This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. If you could morph into anyone (alive, dead, fictional, etc.), who would it be and why? 2. Sum up your writing career in one sentence. 3. What was your favorite toy as a child? Write a fond memory describing a time when you played with that toy. 4. Write about a ridiculous competition you start with a friend (e.g., a mustache-growing competition, longest-fingernail challenge, etc.). 5. After years of handing out dyed eggs, the Easter Bunny is in search of a new gift to give to kids. You're a pitchman for a company who's hoping to land the Easter Bunny's account. What's your product and your pitch? 6. Your friend tells you he can pick up any girl at the bar, no matter what he says. You bet him $100 he can't. Create the world's worst pick up line and send your friend off into the crowd. What happens? 7. You drank a little too much green beer on St. Patrick's Day and can't remember the night. A friend calls to check up on you and fills you in on what happened²and why she has your pants. 8. Rewrite a nursery rhyme (Three Blind Mice, Jack and Jill, etc.) from a character's point of view. 9. If you could take a trip anywhere in the world where would it be and why? 10. Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z." 11. You bump into an ex-lover on Valentine's Day²the one whom you often call "The One That Got Away." What happens? 12. What was the first CD (or record or cassette) you ever purchased? Write about the way that particular album made you feel then. Write about how it makes you feel now. 13. You were recently laid off. Instead of moping around, you've viewed it as a chance to start fresh. Pick a new career and write about your first day on the job. 14. What's your number one pet peeve? Develop a punishment for anyone caught in the act. 15. Take a character from one of your stories and examine his or her ipod playlist. What 10 songs best describe the character? 16. You're at a U2 concert when you receive a text from a friend that says, "You'll never believe what just happened to me!" In the form of a text chat, find out what happened to your friend. 17. What are your New Year's resolutions for 2009? Post them here and then at the end of the year, I'll feature this in the newsletter and ask you to check in to see which ones you've accomplished and reflect on your writing year.
18. What's the worst present you've ever received? How did you react and what, ultimately, did you do with the gift? 19. A man buys a parrot, and is horrified when he discovers the only thing it can say is, ³If you ever tell anyone what you saw, I¶ll kill you.´ (submitted by Khara House) 20. You've been hired by a bumper sticker manufacturer to come up with ideas. Write a clever or witty phrase you'd love to see on a bumper sticker. (If you want, write several.) 21. You head to the mall for some holiday shopping and, just as you're about to park, someone steals your parking spot. Do you do something for revenge or do you stay in the holiday spirit and not let it bother you²and let karma do the dirty work? 22. If you had to choose between yesterday and tomorrow, which would you pick and why? 23. You're cleaning out your garage and, hidden away in a back corner, you find an old shoebox. The box is heavier than it should be. When you open it up, you find cash² $40,000, to be exact. Where did the cash come from, who hid it there and why? 24. You're taking a business trip and, as luck would have it, you're upgraded to first class²something you've never done before. As you sit down in your new, more comfortable chair, you notice that the person sitting next to you is a famous musician. Write this scene. 25. Thinking back to your childhood and the many Halloween costumes you wore, which costume was your favorite and why? 26. You awaken with amnesia in what looks to be an igloo. You have $4 and a rock in one pocket, and a toothbrush in the other. Someone is staring at you. Write this scene. 27. When out to lunch with co-workers, you bump into a close friend who refers to you by a nickname. Because of its unusualness, the nickname catches the interest of one of your co-workers who asks for the story behind it. Start your story with, "This may come as a surprise, but ... " and end it with, "And that's how I got the nickname (fill in the blank)." 