This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
The Sri Vishnu Sahasranam The Thousand Names of Sri Maha Vishnu Translations Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Slokha 01 - 12 Page - 1 of 9 Sloka 1
Nama 1: vishvam / a) Universe or Cause of Universe b) One who is full in all respects. Om visvaya namah. 2. Vishnu: - a) One who permeates everything, is inside every sentient and non-sentient being. b) One who surrounds everything. Om vishnave namah. 3: vashatkara / One who controls and directs (not merely pervades). 4: bhuta-bhavya-bhavat-prabhu: The Master of all things past, future, and present. Nirukti - trikAla vartinAm seshi - The Lord of all things that exist in the past, present, and future. 5: bhuta-krit / The creator of all beings. 6 : bhuta-bhrt / The supporter of all things. Bhutani bibharti iti bhuta-bhrt One who supports all. (seems to be further elaborated by namas 8 and 9) 7: bhavah / He who exists with all the splendor. He who exists always, independent of anything else. 8: bhutatma / The AtmA or soul of all beings - sarvesham bhutanam atma 9: bhuta-bhavanah / One who nourishes and nurtures all beings that He created.
10: Putatma / The Pure Self - One who is untainted by the effects of karma good or bad. Puta Atma yasya sa putatma - One who has the pure Atma is pUtAtmA. 11: paramatma / The Supreme Soul - for whom there is no other guiding or superior soul 12: muktanam parama gatih / One who is the ultimate goal for all muktas or Released or Liberated Souls. 13: avyayah / a) One who does not send back anyone who has reached Him (to the cycle of birth and rebirth .(Sri Bhattar) b) Indestructible (Sri Sankara) 14: purushah / a) One who bestows on the Muktas the enjoyment of the Bliss of Himself in plenty.- puru sanoti iti purushah. b) One who is reclining in this body - puri sete iti purushah. c) One who existed before anything else existed - purA AsIt iti purushah. d) One who completes and fulfills existence everywhere - pUrayati iti purushah 15: sakshi / One who directly witnesses everything .as it is. , The All-Knower, The Omniscient 16:kshetrajnah / One who knows, and can lead, the muktas to the exact place where the muktas will get their sought-after Supreme Bliss. 17: akshara / One whose greatness never diminishes over time in spite of being enjoyed by the miktas constantly. na ksharati iti aksharah . Sloka 3
18. yogah / One Who alone is the definite and unobstructed means to salvation. The word yoga is derived from the word yujyate which means "with whose help the goal is attained". 19. yogavitam neta / One who leads those who practice yoga until they reach their Goal. 20. pradhana purusha Isvarah / One who is the Lord of Primordial Matter as well as the Jivas. 21. narasimha vapuh / One who possesses a body of man and lion combined. 22. sriman / One with a lovely form. 23. kesavah / One with lovely locks of hair. 24. purushottamah / The Supreme amongst the purushas (i.e., individualsouls). Sloka 4
25. sarvah / (sa as in sanatana) One who is all - the cause of creation and destruction of all things. 26. sharvah / (sa as in Shiva) The Remover of all sins. 27. shivah / One who confers auspiciousness. subha avahasca sivah - One who bestows auspiciousness on all. 28. sthanuh / One who is .firm in His benefits and anugraha to the devotees. 29. bhutadih / a) One who is eagerly sought after by all beings. b) The source or cause of all beings. c) The very source of the panca bhutas. 30. nidhiravyayah / The inexhaustible treasure. 31. sambhavah / (Though like a Hidden Treasure), One who manifests Himself at will to those who sincerely seek Him. He manifests Himself at any place and at any time and in any form (e.g., nrsimha, matsya, kurma, etc.). 32. bhavanah / (Having manifested thus), One who regenerates all by dispelling all their evils. 33. bharta / Supporter. 34. prabhavah / One whose birth is of a sublime nature. 35. prabhuh / He who is all powerful. 36. Isvarah / a) One who has the supreme power of control over all beings. b) One who has the ability to do anything without the help of any other beings or things Sloka 5
37. svayambhuh / He who manifests Himself by His own free will. 38. shambhuh / One who causes happiness to everyone by the beauty of His appearance. 39. Adityah / a) The purusha in the Sun. b) One of the twelve Adityas. c) One who sustains and nourishes everything like the Sun. 40. pushkarakshah / The Lotus-eyed. 41. maha-svanah / He of the venerable sound (of the Vedas). 42. anadi-nidhanah / One who is without beginning or end. 43. dhata / The creator (of .Brahma and others).
Unchanging. makes this world happy through His rays 48. 51. etc. vidhata / The producer (of Brahma from the fetus referred to above). visva karma / a) One who is the agent of all actions with regard to the Universe. in the form of the Sun and the Moon. Sloka 7 . dhruvah / One who is unaffected by Time. (but who can only be experienced) 47. b) The Creator of the Universe. 55. sthavirah / One who has always existed. hrshikesah / a) The controller of the sense-organs of all including Brahma.44. Older than the oldest. 50. etc. aprameyah / One who cannot be defined. 45. b) One who. tvashta / One who created all the different forms and names in this Universe. 49. b) The best of all basic constituents Sloka 6 46. explained. amara-prabhuh / The Lord of the immortal gods. manuh / The Great Thinker: Mananat manuh 52. Permanent. Rudra. padma-nabhah / One from whose navel the lotus (the cause of the Universe) emanates. 53. 54. through logical means. dhaturuttamah / a) One who is far superior to Brahma (dhatr). sthavishthah / One who is exceedingly huge in size. measured.
shashvatah / One who is eternal. greatness. 62. tri-kakud-dhama / There are three words in this name . lohitakshah / One with eyes red like the beautiful lotus flower. ever full. 59. agrahyah / One who is beyond the grasp of others. mangalam param / The Embodiment of Supreme Auspiciousness. 63. 57. 58. 66. and other qualities. and dhAma.). . 61. krshnah / a) One who is always in a state of Bliss (with His sport of creation etc. and well-endowed with wisdom. 60. Sloka 8 65. pavitram / Purity Incarnate. isanah / The controller. 64. b) One who has a dark-blue complexion. kakub or kakut. prana_dah / The life-giver.tri. prabhutah / One who is affluent. pradrdanah / The Destroyer.56.
isvarah / The Ruler. pranah / Life. Vamana. One who is the Lord of everyone) f) A silent observer. 68. . the Garuda. 76. kramah / a) One who is the basis for the order in the Universe.e. 80. d) One who is born in the race of Madhu. 78. c) One who is highly prosperous. 83. jyeshthah / Older than the oldest. krtajnah / One who is grateful. b) One who has the "Special" footsteps viz. 79. krtih / One who is the cause of the virtuous act of His devotees. b) One who rides on the king of birds. medhavi / One who is capable of powerful memory. hiranyagarbah / He who is in a lovely Abode. 73. e) One for whom there is no Lord (i. 74) madhusudhanah / The slayer of the evil demon called Madhu. such as in the vAmana incarnation. dhyana. 71. 81. c) The Lord of knowledge or the propounder of the knowledge of the Supreme Being. b) One who is attained through the Madhu vidya. a maunee. anuttamah / One for whom there is nothing superior or better. The most powerful. duradharshah / One who cannot be overcome by the demons and others.. bhugarbhah / One for whom the Earth is the object of protection. 84. 77. and yoga. 72. madhavah / a) The consort of MA or Lakshmi. 82. or through mauna. vikramI / a) The most courageous. a yadhava. b) One who controls and bestows the power of movement. Sloka 9 75. 70. 69. vikramah / a) One with great strides (see nAma 76).67. prajapatih / Lord of the Ever-free Angels. dhanvi / The wielder of the bow. sreshthah / Most praise-worthy.
89. b) The All-seeing. 92. Sloka 10 86. a tiger. ahah / a) One who never forsakes anyone.. sarma / One who is Bliss. 95. 88. 94. pratyayah / One who can be relied upon. Sloka 11 . samvatsarah / He who lives for the uplift of His devotees. 91.e. 93. atmavan / The real Owner and Controller of the souls of those who do these virtuous acts. 90. suresah / a) The Lord of all the other gods. vyalah / a) One who accepts the devotees .a serpent. saranam / The Refuge. the Highest Goal to be attained. visvaretAh / The seed for the Universe. vibhishana. b) One who is beyond grasp such as a vyAla . b) The best among those who can bestow their devotees' desires. etc. an elephant. 87. prajabhavah / One from whom all beings have originated.85. sarvadarsanah / a) One who shows all His grace to His devotees.g. c) One who does not destroy His devotees. b) One who is like the Day that awakens people from ignorance.
b) One who is easily attained by all means by His devotees Sloka 12 . vrishakapih / One who lifted the Earth from the waters of adharma in the form of varaha.96. decay. 102. ameyatma / One whose Nature cannot be comprehended. 99. sarvesvarah / a) One who reaches all who seek Him. growth. 98. b) The Remover of all obstacles. b) One who is the isvara for all isvaras. 101. 103. siddhih / The Goal. sarvadih / The Origin or Cause of all things. c) One who undergoes no modifications such as birth. disease. d) One who removes the ignorance from the hearts of His devotees. b) One who never lets His devotees slip. e) One who is the root of all sound (akshara "a"). c) One who moves in the hearts of the devotees. 100. 97. sarva yoga vinissritah / a) One who is beyond any attachment. siddhah / One who is available at the hands of His devotees. 104. ajah / a) Unborn. etc. acyutah / a) One who has never slipped from His glory.
c) One who is like the eye to the residents of SrivaikunTham.pavaka. amoghah / Om amoghaya namah / One who always gives fruits to those who worship Him. samatma / Om samatmane namah . samah / Om samaya namah / One who treats all His devotees equally. 117. babhruh / The Supporter. 113.105. Om SuciSravase namah. Sloka 13 115. b) One who unites His devotees with Himself.One who has an even mind. b) One who resides in the heart space of everyone and observes all. c) One who destroys misery. rudrah / a) One who brings tears to the eyes. Om rudraya namah. vrishakarma / Om vrshakarmane namah / One who is of righteous actions. vrishakriti / Om vrshakrtaye namah / One who is an embodiment of dharma. matter and sun. 119. 111. 109. . Om babhrave namah. 114. vasumanah / Om vasumanase namah / a) One who has a 'wealthy' or rich mind. suci-sravah / a) One who listens to words which are pure. visva-yonih / a) The cause of this world. vasuh / a) One who dwells in the hearts of His devotees. 112. 110. sammitah / Om sammitaya namah / a) One who has let Himself be understood (controlled) by His devotees. b) One who dwells in the Milk-Ocean. c) One who is well-disposed towards the good. 118. b) The One Truth who is accepted by the Rsihis and revealed in the Upanishads. Om bahu-sirase namah. 108. 107. b) One who has a mind which thinks of His devotees as a treasure. Om visva-yonaye namah. satyah / Om satyaya namah / a) The Truth. d) The best among the eight vasus . pundarikakshah / Om pundarIkakshaya namah / a) One whose eyes are beautiful like the lotus flower. b) One who confers the good on the devotees. c) One who is the wealth that His devotees seek. 106. b) One whose names are worthy of being heard. c) One who has beautiful and divine ears. 116. bahu-sirAh / One who is multi-headed. e) One who lives in the sky. b) One whose form is made up of prana.
b) One of Excellent Ascent. vedavit / One who knows not only the Vedas. 125. Om maha-tapase namah. 123. 122. vishvak-senah / One who has His army in all directions for the protection of all. sarva-vit / One who is the All-knower. Om sarvagaya namah. 133. Sloka 14 124. vedavit / The true knower of the meaning of the vedas. 132. Om vararohaya namah. 126. Om amritaya namah. Om vedangaya namah. vararohah / a) One who is the most supreme object of attainment. 128. Om vedavide namah. Om sarva-vide namah. 134. b) One who protects people from the wicked. Om janardanaya namah. sasvata-sthanuh / One who is Eternally Firm. 127. Sloka 15 . 129. avya~ngah / One who has no imperfections. 131.120. veda~ngah / a) One who has Vedas as His body. Om bhanave namah. b) One who is Immortal. janardanah / a) One who destroys the wicked. the dharma. bhanuh / One who shines. Om vishvaksenaya namah. maha-tapah / One who is endowed with great knowledge. viz. Om avya~ngaya namah. sarva-gah / One who reaches all. 121. Om veda-vide namah. kavih / One who cognizes beyond ordinary perception. Om vedaya namah. c) One who is approached by devotees for their wishes. Om Sasvata-sthanave namah. b) One who has the srutis and smritis as His body. vedah / One who is the embodiment of scriptures. but the true meaning behind the Vedas. 130. amritah / a) The unsatiating nectar to His devotees.
