Exam : Comptia PD1001 Title : CompTIA PDI+ Beta Exam
Update : Demo
shaft rotation.Writes the latent image on the photoconductor D. An encoder sensor typically detects: A.Cleans the photoconductor Answer: A
2. D. C.Call the telephone company to increase the line signal level. B. Which of the following functions is associated with the developer unit? A.
.magnetic flux.Clean the printer head on the local machine. The user complains of streaks on the received faxes while the internal selfprints are fine. All rights reserved. Answer: B
3. The customer has a dedicated ink jet fax machine that is used to send and receive faxes only from the corporate office.Transfer
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 2
KillTest Information Co.Development D.Clean the scanner glass on the distant machine. C.Clean the scanner glass on the local machine.Charges the surface of the photoconductor C.laser beam strength. Ltd.Supplies toner to the photoconductor B.paper position. Which of the following stages in the laser print process attracts toner to the latent image on the photoconductor? A. B. Answer: A
4. Which of the following should a technician recommend? A. D..Writing B.Fusing C.1.
2 C. D.4 Answer: B
8.Investigate the printers status. B. All rights reserved.3 D. How many CCDs are located in a single pass duplex ADF? A..Gather information from the primary user. C. Answer: D
6. and then evaluate the printers condition.PING B.
.When it is full.It is not recommended. Which of the following utilities could be used to determine a subnet mask? A.After each call. then ask the primary user to write down what they think is wrong. When is it advisable to dump the waste toner from a technicians service vacuum? A.
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 3
KillTest Information Co.IPCONFIG Answer: D
7.One B.Go directly to the printer and investigate any issues that are found.Before performing preventative maintenance. B. D. and then inform the primary user what the issue is. Ltd.Answer: C
5.TRACERT D. C.Check the printers error log.NSLOOKUP C. Which of the following would be the BEST process for the technician to follow when beginning to diagnose a unit at a customers site? A.
residual charge can be removed by which of the following? (Select TWO).The new computer is printing to the wrong IP address.The driver port is not setup correctly. They can print to the printer but the option for duplex printing is not available.The scanner section D. Answer: D
10. A polygon mirror is part of which of the following assemblies? A.The paper feed section B.The option has not been selected on the driver. During the photoconductor preparation step. In which of the following sections of an MFP would a technician find a Xenon Lamp? A.Oil
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 4
KillTest Information Co. A.Fuser assembly Answer: A
11. Ltd.Charge assembly D. Which of the following is the cause of the problem? A. All other computers have the option.The fuser section C. B.Developer unit C.Answer: B
9..Laser unit B.The transfer section Answer: C
12. A customer has installed a new computer on their network. C. All rights reserved.Pressure B. D.
.The new computer is using the wrong protocol.
The polygon mirror is located in which of the following components?
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 5
KillTest Information Co.Fusing section D.Pickup Roller D.
.Print Heads B.Material Safety Data Sheets B.C. All rights reserved.Cleaning heads C.Installation Guides C.Media feed rollers B. A customer is concerned about excessive media jamming in their device.. Ltd. Which of the following components is part of the ink dispersion system? A.Electrical Charge Answer: CE
13. The proper safety guidelines for handling any device specific consumables can be found in which of the following documentation? A.Gravity E. Which of the following is the FIRST thing a technician should check? A.Devices Parts Catalog Answer: A
15.Light D.Device log data Answer: D
16.Cassette drawers C.Consumer Reports D.Charge Assembly Answer: A
.Magenta C. Which of the following is the purpose of a torque limiter in a roller? A.It reduces the cost per page when printing gray scale documents.Scanner unit C. D.To make it easier to replace rollers. Using the CMYK color model. The technician should:
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 6
KillTest Information Co.Yellow D. the color purple is produced by combining cyan and which other color? A.Laser unit Answer: D
17.Developer unit B.It prevents moir patterns when printing color photographs.It makes the color toner resistant to smudging when wet.Green B. Answer: C
20.To reduce wear and tear on rollers. Which of the following is a reason black toner is used in color printers? A.Fuser unit D.To provide resistance but still allow some slippage.. C. B. Answer: B
18.Black Answer: B
19.It decreases the print speed in color laser printers.To limit the amount of movement by media. Ltd. B. C. A technician is troubleshooting a network connectivity issue on a MFD and would like to eliminate the possibility of another device on the network having the same IP address.A. D. All rights reserved.
Halogen C. When onsite repairing a printer the technicians cell phone rings and it is a personal call. Ltd. and from their description it seems to be two separate problems. C.Answer the call and tell the friend you will call them later.Answer the call and talk to your friend at the customer site. how should the technician handle this? A.disconnect the MFD and ping the subnet mask.Ignore both of them and decide what the real problem is. Answer: C
23. two different users describe the problem. B.disconnect the MFD and ping the loopback address.Have them duplicate the problem at the device. D.Incandescent D.Let it go to voicemail. Which of the following type of lamp is used for heating a fuser? A. All rights reserved. D. B. C. Which of the following is an appropriate step to take? A.Xenon B. C.
.A. D.Let it ring and call the friend back when the customer leaves.disconnect the MFD and ping the IP address. call them back between service calls.run the ipconfig command from the command prompt.Light Emitting Diode Answer: B
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) |
KillTest Information Co.. Answer: C
22. B. Answer: A
21. When arriving at the customers location.Set up a separate call for each problem.Ask a third person and see if the problem is the same thing.
