This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Take love cure heal keep all of me, it, it, it, it forever.
This love is just looking for freedom. Let it be free with you. Just give me a chance to show you that I am what you've been looking for. That I'm the one for you. I promise that you wont regret me. _ This is how I picture Rose pleading to Dimitri to think of her like she thinks of him. She knows that they can't be together because of numerous reasons. But her heart's desires make her go to him and it causes a conflict. Had she not wanted him-and vice versa for Dimitri-the problem would have been resolved faster.
2. Take off your disguise. Show the planets, the stars, the gods the worms on your face.
Then you'll have nothing to hide. You'll rot. You'll die. But you'll never do this again. _The first line is actually from Megalomania by Muse. Here, I picture Rose figuratively speaking to Victor Dashkov when he gets caught. He kidnapped Lissa to use her spirit powers to heal him because he suffers from Sandovsky's Syndrome and he wants to rule the Moroi world but is not named heir because of his disease. Rose and Lissa have a bond that allows Rose to be in Lissa's head and see from her perspective and that's how she knew where Lissa was held captive.
3. It's not easy having your core But maybe we just want to believe That usually seems to be the case And it always happens. Curious eyes often find dangerous
beliefs challenged. in what won't hurt us. with me. things.
_This takes place right after Rose and Dimitri find out that there has been a Strigoi attack and she suddenly finds herself confused because she always believed that this wouldn't happen and that Strigoi and humans couldn't work together. She finds this out after she goes against Dimitri's orders of not entering the house and sees the horrible scene.
4. I want to make my heart pronounce the word hate. But it is not in my nature to do so. I desire to fool you, to put on a mask. But I cannot fake love. I demand the embrace of numbness. Yet I am forced to enjoy the bliss of pain. _I feel like this describes a realization that Rose has when she knows that love can't be forced. She wants to hate Tasha for having an interest in Dimitri and offering something that she cannot; children, freedom, etc. But she can't because this is something that will make him happy. Rose also realizes that she cannot return the feelings that Mason has toward her. This then leaves her without Dimitri and Mason but she knows that it's for the best.
5. So take me back in time, Show me where I fell. Where I was misguided to. Who I trusted. Who held my hand. Who didn't catch me. Where you were, where I was supposed to be. Things die. but they don't always stay dead. _Rose knows she messed up in telling Mason the information Dimitri had given her as a sign of respect of maturity. Like anybody just lost a loved one and is filled with guilt, she wished she could make everything better by going back in time and do certain things and take back things. Because she only told Mason that information out of anger toward Dimitri and it had gotten Mason killed.
6. She can't read my mind, so we are safe. No one can reach this far into me when I have your hand in mine. It's a little something I like to call magic. _She is beyond happy because she has found a way to continue her relationship with Dimitri. Her bond with Lissa allows her to step into her mind but not the other way around. No one knows about them but she feels invincible with him.
7. There is a strange phenomenon around the world which they like to call faceless hope. But I don't want to fall in love with something I cannot see. I am afraid to believe. So I turn my face to the west, where it hurts less. Where I feel nothing. But only see ashes of half my soul. _This is my interpretation of how distraught I'd be if I found out that the one I love is better considered dead. After a Strigoi attack against the academy, some are taken as victims and in a rescue mission, Dimitri is bitten by a Strigoi and then Rose finds out that he has been turned into one. She doesn't want to hope that there is a way out. She knows that she has to kill him because she knows that it's what he would want.
8. Of all the stars in the sky, there only seems to be one that shines the most. My little speck of hope. You were my sun, Warming me in the cold, giving me light in my times of need. But then you went away, and your goodbye was the longest. Just like the sun takes its time to leave its mark of twilight. Your markwhich was engraved on my hearthurt the most. But in the night, full of its horrible darkness, lies my hope. With that one. Little. Star. My hope for another day. Hope for a new sun. _After making her promise to Adrian to give him a shot when she comes back, she has to face the fact that life has to go on. She then starts her journey to go and kill the man she loves.
9. You want something from me. I am willing. I am bound. My heart's desires are replaced with ice. And I am content. _This shows how committed Rose is. She knows that no one should have to go through this but she feels like she owes this to Dimitri. Yet when she actually comes face-to-face with him, she hesitates and misses her chance to stake him because of her feelings toward him and she is then held captive by him and her life is in danger.
10. I miss my innocence. I miss the warmth of trust. I miss the security of love. I want the comfort of faith. _Rose knows that the Dimitri that is in front of her is not the man she loves. He is one of the undead, there is no denial. For a moment, she forgets the reason she is there. She wants everything to be like they were before. But she knows that peace will come only after she kills him. There is no other way out.
11. And just when I thought I was about to drown in the deep end, my feet touched the ground. It was then that I realized that I can make it home without you. I am not afraid to be alone. I can learn how to swim by myself. _When the moment comes, she actually
contemplates her own death. Because she feels like she won't be able to complete her mission. Not because she doesn't want to-but because of Dimitri's Strigoi strength. In the end, she manages to fool him and does stake him. She sees him die and watches him fall into the river bank and refuses to think about it and returns to the academy-only to find out that Dimitri didn't really die.
12. Have you ever considered a fake sun? Just think about it. Because it's so bright, We aren't allowed to look at it. We could go blind from it's beauty. Though, When the light fades away, We can see it's true shape. And when I saw his true shape, The most wonderful thing happened. Eyes back to brown. No longer destructive. Soul shaded with life. Forever will it be. Never will he be the same to me. My dreams will never again be dementias. I renewed my faith in myself. Found something worth waiting for. And soon enough, You won't see anymore storms clouding my face. For it shall be brightened with joy. _Rose and Lissa prove the impossible: turn a Strigoi back to life! After a long journey to find the only person who allegedly did the same, Dimitri finds Rose by kidnapping Lissa but Lissa then stakes him with spirit and Dimitri is a dhampir again. Rose is euphoric and filled with hope that everything will be exactly like before.
