Success is a state of mind. – Al Bernstein The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him.
enjoy it. It’s stopping for the moments of beauty. you find it simply means to follow through.com . and z is keeping your mouth shut. – Jim Rohn Success is every minute you live. but more importantly. www. taste it. y is play. of pleasure. Work is x. – Jim Rohn Success is living up to your potential. Nichol Success is not to be pursued. Wake up with a smile and go after life .. smell it. You might know how to read. – F. failure is never final. feel it. live it. then A equals x plus y plus z. the moments of peace. Success is the quality of the journey. – William Feather Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. – Dr. That’s all. Robert Schuller When you get right down to the root of the meaning of the word ‘succeed’. W. – Joe Knapp ©2009 Helena Ritchie. what’s your plan to read? – Jim Rohn Success is never ending. – Jennifer James Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. It’s the process of living.theacornstash.. it is to be attracted by the person we become.9 If A is success in life. Success is not a destination that you ever reach. – Albert Einstein Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
Happiness is wanting what you get. Meyer Success is like a ladder and no one has ever climbed a ladder with their hands in their pockets.10 Success is the progressive realization of worthwhile.theacornstash. an outgoing affirmation of life. predetermined. personal goals. a quality of mind and way of being. – Brian Tracy Success is a process. – Zig Ziglar Success is getting what you want. all else is commentary. – Alex Noble ©2009 Helena Ritchie. www. – Paul J. – Dale Carnegie Success equals goals.com .
11 Secrets of Success For success. – Dennis Green People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. attitude is equally as important as ability. www.com .theacornstash. – Author Unknown The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people. – Mark Twain The one sure ingredient to success is to never. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. – Theodore Roosevelt ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Colin Powell The secret to success: find out where people are going and get there first. never give up. It is the result of preparation. – Harry F. – Norman Vincent Peale There are no secrets to success. Banks Self-trust is the first secret of success. – Ralph Waldo Emerson The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. hard work and learning from failures.
– Jean Giraudoux I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. you are in control of your life. If you do that. Rockefeller Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping. life controls you. and dream while others are wishing. – Benjamin Franklin The secret of success is sincerity. www. – Thomas Edison Success is a science. – John D. If you don't. – Walter Chrysler ©2009 Helena Ritchie. prepare while others are playing. – William A Ward The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. – Oscar Wilde The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. even nature. if you have the conditions. work while others are loafing.theacornstash. – Benjamin Disraeli The secret of success is constancy to purpose.com . Once you can fake that you've got it made. – Anthony Robbins The real secret of success is enthusiasm. It overcomes almost everything. you get the result.12 The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.
13 Put your heart. www. and soul even to your smallest acts. – James Allen ©2009 Helena Ritchie.com .theacornstash. intellect. the key to success is making them come true. mind. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda The key to happiness is having dreams.
adding a little there. – Napoleon Hill Live out your imagination. If you do not conquer self.14 Imagine That! The great successful men of the world have used their imagination. your work need not be lost. and endeavor to live the life which you have imagined. or the old laws will be expanded.theacornstash. the laws of the universe will appear less complex. You will put some things behind. you will be conquered by self. – Robert Schuller If you conduct yourself as though you expect to be successful and happy. that is what they should be. and you will live with the license of a higher order of beings. you will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. and interpreted in your favor in a more liberal sense.. and you will be drawn towards it. In proportion as you simplify your life. it comes from the way you think.. filling in here. they think ahead and create their mental picture in all it details. but steadily building – steadily building. altering this a bit and that a bit. you will seldom be disappointed. you will pass an invisible boundary. and solitude will not be solitude. www. If you have built castles in the air. not your history.com . – Brian Tracy Hold a picture of Yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye. – Henry David Thoreau Success doesn't come the way you think it does. Now put foundations under them. new. at least by my experiment: that if you advance confidently in the direction of your dreams. nor poverty poverty. – Robert Collier I learned this. nor weakness weakness. – Stephen Covey ©2009 Helena Ritchie. universal and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within you.