Master of dharma. caturatmA / One whose Self has a four-fold manifestation. 139. Om catur-bhujaya namah. Sloka 16 143. Om catur-damshtraya namah. kritakritah / a) The grantor of fruits that are this this-worldly as well as those that are eternal. 141 . as well as transient forms.Master of the devas. Om catur-vyuhaya namah. Om caturatmane namah. Master or superintendent of all people who should practice dharma.catur-bhujah / One with four arms.catur-vyuhah / One with four forms (the vyuha forms). b) One who is both the cause and effect of all things.dharmadhyakshah. Om brajishnave namah. 142 . Om dharmadhyakshaya namah.135. 140 . lokadhyakshah . bhrajishnuh / One who is effulgent. the way the Supreme should be worshipped. .catur-damshtrah / He of four teeth. c) One who has a form which is nitya or permanent. Om lokadhyakshaya namah. 138. 136 .Lord of the worlds. 137 .suradhyakshah . Om suradhyakshaya namah.
jeta / The conqueror. Om vijayaya namah. Om vamanaya namah. samgrahah / a) He who is easily reached. Om yamaya namah. Om sucaye namah. 151. Om samgrahaya namah. Om anaghaya namah. vamanah / One with the Dwarf form. sahishnuh / The Forgiver. 147. Om dhritatmane namah. Om Urjitaya namah. 156. 158. Om jagadadijaya namah. Om amoghaya namah. 161. atIndrah / One who is superior to Indra.144. visva-yonih / The Cause of the Universe. 145. 148. pramsuh / The Tall. 160. anaghah / One who is Sinless. bhokta / The Enjoyer. 159. 146. Sloka 17 153. niyamah / The Controller. 157. punarvasuh / One who lives again and again as the antaratma of all His creations. Om bhojanaya namah. 150. dhritatma / The supporter of all the jivatmas. b) One who is superior to Indra. 155. Om pramsave namah. Om niyamaya namah. Om sargaya namah. Om visva-yonaye namah. sargah / The creator of Himself. amoghah / One whose acts are never purposeless. sucih / Pure. 154. Om jetre namah. Om atindraya namah. Om upendraya namah. vijayah / Victory Incarnate. 152. 164. 162. urjitah / One who is endowed with immense strength. yamah / The Ruler. 149. Om sahishnave namah. b) He who has everyone under His control. upendrah / a) One who appeared as the younger brother of Indra to help him. uncontaminated. 163. Sloka 18 . bhojanam / One who is the object of enjoyment. Om bhoktre namah. jagadadijah / He who was born at the beginning of the Universe.
mahotsahah / He of great enthusiasm.e. Om madhave namah. Om mahabalaya namah. 173. Om vedyaya namah. i.The Omnipotent. Om atIndriyaya namah. 167. vedyah / a) He who can be realized. sada-yogi / a) One who is always awake with respect to His devotees. b) One who unites this Universe as the sarva-vyapic) One who always follows the dharmic way. treats everyone equally. 168. maha-mayah / One who is possessed of wonderful power of enchantment. 170. vaidyah / The knower of vidya or knowledge. maha-balah / One with immeasurable strength . 169. Om madhavaya namah. Om vaidyaya namah. Om sada-yogine namah. Sloka 19 .165. 174. d) One who is in constant yogic meditation e) One who always displays the samatva-bhava. 172. 171. madhavah / The propounder of the knowledge of the Supreme Being. Om maha-mayaya namah. b) That which should be known or realized. Om viraghne namah. Om mahotsahaya namah. 166. vira-ha / The slayer of strong men of wicked nature. atindriyah / He who is beyond the range of the sense organs.. madhuh / One who is like honey to His devotees.
176. Srinivasah / In whom Lakshmi resides. 181. Om maha-viryaya namah. Om anirdesyavapushe namah. Om ameyatmane namah. anirdesya-vapuh / He who possesses an indescribable body. Om maheshvasaya namah. Om mahadri-dhrite namah. 185. maha-buddhih / He of infinite knowledge. 184. Sloka 20 183. 180. ameyatma / He of an incomprehensible nature. 178. 177. Om maha-saktaye namah. 179. Om maha-buddhaye namah. Om maha-dyutaye namah. maha-vIryah / He of great virility. Om mahi-bhartre namah.175. mahi-bharta / The bearer of the earth. mahadri-dhrit / The bearer of the great mountain. Om Srimate namah. maha-Saktih / Of immense power. maheshvasah / a) The discharger of great arrows. . srIman / Possessed of beauty. maha-dyutih / He of great splendor. b) The wielder of the mighty bow. 182. Om Srinivasaya namah.
Om govidampataye namah. Om sutapase namah. d) One who confers the Vedas. Om hamsaya namah. sutapah / a) One who is possessed of supreme knowledge. satam-gatih / The Ultimate Goal for all spiritual seekers. 188. govidam patih / The protector of those who know the Vedas. 187. suranandah / One who gives delight to the gods. damanah / a) Dispeller (of the samsara bharam). Sloka 22 . Om prajapataye namah. Om damanaya namah 193. hamsah / One who is like the swan.186. b) One with consistent creative thinking. One who supports in His navel the creator. 190. Om satam-gataye namah. Om suparnaya namah. Om hiranya-nabhaya namah. Om maricaye namah. bhujagottamah / The Master of the Serpent AdiSesha. hiranya-nabhah / One who has a beautiful navel with a golden hue. Sloka 21 191. 198. hiranyagarbha. Om govindaya namah. aniruddhah / One who cannot be obstructed or resisted by anyone. Om padma nabhaya namah. b) One who controls and punishes those who swerve from their prescribed path. Om bhujagottamaya namah. 192. maricih / Ray of light. c) The protector of cows. b) One who resides in the center of everyone's heart. b) One who dug out the Earth from the depths of the Ocean. 194. b) One who can lead men to the other shore across the ocean of samsara. 195. 199. govindah / a) One who is praised by the gods (for His help). Om suranandaya namah. Om aniruddhaya namah. 196. prajapatih / The Lord of beings. 197. padma_nabhah / a) One who has the lotus emanating from his navel (carrying Brahma). 189. suparnah / a) (literally) One possessed of charming feathers.
Om amrityave namah. sandhiman / One who is always united with His devotees. 207. . 214.dhama / a) The Place of Residence. Om gurutamaya gurave namah. Knowledge. etc). Om ajaya namah. c) One whose praise is sung in various forms. satya-parakramah / One of unfailing valor. Om simhaya namah. simhah / a) The Lion. 206. e) One who is the root of all sound (akshara "a"). satyah / The Good. d) One whose Atma is of a special Nature. surari-ha / The slayer of the enemies of the gods. gurur-guru-tamah / The foremost among the preceptors. Om sastre namah. 210. 213. visrutatma / a) One whose exploits are praised with wonder. b) Destroyer. 201. Sloka 23 211. Om sandhimate namah. ajah / a) Unborn. Om dhamne namah. sarvadrik / All-seeing. 209. sasta / The Teacher. amrityuh / One who is beyond death or decay. 205. 203. c) One who moves in the hearts of the devotees. sthirah / One who is firm in His relation to His devotees. b) The Supreme Light. 202. Om satyaya namah.200. 212 . durmarshanah / The Unassailable. c) The Abode of all desired things. b) One who is called by special names (such as Truth. Om surarighne namah. sandhata / a) One who unites His devotees with Him b) One who unites the beings with the fruits of their actions. Om durmarshanaya namah. 208. Om sandhatre namah. b) Remover of obstacles. d) One who removes the ignorance from the hearts of His devotees. 204. Om sthiraya namah. Om sarva-drse namah. Om satyaparakramaya namah.
sahasra-murdha / The thousand-headed. Om netre namah. b) One who is full of all glories. breath) in beings. visvasya atma visvatma. the very inner Essence in all living creatures. sahasra-akshah / The thousand-eyed. 217. 218. 226. b) One who controls all movements (e. Sloka 25 . agranih / One who leads forward. visvatma / The very soul of the Universe. f) One who is endowed with all the powers.g. b) One who manages or regulates the affairs of the cosmos. b) Logical arguments (tarka) and lines of contemplation (yukti) that help us in arriving at the absolute experience. Om gramanye namah. Om sragvine namah. vacaspatih / The Lord of Speech. 225. 216. 227. sahasra-pat / The thousand-footed. Om nimishaya namah. sriman / a) One who is endowed with wealth. Om nyayaya namah. Om agranye namah. nyayah / a) The Just. sragvi / Adorned with the garland (vaijayanti). gramanih / Leader of the hosts of angels. 223.. Om Srimate namah. 219. neta / a) One who fulfills the requests of His devotees. Sloka 24 220. 228. Om udara-dhiye namah. nimishah / One whose eyes are closed (towards the enemies of His devotees). Om vacaspataye namah. 224.215. samiranah / a) One who performs acts which are delectable. Om sahasrakshaya namah. 221. animishah / One with eyes closed. Om sahasra-murdhne namah. Om visvatmane namah. c) One who is radiant. 222. d) The Lord of Mahalakshmi e) One who has Mahalakshmi in his vaksha-sthala. udara-dhih / One with vast knowledge. Om sahasra-pade namah. Om samiranaya namah. Om animishaya namah. 229.
samvritah / He who remains hidden. c) The Beginingless. 234. 236. The Fire. 239. b) One who needs no goading to Help His devotees. Om ahahsamvartakaya namah. 235. ahah-samvartakah / The regulator of the day (time). anilah / a) The Giver of life-breath. who is present everywhere. Sloka 26 238. nivrittatma / a) He whose nature rises above other things. Om Avartanaya namah. avartanah / He who turns the wheel of worldly life or samsara. Om vahnaye namah. e) One who is beyond dissolution. 231. 232. i) One who is not supported (by Earth etc). k) One who is always awake.e.. . dharani-dharah / The bearer of the Earth. Om nivrittatmane namah. j) One who does not hide anywhere i. prasannatma / He with a clear mind. The Sun. The Air. c) He who is the atma of those who practice nivrtti dharma. Om suprasadaya namah. h) One who has no fixed residence. 237. vahnih / The Bearer or The Carrier. su-prasadah / The Giver of good favors. Om prasannatmane namah. 233.230. unaffected by virtue and vice. Om anilaya namah. g) Easily accessible to His devotees. Of delightful nature. sampra-mardanah / The dispeller (of the darkness). d) He who is beyond the bonds of samsara. Om dharanI-dharaya namah. Om sampramardanaya namah. b) He whose mind is turned away from worldly desires. d) One who has no binding. f) One who is omniscient . Om samvritaya namah.All-Knowing.
251. siddhi-sadhanah / One who makes the means for siddhi as pleasant as the fruit itself. 256. 254. Om viava-srije namah. 249. Om siddhasankalpaya namah. siddhi-dah / The bestower of siddhi-s or super-human powers. b) The Leader. forms. Om jahnave namah. Sloka 28 . Om aishta-krite namah. names. Om sucaye namah. satkritah / He who is worshipped by the sadhus (even by those who deserve to be worshipped). Om siddhi-daya namah. Om siddhi-sadhanaya namah. Sloka 27 248. sadhuh / One who carries out (whatever His devotees say). sishta-krt / He who makes His devotees eminent. visishtah / He who is Superior. 246. are Innumerable. Om narayanaya namah.240. 247. 250. 253. Om naraya namah. 242. Om siddharthaya namah. direct or indirect. Om asankhyeyaya namah. etc. visva-srit / The Creator of the Universe. aprameyatma / One who cannot be known through knowledge. 243. siddha-sankalpah / One whose wishes are always fulfilled. narah / a) He who is imperishable. 244. Om satkritaya namah. 252. Sucih / Pure. asankhyeyah / One whose attributes. Om satkartre namah. Om aprameyaya namah. narayanah / The Supporter of the hosts of souls. siddharthah / One who is in possession of all desirable things. 241. visvabhug-vibhuh / He who pervades all things and protects them. Om sadhave namah. satkarta / He who honors the good. 255. jahnuh / The Concealer (of His greatness from the non-devotees). 245. Om visishtaya namah. Om visvabhug-vibhave namah.
vrishabhah / a) He who showers (His grace). 259. 261. 265. b) One who makes His devotees shine like day because of their dharma. 264. vrishahi / a) One who shines in the form of dharma. Om vardhamanaya namah. 263. c) One who makes the day auspicious when the devotee approaches Him. viviktah / He who is unique. f) One who has the brightness of agni etc. Om vardhanaya namah. 262. vardhamanah / He who grows. su-bhujah / One with majestic arms.vrishahi vrishabho vishnur-vrishaparva vrishhodara vardhano vardhamanashcha viviktah shruti-saagaraha ||(28) 257. Om vrisha-parvane namah. Om srutisagaraya namah. Om vishnave namah. 267. Om vrishabhaya namah. vrishodarah / One who has dharma as His mid-region or belly. . Om vrishodharaya namah. e) One who is the devata for the vrishaha sacrifice. Sloka 29 266. sruti-sagarah / He who is the sea where all Vedas take us. 258. b) One who is difficult to comprehend c) One who is difficult to hold in concentration d) One who cannot be supported by anyone or anything else Om durdharaua namah. or is the cause of the brightness of all objects Om vrishahine namah. dur-dharah / a) The irresistible.. 260. Om su-bhujaya namah. vardhanah / He who nourishes. b) He who shines because of His dharma. vishnuh / One who pervades everything. d) One who reveals dharma. vrisha-parva / He who has provided the steps of dharma to reach Him. Om viviktaya namah.