28. After 42 years with your company, the day has finally arrived: your last day of work. Your coworkers throw you a lunch retirement party. After cake, one coworker asks you to reflect on your years with the company. So you do²and you hold nothing back. 29. Write about an intense game of Scrabble that takes an ugly turn for the worse. 30. A hurricane hits in the South and folks are asked to evacuate. You're out of the hurricane's reach and offer your home up to anyone seeking refuge. A family member takes you up on the offer. When she arrives, she describes²in vivid detail²her experience. 31. You're in bed and you awaken to a presidential candidate standing outside your window, staring into your face with a giant smile. What's going on? (Fictional candidates, preferably). 32. Your best friend has been arrested for illegally downloading music. While in jail, he asks you to go to his house and clear everything off his computer. As you start
deleting files, you notice a folder called "Top Secret." Out of curiosity, you open it² and are shocked by what you find. 33. What was the your favorite possession when you were a kid? Why did you love it so much and how did it affect your life? 34. After years of leading a normal life, you discover you have a special ability. Afraid to share this information with anyone, you confide only in your closest friend. To your surprise, your friend shares some information with you²he also has a super power. 35. Two synchronized diving partners overcome a behind-the-scene scuffle to compete in the Olympics and win the gold. 36. You wake up in jail and have no memory of how you got there. As you pace around the cell, you find five items in your pocket from the night before. As you look at each piece, the night slowly comes back to you. Write about your night, why you have these five items and how you ended up in jail. 37. You've been hired as a writer for "Late Show with David Letterman." Your first assignment is to come up with a witty, nonpolitical Top Ten list for him to read on air. 38. Write an apology letter to yourself for not taking a chance you wish you would have²whether it be in love, work, your writing career or even something silly. 39. A terrible thunderstorm leaves you without power. When the storm is over you head outside and notice a neighbor heading your way. She's afraid the food in her fridge will go bad, so she's invited you and two other neighbors over for dinner²and it turns out to be one of the most memorable nights of your life. 40. After six months of mailing resumes all over the city, you finally have a bite. Though under-qualified for the position, you attend the interview anyway because you desperately need work. As the boss starts to ask questions, you notice that he's not reading from your resume²it's someone else's. Instead of correcting him, you go with it. Write this interview. 41. You're hosting a 4th of July party at your house. Your closest friend is in charge of the firework show and it's a spectacular display of colors in the sky²that is, until one rogue firework misfires into your neighbor's home and catches her roof on fire. Write this scene. 42. Where is your favorite place to read and why? 43. Recount the day you took the driver's test (whether you successfully got your license or not). If you've never taken the test, write how you imagine it'll go. 44. You're trying to lose weight and decide to keep a weekly diet journal. Write four short journal entries that show your progress (or lack thereof) over the span of your first month. 45. At an Internet café, you've accidentally stumbled across an unlikely family member's MySpace page. What do you find? How do you deal with it? 46. Forrest Gump once said, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get." What is writing like? Write a simile that starts with the phrase, "Writing is like ... ." 47. You and a friend have just finished a lovely meal at your favorite restaurant. But things take a turn when you notice that the waiter has scribbled an unexpected²and startling²message on your bill. Write this scene.
