You are on page 1of 1
My Diary Lourdes J. Holmes December 25,2020 to January 12021 ‘On December 25 at 3:00 in the morning, I was rushed to the hospital emergency room for se- vere upper stomach pain. The doctor gave me pills and we returned home, On Saturday, the 26th we went back to the hospital to see the Gastre-intestinal specialist. This time my doctor suggested that I would be admitted and needed to go through series of tests and observations. Many tests were done the following day, Sunday. They found out that there were stones in my bile duct and gall bladder. After praying and careful thinking, we agreed to have the surgeries. On Monday morning, December 28, they did Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatog- raphy, 7 ERCP. Tt isa procedure to diognese and treat problems in the bile duct. Tt combines X- ray and the use of an endoscope—a long, flexible, lighted tube. Many sinall stones were removed. Four doctors agreed that Lourdes’ health was fit to do another surgery the next day to re- move the gall bladder and the stones by Laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Surgery was successfully done Tuesday afternoon, December 29. On December 30 at about 2:00 pm, the hospital Dietitian came to visit me and she gave me advice what food to take after gall bladder surgery. During the course of our conversation, she told me that her nine year old son does not believe in Buddhism but in God. She had lived in the United States for 17 years and several of her friends had witnessed to her about God but she, herself, had never trusted the Lord Jesus. After witnessing to her for one hour and thirty minutes, she accepted the Lord Jesus as her personal Saviour. She was so thankful that someone has finally told her how to reach out to God in HTS own way. Both of us gave each other a big hug for the joy and peace she had been searching for. We believe in Romans 8:28, "All things work together for good to those who love Him." What a joy to see a soul saved by grace! We also gave lots of tracts to the staff. Praise the Lord! We decided I would stay in the hospital for another day, December 31. The following day, January 1, Charlie picked me up and said goodbye and Happy New Year greetings tothe caring staff of the hospital, What a big relief to finally get back hor me! Charlie thanking the Lord for successful surgery. eo Thank you for praying for Lourdes. She feels better