282. brihad-rupah / He of an immense form. prakasanah / a) One who shows Himself to His devotees. 279. Om prakasatmane namah. Om vagmine namah. 269. mantrah / The mystic word (He who protects those who meditate on His name). b) He who has powerful words. Om bhaskaradyutaye namah. 281. 280. Om spashtaksharaya namah. Om candramsave namah. Om vasudaya namah. vasu-dah / The Giver of wealth.268. Om mantraya namah. vagmi / a) He who has words which are praise-worthy. Rddhah / He who is full in all respects. Sloka 30 ojas-tejo-dyutidharah prakasha-atmaa pratapanah | riddhah spashya-taksharo mantrash-chandraanshur-bhaskara-dyutih ||(30) 276. pratapanah / He who scorches (His enemies). Om rddhaya namah. Om brihad-rupaya namah. 278. Om mahendraya namah. 283. prakasatma / He of a nature that is well-known to all. Sipi-vishtah / He who pervades the rays. Sloka 31 . 271. 277. naika-rupah / He of Infinite forms (as seen in visvarupa). 270. 272. Om vasave namah. vigor and brilliance. Om pratapanaya namah. mahendrah / a) He of great wealth. 274. om ojas-tejo-dyuti-dharaya namah. 275. bhaskara-dyutih / He who has the effulgence of the sun. ojas-tejo-dyuti-dharah / One who is endowed with strength. Om sipi-vishtaya namah. vasuh / He who is Himself the wealth sought by those who have realized the Truth. 273. candra-amsuh / He who is possessed of the effulgent rays like those of the moon. b) One who illumines everything. spashya-taksharah / He of clear words (through the Vedas). c) He from whom the veda-s originated. Om naikarupaya namah. b) The God of Indra and other gods. Om prakasanaya namah.
299. b) The bridge for crossing the ocean of samsara. om kamaya namah. Om pavanaya namah. kamah /The Lovable (or manmatha). kama-pradah / The Grantor of wishes. 289. Om kama-ghne namah. and also fulfils the desires. . 296. kama-ha / The Destroyer of desires. 298. Om suresvaraya namah. analah / One who is never satisfied (in His Mercy or daya).amrta-amsu-udbhavo bhanuh shashabinduh sureshvarah | aushadham jagatah setuh satya-dharma-parakramah ||(31) 284. 290. kama-krt / One who creates desirable things. 292. 287. 293. 285. Om analaya namah. amrta-amsu-udbhavah / The source of nectar-rayed moon. om kantaya namah. 297. kantah / He who is charming. pavanah / He who purifies everything. b) The Moon c) One who controls the paths of the planets and the stars. Om amrtamsudbhavaya namah. 286. jagatah-setuh / a) The barrier for the world. 294. Om kama-krte namah. om kama-pradaya namah. Om sasabindave namah. Om satya-dharma-parakramaya namah. pavanah / He who moves about (Wind). Om jagatah-setave namah. 288. 295. present and future. satya-dharma-parakramah / One whose qualities and valor are always true. sasabinduh / a) He who disowns the evil-minded. bhanuh / The lustrous Sun or One who is Radiant. c) One who binds and keeps in-tact all that moves in this world. suresvarah / The Lord of the gods. Sloka 32 bhutabhavyabhavannathah pavanah pavano-analah kamaha kamakrt-kantaha kamah kamapradah prabhuh || (32) 291. Om bhuta-bhavya-bhavan-nathaya namah. bhuta-bhavya-bhavan-nathah / The Lord of all in the past. Om bhanave namah. aushadham / The Medicine. Om pavanaya namah. Om aushadhaya namah.
c) He who has no equal. om ishtaya namah. yugadi-krt / The Creator at the beginning of a yuga. om adrsyaya namah. 307. mahasanah / He who is a voracious eater. aviSishTah / a) He who is impartial to everyone. Sloka 33 yugaadi-krt yugaavarto naikamaayo mahashanah | adrishyo vyaktarupashcha sahasrajid anandaji ||(33) 301. b) He who dearly loves the eminent persons. 308. prabhuh / One who has the supreme power to attract the minds of all towards Himself. om mahasanAya namah. SikhanDI / a) He who has the plume (or effulgence) of Lordship. adrsyah / He Who cannot be seen. om vyakta-rupaya namah. yugavartah / He who revolves the yuga-s or aeons. 305. om yugadi-krte namah. om sikhandine namah. vyakta-rupah / He of a manifest form. 304. 302. om sishteshtaya namah. b) One who is worshipped in ishti or sacrifice. om avisishtaya namah. om yugavartaya namah. One who surpasses all in being. b) He who cannot be distinguished. Sloka 34 309. SishTeshTah / a) He who is dear even to eminent persons. 311. om sahasra-jite namah. ananta-jit / One whose victory is endless. . naika-mayah / He of multifarious wonders. om ananta-jite namah. 306. b) He who wears a peacock feather. countless. om naika-mayaya namah. 303. 310. om prabhave namah. ishTah / a) One who is liked by everyone. sahasra-jit / The Conqueror of thousands. 312.300. limitless.
313. nahushah / One who binds (the jiva-s by His maya). om nahushaya namah. 314. vRshah / a) He who drenches (those who are scorched by the heat of samsara). b) He who showers His devotees with all that is asked for. c) He who is the embodiment of dharma. om vrshaya namah. 315. krodha-hA / a) He who gave up His anger. b) He who destroys the anger in sadhus. om krodha-ghne namah. 316. krodha-kRt / He who developed anger. om krodha-krte namah. 317. kartA / He who slays. om kartre namah. 318. viSva-bAhuh / He who has arms for the good of the world. om visvabahave namah. 319. mahI-dharah / The Supporter of the world. om mahI-dharaya namah. Sloka 35
320. acyutah / He who does not fall from His status. om acutaya namah. 321. prathitah / One who is famous, One who is of great reputation. om prathitaya namah. 322. pranah / The Life-Breath. om pranaya namah. 323. prana-dah / The Life-Giver. om pranadaya namah. 324. vasavanujah / The younger brother of vasava or indra. om vasavanujaya namah. 325. apam-nidhih / The Sustainer of the waters of the ocean. om apamnidhaye namah. 326. adhishthanam / The Support. om adhishthanaya namah. 327. apramattah / The Vigilant. om apramattaya namah. 328. pratishthitah / He who is self-dependent. om pratishthitsya namah. Sloka 36
329. skandha / He who dries up (destroys). om skandaya namah. 330. skanda-dharah / The Supporter of skanda. om skanda-dharaya namah. 331. dhuryah / The Supporter. om dhuryaya namah. 332. vara-dah / The Grantor of boons. om varadaya namah. 333. vayu-vahanah / He who has Vayu as His vehicle. om vayu-vahanaya namah. 334. vasu-devah / He who pervades and sports. om vasu-devaya namah. 335. brhad-bhanuh / He of profuse luster. om brhad-bhanave namah. 336. adi-devah / The First Deity. om adi-devaya namah. 337. purandarah / a) The Destroyer of the cities. b) The Destroyer of the sufferings from the adi-daivika causes. c) He who helps the devotee in transcending the attachment to sthula, sukshma and karana sarIras. d) He who brings an end to the bodies of all beings. Om purandaraya namah. Sloka 37
338. a-sokah / The dispeller of sorrows. om a-sokaya namah. 339. taranah / He who takes others to the other shore (a boat). om taranaya namah. 340. tarah / The Savior. om taraya namah. 341. surah / The Valiant. om suraya namah. 342. saurih / a) The son of valiant people like vasudeva, dasaratha, etc. b) The grandson of Sura, the name of Vasudeva's father. c) The descendant of the group of people called Suras in the Yadava race. om sauraye namah. 343. janesvarah / The Lord of the people. om janesvaraya namah.
344. anukulah / One who is within bounds. om anukulaya namah. 345. satavartah / a) He who has several incarnations to sustain dharma, b) He whose wealth is bubbling but not overflowing (like vortices), c) He who maintains and manages several cycles - the cycle of samsara for all the beings, the cakras of grahas, nakshatra-s etc. om satavartaya namah. 346. padmi / He who carries the lotus in His hand. om padmine namah. 347. padma-nibhekshanah / One who has eyes which resemble the lotus. om padama-nibhkshanaya namah. Sloka 38
348. padma-nabhah / One with a lotus-like navel. om padmanabhAya namah. 349. aravindakshah / The Lotus-eyed. om aravindakshaya namah. 350. padma-garbhah / He who is installed in a lotus. om padma-garbhaya namah. 351. sarira-bhrt / The Protector of the bodies of everyone through food and lifeenergy. om sarira-bhrte namah. 352. maharddhih / He of immense riches. om maharddhaye namah. 353. rddhah / One who keeps growing; Prosperous. om rddhaya namah. 354. vrddhatma / One who is full-grown. om vrddhatmane namah. 355. mahakshah / a) He with a (vehicle of) powerful axle. b) One with Great Eyes. om mahakshaya namah. 356. garuda-dvajah / One who has Garuda in His banner. om garuda-dvajaya namah.
257. atulah / The Incomparable. om atulaya namah. 358. sarabhah / a) The Destroyer (of those who transgress the bounds of ethics). b) One who shines as the Inner Self. om sarabhaya namah. 359. bhimah / The Formidable. om bhimaya namah. 360. samayajnah / The Knower of the conventions. om samayajnaya namah. 361. havir-harih / Hari who is the recipient of the havis offered in the yajna. om havir-haraye namah. 362. sarva-lakshna-lakshanyah / a) He who is the abode of all the auspicious qualities, b) He who is the ultimate definition of all good qualities, c) He who is pointed to as the Ultimate Truth through all analysis, d) He who reveals Himself through everything around us. om sarvalakshana lakshanyaya namah. 363. lakshmIvan / He who is always with Lakshmi. om lakshmivate namah. 364. samtinjayah / He who is victorious in battles. om samitinjayaya namah.
365. viksharah / He who never wanes. om viksharaya namah. 366. rohitah / He who is of red complexion. om rohitaya namah. 367. margah / He who is sought after. om margaya namah. 368. hetuh / The Cause. om hetave namah.
377. amitasanah / a) The voracious Eater. c) He who is the abode of all auspicious qualities (SrI). 373. . om karanaya namah. paramesvarah / The Supreme Ruler. Sloka 41 375. b) One who hides Himself effectively from nondevotees. 385. 2) One who was tied around His waist by ropes by YaSodA. gahanah / He who is deep and inscrutable. vikarta / a) He who undergoes modifications. om paramesvaraya namah. 384. 371. 380. b) He who created the world of varieties. om vikartre namah. om udbhavaya namah. om mahIdharaya namah. karanam / The Cause . karanam / The Means. 370. om kartre namah. 3) One who has happiness for His devotees. karta / The Agent. devah / He who sports Himself. 379. om amitaaanaya namah. 378. khsobhanah / The Creator of a commotion. b) He who gives unlimited supply of food to His creations. om khshobanaya namah. udbhavah / a) He who removes the bondage. 4) One who is attained by observances such as dama. mahidharah / The Supporter of the Earth. om guhaya namah. vegavan / He who is quick. sahah / He who has patience. om maha-bhagaya namah. om gahanaya namah. om sahaya namah. guhah / a) The Savior. b) He who has Lakshmi in Him in the form of the Universe. om karanaya namah.369. mahi-bhagah / He who is extremely Fortunate. om vegavate namah. om devaya namah. 381. b) He who is beyond the bondage of samsara. om sri-garbhaya namah. 376. om damodaraya namah. 382. 374. 372. damodarah / 1) He who has the worlds in His belly. 383. srI-garbhah / a) He who has Lakshmi always with Him in His play as devah. c) He who is the origin of the Universe.He who causes others to act.
om dhruvaya namah. pararddhih / He who is full of noble and auspicious qualities. 390. One with True Knowledge about Self. b) He in whom everyone delights. om tushtaya namah. b) He who is the final goal of everyone. om viramaya namah. 387. b) One with a firm and resolute mind. 397. 388. om paraddhaye namah. vyavasayah / a) The Pivot (of the planets). 395. om pushtaya namah. om vyavasayaya namah. 389. viramah / a) He before whom all become powerless. tushtah / He who is full of happiness. subekshanah / He who has auspicious eyes. 393. om sthanadaya namah. 394. samsthanah / The final end. om parama-spashtaya namah. vyavasthanah / The basis. Sloka 43 396. dhruvah / The Stationary (Fixed). sthana-dah / The Giver of the Supreme Abode. . parma-spashtah / He whose greatness is explicit. ramah / a) He who delights others.Sloka 42 386. 392. om samsthanaya namah. pushtah / He who is full of noble qualities. 391. om ramaya namah. om vyavasthanaya namah. om subhekshanaya namah.