48. The government has issued a warning that a particular (and common) household item is having an unusual side effect on children. Worse yet, you own this item. You rush home to check on your kids. When you get there, you're shocked to find that your kids have ... . Write this scene. 49. You've just had one of the most grueling days of your life when you stumble upon a wishing well. While you don't typically believe in such things, you need a pick-meup. So you toss a penny down the well and make a wish. Lo and behold, it comes true. 50. Start your story with, "In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea." And end it with, "And that's how I attempted to make this world a better place." 51. Write a short story based on your favorite song, using the song¶s title as your story¶s title and the lyrics for your plot. 52. Write about a millionaire who suddenly loses his fortune and finds himself without any possessions. 53. Describe your dream house. Where is it located? How many bedrooms? Is there a swing set in the backyard or a motorcycle? The more details, the better. 54. In 2020, The Associated Press writes another story about the Writer's Digest legacy, and they've dedicated an entire paragraph to your successful career. When flipping through your local paper, you find the story. What does the paragraph say? 55. Write a 16-line poem (rhyming or non-rhyming) about a moment from your childhood that changed your life for the better. 56. You're at home watching "CSI" when you hear a faint scratching at the door. Upon opening it, you see a small dog looking up at you. You examine the dog's collar and see a phone number and the message "If you find this cat, call this number immediately." (Yes, that's right, cat.) Against your better judgment, you call the number. Two hours later you find yourself in a basement with two dead bodies on the floor. What happened? 57. You're in an unfamiliar situation. People you know are there, though they are all acting strange. As the scene moves on, it becomes clear that you're about to be executed by friends and you have no idea why. Find out why and attempt to save yourself. 58. Babies typically talk in babbles that adults can't understand. But one day, while at the park, you're sitting on a bench next to two babies. They start their babbling, when all of a sudden you realize you can understand them. Even more, they are plotting a nefarious plan. Write this scene. 59. Let's write a story together. Add one sentence to help further the story (you can read the sentences before it to stay on theme). There is one catch: You must start your sentence with the alphabet letter that follows the one that started the prior sentence. For example, if the last sentence is "The sun was shining bright that morning," the first word of your sentence must start with a "U." (When it gets to "Z," start back again with "A."). 60. You're a stand-up comedian having a good night on stage except for one loudmouth in the back of the crowd who keeps heckling you. As your set ends, you storm off stage to confront this person, only to discover it's (fill in the blank). Write this scene.
61. It's garbage day and you put your trash on the curb, but when you return home from work, it's still there (though everyone else's garbage has been taken away). The next week, it happens again--and again the following week. Why is the trash collector snubbing you? Write a scene explaining why he's skipping your garbage and how you figured it out. 62. Look around the room and pick an object. Write one paragraph describing the object in full detail and a second paragraph explaining where it came from. 63. You're sitting at work one day and receive a text message from an unrecognized number. The text says, "I have the money and hid the body." You think this is a practical joke from a friend, so you play along at first. But the more texts you receive, the more you realize that it isn't a joke. Write the text conversation you have with this unknown texter. 64. After years of unhappiness, you've finally had enough and have decided to quitbut we're not talking about your job. Write a letter of resignation to someone other than your employeryour school, your family, your favorite sports team, whatever. Just be sure to keep it PG-13. 65. Create a character that has an unusual phobia. Write a scene that causes that character to face his fear. 66. What are your New Year's resolutions for 2008? Post them on our forum and then, at the end of the year, I'll check in to see which ones you've accomplished. 67. You have a job interview and meet the interviewer. When you leave the interview, you realize you've mistakenly taken the interviewer's phone and he's taken yours. The new phone rings and the caller ID reveals it's someone you know. 68. After drinking a few too many eggnogs at your annual holiday party, you wake up the next morning realizing you did some things you now regret. Write an e-mail to your boss that will ensure you still get a raise next year. 69. Write a 26-word story where every word begins with a different letter of the alphabet. 70. You go to the doctor for a regular checkup and she gives you some life-changing news. Write this scene. 71. Finish this sentence: I'm thankful I'm a writer because ... 72. Your family isn't cooperating with your writing career, so you've decided to go on strike. Write a list of demands that must be met in order for you to return to your chores and household responsibilities. (Don't forget to make a concession or two to speed up the negotiation process.) 73. You are running for president of the writing community. What promises do you make to swing voters in your direction? (For example, if Maria Schneider were running she would ban semi-colons and the word "whom" from the English language). 74. Most of us set a New Year's resolution that this was going to be the year we finished our manuscript. But once again, we neglected it. Write an apology letter to your manuscript explaining what happened and how you plan to make it up to the manuscript by December 31. 75. You're a pizza delivery driver and it's your last stop of the night. The house is on an unlit, unfamiliar street. As you ring the doorbell, you're greeted by an unusual