We act. and Man is Mind. – James Allen The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.theacornstash. and evermore he takes the Tool of Thought. brings forth a thousand joys. or fail to act. He thinks in secret and it comes to pass. www. a thousand ills. – Pablo Picasso Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future. – Winston Churchill ©2009 Helena Ritchie. Extraordinary people visualize not what is possible or probable. – John Ruskin Everything you can imagine is real. – Albert Einstein The imagination is never governed. and shaping what he wills. it is always the ruling and divine power. – Cherie Carter-Scott Mind is the Master-power that molds and makes. environment is but his looking-glass. – Maxwell Maltz The empires of the future are the empires of the mind. – Charles F.15 Ordinary people believe only in the possible. they begin to see it as possible. And by visualizing the impossible. but because of imagination. as is so commonly believed. but rather what is impossible.com . not because of "will". Kettering For imagination sets the goal "picture" which our automatic mechanism works on.
– Brian Tracy Champions aren’t made in the gym.16 The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and an actualizer. – Carl Sagan All successful people. the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass! – Paul J. You imagine what you desire. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them . sincerely believe. G. and then they work every day toward their distant vision.theacornstash. ardently desire.. Schwartz Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul. – J. men and women. are big dreamers.a desire. ideal in every respect. Meyer All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers. – Napoleon Hill Image creates desire. and at last you create what you will. and when he visualizes it he sees exactly how to make it happen. a dream. He can visualize something. They imagine what their future could be. you will what you imagine. a vision.com . But without it we go nowhere. You will what you imagine.. www. – George Bernard Shaw Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. – Orison Swett Marsden ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Muhammad Ali Whatever you vividly imagine. Gallimore Imagination is the beginning of creation. – Robert L. that goal or purpose.
– Albert Einstein Picture yourself vividly as winning and that alone will contribute immeasurably to success.theacornstash. www.17 Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.com . – Harry Fosdick ©2009 Helena Ritchie.
www. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. – Brian Tracy ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Eleanor Roosevelt The birthplace of success for each person is in his inner-consciousness. Achieve! Achieve! – Andrew Carnegie People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things.18 Believe in Yourself Success belongs to those who believe in the reality of their dreams. – Norman Vincent Peale Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality. A whole clear. If constructive thoughts are planted positive outcomes will be the result. – Norman Vincent Peale Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success.theacornstash. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are. Plant the seeds of failure and failure will follow. for that determines our success or failure.com . The inner-consciousness will use whatever it is given. glorious life lies before you." – Sidney Madwed Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it. And since the only real freedom a person has is the choice of what thoughts he will feed to his inner-consciousness he is totally responsible for the outcomes he gets.
It is defined in the conversation. unconsciously. worth listening to. www. and the happy. – Neve Campbell We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us is valuable. and corrected. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity. things begin to happen. . If you can see it as a learning experience. It is this philosophy by which we measure out our days. And it can be greatly embellished by the absorption of ideas and experiences of the useful of this earth. whether it be positive or negative.theacornstash. It is the possession of the successful. – Claude M. you can turn any negative into a positive. or woman. by which we are guided. sacred to our touch. and in the general mien of the person. in the look of the eye. Cummings Mind is all that counts. works out a personal philosophy of life. – George Matthew Adams Whether you think you can or think you can't – you are right. . and by which we advertise to all about us the man. You can be whatever you make up your mind to be.19 Every one of us. – Henry Ford When I look back on it now. inspired. – E. spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. It has no hiding place.com . wonder. – Arnold Schwarzenegger It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. but known almost instantly. It takes but a brief time to scent the life philosophy of anyone. I am so glad that the one thing that I had in my life was my belief that everything in life is a learning experience. . And once that belief becomes a deep conviction. that we are. – Robert Collier The mind is the limit. worthy of our trust. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. Bristol ©2009 Helena Ritchie. It's like the perfume of the flower — unseen. E. you can do it as long as you really believe 100 percent. as time goes on.
– Author Unknown For those that have the courage to believe and the strength to run their own race victory is certain! – Gertrude Johnson There are admirable potentialities in every human being. www.20 One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often. We can be told.. Learn to repeat endlessly to yourself. so you become. but as long as you take that chance and believe in yourself.theacornstash. and want to be better than you were before. – Bruce Barton As you believe.com . Believe in your strength and your youth. I'm living proof that we get second chances. and then do what you have to do. or a one percent chance.. – Epictetus You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. It comes to be a dominating thought in one's mind. a fifty percent chance. and be a brave person. so you believe. you have a ninety percent chance. whether the statement be true of false. – Lance Armstrong ©2009 Helena Ritchie.' – Andre Gide Anything's possible. – David Viscott Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance. – Robert Collier First say to yourself what you would be. and want to live. and the second time around is better than the first. As you become. 'It all depends on me.