401. vayuh / He who moves (towards His devotees). purushah / The Purifier. om praaaya namah. .398. 412. vyaptah / He who is full (of love and affection). om prthave namah. 408. 415. 399. om saktimatam-sreshthaya namah. om viraya namah. 411. om vayave namah. 413. om dharma-vid-uttamaya namah. om anayaya namah. 400. 404. 402 virah / Valiant (See 664). hiranya-garbhah / He who delights everyone's heart. om purushaya namah. om satru-ghnaya namah. om adhokshajaya namah. neyah / He who lets Himself be governed (by His devotees). dharmavid-uttamah / The foremost among those who are conscious of dharma. saktimatam-sreshthah / The Greatest among the powerful. Sloka 44 406. om virataya namah The Unattached. om hiranya-garbhaya namah. anayah / He who cannot be spirited away. prthuh / Well-known. adhokshajah / He who does not get diminished. 414. 405. 410. om pranamaya namah. virajo-margah / One who shows the faultless path. pranamah / a) He who makes others bow before Him. 407. om margaya namah . om dharmaya namah. pranah / The vital air (Life-breath). om virajomargaya namah . b) He who deserves to be worshiped. vaikunthah / Remover of obstacles (to union). om vaikunthaya namah. 417. dharmah / Virtue Incarnate. nayah / He who draws everyone towards Himself.He who shows the flawless path. satru-ghnah / The Slayer of the enemies.He who is sought after. om vyapataya namah. om neyaya namah. om nayaya namah. 403.
c) He who is Death or annihilation to all His enemies. c) He who accepts any offering by His devotees when offered with sincerity. sudarsanah / a) He of a delightful appearance that induces happiness in those who see Him. 419. b) He who is grasped on all sides by those who seek refuge in Him. om sudarsanaya namah. 425. ugrah / The Formidable. b) He who resides in the Supreme cave of the heart. Sriviakuntham. om visramaya namah. b) One who provides rest to all the beings. d) He who has everything in this Universe under His control. d) He who is seen easily by His devotees. b) He who measures and sets a limit to everything. om parameshthine namah. om rtave namah. om samvatsaraya namah. om parigrahaya namah. 422. b) He in whom everything resides. samvatsarah / a) He who resides (in the patala loka).Sloka 45 417. 423. om kalaya namah. 420. d) He who measures everyone's karma and doles out the phala. b) He whose vision leads to moksham. om ugraya namah. om dakshaya namah. b) He who offers the whole world as dakshina in the asva-medha yaga. Sloka 46 . visramah / a) The Place of Rest. d) He who is more proficient than everyone. rtuh / Seasons (The Lord of Time who governs the seasons). om visva-dakshinaya namah. c) He whose eyes resemble the lotus petals. parameshthi / a) He who resides in the Supreme Abode. dakshah / He who is quick in action. 421. visva-dakshinah / a) He who is well-disposed towards all. parigrahah / a) He who takes all with Him. 418. kalah / a) He who draws all towards Himself. c) He who is proficient in everything. 426. 424.
428. 434. om maha-bhogaya namah. sthavishthah / He who is Immense. maha-dhanah / He of great wealth. maha-bhogah / He who has objects of great enjoyment.He who is sought after. om maha-dhanaya namah. c) He who is motionless. b) He who is a Great Treasure. c) He who is shielded by the five kosas or shields. b) He who is self-fulfilled and does not have any other end to seek. om stahvishthaya namah. 429. anirvinnah / He who is never despondent. om arthaya namah. maha-kosah / a) He who has a great treasure. rest. om a-nirvinnaya namah. arthah / The Goal . rest. om sthavar-sthanave namah. pramanam / The Authority. and in whom the earth etc. 431. om anarthaya namah. sthavar-sthanuh / a) He who is tranquil after establishing the dharma in krita yuga. vistarah / a) He who spreads (the Vedas). om pramanaya namah. om bijaya avyayaya namah. 432. om maha-kosaya namah.427. om bhuve namah. 435. b) He in whom the earth etc. anarthah / a) He who is not the goal for some. 430. 437. bhuh / The All-supporter. om vistaraya namah. . 438. c) He who expands to contain everything (at the time of pralaya). b) He who is spread out in everything. bijam-avyayam / The Seed Imperishable. 433. Sloka 47 436.
He who works towards the welfare of His creation. mahejyah / He who is the best among the objects of worship. maha-makhah / The Great yajna-svarupi. om sarva-darsine namah. b) He in whom all forms diminish. 453. sarvajnah / The Omniscient. kshamah / a) He who is competent. om sarvajnaya namah. nakshatri / He who has (supports) the stars. satram / a) He who is worshipped by the sacrifice called satram. om nakshatra-nemaye namah. om yajnaya namah. Sloka 49 . om maha-makhaya namah. om samihanaya namah. 447.439. nivrttatma / a) He whose mind is turned away from worldly desires. 443. samihanah / a) He who establishes all others (Indra etc. om kratave namah. 454. kratuh / a) Object of worship through the sacrifices called kratus. 444. Sloka 48 446. ijyayah / He who is the (only) object of worship. 452. b) He who is behind the actions of everybody or He by whom everything is done. om mahejyaya namah. satam gatih / The Goal of the pious. 450. om satraya namah. om nivrttatmane namah. om dharma-yupaya namah. 455. 442. om nakshatrine namah. c) He who makes everything go. b) He who is the atma of those who follow the nivrtti dharma. 440.) in their respective posts. om ijyaya namah. om uttamaya jnanaya namah or jnanaya uttamaya namah. yajnah / The Sacrifice. dharma-yupah / He who is united with dharma. om kshamaya namah. 449. 448. 445. kshamah / a) He who is in a diminished form. b) Well-wisher. jnanam-uttamam / The Greatest Knowledge. om satam-gataye namah. 441. 451. b) He who protects the good people. b) He who has great patience. om kshamaya namah. nakshatra-nemih / He who makes the stars move. sarva-darsI / The All-Seer.
om svapanaya namah. sva-vasah / He who is under His own control. b) He who did intense tapas in His nara-narayana incarnation. a True Friend. and sonorous voice. mano-harah / He who captivates the heart. b) He who is praised by the delightful voice of the Vedas.g.to protect anyone who surrenders. om sva-vasaya namah. from the likes of kucela only. om vIra-bahave namah. sukshmah / Subtle. 457. 458. su-mukhah / He with a charming face. om su-hrde namah. om mano-haraya namah. sukha-dah / He who Bestows Bliss. 468. om naikatmane namah. 469. su-vratah / a) He of good vows . om vyapine namah. Sloka 50 466. su-hrt / The good-hearted. jita-krodhah / He who has overcome anger. c) He who has a very sweet. om su-vrtaya namah. c) He who has good control of the offerings He accepts . .456. vidaranah / a) He who cut (rahu. 464. 470.. delicate and difficult to comprehend. hirnyakasipu and others). om jita-krodhaya namah. om su-ghoshaya namah. deep. 461. 463. d) He who observes nityakarma-s in His incarnations just to set an example to us. om naika-karma-krte namah. su-ghoshah / a) He whose voice is itself the great Vedas.e. b) He who cuts the sins of His devotees. 465. svapanah / He who lulls people into sleep. 467. naikatma / He of diverse forms. 462. om sukha-daya namah. 460. vyapi / The Pervader. 459. om sukhsmaya namah. om vidaranaya namah. om su-mukhaya namah. naika-karma-krt / He who performs diverse acts. vIra-bahuh / He of mighty arms.
c) He who is non-existent for those who do not follow the path of dharma. 484. om dhanesvaraya namah. aksharam (sat) / a) He whose existence is never diminished or destroyed in any way. 486.He who never forsakes the good. ratna-garbhah / a) He who is in possession of abundant wealth. om dharmine namah. om sate namah. om avijnatre namah. om a-sate namah. d) He who restored the calves to the gopas. 479. dharma-krt / a) He who induces His devotees to follow dharma. 480. b) He who possesses lots of children whom He protects like a cow protects its calves. vatsarah / a) He who lives within all beings. om krta-lakshanaya namah. d) He who distinguished the different species by external and internal attributes. b) He who practices dharma. om vidhatre namah. vatsalah / The Affectionate. vatsi / a) He who possesses lots of calves. 472. om ratna-garbhaya namah. 475. vidhata / a) The (Supreme) Controller. b) sad-aksharam . om akshara-sate namah. krta-lakshanah / a) He who has prescribed the distinguishing characteristics for the pious. 477. b) He who is ever existent. 481. . b) He who is the cause of misery to those who do sinful acts. 485. om dharma-gupe namah. b) He in whom everything resides. om vatsalaya namah. dharma-gup / He who protects dharma. 474. Sloka 51 476. but existed in the past as well as will exist in the future. c) He who has created the Vedas. b) He who has created distinguishing marks for Himself. sahasramsuh / He who has a thousand rays (of knowledge). 473. om vatsaraya namah.471. c) He who is the Infinite Time. c) He who is in the form of good and meritorious acts. asat-ksharam / He who moves away from the bad. 478. avijnata / The Non-cognizant. om dharma-krte namah. b) The Supporter of the Universe. a-sat / a) That which does not exist now. 483. 482. om sahasramsave namah. c) The Creator of brahma. sat / a) He who is commendable. b) He who is the source of everything that can give happiness. dharmi / He who has dharma as an instrument. om vatsine namah. om asat-ksharaya namah. dhanesvarah / The quick giver of wealth.
adi-devah / a) He who is the first cause and is endowed with effulgence. uttarah / a) The Rescuer (of brahma and others from the asuras). om sattva-sthaya namah. om deva-bhrite namah. 491. c) He who resides in all beings. . 492. om gabhasti-nemaye namah. b) He who took the nrisimha form. 493. and releases at the time of creation. guruh / The Preceptor. om devesaya namah. om bhuta-mahesvaraya namah. om maha-devaya namah. c) He who is the Center of the planetary system (viz. the Sun). b) He who abides in sattva-guna. deva-bhrit / The Supporter of gods. bhuta-mahesvarah / The Supreme Lord of all beings. b) The Savior (of devotees from samsara). devesah / The Ruler of Gods. 488. 495. c) He who transcends the bounds of birth and transmigration. b) The Foremost Deity. 494. 490. om simhaya namah. gabhasti-nemih / a) He who has the effulgent cakra as His weapon. maha-devah / The great Player. sattva-sthah / a) He who is in the hearts of the devotees. om adi-devaya namah. Sloka 53 496. 489. om gurave namah. c) He who swallows the three worlds at the time of pralaya. simhah / a) He who punishes (those who harm His devotees).Sloka 52 487. om uttaraya namah. b) He who enlightens everything by His effulgence. c) He who is most powerful.
508. bhokta / The Enjoyer. 509. om kapindraya namah. f) The Lord of Mother Earth. 502. 512.varaha. 503. om jnana-gamyaya namah. b) He who is victorious. in the form of the deity being invoked in a yajna.497. b) He who leads well. puru-sattamah / a) He who remains with the great. b) He who makes things grow fast and move fast. g) The Lord of the (celestial) world. jnana-gamyah / He who is to be realized by knowledge. b) He who supports all beings which are part of His body. 504. om somapaya namah.amritapah / The drinker of ambrosia. om amritapaya namah. om bhoktre namah. go-patih / a) The Master of all words (Vedas as well as all languages). om Sarira-bhuta-bhrite namah. b) He who hides Himself from non-devotees. b) The Great Boar . puru-jit / The Conqueror of all.] 499. c) He who protects the devatas who are associated with different parts of the body. om jayaya namah. gopta / a) The Savior. om puru-sattamaya namah. 511. b) He of firm resolve. b) The moon. accepts the soma juice by the householder performing the yajna. 507. [This nama reoccurs as nama 599. c) He who controls all movement in everything. Sloka 54 505. b) He who. jayah / a) He who is conquered. om somaya namah. d) Protector of the cows in His krishnavatara. om purujite namah. b) He whose form is of cosmic dimensions. [This nama re-occurs as nama 600. 501. om bhuri-dakshinaya namah. kapindrah / a) The Lord of the monkeys. om puratanaya namah. c) The Protector of His bhakta's words. om goptre namah. puratanah / The Ancient. om vinayaya namah. 510. vinayah / a) The Subduer.] 498. om satya-sandhaya namah. somah / a) The Nectar. b) The Protector of His own word. . 500. and who is the best of all. somapah / a) He who drank the soma juice after performing sacrificial offerings in His Rama incarnation. bhuri-dakshinah / a) The giver of liberal gifts. sarira-bhuta-bhrit / a) He who supports all the tattvas which constitute the sarira. 506 . om go-pataye namah. satya-sandhah / a) He whose promises are always true. c) He who is extremely dexterous. e) Protector of all that moves around.
and asuras). b) He of the three great strides (trivikrama).513. c) He who sustains the Ambhas (devas. om sakshine namah. manes. Sloka 56 . sattvatam-patih / The Lord of the sattvatas. anantatma / The Inner Soul of ananta. om mukundaya namah. on anantatmane namah. sakshi / The Observer. om mahodadhisayaya namah. vinayita / a) The Savior. om ambho-nidhaye namah. 518. 521. 519. 517. dasarhah / a) He who is worthy of gifts. 516. b) He is worthy to be possessed as a gift. om amita-vikramaya namah. om sattvatam-pataye namah. amita-vikramah / a) He of boundless valor. b) He who shows the path to everyone. 522.e. the Yadava race. c) He who was born in the race of dasarhah i. om dasarhaya namah. om antakaya namah. mahodadhi-sayah / He Who is reclining in the vast ocean. om jivaya namah. om vinayitre namah. Sloka 55 515. 523. jivah / He who gives true life to His devotees. men. b) He who is in the form of the Oceans. ambho-nidhih / a) He who has the waters as His abode (Kurma incarnation). mukundah / He who gives moksha. 520.. antakah / He Who beings out the end of all. 514.