character who invites you in while he gets cash--and abruptly knocks you out cold. When you wake up, you're tied to a chair. What happens next? 76. As writers, we all love to read good books for inspiration. What book inspired you as a writer and why? 77. What's the best prank you've ever pulled on someone? 78. You bump into a genie and she offers to grant you three wishes. What are your wishes and why? 79. · What is something you dislike about yourself? 80. · What is something you do well? 81. · What is your favourite room in your home and why? 82. · What is a good neighbour? 83. · What is the worst thing parents can do to their children? 84. · What is your favourite time of day? 85. · What is your idea of a dull evening? 86. · What is the best way to treat meddlesome people? 87. · What is something you are optimistic about? 88. · What is something you are pessimistic about? 89. · What is your most indispensable possession and why? 90. · What is the meaning of "He laughs best who laughs last"? 91. · What is your favourite song and why? 92. · What is the best birthday present you ever received? 93. · What is the best birthday present you could receive? 94. · What is something that makes you feel sad? 95. · What is your favourite book and why? 96. · What is something that really bugs you? 97. · What is something that really makes you angry? 98. · What is the best advice you ever received? 99. · What is your favourite holiday? What makes this holiday special? 100. · What is your favourite day of the week? 101. · What is your favourite month? Why? 102. · What would happen if you could fly whenever you wanted? When would you use this ability? 103. · What would happen if there were no television? Why would this be good? bad? 104. · What would happen if everyone lived in space? What type of houses would they live in? What type of clothing would they wear? What type of food would they eat? How would they travel? 105. · What if cows gave root beer instead of milk? 106. · What if all the streets were rivers? What would be different? 107. · What would happen if people never co-operated? Why do you think it is important to co-operate? 108. · What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs? 109. · What would happen if animals could talk? What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals? 110. · What would happen if you could become invisible whenever you wanted to? What are some of the things you could do that you cannot do now? 111. · What would happen if everyone wore the same clothes? 112. · What would happen if you threw a piece of trash on the ground?
113. What if everyone did? 114. · What if you could walk up walls and across ceilings? 115. · What would happen if you loved your neighbour as yourself? 116. What if everyone did? 117. · What would happen if you grew taller than trees? How would this change your life? 118. · What would happen if children ruled the world? 119. · What would happen if there were no cars, buses, trains, boats, or planes? How would this change your life? 120. · What if everyone lived under water? Where would people live? 121. What games would children play? What would school be like? 122. · What would happen if you found gold in your backyard? 123. · What would you do if a bully bothered you on your way home? 124. · What would you do if you did very poorly of a test? 125. · What would you do if a friend borrows things from you but never returns them? 126. · What would you do if You were the teacher and everyone forgot his homework? 127. · What would you do if you were in the middle of the lake and your boat began to leak? 128. · What would you do if Your friend had a broken leg? How would you cheer him up? 129. · What would you do if you saw little bugs in your salad? 130. · What would you do if you woke up in another country and no one could understand you? 131. · What would you do if you ordered an ice cream cone and you forgot to bring money? 132. · What would you do if someone got in front of you when you were in line at the movies? 133. · What would you do if your jelly sandwich fell upside down on the floor? 134. · What would you do if only one hot dog is left and neither you nor your friend have had one? 135. · What would you do if two of your best friends went to the movies without inviting you? 136. · What would you do if the surprise party was for you but you weren't surprised? 137. · What would you do if you got a present you didn't like? 138. · What would you do if you were at home and your homework was at school? 139. · What would you do if you dropped the cookie jar and it broke? 140. · What would you do if you were invited to two parties on the same day? 141. · What would you do if you promised to feed your pet and you didn't? 142. · What would you do if someone said you did something wrong and you didn't? 143. · What would you do if your new shoes felt fine in the store but now they are hurting? 144. · What would you do if someone told you a joke that you don't
