This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
EPA pulls permit for already-in-use coal mine in West Virginia. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/01/15/epa-stunner-pulls-permitfor-major-already-in-use-coal-mine-in-wva/ 2. Troubled Massey Energy is bought by Alpha Natural Resources. George Soros had 59,800 shares in Massey. Soros is now in control of most of West Virginia mines. http://thestockmarketwatch.com/stock-marketnews/hot-stocks-to-watch/massey-energy-to-be-acquired-by-alphanatural-resources/5047 http://www.gurufocus.com/StockBuy.php?GuruName=George+Soros 3. Chevron has been embroiled in a lawsuit for 18 years. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/15/ecuadoran-court-hitschevron-with-record-judgment Chevron will now be exiting the coal business. http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_5373755068d7-559e-8f68-868dd753e30b.html 4. Shell was the sole grantee of a drilling permit in the Beaufort Sea. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2010/12/01/interior-secy-salazarwont-end-drilling-ban-in-eastern-gulf Shell was slapped down by the EPA who pulled their air permits. http://www.alaskajournal.com/stories/010711/loc_saeps.shtml Shell is now pulling the plug on off-shore drilling in Alaska. http://www.energyboom.com/policy/shell-pulls-plug-shore-drillingalaska
5. The Department of Interior is now in civil contempt for failure to lift Gulf drill moratorium. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/03/judgeholds-interior-dept-in-civil-contempt-for-continuing-drill-moratorium/ 6. Mr. Obama, a couple weeks ago while touting solar panels and wind for businesses.. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/03/us-obamaeconomy-energy-idUSTRE7122YT20110203 was standing on 750 trillion cubic feet on natural gas in the Marcellus Shale. http://conservativeoutlooks.com/2011/01/26/natural-gas-shocker-appalachian-basin-couldhold-750-trillion-cubic-feet-of-gas-reserves/ 7. The metallurgy for these “solar panels” comes mainly from China, which has a monopoly. http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/2011/02/11/the-trueenergy-threat-to-the-united-states-national-security 8. With the assistance of ACORN/Bertha Lewis-spawned Working Families Party and actor Mark Ruffalo, New York Governor David Paterson bans horizontal natural gas hydro-fracking. http://conservativeoutlooks.com/2010/12/16/ny-gov-paterson-bans-horizontal-drilling-ofnatural-gas-puts-jobs-companies-at-risk/ 9. Pennsylvania puts Ruffalo on the terror watch list for promoting the inflammatory, anti-fracking film “Gasland” which is up for an Academy Award. http://musicians4freedom.com/2010/11/30/mark-ruffalo-addedto-terrorism-watchlist-over-gasland/ The director of the film drives around Pennsylvania and other parts of the country attempting to set tap water on fire in an attempt to get natural gas hydro-fracking banned.
10. At least 50 energy plants in Texas go down at the end of January, 2011 in cold weather. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/03/3interesting-developments-in-the-energy-sector-today/ Speculation has been it was EPA interference because of their new regulations in Texas. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/14/tech/main5383528.shtml Although this writer can’t confirm, blogger Pat Dollard seems to think it is deliberate EPA interference. http://patdollard.com/2011/02/obamaenergy-secretary-promises-%E2%80%9Cmassive%E2%80%9D-coal-plantclosures
11.The Obama Administration loans Brasilian oil giant Petrobras $2 billion when the U.S. has great domestic energy resources. http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/18/good-news-obama-backs-offshore-drilling George Soros a few days before sells 22 million shares of common stock in the company and then repurchases 5.8 million shares of preferred stock paying at 10% dividend. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a.V5sgGz dsQY 12.Philadelphia City Council initiates ban on shale gas development along the Delaware River. http://marcelluscoalition.org/2011/01/mscstatement-on-philadelphia-city-council-marcellus-shale-joint-committeereport/ 13. EPA’s new guidance rules will require businesses to obtain preconstruction and operating permits to limit greenhouse gas emissions. http://www.heartland.org/environmentandclimatenews.org/EPAGuidance.html
14. EPA regulations force power plants out of business. http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/09/epa-regulations-force-power-plantout-of-business-more-to-follow/ 15.Ilinois lawmakers block building of clean coal plant. http://www.coalpowermag.com/plant_design/305.html 16. New greenhouse gas regulations threaten Ohio power plants. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/greenhouse-gasregulations-target-ohio-coal-power-1057133.html 17. Las Brisas Energy Center in Texas will have to modify its permit application to abide by new EPA greenhouse rules. A delay of at least 18 months. http://www.theenergydaily.com/publications/ed/Texas-AgencyGrants-Power-Plant-Permit-Over-EPA-Objections_5614.html 18. New Obama government rules would cut thousands of mining jobs. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110127/ap_on_bi_ge/us_mining_rules 19. Interior Dept. announces delays to U.S. oil shale production. http://naturalresources.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?Docume ntID=225238 20. Washington State coal power plant threatened. http://kuow.org/northwestnews.php?storyID=133792380 21. Interior bans mining claims near Grand Canyon. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110217/ap_on_bi_ge/us_grand_canyon _mining
22. EPA’s study into fracking business includes North Dakota. https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&article_id=193066& CFID=301869475&CFTOKEN=67921027
Reaction from the Industry 1. Seahawk Drilling files for bankruptcy, sells rigs to Hercules Offshore. http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/2011-02-12-seahawkdrilling_N.htm 2. Ex-Shell head says Obama’s policies are choking the industry. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7422441.html 3. Obama’s budget would increase cost of energy and lose jobs. http://naturalresources.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?Docume ntID=224940 4. Chesapeake Energy to sell $5 billion in assets in its Arkansas shale. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9L7UKK80 5. Letter from Fred Upton, Committee on Energy & Commerce to Lisa Jackson, Administrator of the EPA regarding cooling intake water structures. http://upton.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Upton_letter_to_Admin_Jackson _re_Cooling_Water_Intake_Structures.pdf 6. Letter from Doc Hastings, Chair, House Natural Resources Committee to Joe Pizarchik, Office of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement regarding significant job losses and economic impacts that could result from the changes being considered by the Office of Surface Mining to 15
elements of its coal mining regulation program. http://naturalresources.house.gov/UploadedFiles/HastingsOSMLtr020811.pdf 7. Drill moratoriums will cost will cost 150,000 jobs, by Joseph Mason. http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/renownedenergy-economist-obama-s-drilling-moratorium-new-stimulus-plans-w 8. Oil and gas industry supports 9 million jobs and 7.5% of GDP. http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=80174 9. 103 permits awaiting approval in the Gulf. http://conservativeoutlooks.com/2011/02/05/103-new-drilling-permits-await-approval-inthe-gulf/ 10. Senator David Vitter (R-LA) calls out BOEMRE’s Bromwich on lawsuit filed by Century exploration claiming BOEMRE’s failure to issue drilling permit is a contract violation. http://thehayride.com/2011/02/vittersboemre-meeting-a-bummer-as-bromwich-babbles-and-blathers/ 11. Federal Court orders Obama administration to act on deep water drilling permits. 2-17-11 http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/17/federalcourt-orders-obama-administration-to-act-on-stalled-deepwaterdrilling-permits/ 12. Four large oil companies unveil new marine spill containment system. http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/17/four-large-oilcompanies-announce-new-spill-containment-system/
13. Federal judge orders Obama administration to act on stalled deep water drilling permits http://conservative-outlooks.com/2011/02/17/federalcourt-orders-obama-administration-to-act-on-stalled-deepwater-drillingpermits/
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.