f) He who is ever active in bestowing the effects of karma. om nandanaya namah. om krtajnaya namah. maharshih / The Great Seer. d) He who goes where the devotee is. 529. ahamkaram.524. om medinipataye namah. kamam. c) He who drives away the darkness in the mind of the devotee. c) He Who knows everything about His Creation. sleep. tri-vikramah / a) He Who pervades the three Vedas. mamakaram. e) He who is the cause of motion in the heart. 530. satya-dharma / a) He Who performs His dharma truthfully. 527. etc. c) He who is naturally without a beginning. om kapilacaryaya namah. d) He who is present everywhere and in everything without exception. om maharhaya namah. b) He Who measured the three worlds with three strides. 532. b) He Who is both the Created and the Creator. om jitamitraya namah. om pramodanaya namah. om satya-dharmane namah. svabhavyah / a) He who is to be meditated upon by those who belong to Him. medinipatih / The Lord or Protector of the Earth. . om maharshaye namah. c) He who has conquered His enemies such as ravana etc. 537. 528. b) He who is by nature fit to be the Master. 531. h) He who is everywhere and in everything. b) He who is always joyful. b) He who is not born. b) He Who protects those who have surrendered to Him without exception. nandah / He Who is full of things that are Blissful. kapilacaryah / He Who is of brown complexion and also an acarya. om ajaya namah. kamam. Sloka 57 534. b) He who has conquered anger. om nandaya namah. 536. c) He Who pervades all the three worlds completely. krtajnah / a) He Who remembers the good deed done. anandah / He Who is Bliss. etc. d) He Who has transcended the waking. ajah / a) He who is signified by the letter 'a'. 533. pramodanah / a) He who delights His devotees. c) He Who truly all the kalyana guna-s in perfection. om anandaya namah. maharhah / He who is worthy of worship. jitamitrah / a) He who helps His devotees conquer enemies such as anger. and deep-sleep states. 535. om svabhavyaya namah. nandanah / The Bliss-Giver. om tri-vikramaya namah. g) The collections of things that exist. 526. 525.
tridasadhyakshah / a) The Savior of the thirty-three gods. guptah / He who is hidden.538. 543. mahavarahah / He Who appeared in the form of the Great Boar. b) He Who has an army of auspicious associates. Sloka 58 542. om mahasringaya namah. guyhah / He who is concealed. d) One who confers the Vedas. kritantakrit / a) The Slayer of hiranyaksha. 549. b) He Who is in the form of pranava mantra with three letters. om guptaya namah. 550. 547. present. om sushenaya namah. gahanah / a) He who is deep. b) The Master of the three states. 546. and future. d) He Who triumphed over the worlds with three steps. 541. c) The Master of the three gunas. om gabhiraya namah. 548. om cakragadadharaya namah. b) He who is the witness in everyone. b) He who took the matsya rupam with the big horn. c) The protector of cows. g) He who is responsible for all things that move. e) He Who is the Lord of the past. cakragadadharah / The bearer of the discus and the mace. Impenetrable. om tridasadhyakshaya namah. om gahanaya namah. govindah / a) One who is praised by the gods (for His help). sushenah / a) He who is equipped with a body with suddha sattva sakti-s that are like an army. om tri-padaya namah. gabhirah / He who is deep or mysterious. 544. 540. b) One who dug out the Earth from the depths of the Ocean. e) He who rescued the Earth. om kanakangadaye namah. c) He who proclaimed the kritanta (siddhanta). f) He who is known by Vedic sentences. b) He who kills death himself. 545. d) He who brings about the end to the manifested condition of the Universe. c) He Who assumed the form of a Boar with three humps. Sloka 59 . maha-sringah / a) The Big-tusked Varaha. om kritantakrite namah. om mahavarahaya namah. tripadah / a) The Propounder of the three tattvas. om guhyaya namah. om govindaya namah. 539. kanakangadi / He Who is adorned by armlets of gold. Inexplicable.
559. 554. om pushkarakshaya namah. e) He Who shines as the light of consciousness when meditated upon in the lotus of the heart. b) He Who is firm and determined in His thoughts. b) He who is the Chief of the Unconquerable place called ajita or srivaikuntha. sankarshanah / He Who draws others near Him. decay. c) He who took the amsavatara in the 6th manvantara as ajitah to help in churning the Milk Ocean. e) He who appeared as veda vyasa or krshna dvaipayana.). and Unknowable except by deep devotion. om varunaya namah. om svangaya namah. acyutah / a) One who never slips from His glory. 552. words and deeds.. om dridhaya namah. svangah / a) He who has the marks of sovereignty which are His own. c) He Who is firmly established and cannot be negated as the Supreme Deity by counterarguments. growth. b) He who is both the Instrumental Cause and the Material Cause of the Universe. Mysterious. g) The Dark. om sankarshanaya namah. varunah / He Who envelops. om acyutaya namah. . well-proportioned limbs. drdhah / a) He Who assumes firm. om varunaya namah . varunah / a) He Who is with those who have sought Him as their Lord or svami. om vrikshaya namah. om ajitaya namah. vrikshah / a) He Who provides shade like a tree (i. c) He Who pervades all space. b) One who never lets His devotees slip. krshnah / a) One who is always in a state of Bliss (with His sport of creation etc. b) The Doer (of auspicious happenings). etc. om vedhase namah. and unconquerable. c) The Creator. moves by Himself. c) He who has beautiful. 553. d) He who cultivates the Earth like a plough and makes it suitable for life forms to form and nourish. c) He who irresistibly attracts His devotees to Him through His infinite kalyana gunas. 561. ajitah / a) He who is unconquered. d) He who is unconquered in His vow to protect those who have surrendered to Him. om krishnaya namah. 560.e. disease. 558. d) He Who is huge and strong. 557. b) The Dark-hued. 556. f) He who cultivates the minds of devotees by providing the vedas in His incarnation as krishna dvaipayana. b) He Who has beautiful lotus-like eyes. He is the Resort) for the wise. concrete vyuha forms for the benefit of His devotees. vedhah / a) The Provider. pushkarakshah / a) He Who has nourishing eyes. b) The Son of varuNa. in the form of the Universe. b) He Who is firm like a tree. c) One who undergoes no modifications such as birth.551. d) He who. 555. c) He Who removes the adversities of His devotees . d) He Who has the Sun and the Moon as His eyes.
who is attained through the bija mantra "A". c) He Who suffers patiently for us with perfect detachment. c) He Who is ever happy by association with His devotees. d) He from Whom moksha is obtained. b) The Best among the refuges to be sought. om maha-manase namah. gati-sattamah / a) The best instructor in the path of dharma. 568. b) He Who forgives. om jyotir-adityaya namah. adityah / a) Son of Devaki who was Aditi in her previous birth. from everyone during pralaya. halayudhah / One Who has the plough in His hand. om halaydhaya namah. 570 sahishnuh / a) He Who is endowed with enormous patience. b) He Who gets rid of the wealth etc. f) He Who can bear the opposites . vanamali / He Who has the vanamala garland. 569. c) Bhagavan Samkarshana. maha-manah / a) The Broad-minded. d) He Who conquers His foes. c) The Ultimate Support and the Greatest of all beings. b) Son of Aditi (and Kasyapa) in His Vamana incarnation. om sahishnave namah. 570. bhagaha / a) He Who is possessed of auspicious qualities. nandi or anandi / a) He Who has nanda as His father.562. b) He Who is full of the six attributes. om gati-sttamaya namah. om nandine namah. 566. Sloka 61 . d) He Who gives Bliss to His devotees. b) He Who has a great (highly capable) mind. om adityaya namah. 565. and also because of His prosperity and the six gunas. 567. om bhagavate namah. Sloka 60 563. c) He Who glows like the sun . e) He Who willingly accepts the offerings of His devotees. b) He Who resides in the disc of the sun. 564. bhagavan / a) He Who is worthy of worship.like heat and cold. jyotir-adityah / a) The Resplendent Aditya. b) He Who is ever blissful by Nature. c) He Who has a mind (intellect) with unlimited capability . om vanamaline namah. c) He Who knows the origin and the end of all beings. or om anandine namah. om bhagaghne namah.
a) He who sees everything . Om dravina-pradaya namah. b) He who divided time as well as His creation into its various subdivisions (e. Om darunaya namah. e) By His being the antaryami for surya and the other planets. 574. om sudhanvane namah. (See also 218) Om vacaspataye namah.). 573. sarvadrk / The All-seer. 578. Om sarvadrse namah. Surya from Candra.. dravina-pradah / The Bestower of wealth. d) By His viavarupa revealed to arjuna. 575. 579. c) He who is the Creator of all forms that can see under different conditions. but also far beyond it. Om vyasaya namah. Om ayonijaya namah. Om khanda-parasave namah. etc. khanda-parasuh / He with the broken axe. Sukla paksha and Krshna paksha. the Puranas into 18.572. c) He whose ornaments (like kaustubha) shine distinctly. etc. Sloka 62 581. 580. man from woman. sudhanva / He Who has a splendid bow. vacas-patih / The Master of words. b) by His being not only in the form of this Universe. b) He who is in the form of knowledge of all forms. vyasah / The Arranger. 576. om trisamne namah. Om divisprse namah.the totality of para tattvam. a) He who arranged the Vedas into its four divisions. tri-sama / He who is propounded by the three-fold Sama Veda. ayonijah / The Unborn. darunah / a) The Splitter. . a) through His knowledge. divisprk / He Who touches the skies. c) By His vamana incarnation. b) He who is merciless to those who deviate from the path of virtue.g. day and night. 577.
d) He Who makes everything auspicious by His presence. Om santidaya namah 595. d) He Who has absolute control of mind . Om sannyasa-krte namah. Santah / He whose mind is always tranquil. 592. c) He who is soft and sweet. Om santaye namah. Om Santaya namah. 587. b) The Best Goal. b) He who is in the form of the Sama Veda Himself. 583. bheshajam / The Remedy. Om srashtre namah. c) He Who has a form that bestows mangalam to those who meditate on It. e) He who puts an end to the darkness in His devotees' mind. etc. b) The object of meditation. 591. bhishak / The Physician. nirvanam / The Bliss.He Whose nature is Calmness. a) He who is the cause of Bliss to His devotees. c) He Who shows the path of Saranagati to His devotee. Om samne namah. sannyasa-krt / a) He Who cuts asunder the bonds when desires are renounced. srashtA / The Creator. b) He who instructs that control of mind is the principal dharma for samnyasin. Om parayanaya namah. c) He Who has the Best Abode to seek. Subhangah / a) He Who possesses and gives the eight auspicious accessories of yoga. b) He who is praised by the Sama. 594. Samah / a) He Who instructs on how to control anger etc. 588.582. sama-gah / a) The singer of sAma. b) He who is the embodiment of Bliss Himself. santih / a) Peace. santi-dah / The bestower of eternal peace. Sloka 63 593. Om nishthayai namah. Om bheshajaya namah.) . sama / a) He who removes the sins of those who sing about Him. Om nirvanaya namah. b) The Institutor of the samnyasa asrama for the attainment of moksha. b) He Who has a handsome form. Om subhangaya namah. including during pralaya. 589. parayanam / a) The Ultimate Means. Om bhishaje namah. Om Samaya namah. Om sama-gaya namah. b) The stable Abode of all during pralaya. The same nama occurs again as nama 788. c) The Ultimate Support. (This nama also occurs later as nama 990. nishtha / a) The object of concentration. c) He who controls all beings. movement. 590. 584. 585. 586.
e) He whose mind turns away from any feeling of self-glory over His kirti or fame. ku-mudah / He who is happy in His relation to this world in various forms. 599. Slokam 53. c) He whose nature is that He is free from the bonds of samsara. om kuvalesayaya namah. anivarti / a) He who does not turn away those who are inclined to come back to this world. (This nama occurred earlier as nama 497. Om samksheptre namah. till pralaya. b) Dear to the virtuous. d) He whose mind is turned away from worldly attachments. c) He Who does not turn away from dharma under any circumstance. kuvalesayah / a) The Controller of the jivas who wander in this world with the thought that they are the masters of their bodies. vrshabhakshah / a) He Who is the Support for the cycle of samsara in the form of dharma. Om goptre namah. . f) He who naturally turns away from the objects of senses. 605. b) He who protects what has been acquired by His devotees. b2) He who has dharma as His objective.) 601. b) He who is the atma of those who practice the nivrtti dharma. contracts the expansive Universe into a subtle state. b1) He Whose Eyes shower all fruits desired. om nivrttatmane namah. Om anivartine namah. (This nama also occurs as nama 813. gohitah / a) He Who looks after the welfare of the world. (This nama occurred earlier as nama 498. b) The Lord of the indriyas. om vrshabhakshaya namah. 606. 604. Om kumudaya namah. om gopataye namah. Slokam 53. kshema-krt / a) He who does what is good for His devotees. Om kshema-krte namah. d) He whose creations never turn back in their shape. Sloka 64 603. gopatih / a) The Lord of the Celestial world. g) He who does not turn away from anywhere because of He is Omnipresent. nivrttatma / a) He whose Nature is superior to other things. Om vrsha-priyaya namah. b) He Who protected the cows by lifting the Govardhana mountain. b) He who. form etc. vrshapriyah / a) dharma-lover. samkshepta / a) He who constrains or limits (the field of light of knowledge of those who practice the pravrtti dharma).) 597. 598. 602. b) He Who is reclining in the waters surrounding this earth.596. c) He who minimizes the misfortunes of His devotees. at the time of cosmic dissolution. Om gohitaya namah. b) He Who does not turn away from His battles with the asuras.) 600. gopta / The Protector.