think is funny? 145. · What would you do if an hour before the party you remember you don't have a gift? 146. · What would you do if a friend comes to your house and his/her mom doesn't know he's/she's there? 147. · What would you do if you had four math problems marked wrong that were right? 148. · What would you do if you found in the street? 149. · What would you do if you found a magic wand? 150. · What would you do if you wanted to be friends with someone who spoke no English? 151. · What would you say if someone told you it was all right to steal from a large department store? 152. · What would you do if you saw a friend cheating--report it, confront the friend, nothing--and why? 153. · If you could have been someone in history, who would you have been? 154. · If you could only take 3 people with you on a trip around the world, who would you take and why? 155. · If you could give any gift in the world, what would you give and to whom? 156. · If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 157. · If you received any sum of money as a gift, what would you do 158. with it? 159. · If you could do whatever you wanted to right now, what would 160. you do? 161. · If you were principal of this school, what would you do? 162. · If you were a mouse in your house in the evening, what would 163. you see your family doing? 164. · If you were five years older you would... 165. · If you were lost in the woods and it got dark, what would you 166. do? 167. · If it were your job to decide what shows can be on t.v., how 168. would you choose? 169. · If there were no rules, what do you think would happen? 170. · If you owned a store, what would you do to discourage people 171. from stealing from you? 172. · If you could participate in an Olympic event, which one would 173. you choose and why? <P 174. · If you could break the Guiness Book of Records it would be for? 175. · If you had to describe yourself as a colour, which would you 176. choose? 177. · If your friend told you of a secret plan to run away from home, 178. what would you do and why? 179. What do you think... 180. · What do you think of 3D movies? 181. · What do you think someone your age can do to help reduce the 182. amount of pollution in our environment? 183. · What do you think the world needs now? 184. · What do you think your friends say to each other when you're
185. 186. 187. 188. 189. 190. 191. 192. 193. 194. 195. 196. 197. 198. 199. 200. 201. 202. 203. 204. 205. 206. 207. 208. 209. 210. 211. 212. 213. 214. 215. 216. 217. 218. 219. 220. 221. 222. 223. 224. 225. 226. 227. 228. 229. 230. 231. 232. 233. 234.
not around? · What do you think about the amount of violence on T.V.? · What do you think about people polluting the environment? · What do you think about having set rules for people to follow? · What do you think about people who are inconsiderate of others? · What do you think should be done to keep people who are under the influence of alcohol off the road? · What do you think the world will be like when you are a grown up? · What do you think about ghosts? · What do you think of someone who has bad manners? · What do you think about people who take advantage of others? · What do you think about when you can't fall asleep? · What do you think courage means? · What do you think makes a good friend? · What do you think makes a happy family? · What pollutants do you think do the most damage and why? · What things do you think are beautiful? What...misc. · What do you like most about yourself? · What do you like to do in your free time? · What kind of animal would you like to be and why? · What kind of trophy would you like to win? · What TV or movie star would you like to invite to your birthday party? · What does "Clothes make the person" mean to you? · What does "Have your cake and eat it too" mean to you? · What does "The early bird gets the worm" mean to you? · What do we mean when we say, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"? · What does "You can't take it with you" mean? · What do we mean when we say, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"? · What do we mean when we say, "Hitch your wagon to a star"? · What does "still waters run deep" mean to you? · What does "There are two sides to every coin" mean to you? · What does Canada mean to you? · What are you afraid of? Why? · What are junk foods? · What are some nutritious foods that you like? · What are some rules you have to follow at home? · What are some examples of prejudice? · What is more important to you, appearance or personality? · What is most important to you in a friend--loyalty, generosity, honesty--why? · What is something that makes you melancholy? · What makes your best friend your best friend? · What makes you feel safe? · What makes you laugh? · What would you invent to make life better?
235. 236. 237. 238. 239. 240. 241. 242. 243. 244. 245. 246. 247. 248. 249. 250. 251. 252. 253. 254. 255. 256. 257. 258. 259. 260. 261. 262. 263. 264. 265. 266. 267. 268. 269. 270. 271. 272. 273. 274. 275. 276. 277. 278. 279. 280. 281. 282. 283. 284.