– David J. www. but first you have to believe. Believing a solution paves the way to solution. really believe. your mind will find the ways to do it. you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will. – Sugar Ray Robinson Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Robert Oxton Bolt You can change your beliefs so they empower your dreams and desires. then we can achieve it. When you believe something can be done. -Mark Victor Hansen Our belief at the beginning of a doubtful undertaking is the one thing that assures the successful outcome of any venture. it is an idea that possesses the mind.21 If we can conceive it. Create a strong belief in yourself and what you want. – Norman Vincent Peale The thing always happens that you really believe in. Schwartz To be a champ.com . and the belief in a thing makes it happen. – Goethe Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results. – Marcia Wieder Believe it can be done. – William James A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses.theacornstash. and we can believe it. – Frank Lloyd Wright ©2009 Helena Ritchie.
. – Mary Kay Ash ©2009 Helena Ritchie. www. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. – John Addison You are what you are by what you believe! – Oprah Winfrey Don't limit yourself. DeVos The first and most important step toward . believing you deserve it.’ – Robert Schuller You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life. – Richard M. You can go as far as your mind lets you.. remember. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.theacornstash. – Jerry Gillies What we can or cannot do. you can achieve. What you believe. – Nelson Boswell The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it. ‘My life turned around when I began to believe in me.com . what we consider possible or impossible. success is the feeling that we can succeed. – Anthony Robbins Every achiever I have ever met says. is rarely a function of our true capability.22 In order to succeed we must first believe that we can. – Michael Korda The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible. believing you will get it.
you gain by growing.choosing a goal and sticking to it . – Henry David Thoreau The best intentions don't mean nearly as much as a failed attempt.theacornstash. which can be hard to come by sometimes. you gain by being just a little closer to your goal than you were yesterday. – Brian Tracy This one step . • Earl Nightingale We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and Then leap in the dark to our success. www. because they know where they're going. Goals are like a road map to your target destination. – Author Unknown. People with goals succeed. professional and financial success. Each goal accomplished is another mile behind you on the way to where you want to be.23 Setting Goals Setting goals is one of the most important things you can do to guarantee your personal.com . – Mark Victor Hansen Develop sincere desire for the goal.changes everything. You gain by learning. but couldn't quite get yourself to take that first step? It's important to remember that success isn't always found in the goal you're pursuing. For many people. Out of fire of desire comes success. – Scott Reed ©2009 Helena Ritchie. You can be a success just by trying. The decision to try takes courage. How many times have you longed to do something worthwhile. – Author Unknown Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor. that first action is the toughest and can result in the biggest victory.
it should be realistic and attainable. At the same time. Prepare yourself in every way you can by increasing your knowledge and adding to your experiences. but not so far that you break. There is no telling what you can do when you believe in them. so that you can make the most of opportunity when it occurs. but never lose sight of your goals. not impossible to reach. – Mario Andretti Without goals. – Jim Rohn Goals give you more than a reason to get up in the morning. – Fitzhugh Dodson The goal you set must be challenging. – Paul G. – Charles C.24 Until input (thought) is linked to a goal (purpose) there can be no intelligent accomplishment. – Rick Hansen You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures. Thomas Goals: There is no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch. you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination. There is no telling what will happen when you act upon them. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays. – Harvey Mackay What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. Noble ©2009 Helena Ritchie. and plans to reach them. Goals tend to tap the deeper resources and draw the best out of life.com . www.theacornstash. they are an incentive to keep you going all day.
to be buried deeply in his subconscious mind and is thus enabled. or an ideal always before him. – Mark Victor Hansen You'll never achieve your dreams if they don't become goals. ambition and education. – Zig Ziglar The establishment of a clear. through repetition. – Brian Tracy Setting goals for your game is an art. – Thomas Jefferson An average person with average talent. a clear picture of his desire. The trick is in setting them at the right level neither too low nor too high. if that person has clear. can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society. www.theacornstash. – Greg Norman Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. for all your faculties and powers become directed to that end. nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Claude M. thanks to its generative and sustaining power. – Brian Tracy By recording your dreams and goals on paper. Bristol ©2009 Helena Ritchie. Just pursue the thought unceasingly. you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. to realize his goal in a minimum of time and with a minimum of physical effort. Step by step you will achieve realization. causes it. – Anonymous The person with a fixed goal. focused goals. central purpose or goal in life is the starting point of all success.25 What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.com .