Sridharah / The Bearer of Sri. om srivibhavanaya namah 617. b) He who purifies those who meditate on Him. 614.607. c) He who makes His devotees shine with Sri (glory). om Sridaya namh. 616. Om Srivatsa vakshase namah. Om Sri-vasaya namah. 609. 618. d) He who resides in everything and everywhere. d) He who has taken the hand of Sri (Mahs Lakshmi). Srinidhih / a) He who has Lakshmi as His wealth. om Srinivasaya namah. kiritam. c) He who is the treasure house for Sri. Om srimatam-varaya namah. 613. Srivibhavanah / a) He who owes His greatness to Lakshmi. Srinivasah / a) The Abode of Lakshmi. including moksham (nitya-sri). 611. om srinivasaya namah. b) He Who has Sri as His Ruler. b) The Master of the Supreme Cosmic Power. katakam. SriSah / a) He Who is the Isa or Lord of Sri. Om sridharaya namah. b) He who makes Lakshmi's fame (vivhavam) known to everyone. b) The Support of Lakshmi. keyuram. sreyas-sriman / a) He that has Lakshmi who is resorted to by devotees for attaining the good. Om Sri-karaya namah. b) The Best among those who possess knowledge of the Vedas. srImatam-varah / a) The Best Among those who possess affluence. srivatsa-vakshah / He who has the Srivatsa mole on His chest. etc. om Srisaya namah. c) He who dwells in purified hearts. Sloka 65 612. . 619. sivah / a) He who gives auspicious things to His devotees. b) He who is decorated with the exquisitely beautiful wealth of ornaments such as His nupuram. Om srI-pataye namah. c) He in whom the whole Universe rests at the time of pralaya. d) He who resides where Lakshmi resides. b) He who confers Sri (spiritual wealth) on the devotees. srI-vasah / The Abode of Lakshmi. 608. 615. a) He who bestows greatness on all according to their karma. Om Sivaya namah. Sridah / The Giver of Glories. Srikarah / a) He who makes Lakshmi (follow Him in His incarnations). Om sreyassrImate namah. 610. srI-patih / a)The Consort of Lakshmi. b) He in whom all wealth resides.
624. 628. Om jyotir-ganesvaraya namah. sat-kIrtih / He of true renown. loka-trayasrayah / a) He Who is the Resort for all three worlds. b) He who has conquered His Mind. . Om sat-kirtaye namah. and deep sleep. dream. Om nandaye namah. nandih / He who is ever delighted. vijitAtmA / a) He whose mind has been conquered (by His devotees). Sloka 67 630. Om chinna-samsayaya namah. Sloka 66 621.620. then He who is subservient to no one. b) The Lord of the luminaries (the stars. c) He who elevates His devotees to His level. 629. Om loka-trayasrayaya namah.). chinna-samSayah / The Dispeller of all doubts. 626. vidheyAtmA / a) He who is of a submissive nature (to His devotees). 625. 623. c) If a-vidheyatma. SatAnandah / He of infinite Bliss. 627. moon. Om vijitatmane namah. etc. jyotir-gaNeSvarah / a) The Lord of the host of lustrous deities (nitya suris). Om Satanandaya namah. b) He who has the jiva-s as subservient to Him. Om svakshaya namah. sva'ngah / The Lovely-bodied. b) He who is superior to all beings. b) He who is the substratum for the worlds-of-experiences of waking. sun. 622. svakshah / The Beautiful-Eyed. udirnah / a) He Who visibly manifests Himself through His incarnations. Om sva'ngaya namah. Om vidheyatmane namah. Om udirnaya namah.
sasvata-sthirah / He Who is eternally existent and steady. Om asokaya namah. d) He in whom the whole world rests at the time of pralaya. 640. b) He who is decorated with all kinds of different and wonderful ornaments as described by emperumanar in Sri Saranagati gadyam. Om sarvatash-cashushe namah. 638. d) He in Whom everything is contained. . c) He Who fills this world with His fame. c) He who lies inside every one of His creations as their antaryami. Om bhutaye namah. sarvatash-cakshuh / a) He Who is visible to the eyes of all. Om anisaya namah. Om arcishmate namah. Om sokanasanaya namah. b) He Who has no one above Him as the Master. b) He Who is the personification of Glory. asokah or visokah / He Who is without sorrow. a) He who wears the ornament of saulabhyam as His bhushanam. bhusayah / a) He who lies in His arca form wherever the devotee installs Him. arcishman / He Who has great luster. Om bhusayaya namah. Om kumbhaya namah. 634. d) He Who adorns every creature by His being their antaryami. d) He Who exists in the forms of all His creations. 635. Om bhushanaya namah. kumbhah / a ) He Who is an object of desire. c) He Who is the cause of all glory in His creations. Sloka 68 639. and sees everything through His consciousness. e) He Who envelops the earth. or He Who adorns. b) He Who lay on the sea shore on His way to SrilankA. 632. anisah / a) He Who is not the Master. e) He who beautifies this world by His variety of creations. Om sasvatasthiraya namah. sokanasanah / The Destroyer of sorrows. Om arcitaya namah. arcitah / He Who is worshipped. 636. c) He who adorns this world with His different incarnations at His wish.631. 633. b) He who has eyes everywhere. 637. bhutih / a) He Who is wealth to His devotees. 641. bhushaNah / He Who becomes adorned. b) He Who shines in this world.
c) He Who sets the direction for the sun who is the controller of Time. (This nama has been presented earlier as nama 342. Om sauraye namah. visodhanah / The Purifier. Thus the two names are chosen from vIrah. om kala-nemi-nighne namah. Om visodhanaya namah. b) He Whose wealth is of a superior order. Sloka 69 At the outset. amitavikramah / He of immeasurable steps. 653.642. om pradyumnaya namah. d) . Saurih surah. Om amitavikramaya namah. 652. virah saurih. Om visuddhatmane namah. d) He Who is beyond the wheel of Time. apratirathah / The Matchless. Slokam 37. Om tri-lokatmane namah. and Surah. c) He Who is the atma for everything in all the three worlds. b) A reference of Sauri rajap perumal of tirukkannapuram c) He Who is ever valiant and victorious. 654 (23). 651. where the namas 649 and 650 occur as follows. depending on the patham that is being used. 647. c) The Bestower of all desires. Saurir-vIrah. surah / The Valiant. visuddhatma / He of a pure nature. tri-lokatma / a) He who ever moves about in the three worlds. b) He whose hair is of supreme fragrance. b) He Who makes the three worlds move about. we will note that there are different versions of this Sloka in use. 643. sura-janesvarah / The Chief of the sura-s or the valiant people. a Yadava clan. pradyumnah / a) He Who illumines the jivas. Om tri-lokesaya namah. or He Who is born in the race of suras. 644. saurih / a) The son of Sura (another name for Vasudeva). Om apratirathaya namah. b) The Destroyer of the asura by name kalanemi. kalaneminiha / a) The destroyer of the wheel of ignorance of Time. c) He who is the source or origin of Brahma and Siva. etc. tri-lokesah / The Ruler of the three worlds. 649. virah surah. 648. Saurih. d) He Who is endowed with great strength. 646. Om surajanesvaraya namah.) 650. kesavah / a) One who has beautiful locks of hair. aniruddho / om aniruddhaya namah 645. Om suraya namah.
658. Om vishnave namah. Om kama-palaya namah. om krtagamaya namah. and Effulgent. c) He Who destroys His enemies. e) The Slayer of Kesi. g) One who has adhipatyam over water (oceans etc. Om kantaya namah. vishnuh / The Pervader. Om kama-devaya namah. anirdesya-vapuh / a) He of indefinable form. 661. virah / a) The Valiant. e) He who victoriously entered the gathering of His kith and kin after slaying Kesi. b) The Lord who is desired by those who seek the four purusharthas.). kama-palah / a) The Protector of the gifts that He bestows. h) One who has adhipatyam over the different kinds of sukham (including moksham). 663. b) He who has propounded the Pancaratra Agamas. b) The swift Mover (into the hearts of His devotees or against demons). 664. Sloka 70 kamadevah kama-palah kami kantah krtagamah | anirdesyavapurvishnur viro'nanto dhananjayah || 657. om kamine namah. 662. c) He Who wards off samsara with its cause from His devotees. c) He Who has given us the Srutis and the Smrtis. in their functions. kami / a) He who has all things that are desirable. harih / a) The green-hued. d) He Who makes the enemies tremble in front of Him and run. 655. f) He Who appears to His devotees again and again in whatever form they desire. b) He who directs Agni. om haraye namah. Om kesavaya namah. Vayu etc. b) The Protector of those who desire Him. 659. 656. kesiha / a) He who killed the asura by name Kesi. Surya. b) He who is of fulfilled desires. kama-devah / a) The One who grants all desires.He who is the source of the rays emanating from the Sun etc. b) He Who causes the end of Brahma at the end of his period. b) He Who removes the distress of His devotees. Om vIraya namah. Om anirdesya-vapushe namah. showing their backs. d) He from Whom the krita yuga emerged. c) He Who is present everywhere. Indra. f) The tormentor of His enemies. Om kesighne namah. d) The Destroyer of the Universe at the time of pralaya. kantah / a) He Who is charming. . 660.krtagamah / a) The Revealer of the sacred mantra-s to the pure-minded.
Om brahma-vivardhanaya namah. 671. b) He Who has the four-faced Brahma in His nabhi-kamalam. Om dhananjayaya namah. 672. penance. b) One Who manifested Himself as Arjuna. brahmanyah / a) He who is beneficial to all the big things both acetana and cetana. om brahamna-priyaya namah. the creator of big things. both seen and unseen. etc. Isvara. namely prakriti and atman. etc. dhananjayah / a) He Who surpasses all other wealth in being desired. 673. Purusha. 666. Sloka 71 667. Sloka 72 .665. 669. brahma-vivardhanah / a) He Who makes dharma grow. 675. brahmavit / a) The Knower of the Vedas. Veda. brahmans well-versed in scripture. namely the Veda. om brahmajnaya namah. the conqueror of wealth. brahmanah / The Instructor of the Vedas. om brahmavide namah. Om anantaya namah. brahmanjah / The Knower of the inner meaning of the Vedas. and those that can only be inferred. b) He who is beneficial to Brahman. 674. 668. Paramatma. Om brahma-krt-brahmane namah. brahma-krt-brahma / The Creator Who created Brahma. brahma / The Supreme Brahman. brahmana-priyah / a) He for Whom the brahamanas are of special liking. anantah / a) The Limitless. brahmi / a) He who possesses all that goes by the term brahma .prakriti. b) He Who is specially liked by the brahamanas. om brahmine namah. b) One who is beyond the reach of those who are not of pure mind. 670. Om brahmanyaya namah. c) He Who knows everything big. b) He Who restored the Vedas during His Matsya incarnation. b) He Who grows and nurtures everything in a big way. om brahamnaya namah. Om brahmane namah.