· What would you do to entertain your family without spending any money? · What effects does watching violence have on people? · What effects do cigarette and alcohol advertising have on young people? · What kind of t.v. commercial would you like to make? Describe it. · What kind of pet would you most like to have--monkey, snake, goat--why? · What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV--detective shows, comedies, game shows--and why? · What advice would you give a new student? · What advice would you give to someone who stole something but now feels guilty? · What things are better than going to school? Why? · What talents do you have? · What three words would describe you right now? · What four things are most important in your life? · What colour makes you think of happiness? · What has been the most fun activity at school so far? · What quality do you like about yourself--creativity, personality, appearance--why? · What eccentric behaviour in a friend disturbs you the most? · What parts of nature do you like best? · What do you do for exercise? How... · How do you feel when it's your birthday? Why? · How do you feel on the first day of winter? Why? · How would you feel if you were going to be on a show? Why? · How do you feel when you do something wrong? · How do you feel when you do something that is very good? · How do you feel when you play a trick on someone? · How would you feel if a new child moved into your neighbourhood? · How do you think the new child would feel? · How do you feel when you have had a fight with your best friend? · How do you think your friend felt? · How do you feel when you are in bed with the lights out? · How do you feel when you want something very badly and you cannot have it? Why is this so important to have? · How do you feel on a warm sunny day? · How do you feel when you stay with a babysitter? · How do you feel when you're leaving home on vacation? · How do you feel when you sleep at someone's house? · How do you feel during a thunderstorm? · How do you feel on the first day of school? · How do you feel when your parents are upset with you? Why do they become upset with you? · How do you feel on Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for?
285. 286. 287. 288. 289. 290. 291. 292. 293. 294. 295. 296. 297. 298. 299. 300. 301. 302. 303. 304. 305. 306. 307. 308. 309. 310. 311. 312. 313. 314. 315. 316. 317. 318. 319. 320. 321. 322. 323. 324. 325. 326. 327. 328. 329. 330. 331. 332. 333. 334.
· How do feel on (any holiday)? · How do you feel when something scares you? What do you do when this happens? · How would you feel if someone told you that you were his or her best friend? · How do you feel about your appearance? · How would you change the world to make it better? · How do you think eating junk food affects you? · How do you have the most fun--alone, with a large group, with a few friends--and why? · Explain how to play your favorite game. I wish... · I wish I had a million... Then I would... · I wish I had one... because · I wish I could be like.... This person is special because.... · I wish to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will.... · I wish there were a law that said..... This would be a good law because.... · I wish I could forget the time I ..... because.... · I wish trees could..... because.... · I wish I could see...... because..... · I wish I could learn..... because..... · I wish I didn't have to eat...... I don't like this food because..... · I wish everyone would learn to ..... Then everyone would..... · I wish I never...... · I wish I had one more chance to..... Then I would..... · I wish there was an electric...... · I wish I had enough money to...... · I wish everyone loved...... · I wish all children would...... · I wish everyone had..... · I wish I could touch...... · I wish animals could...... If they could, then..... · I wish I looked like.... because...... · I wish there were no more..... · I wish I didn't have to..... · I wish I could go to..... · I wish there really was..... If there really was, then..... · I wish I could hear...... · I wish I could give...... · If all my wishes came true, I would...... Describe... · Describe a time when you felt vengeful. · Describe your favourite toy. Why do you like it best? · Describe the most ludicrous outfit you can think of. · Describe the best teacher you ever had. When... · When you are angry, how do you look? · When are you happiest? · When have you felt lonely?
335. 336. 337. 338. 339. 340. 341. 342. 343. 344. 345. 346. 347. 348. 349. 350. 351. 352. 353. 354. 355. 356. 357. 358. 359. 360. 361. 362. 363. 364. 365. 366. 367. 368. 369. 370. 371. 372. 373. 374. 375. 376. 377. 378. 379. 380. 381. 382. 383. 384.