– Herbert A. They give you direction. www. hope. and great satisfaction when you achieve them..com . in the present tense. Second. – Author Unknown The more goals you set . The moment you complete this.theacornstash. when written down to add clarity and dimension. First as a mental picture. exactly as if they already existed. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get. Joseph Crossman The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.. – Napoleon Hill A goal is created three times. you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire. – Mark Victor Hansen A goal properly set is halfway reached.the more goals you get. – Brian Tracy Reduce your plan to writing. – E. – Abraham Lincoln To be come fully alive a person must have goals and aims that transcend himself. – Gary Ryan Blair SET GOALS. – Jim Rohn Rewrite your major goals every day. Otto ©2009 Helena Ritchie.26 Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal. when you take action towards its achievement. And third.
27 Think little goals and expect little achievements. – Orison Swett Marden The most important thing you can do to achieve your goals is to make sure that as soon as you set them. The most important rules that I ever adopted to help me in achieving my goals were those I learned from a very successful man who taught me to first write down the goal. you immediately begin to create momentum. www.theacornstash. – Michael Korda Many people fail in life. and then to never leave the site of setting a goal without first taking some form of positive action toward its attainment. – Les Brown All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim. – David J. Schwartz Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high.com . – Elbert Hubbard Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life. Think big goals and win big success. not for lack of ability or brains or even courage but simply because they have never organized their energies around a goal. – Anthony Robbins ©2009 Helena Ritchie. one which sometimes seemed impossible. – Anthony Robbins One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.
Kettering ©2009 Helena Ritchie. determined action. www. because it is so easy to stop. – Roger Babson The most practical. – Author Unknown Achievement seems to be connected with action. We must be willing to make an intelligent compromise with perfection lest we wait forever before taking action. and then do them.28 Taking Action The path to success is to take massive. – David Schwartz It is the 'follow through' that makes the great difference between ultimate success and failure.com . It's still good advice to cross bridges as we come to them. number them in order of importance. workable philosophy in the world won't work if you won't. They make mistakes. – Zig Ziglar An Unfailing Success Plan: At each day's end write down the six most important things to do tomorrow. The difference is not one of knowing. So far as success can be reduced to a formula. it consists of this: doing what you know you should do. – Anthony Robbins Experience has taught me that there is one chief reason why some people succeed and others fail. beautiful. but of doing. – Conrad Hilton The test of a successful person is not an ability to eliminate all problems before they arise. Successful men and women keep moving. – Charles F. but to meet and work out difficulties when they do arise. but they don't quit.theacornstash. The successful man is not so superior in ability as in action.
But above all. If it fails. – Jeffrey Gitomer It is common sense to take a method and try it. Clement Stone Thinking is easy. acting is difficult. admit it frankly and try another.theacornstash. more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers. be afraid only of standing still. Roosevelt Be not afraid of growing slowly. – Booker T. www. – Chinese Proverb The best way you can predict your future is to create it. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe I think there is something. – Alexander Smith No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto. – Franklin D. and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.29 A great man is the man who does something for the fist time. – Stephen Covey The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers.com . Washington ©2009 Helena Ritchie.some small dose at a time. – W. try something. Clement Stone Take action every day . it is what a man or woman is able to do that counts. there aren't enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision. – W. – Brian Tracy The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows.
Everything you want also wants you. – Les Brown Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask.30 A man is the sum of his actions.theacornstash. Nothing else. of what he has done. and as you proceed in this spirit the way will open for you to do more. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.. – Napoleon Hill Success often comes to those who dare to act. a doer does. of what he can do. you don’t have to wait for circumstances or other people to create perspective expanding experiences. – Jack Canfield Begin to free yourself at once by doing all that is possible with the means you have. – Author Unknown If you’re proactive. – Jawaharlal Nehru ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Robert Collier A Doer doesn't dwell on success or failure. – Mahatma Gandhi Action is the foundational key to all success..com . – Anthony Robbins You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. www. – Stephen Covey Action is the real measure of intelligence. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences. You can consciously create your own. But you have to take action to get it.