683. Vasuki. 682. Om mahatejase namah. Om mahoragaya namah. Om mahakratave namah. Om mahayajnaya namah. mahahavih / a) He Who is worshiped with supreme oblations. b) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the great Offering. c) He Who is worshiped by the great jnanis. c) He Who can be worshiped in many ways d) He Who is the Great Sacrifice (that gives the best results). Om mahahavishe namah. Om mahakarmane namah. e) he Who traverses everywhere in the form of the Sun with His broad chest. mahoragah / a) He Who is great. mahayajnah / a) He Who is the best among those to be worshiped. 681. mahayajva / a) He Who performs great sacrifices. mahakramah / a) He Who provides easy step-by-step access for the elevation of His devotee. d) He Whose Feet are great (to surrender). mahatejah / He of great Resplendence. c) He Who accepts the whole Universe as havis at the time pralaya. b) He Who has a great heart (uras). or He Who is worshiped through great sacrifices. mahakratuh / a) He Who is worshiped by the great yagas. Sloka 73 . 679. c) He Whose strides are great in that He reaches everything faster than anyone else. b) He Who has the special class of devotees (mahayajvas) of a superior nature. etc. b) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the best of yajnas. and blesses us. d) He Who has the serpent ananta as His bed. om mahakramaya namah 677. mahakarma / He of great actions. b) He of the three great strides (in His Trivikrama incarnation). and enters into our heart (uras).676. om mahayajvane namah. 678. b) He Who can be easily worshiped. e) He Who performed the great sacrifice called the pancaratra kratu. 680. c) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the great serpent Ananta.
anamayah / a) He Who removes the disease of samsara. Om stotraya namah. Om purnaya namah. purayita / The Fulfiller of the desires of His devotees. stutah / He Who is praised. stota / a) He Who praises those who extol Him. Om stutaya namah. punyah / a) The Purifier. Sloka 74 . punya-kirtih / He Whose kirti or praise is also purifying (in addition to Him being the Purifier). om anamayaya namah. 693. purnah / He Who is complete. 689. Om stotre namah. b) He Who delights in the auspicious sounds in places of worship. 694. b) He Who is excellent in performing pious activities. 690. Om purayitre namah. Om punyaya namah. 688. stava-priyah / He Who is pleased by the praise in whatever form it is offered. Om stavyaya namah.684. 691. karma-related. etc. b) He Who is also the form of the Eulogizer of Bhagavan. external. b) He Who is praised by all. 687. Om rana-priyaya namah. 692. rana-priyah / a) He Who delights in battle. Om punya-kirtaye namah. c) He Who moves around happily in the form of the Sun etc. b) He Who is beyond pain or suffering . om stava-priyaya namah. 686. stavyah / a) He Who is worthy of praise.internal. but who does not have to praise anyone else. stotram / The Eulogy Incarnate. 685.
Om vasudevaya namah. b) The Son of vasudeva. Om vasu-manase namah. d) The Deity Who is adored by His devotees. c) He Who is the cause or origin of the universe. 696. g) He Who has complete knowledge of the type of body and other needs of all beings. d) He Who has a pure mind (He dwells in every thing without distinction). tIrtha-karah / a) He Who is the source of the holy waters.695. b) He Whose mind is always with vasudeva. d) He Who provides the place for dwelling for all beings. e) He Who has a mind which is filled with vatsalyam to His devotees. havih / a) The Sacrificial Offering. g) He Who is the final dwelling place for all. vasu-pradah / a) The Giver of Treasure (in the form of Himself). b) He Who makes us cross over the ocean of samsara. 703. e) He Who lives in everything and Who keeps them moving around. Om vasave namah. 702. h) He Whose mind was with bhishma as he lay in his death-bed of arrows. e) He Who lives in everything and in whom everything lives. 700. vasu-manah / a) He Who has a Mind which thinks of His devotees as a treasure. mano-javah / He Who is swift as thought. 699. vasu-devah / a) He Who pervades and sports. c) He Whose touch of hand is purifying. b) The Giver of Glory or Dignity. c) The Bestower of moksham. d) He Who has provided simple steps to access Him through His various incarnations. c) The presiding Deity of the well-known 12-lettered vasu-deva mantra. Om mano-javase namah. Sloka 75 . vasu-retah / a) The Source of Luster.pure. without any afflictions. b) The Best of wealth that is sought after. f) He Who conceals Himself (from those who are not devoted to Him). Om vasu-pradaya namah. b) He Who shines like gold in the context of creation. 697. 698. c) He Who resides in the Milk-Ocean. c) He Who has a golden mind . b) He Who is satisfied or pleased. vasuh / a) The Dweller (in the hearts of His devotees). Om havishe namah. 701. Om vasu-retase namah. d) He Who is in the form of the vasu-s. f) He Who has a mind that leads to His removing the difficulties of His devotees. Om tirtha-karaya namah.
om sad-bhutaye namah. sannivasah / The Abode of the saintly. 716. c) He Who has the good people as His support. b) He Who keeps everything that moves around. Om satkrtaye namah. analah / a) He Who is never satisfied that He has done enough for His devotees. 710. h) One Who has no opposition (alam . om darpa-daya namah. b) He Who is attended by the good Yamunas. 708. 706. b) He Who is endowed with rich glories (aisvaryam). suyamunah / a) He with the delightful sport in the Yamuna river. 717. Om bhutavasaaya namah. Om sad-gataye namah. Om sattayai namah. 705. d) He Who is attainable by the good. Om analaya namah.paryapti . [This nama has been covered under nama 700] 715. satkrtih / He of lovable acts. e) He Who is unlimited (in His Glories) (alam . d) He Who is beyond smell etc. Om suyamunaya namah. and full of good actions. d) He Who lifts up and protects the jivas during the time of pralaya. sura-senah / a) He with a valiant army. c) He Who alone truly exists.end). sadbhutih / a) The wealth. 709.paryapti . 718. satta / Existence Incarnate. Om darpaghnaya namah. c) He Who has beautiful collyrium in His eyes. c) The dwelling place of the Great Elements.pranane ). Om sura-senaya namah. Om sarvasunilayaya namah. Sloka 76 713. in all forms. sarvasunilayah / The Abode and support of all souls. for the good. yadu-sreshthah / a) The pre-eminent among the Yadavas. b) He Who dwells in the hearts of His devotees. vasudevah. / Om vasu-devaya namah. f) He Who is in the form of Fire.704. d) He Who manifests Himself in infinite forms. om yadusreshthaya namah. b) The supreme Goal for the good. . bhutavasah / a) He Who is the abode of all creatures. 714. satparayanam / a) The Support for the good. sadgatih / a) He Who who provides the right path for the good. b) He Who cannot tolerate the offense committed to His devotees. b) The Bestower of beauty and attractiveness in everything. darpa-dah / a) The Bestower of pride (to His devotees). g) One Who has no end (alam .opposition). Om sannivasaya namah. 707. b) He Who is Best among those who strive (for the redemption of the jiva-s). 712. om satparayanaya namah. b) He Who is Himself the right path for the good. bound together and functioning as a unit. i) He who rejuvenates His devotees who intensely long for Him (an . darpaha / The Destroyer of pride.end). c) He Who receives the prana sakti as His own and functions in the form of the jivatma (Sri Samkara). c) He Who has superior intellect. 711.
) for life to be sustained. c) He Who is proud. b) He Who is immensely worthy of worship. mouth. etc. b) He Who is ever happy. Om aparajitaya namah. and thus One Who has no fixed forms. Om visva-murtaye namah. . of His devotees. mahamurtih / a) He of Immense form. He Who cannot be easily realized. 727. c) He Who has maya sakti in the form of the Universe. visvamurtih / a) He Who has the Universe as His body. 723. Satamurtisa / He with a hundred forms. e) He Who takes whatever Forms He pleases as His incarnations. 720. Or driptah. amurtiman / a) He Who has even the subtle and formless things as His possessions. 724. 728. Sloka 77 722. Om durdharaya namah. anekamurtaye / He of many forms. d) He Who is viewed in different "faces" (in different ways) by different faiths.. Om adrptaya namah. Om a-vyaktaya namah. and not fixed. c) He Who is difficult to be held in concentration (except by those of trained mind). b) He Who has provided many different means (such as nose. b) He Who Forms that are not the result of karma. durdharah / a) He Who is difficult to control (as child Krishna). 729. b) He Who has a beautiful Form that finds entry into the mind. d) He Who has a Form that can induce maya in everything. diptamurtih / He with a shining form. adrptah / a) He Who is not proud Himself. Om mahamurtaye namah. 721. Om satamurtaye namah. c) He Who has a disposition that is not hard. Om satananaya namah. eyes.719. d) He Who has Forms that are indescribable. Om anekamurtaye namah. 726. etc. aparajitah / The Invincible. c) He Who has created various life-forms and provided easy means for their survival. 725. inflexible. satanana / a) He Who is many-faced. avyaktaha / He Who is not manifest. Om amurtimate namah. Om diptamurtaye namah. etc. b) He Who cannot be constrained by the evil-minded (Duryodhana).
c) He Who expands the Universe from its subtle form to its visible form. kah . om naikaya namah 732. b) He Who bestows aisvaryam on all as a result of His unlimited aiSvaryam.a) He Who spreads knowledge. b) He Whose praise is sung by His devotees. om loka-bandhave namah 740. e) He Who is of the form the soma sacrifice (when the nAma is taken as savah). d) One Who is attained through mauna. b) He Who is invoked or praised through words by devotees. b) He Who goes to the devotees who makes offerings to Him through yajna. naikah. b) He Who increases the kIrti (fame) of His devotees. om madhavaya namah 742. om yate namah 737.One Who is Unique and matchless in all respects.).a) He Who increases (the jnanam and bhakti about Him in the devotees). c) He Who is fit to be enquired about or sought after. e) One Who is born in the race of madhu. om vaya namah 734. Who is He.their Father. sah . c) He Who is sought after or prayed by all. c) One to Whom everything is related since He is their Best Friend . d) One Who provides instructions as a kinsman on what is right and what is wrong through the SAstra-s.He Who is not One only. vah . madhavah . c) He Who is the personification of happiness. d) He Who is not seen by senses etc. g) He Who gives troubles as needed to those who need to be disciplined. b) One to Whom everything is bound since He is their Support. to the point of being pointed out as "He" by the youngsters of Ayarpadi.Where is He. om tate namah 738. b) The Bestower or Propounder of Knowledge about Himself. What is He. kim . c) He Who destroys all obstacles to His devotees. bhakta-vatsalah . c) He Who takes the . f) The nAma that reveals the eternal relationship of the Mother and Father with the rest of the Universe. tat .The Dweller. f) He Who is the final Knowledge. padam anuttamam . loka-bandhuh .Sloka 78 730. om kime namah 736. d) He Who remains an unanswered Question Mark when approached through "intellection". a) The Consort of MA or Lakshmi. e) He Who comforts or blesses the world. g) One for whom there is no Lord above. om kaya namah 735.a) He about Whom all questions are asked by seekers of Truth (such as . b) That Which already exists. b) He Who is the final authority on all knowledge.a) Affectionate towards the devotees.a) The Protector of the world. a yAdhava. c) One Who is attained through the madhu vidyA. e) One Who limits everything through things such as limited life etc. yat . loka-nathah . c) That from Which everything in this Universe came about. om ekaya namah 731. ekah . om saya namah 733. etc.The Consort of Lakshmi. f) He Who rules over the world.a) He Who takes efforts. om padaya anuttamAya namah 739.a) He Who shines. om loka-nathaya namah 741. dhyAna and yoga. d) He Who shines in the world. d) He Who is easily accessible. or He Who regulates the world by energizing. and Who dwells everywhere (savah).a) The Supreme Goal. b) The Unexcelled Protector of His devotees.a) The Relative of the World.
a) He Who displayed His Divine Form to devaki in response to her prayers. om bhakta-vatsalaya namah Sloka 79 suvarna-varno hema'ngo vara'ngah candana'ngadI | vira-ha vishamah sunyo ghrtasir_acalas_calah || 743.a) He of unequal (conflicting) acts towards His devotees vs. e) He Who is not accessible when we seek Him through our senses. b) He Who is without any attributes (advaita interpretation). b) He Who has beautiful limbs.The golden-hued. d) He Who is full of leelas.He Who is adorned with delightful armlets.a) He Who sprinkles the world with prosperity. om suvarna-varnaya namah 744. because He is everywhere already. who are dear to Him like a calf to the cow. c) He Who has a lovable Form that is pleasing to those who meditate on Him. a-calah .He of golden-hued limbs.devotees to Him. om viraghne namah 748. om calaya namah . b) He Who is besmeared with pleasing sandal. b) He for Whom there is no equal. c) The Destroyer of the bonds of yama. c) He Who rushed out of SrI vaikunTham at the cry for help from Gajendra. om candana'ngadine namah 747. His enemies. c) He from Whom all desires have flown away. b) He Who moves (in the form of vAyu etc. om vara'ngaya namah 746. om acalaya namah 752) calah .a) He Who swerves. viraha . d) He Who cleans out everything at the time of pralaya. vara'ngah . e) He Who provides different ways for His creations to move around.). om hema'ngaya namah 745. g) He Who ends the various paths that go from birth to birth. om sunyaya namah 750. b) The Destroyer of those who indulge in vain arguments and distract others from meditating on Him. d) He Who leads the jivas to moksha by showing them the right path.a) He Who is devoid of defects when He takes births as one of us.a) The Slayer of the strong demons. c) He Who provides us all with the means and ways to be happy. c) He Who goes everywhere. etc. f) He Who is accompanied by Garuda and Vayu when destroying the asura-s. wisdom. sunyah . vishamah . hema'ngah . c) He Who does not move anywhere.a) He Who is unshakable against His enemies. d) He Who enjoys the offering of ghee in the homa etc. b) He Who is desirous of the butter in the gopis' houses. c) He Who destroyed the effect of the poison that was consumed by rudra during the churning of the Milk Ocean. candana'ngadI . om ghrtasishe namah 751. power. d) He Who has a'ngada as His pleasing devotee. suvarna-varnah . ghrtasIh . b) He Who is immutable in His nature. or is present everywhere. om vishamaya namah 749.