Which of the following devices can route electrical signals only when activated by an external control signal? A. the steps taken to resolve them and query the client if they have any additional needs. check back with the client in a week to see if they have any additional needs.Explain the solution to the issue and then provide the client with the technicians contact information in case they have any questions. B.Explain the issues of the call. C.. D.when the device is becoming unreliable.Proceed to the next service call. All rights reserved.according to manufacturers specifications. Which of the following is the FIRST step a technician should take when troubleshooting a device issue? A.every sixty days.Read the service documentation for possible causes. D. Scheduled preventative maintenance visits should be carried out: A. Answer: B
. C. C.Check the parts life counters.24.Gather information from the customer.Give the client a technical explanation on the issue and how it was fixed; throw any faulty equipment in the clients garbage. B.Isolate the problem on the device. Answer: A
27. Ltd.after two unplanned service calls.Solenoid
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 8
KillTest Information Co. B. How should a service representative provide closure at the end of a call for a client? A. D. Answer: A
Letterhead D.Clutch D. All rights reserved.Halogen lamps B.Scanner section B.Light Emitting Diodes (LED) C.Hot roller D. Which of the following types of media would MOST likely cause above normal amounts of machine jamming? A.Envelopes B.B.Halogen lamp B. Which of the following components contains the analog to digital converter? A.Pressure roller Answer: A
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 9
KillTest Information Co.Ball bearing C. Ltd.Colored media C.Cleaning roller Answer: B 30.
..Relay C. Which of the following items can be used as a discharge lamp? A.Fuser lamp D.Pre punched Answer: A
31. Which of the following failed components would be responsible for the fuser unit not heating properly? A.Capacitor Answer: B
All rights reserved.Reflector sensor B.Magnetic switch C. B. Which of the following components places ink directly on the media in an ink dispersion device? A.Absorption pads C.Ink supply Answer: A
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 10
KillTest Information Co. Which of the following components prevents the print head from clogging? A.It feeds paper into the printer.Paper tray Answer: A
32.Carriage C.Ink supply Answer: C
34.Purge unit B.Purge unit B.
.Toggle switch D. Ltd.ADF D.Carriage D.C. Which of the following electrical components detects a change of state by blocking the infrared beam with a flag or actuator? A.Print head D.. Which of the following is the primary function of the purge unit? A.Interrupt sensor Answer: D
33.It moves the print head back and forth.
Which of the following should be done when a printed output is smearing? (Select TWO). the next step is: A.Fusing unit D.fusing. Ltd. D. D..Verify the manufacturer of the media. The latent image is created on the photoconductor by which of the following? A.C.ceramic resistor. A.halogen lamp. B.Verify that the media used is according to manufacturer specifications. Answer: AD
37.developing. C.friction roller.Scanner unit Answer: A
39.Laser unit B.Check cable connections from the computer to the printer. Answer: C
.It prevents the nozzles from clogging. C. B. Answer: D
36. D. A typical component used to generate heat in the fusing unit is a: A.
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 11
KillTest Information Co. B. All rights reserved.Check to see if the laser unit is obstructed. After toner is transferred to the paper.Transfer unit C.Check the media setting in the device driver / application.charging unit.It delivers ink directly to the media.
charge coupled device (CCD).Aluminized mirrors B.purging. Answer: B
40. B..print file maker (PFM). C. B.C.image data from the scanner. D. All rights reserved. Ltd. D.dual inline memory module (DIMM). C.fuser exit timing sensor. The charge assembly typically receives its bias from the: A.developer unit.raster image processor (RIP). The section that converts the received PCL5e print file into a data signal useable by the laser unit is called the: A.laser unit. Answer: A
41. D.Polarized mirrors C. C.high voltage power supply (HVPS).low voltage power supply (LVPS). B. Answer: B
42.Second surface mirrors
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 12
KillTest Information Co. D.
.pickup rollers in the media tray. Answer: B 43.charging. Which of the following mirrors is used in scanners? A. The registration assembly synchronizes the sheet of paper to the: A.image on the photoconductor.
C.D.First surface mirrors Answer: D
44.Install an OCR program. Ltd. C..
. A customer wants to edit text from an original scanned image.light streaks on the prints.dark streaks on the prints. a technician needs to know which of the following? A.Scan using the PDF format and then edit the text.DNS settings B.Install a WYSIWYG program. All rights reserved. D.IP address
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) | 13
KillTest Information Co. B. Which of the following performs a similar function to a charge coupled device (CCD)? A.LED D. Answer: A
45.Scan using the TIFF format and then edit the text.LCD Answer: A
46. Answer: A
47. D. When setting up a standard Ethernet printing port on a users PC.DAC C.ghosting on the prints. A dirty laser unit window can cause: A. B.doubleimage prints.CIS B. which of the following should a technician recommend? A.
magnetic force.Device serial number D.fuser temperature. Ltd.No output from the CCD D. A photoreflective sensor typically detects: A. D. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of light images when scanning? A. Answer: B
50. Answer: B
| English | Chinese(Traditional) | Chinese(Simplified) |
KillTest Information Co.MAC address Answer: B
48. C.C. C.gravity.Cracked lens Answer: A
49. All rights reserved..velocity.paper presence. D.Wrong scanner driver C.friction.inertia. The plunger of a solenoid is pulled inward by: A. B.
.gear rotation. B.Dirty mirrors B.
The safer. Oracle. LPI.KillTest. We provide high quality IT Certification exams practice questions and answers(Q&A). English Customer: Sales : sales@Killtest.net Chinese (Simplified) http://www. Vmware and so on. And help you pass any IT Certification exams at the first try. HuaWei.com
English Version http://www.KillTest.cn
. SUN.KillTest.KillTest. Apple.com Chinese (Traditional) http://www. Especially Adobe. Nortel.com was founded in 2006.easier way to help you pass any IT Certification exams .com Support: support@Killtest. HP. Citrix. EMC. You can reach us at any of the email addresses listed below. Comptia.net support@Killtest.com Chinese Customer: sales@Killtest.