31 The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. But today. – Nolan Bushnell The world has the habit of making room for the man whose actions show that he knows where he is going.theacornstash.com . – Napoleon Hill ©2009 Helena Ritchie. www. A lot of people have ideas. Not next week. It’s as simple as that. but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow.
is a success. even though the world may write him down a failure. – Malcolm S.theacornstash. Forbes Failure is success if we learn from it.. I became a cartoonist largely because I failed in my goal of becoming a successful executive. – Rosie Cash Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Edison The man who has done his level best . C. – Charles Gow Failure is only postponed success as long as courage coaches ambition. not on one failure alone but several. www. – Herbert Kaufman ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Scott Adams When we take big paces to success we leave big spaces for failure. – B.com .. – Thomas A. Forbes Most successes have been built on failures. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.32 Bumps in the Road Most success springs from an obstacle or failure. A majority of the great historic accomplishments of the past have been the final result of a persistent struggle against discouragement and failure. A man is never beaten until he thinks he is.
www. – John Keats If at first you're afraid to fail.you learn a lot more out of failure than you do out of success. then you won't ever succeed. to take the calculated risk and to act. – Author Unknown ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Thomas J.or you can learn from it. the highway to success. Because.com . really. – Harvey Mackay Often the difference between a success and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas. Make all you can. remember. – Author Unknown Failure is the backdoor to success. You can be discouraged by failure . that's where you will find success. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true. So go ahead and make mistakes. – Maxwell Maltz Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple. Failure is. It can be a positive experience. and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.33 Don't be discouraged by failure. But it isn't all that. in a sense. but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas. – Author Unknown To be ready to fail is to be prepared for success. Double your rate of failure. Watson It's good to fail now and again .theacornstash. – Author Unknown The distance from failure to success has never been longer than the bridge of HOPE.
The bitter pill of failure is often more than most people can handle. you have got the essential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces. If you are willing to accept failure and learn from it. fail miserably. – Phillip Adams Yesterday's failures are today's seeds That must be diligently planted to be able to abundantly harvest Tomorrow's success. – Edward Simmons Unless you're willing to have a go. success won't happen. www.theacornstash. – Florence Scovel Shinn Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. if you are willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back. – Author Unknown Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. – Charles F. Kettering ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Truman Capote The great dividing line between success and failure can be expressed in five words: "I did not have time. and have another go.com ." – Franklin Field Not many people are willing to give failure a second opportunity. They fail once and it is all over. – Joseph Sugarman If one asks for success and prepares for failure. one will get the situation one has prepared for.34 The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing a thing exactly right.
– Napoleon Hill Most of us look at success in the same positive way. It's how we deal with our failures that determines what we get out of life. at one time or other. every failure.com . – Daniel G. – Anthony Robbins Develop success from failures. Amen I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.theacornstash. it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe. – Napoleon Hill If you aren’t making any mistakes. www. find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.35 No man ever achieved worthwhile success who did not. – John Maxwell ©2009 Helena Ritchie. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie Every adversity.
Joyce Brothers Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years. They give up at the last minute of the game.36 Be Persistent The one sure ingredient to success is to never. – H. – Dr. They're willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to persevere in the face of many difficult odds. Remember . There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and the time they're willing to spend on it.com . – Zig Ziglar ©2009 Helena Ritchie. never give up. – Henry Ward Beecher Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence.theacornstash.the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you. – Author Unknown Our best successes often come after our greatest disappointments. – Rosie Cash Patience. They quit on the one yard line. one foot from a winning touchdown. Ross Perot Don't be distracted by criticism. – Napoleon Hill Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. – Bob Brown From the ashes of your failure with persistence will rise powerful success. www. persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
– Anonymous Defeat never comes to any man until he admits it. perhaps when you are least expecting it. www. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come. – Helen Keller ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Marie Curie The most essential factor is persistence . – Charles Kettering We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.37 I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom. – Booker T. fear has vanished and the obstruction to a life of all good removed. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. Patton I have learned that success is to be measured not to much by the position one has reached in life as by the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed. When you have that knowing inside of you. Washington Persistence gives confidence and continued right mental attitude followed by consistent action will bring success. – James Whitcomb Riley Keep on going.com . But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. and the chances are that you will stumble on something.theacornstash. – George S. – Josephus Daniels Life is not easy for any of us.