13. I've had to break a few habits in order to break you. Because that's just what you were. A bad habit. "I'vee given up on you. Love fades. Mine has." I'm not the same as before, but people change. I have. I'm sorry, but I tend to forget. In hopes of moving on, I lose my purpose. Forget myself. I have to remind myself, "You don't mean that smile like you did before." And I do it so I won't drown myself. I am my own enemy. But I fear more than you do. Sometimes, I don't even recognize myself. But I know that I've done this. I let you hurt me. I unwillingly invited the monster in. But, love grows. It seems obscene, but it's true. And this is what I can do best; Find myself through the lost. _Rose is in shock because she cannot believe that Dimitri had told her this. She wanted to be with him. But after shock fades away, she finds that she still has Adrian and can move on with him because his intentions were good. This is the way I'd express myself because I myself am too filled with pride and too willing to prove myself when I am hurt. These feeling cause Rose to commit some actions that in return do not help her at all.
14. She misses you, you know? She can't take you out of her mind. Like a creeping ghost, she sees you everywhere. Its sad to see how you ruined her. And look how she's falling apart. But as she sees you smile, she knows, She's looking for your shade of eyes, but on a different person. She's looking for your character, but with a different soul. And I'll fight for her, because you're gone. Yet still here. Right in front of her. Just fading away. _Usually, my poems are set in first person. But I sometimes feel like it gets to be too much. Here, Rose is essentially talking about herself to Dimitri. She knows that she's been hurt but will do everything as possible to do the right things. She also knows that its very bad to be with Adrian and still think of Dimitri but figures that she will grow out of it. Rose always says that she doesn't believe in God but believes in what she can do for herself. She's looking at herself from a different perspective and it gives us a view of what she thinks of herself.
15. Assumptions are made and the truth is never set free. Believe in me because this is not a lie. You will not shut me up. No. Not any more. Yeah, you've had your chances but your time is up.
This is my time and you can bet every little insignificant thing that you own th at I will take advantage of it. You failed to hear my voice, now, I am free. Free from your lies, free from your chains. All I have to say right now is thank-you. Thank-you for making me able to see something in me that I didn't know existed. It's like I've found something I didn't know I was even looking for. _After being set up and falsely accused of a crime she did not commit, Lissa and some of Rose's friends break her out of the Royal Court-same as Washington D. C. for us humans-and she escapes with none other than Dimitri. Now being free, she can clear her name. Rose has always been "against the system" and this is sort of her cry of victory to all of whom didn't believe in her and more specifically towards the unknown person who set her up.
16. If I look at him, It is purely out of habit. And if I look at him with her, I swear it's not an addiction. Deep down, I know I'm doing it to help myself. I know it was just an illusion. _Of course, breaking out with Dimitri also means she's stuck with him for who knows how long. She already knows that she has to get over him but finds herself still wanting things to be like before. Here, she's showing her loyalty to Adrian even while he is not with her.
She doesn't want to but finds herself wanting Dimitri. This is how Rose wants prove herself to Adrian because she knows that Dimitri is a lost cause.
17. I am forced to embrace a silver stake. I am not afraid of the backstabbing that is at the end of my tunnel. I unwillingly love the feeling. I welcome it. I am involuntarily trained to blow out any flame of hope that my hear might design. But they seem to conjure up without command. I refuse to believe the words written by your heart. _Rose knows what she has to do. Its been set in her blood ever since she can remember. Everything she does is second nature to her. She knows its her duty to do this for the rest of her life. But she doesn't want to get distracted because she knows what happens to someone if you hesitate in this profession.
18. I unconsciously hope. It's something that I need help with. My eyes search for the light when it's dark. But my eyes often fool me. They make me see things that aren't there. That's probably what happened to the dog. It hoped for something.
And now, its body is on the other side of the street. And hope is as stained as the dog's blood is on the concrete. It forces people to fear hope. I don't want to fall. But the ground often calls my name. Maybe I belong down here than in the clouds. Hope and I weren't meant to be. Because hope is a crazy thing; it will make you believe. And I'm scared to do so. _Even after Dimitri told her that he still loves her, Rose doesn't want to forget about everything just yet. She is afraid. Because when you lose something as precious as a loved one and miraculously get them back, everything is still fragile. She has forgiven him for everything he did to her while being Strigoi but she wants to keep her feet on the ground.
19. I've grown accustomed to doing things on my own. Even on the verge of fading away. Shoot me. Consume me. But they come first. So go back. Step into the fog where bliss awaits. There is no difference between pain and joy. Tears of anger flow as freely as rivers of distress. But one melts the other. Go back to where love is still pure and faith is untainted. I will follow you. _These are Rose's last conscious thoughts. She is proud of herself for defending Lissa when her life was in danger. She is content knowing that the ones who she loves and cared for are safe and she can go peacefully. And being a guardian in training for as long as her memory can help her, she has always has these words drilled into her: They come first. Her mission is complete.
20. Finally, I've woken up from that terrible nightmare. I felt like I was never going to wake up. Now, I am free. I get to enjoy my life. I sing just because I'm happy When I thought I had no more hope, my new sun came up and now my days are longer than ever. Birds that are singing play a beautiful melody in my ears. How could I dare to miss out on this joy for so long?! My life seems so new now. Days are so bright and now, I don't want the night to come. Because in the dark, lies my memories of my past. No longer will I weep of misery because I HAVE MY LIFE BACK.
_Rose comes back to life by her own will. With no help from Lissa. After she wakes up, she finds out that everything is going to be okay. Sure, she has a few problems here and there. But who doesn't?
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.