· When do you feel proud? · When was the last time you cried and why? · When a friend was in an embarrassing situation, what did you do? · When it might hurt their feelings, how do you feel about telling your friends the truth? · When might it be bad to be honest? · When someone picks on someone else, how do you feel? What do you do? · Once, when you were very frightened, what happened? · Once, when you were embarrassed, what happened? · Once, when your feelings were hurt, what happened? Which... · Which quality best describes your life--exciting, organised, dull-and why? · Which quality do you dislike most about yourself--laziness, selfishness, childishness--and why? · Which place would you most like to visit--Africa, China, Alaska-why? · Which holiday has the most meaning for you-Canada Day, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day--and why? · Which is least important to you--money, power, fame--and why? · Which is most important to you--being popular, accomplishing things, being organised--and why? Who... · Who do you talk to when you have a problem? · Who is your favourite Star Wars character (or other movie/book/t.v. show, etc.)? · Who or what has had a strong influence in your life? Where... · Where would you prefer to be right now--mountains, desert, beach--and why? Why... · Why is it important to be honest? · Why is important to have good manners? · Why do you think adults smoke/drink? · Why is exercise important to someone your age? · Why do you think some people encourage others to smoke/drink? · Why do you think the rules you must follow are good or bad? · Why would it be good to be honest? · Why have men and women usually only done certain types of work? · Why should or shouldn't a man stay home to care for the house and children while his wife goes to work? · Why do you think some people take advantage of others? · Why do you think prejudice exists in the world? · Why would we say that someone is "passing the buck"? · Why would a Prime Minister have a sign on his desk which read, "The buck stops here"?
385. · Why do you think tact is an important quality? 386. · Why is it not wise to squander your money? 387. · Explain why we say, "dead as a door nail". 388. Misc... 389. · Do you think there is too much fighting on t.v. Why or why not? 390. · Do you think it is necessary to have alcohol at a party in order to 391. have a good time? 392. · Does it bother you to be around someone who has bad 393. manners? 394. · Should there be a dress code in places such as school, 395. restaurants, and places of business? Why or why not? 396. · Should animals be used for medical research? 397. · Should the Canadian Government financially support Olympic 398. teams? 399. · Should people be prohibited from smoking in certain places? 400. · Families are important because... 401. · Would you like to be famous? Why or why not? What would you 402. like to be famous for? 403. FIRST LIST, THEN WRITE A PIECE (POEM OR PARAGRAPH OR WHATEVER) ABOUT 404. ALL THE PLACES YOU'VE CALLED 'HOME' IN YOUR LIFE. 405. WRITE ABOUT THE TIME YOU MADE YOUR PARENTS THE ANGRIEST. TELL PART 406. OF THE STORY AS IF IT WAS HAPPENING IN SLOW MOTION. 407. WHO FROM YOUR EARLY CHILDHOOD WOULD YOU CONTACT FIRST, IF YOU HAD THE 408. TIME AND ABILITY TO DO SO? 409. THINK OF A FAVORITE TOY FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD. WRITE ABOUT IT. 410. Monday: FIND THE BLANKEST WALL WHERE YOU ARE (IN CAN BE JUST PART OF 411. A WALL, IF NEED BE) AND STARE AT IT FOR 5 TO 10 UNINTERRUPTED 412. MINUTES. WRITE ABOUT THE THOUGHTS THAT WENT THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHILE 413. YOU STARED. 414. 415. Tuesday: WHICH SIN DID YOU PROBABLY COMMIT FIRST? WRITE ABOUT IT IN 416. A STORY OR POEM OR WHATEVER. 417. 418. Wednesday: WRITE A LETTER TO THE FIRST PERSON (NOT A MEMBER OF YOUR 419. FAMILY) YOU EVER KISSED. SEND THE LETTER ONLY IF YOU DARE! 420.