to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying. www. Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.theacornstash.38 I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. I would pick the trait of persistence. Forbes Your decision to be. even nature. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else. – Samuel Johnson ©2009 Helena Ritchie.com . one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success. C. Rockefeller If I had to select one quality. – Napoleon Hill Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. Here comes number seventy-one! – Richard M. Determination. It overcomes almost everything. DeVos A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her. – B. have and do something out of ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well. – David Brinkley One worthwhile task carried to a successful completion is worth a hundred half-finished tasks. It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun. whatever the field. The will to endure to the end. – Brian Tracy The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. – John D.
com . – Babe Ruth Consider the postage stamp. It secures success through its ability to stick to one thing until it gets there.39 You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. www. – Josh Billings ©2009 Helena Ritchie.theacornstash.
This Applies to All Forms of Success. – Dale Carnegie Fall in love with what you are going to do for a living. When you do a thing.com . Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Dale Carnegie People rarely succeed unless they are having fun at what they are doing. I'd rather be a failure in something that I love than be successful in something that I hate. be energetic. and you will accomplish your objective. – Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton Success is Created by Having Fun Doing What We Are Doing. The winner is he who gives himself to his work. be enthusiastic and faithful. – George Burns Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal. There is a Mechanics At Work.theacornstash. – Susan James ©2009 Helena Ritchie. Be active. Health and Financial. – Ralph Waldo Emerson Flaming enthusiasm. body and soul. backed by horse sense and persistence. Success In Relationships. www. is the quality that most frequently makes for success. To be able to get out of bed and do what you love to do for the rest of the day is beyond words. do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it.40 Be Enthusiastic Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. Stamp it with your own personality.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm. – Edward Bulwer-Lytton ©2009 Helena Ritchie. not to be measured by the horse-power of the understanding. the swing in your gait.com . – Conrad Hilton Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do. The grip of your hand. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes.41 Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. – Henry Ford A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm. – Norman Vincent Peale Enthusiasm is the leaping lightning. It moves stones. Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity. it charms brutes. and truth accomplishes no victories without it. the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. – Charles Schwab Enthusiasm is a vital element toward the individual success of every man or woman.theacornstash. www.
. – Danny Thomas I don’t know what your destiny will be. what we contribute. – Albert Schweitzer ©2009 Helena Ritchie. www. Unsuccessful people are always asking. – Napoleon Hill Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. help them with their lives. but one thing I do know: The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. – Jim Rohn It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.theacornstash. – Anthony Robbins Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. that gives meaning to our lives. the more they will want to help you.com . ‘What’s in it for me?” – Brian Tracy The more credit you give away..42 Give Unto Others It is not what we get. the more will come back to you. But who we become. – Brian Tracy Learn to help people with more than just their jobs. It’s what you do for others. The more you help others.
Lumsden Try to forget yourself in the service of others.theacornstash.com .43 A good criterion for measuring success in life is the number of people you have made happy. – Arnold Glasgow The basic rule of free enterprise: You must give in order to get. For when we think too much of ourselves and our own interests. www. – Zig Ziglar The more you give of that which is desirable and good the more you get. – Scott Alexander You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want. we easily become despondent. – Winston Churchill Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers. We make a life by what we give. our efforts return to bless us. – Seneca ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Napoleon Hill We make a living by what we get. But when we work for others. cheerfully. – Robert J. quickly and without hesitation. – Sidney Powell Make your life a mission – not an intermission. – Unknown We should give as we would receive.
it may be better than you dare to think. through understanding.44 The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.theacornstash. To someone. it's the mark of caring and compassion and personal greatness. give something of value and ask nothing in return! – Patricia Fripp Give what you have. – Kahlil Gibran The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose. – Albert Einstein To be really memorable. – Unknown It is well to give when asked.com . – Brian Tracy ©2009 Helena Ritchie. – Hadia Bejar Don't be reluctant to give of yourself generously. but it is better to give unasked. www.
Visit her on the web at http://www. blogger.com .helenaritchie.About the Author Helena Ritchie is an avid reader.com ©2009 Helena Ritchie. a small family-owned newsletter publishing company. www. and all-around information junkie.theacornstash. When she’s not reading and writing newsletters. she can usually be found traipsing around the Kawarthas with camera in hand. She’s also the managing editor of Ritchie Media.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.