421. Thursday: VISIT HTTP://WRITINGFIX.COM `S SERENDIPITOUS SUPERHERO 422. CREATOR AND HAVE A RANDOM SUPERHERO DEALT TO YOU. WRITE SOMETHING 423. CREATIVE ABOUT THE UNIQUE SUPERHERO YOU END UP. THE SUPERHERO 424. GENERATOR CAN BE FOUND HERE: 425. http://writingfix.com/rightbrain/serendipitoussuperhero.htm 426. 427. Friday: EXPLAIN A DREAM YOU'VE HAD RECENTLY WITHOUT USING THE 428. WORDS "I" OR "ME." 429. 430. Saturday: DESCRIBE YOU IN YOUR MOST COMFORTABLE REAL PLACE. 431. Monday: OPEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR (FOR REAL OR IN YOUR MIND) AND LOOK 432. FOR AN ITEM YOU'VE NEVER WRITTEN ABOUT IN THERE. WRITE A POEM OR 433. PARAGRAPH OR PLAY (OR WHATEVER) ABOUT SOMETHING IN YOUR FRIDGE. 434. 435. Tuesday: WRITE A POEM OR PARAGRAPH (OR WHATEVER) THAT EXPLAINS YOUR 436. OPINION OF AND EMOTIONS FELT FOR THE SEVEN SEPARATE DAYS OF THE WEEK. 437. 438. Wednesday: LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IN A VERY 439. LONG TIME. WRITE ABOUT A MEMORY ASSOCIATED WITH THAT MUSIC. 440. 441. Thursday: AS AN EXERCISE, VISIT HTTP://WRITINGFIX.COM `S 442. SERENDIPITOUS SETTING MAKER AND HAVE A RANDOM PLACE DEALT TO YOU. 443. WRITE SOMETHING CREATIVE ABOUT THE UNIQUE PLACE YOU END UP WITH. THE 444. SETTING GENERATOR CAN BE FOUND HERE: 445. http://writingfix.com/rightbrain/serendipitoussetting.htm 446. 447. Friday: REMEMBER A FAVORITE BOOK FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD. WRITE A SCENE 448. THAT INCLUDES YOU AND AN OLD COPY OF THAT BOOK YOU FIND SOMEWHERE.
449. 450. Saturday: IMAGINE YOUR LIFE AS A BOARD GAME, LIKE MONOPOLY OR LIFE. 451. WRITE WHAT SEVERAL OF THE SPACES YOUR GAME-PIECE COULD LAND ON MIGHT 452. READ, OR WHAT SEVERAL OF THE 'CHANCE' CARDS WOULD SAY. PUT WHAT 453. YOU'VE WRITTEN IN A LONGER PIECE OF WRITING. 454. Monday: WRITE ABOUT THE FIRST TIME YOU REMEMBER BEING ILL. 455. 456. Tuesday: WRITE A JOURNAL ENTRY ABOUT THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU 457. EVER RECEIVED. 458. 459. Wednesday: WRITE ABOUT THE FIRST FAMILY VACATION THAT POPS INTO YOUR 460. HEAD. 461. 462. Thursday: AS AN EXERCISE, VISIT HTTP://WRITINGFIX.COM `S 463. SERENDIPITOUS FORTUNE COOKIE AND RECEIVE YOUR SERENDIPITOUS FORTUNE. 464. WRITE THE STORY OF THE PERSON WHO IS ABOUT TO OR WHO HAS JUST 465. RECEIVED THAT FORTUNE FROM A COOKIE: 466. http://writingfix.com/rightbrain/serendipitousfortune.htm 467. 468. Friday: FOCUS ON JUST THE FIRST HOUR OF YOUR WAKING DAY. WRITE A 469. JOURNAL ENTRY DESCRIBING IT IN DEPTH. 470. 471. Saturday: WRITE ABOUT THE TIME YOU MADE YOUR PARENTS THE ANGRIEST. 472. TELL PARTS OF THE STORY AS THOUGH THEY WERE HAPPENING IN SLOW MOTION. 473.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.