Sloka 81 tejo-vrsho dyut-dharah sarva-aastra-bhrtam-varah pragraho nigraho vyagro naika-sr'ngo gadagrajah | || 763.honest. Om dharadharaya namah. b) He Who is realized as a result of sacrifices. 754. c) He Who makes His presence in the gatherings of bhakta-s.a) He Who was born as a result of a sacrifice. Om manyaya namah.a) He of true thoughts . loka-svamI . 761.The Blessed. or denies rewards for the unrighteous (Sa'nkara). 759. and earth in the middle). b) The Supporter of the three states of experience (waking. medha-jah . 760. satya-medhah . 756. c) He of true knowledge . or induces a false sense of Atman in non-seekers (Sa'nkara).The Well-Intentioned. Om satya-medhase namah. manyah . b) He Who does not mistakenly identify things such as the body with Atman. Om loka-svamine namah. su-medhah . Om a-manine namah. c) He Who showers His . c) He Who removes the false understanding of Atman in true seekers. mana-dah . b) He Who confers rewards on His devotees. dream and deep sleep).a) He Who honors others. tri-loka-dhrt .of the Vedas and their numerous branches. Om medha-jaya namah. 755. the worlds below. b) He Who showers rain through the sun. tejo-vrshah. straightforward. 757. a-manI . 758. d) He Who gives spiritual enlightenment to His devotees. e) He Who gives a measure and dimension to everything in the Universe.a) He Who supports the three worlds (the worlds above.Sloka 80 a-manI manado manyo loka-svamI tri-loka-dhrt | su-medha medhajo dhanyah satya-medha dhara-dharah || 753. dharadharah . Om tri-loka-dhrte namah.The Master of the Universe. 762.The Object of honor.a) He Who is not proud. Om manadaya namah. b) He of true knowledge . c) He Who is beyond all measure in all respects. Om su-medhase namah. dhanyah .with foresight and minuteness.a) He Who showers His splendor on His devotees in the form of His protection. Om dhanyaya namah.a) He Who supported the Mountain (govardhana). b) He Who supports the earth.
764. f) He Who has four kinds of greatness (vyuha = mahima).He Who took incarnation as the one-horned Varaha. i) He Who has provided diverse means to the different living beings to cause harm to their enemies.The Controller. 773.dvaita patham). e) He Who is in the form of four divisions of speech (three veda-s. 772. d) The Foremost among those who created sound (in the form of Vedas). and ordinary speech). b) He Who was born as a result of mantra. Sloka 82 771. as also to defend themselves from their enemies. and maha purusha. c) He Who pervades those who walk and talk (gada + agra + jah). Om gadagrajaya namah. ukara.a) The elder brother of gada. dyuti-dharah . catur-bahuh . Om naika-sr'ngaya namah. pragrahah . Om vyagraya namah. g) (ekasr'ngah . Om sarva-sastra-bhrtam-varaya namah.a) He Who was very enthusiastic (to destroy the enemies of His devotee during the mahAbhArata war). e) He Who uses Garuda as His vehicle. Om prgrahaya namah. Om catur-bahave namah. b) He Who has no end. b) He Who has a firm control over all creation.akara. h) He Who has many rays of effulgence radiating from Him. 768.He Who possessed a majesty. e) He Who keeps the brahamana-s healthy (spiritually). and aniruddha). Om dyuti-dharaya namah.a) He Who adopted diverse tactics for controlling His devotees' enemies. c) He Who moves around in many different ways. sarva-Sastra-bhrtam-varah .a) He of the form of four Emanations (vyUha forms). c) He Who can be controlled (reached) through the Omkara. b) He Who had four manifestations in His vibhava form (as krshna.He Who is not confused . to control the world through dharma. d) He Who has the four horns in the form of the four Vedas. 770. Om nigrahaya namah. Om catur-vyuhaya namah. nigrahah . d) He Whose Supremacy is established by the four-fold Vedas. c) He Who manifests Himself as purusha. makara. catur-vyuhah . veda purusha. balarama.The Best among those warriors who are armed with all weapons. . d) He Who showers His fierce weapons on His enemies in defense of His devotees. and nada. 767. Om catur-murtaye namah. d) (a-vyagrah . f) He Who has many aspects to His role as a Bestower of His devotees' wishes. with its four "horns" . Om tejo-vrshaya namah. 769. b) He Who can be brought under control (realized) through the four horns in the form of the four veda-s.He of Four Forms. e) He Who has many dimensions to His Lordship (prabhutvam). chandah purusha.satya sandha yatiraja) . gadagrajah . catur-murtih .radiance on everything. naika-sr'ngah . pradyumna. 765.The Four-armed. 766. vyagrah .a) The Subduer.
catur-bhavah . citta. b) He Who performs His function of creation again and again in cycles. catur-veda-vit . i) He Who manifest Himself in four kinds of Atmas: jiva. etc. jnanatma.a) He Who gives expression to the four vyuha forms through four kinds of actions. h) He Who is Himself un-impacted or withdrawn with . b) He Who is the Knower of the four Vedas. e) He Who is the Refuge for the four kinds of bhakata-s (arta. d) He Who is skilled in keeping His atma pure from attachment etc. 780. f) He Who manifests Himself in four forms to support the jiva in its four states . b) He Who has four manifestations in His vibhava incarnations of Krishna and Rama. b) The Source of the four . catur-gatih . prajna. and jnanI). artharthi.a) He Who is known by those who are learned in the four Vedas.a) He Who takes incarnations again and again for the benefit of His devotees. b) He whose mind is turned away from worldly attachments. g) He Who has permeated everything completely. paramatma. buddhi. and ahankAra. Om caturbhavaya namah. etc.the four-faced brahma (catura = kusala. 775. om catur-gataye namah. c) He Who has a four-fold manifestation in His functions of creation. c) He Whose true thoughts are always revolving around what He can do to help His devotees.Arta. c) He Who has the four gaits (vrshabha. purursharthas. vyaghra. and turiya. fit).a) He Who manifests only a part of His mahima when He takes incarnations amongst humans. 777. Om caturatmane namah. antaratma. eka-pat .visva. b) He Whose manifestation in the form of this Universe is only one-fourth of Himself. c) He who is the AtmA of those who practice the nivrtti dharma (Bestower of benefits according to karma). kaivalya.a) He Who is in the form of the four purushartha-s. catur-atma . and simha gati). c) He Who created the four kinds of species.a) He whose Nature is different from. gaja. f) He Who withdraws the jivas into Him during pralaya. om samavartaya namah. (catura -caturya atma). Sloka 83 samavarto nivrttatma dur-jayo dur-atikramah | dur-labho dur-gamo durgo duravaso durari-ha || 779. e) He who does not turn away from anything or anywhere because He is Omnipresent. d) He Who is the goal of the four varna-s and the four asramas. brahma. artharthI. nivrttatma . asramas. g) He Who is the antaryami of the four types of devotees . samavartah . d) He whose nature is that He is free from the bonds of samsara. Om eka-pade namah. b) He Who provides the four goals: indra. taijasa. h) He Who created the fit being . jijnasu.Sankara). c) He Who makes it possible to know the four Vedas.a) He Who has four forms in His vyUha incarnation. c) He Who is constantly on the look-out as our Sole Protector (ekapo + at). (a-nivrttatmA . and moksha. even when He takes His incarnation amongst us (Krshna incarnation). e) He Who is behind the functions of manas. and superior to. 776.774. om catur-veda-vide namah. 778.varnas. (nara-narayana incarnation). preservation and destruction. everything else (Trascendental Form).
dur-atikramah . b) He Who cannot be transgressed because of fear of the consequences of disobeying Him. Om dur-avasaya namah. d) He Who has beautiful gaits. guru's words. d) He Who causes pain and suffering to the evil-minded rAkshasa-s.He Whose place of residence (SrI vaikunTham) is not easy to attain. Om loka-sara'ngaya namah. etc. b) He Who grasps the essence of the world like a sara'nga or honeybee. Subha'ngah . e) He Who is attracted by bhakti. c) He Who can be known only by the difficult process of enquiry into the Upanishads. c) He Who is reachable through the essence (sara) of the vedas. 789. namely pranava. 782. c) He Who makes it possible for us to conquer duhkham. b) He Whose True Nature can be known only with difficulty. Om durarighne namah. 784 dur-gamah . loka-sara'ngah .He Who is separated from us by our avidyA which acts like a fortress between Him and us. d) He Who can be won over by difficult practices such as samadhi etc. e) He Who is praised by the sAma gAnam which is difficult to master.a) He with a bewitching form that mesmerizes the asura-s and misleads them..a) He Who cannot be under control except by devotion.He Who is difficult to attain because of His Effulgence. b) The Dispeller of evil thoughts from the minds of the devotees. c) He Who makes the ashtanga yoga successful for those who follow this path with devotion. Om dur-atikramaya namah.a) He Who preached the superficially acceptable goals in the world.respect to the effects of pralaya of srshti. f) He Who bestows moksham.a) He Who cannot be bypassed by those who seek relief from samsara. Om nivrttatmane namah. Om dur-gamaya namah 785 dur-gah . b) He with an auspicious form that is meditated upon by His true devotees. sorrow is the result. dur-jayah . 787. c) He for whom all sorrow is bypassed. etc. Om dur-labhaya namah. b) Nor easily realized because of unanticipated obstacles during our efforts to seek Him. Om dur-jayaya namah. om subhangaya namh.He Who is difficult to attain for those who are not singleminded in their devotion to Him. to His devotees. g) He Who has devotees singing His auspicious qualities. f) He Who makes things functional in this Universal in a beautiful way. Sloka 84 Subha'ngo loka-sara'ngah su-tantuh tantu-vardanah | Indra-karma maha-karma krta-karma krtagamah || 788. c) He Whose realization is constrained by our own limitations. b) He Who is Invincible. Om dur-gaya namah 786 dur-avasah . d) He by transgressing whose orders. g) He Who brings the auspicious aspects such as trust in sastra-s. durari-ha . i) He whose mind turns away from any feeling of self-glory over His kirti or fame. and He to whom the jnani-s are attracted. e) He Who pervades everywhere at all times with His auspicious form.a) The Dispeller of the evil-minded enemies. 781. . 783 dur-labhah . d) He Who is the object of devotion (loka-sara).
Om maha-karmane namah. where He likes. d) He Who expanded the yadava race in auspicious way by being born as the son of vasudeva. om krtagamaya namah. 799. krta-karma . b) One Who has achieved all there is to achieve.a) He Who presents Himself as a very soft person to the asura-s in order to convince them to follow His deceitful methods. 798. c) He Who is the Originator of the pancaratra Agama. Om sundaya namah. d) He Who made His appearance at Dvaraka after performing His several leelas. when He likes. c) He Who bestows joy and happiness on His devotees. c) He Who killed sunda through upasunda (sunda-rah). Om sundaraya namah.a) He Who rose above samsara. indra-karma . by protecting it.a) He Who practiced the acts He preached to the asura-s.Rig. su-tantuh . Sloka 85 udbhavah sundarah sundo ratna-nabhah su-locanah | arko vaja-sanih sr'ngI jayantah sarva-vij-jayI || 796.a) The Propounder of Agama-s (Spiritual texts) including those dealing with Buddhism. c) He Who withdraws this world into Himself after creating it. 793. c) He from Whom everything originated. taking birth as He likes. tantu-vardhanah . f) He Who is born again and again for the protection of dharma. d) He Who resides in an exalted place ( SrI vaikunTham). Jainism. 791. sundah . etc. 794. d) One Who has performed acts that no one else can ever perform.originated.He of magnanimous actions. udbhavah . Om tantu-vardhanaya namah 792.in the form of ratna-s in the oceans. mahA-karma . b) He Who is soft to His devotees. d) He Who is exceedingly well regarded and worshipped.a) He Who did all this for the sake of Indra. sundarah . ratna-nabhah . b) He Who augments the expansion of Himself into this world. c) He Who destroys the asuras (aratnanAbhah). with perfection. b) He Who is responsible for the powers of indra. krtagamah . b) He Who has the navel from which the gem among men -brahma . e) He Who has separated or divided the different creatures well in many ways. b) He Who has the beautiful conch pa'ncajanyam.a) He Who increases the meshes. c) One Who keeps repeating the processes of creation etc. b) He Who has expanded this Universe starting from Himself. d) He Who has ratna in His navel . Om sutantave namah. 795. c) He Who has progeny such as brahmA. b) He Who propounded the Vedas ..a) He who has a powerful net of threads to capture the asuras and retain them from escaping. Om indra-karmane namah.790.a) He with a gem-like navel.a) He Who is handsome. e) he Who makes His appearance repeatedly through different incarnations. Om . in order to convince them. om udbhavaya namah 797. b) He Who is of a superior birth. etc. d) He Who expanded the Vasudeva family through pradyumna and others. c) He Who performs acts that reflect His Supreme Lordship. e) He Who created the exalted gods and goddesses. Sama. om krta-karmaNe namah.
809. sarva-vag-isvara-isvarah . d) He Who has provided every creature with the means to express its sr'nga or expression of power. Om arkaya namah. c) He With the peak of Govardhana mountain on His hand. Om maha-hradaya anamah. b) He Who has a beautiful form with golden-colored beautiful limbs. Om vaja-sanaye namah. c) He Who had won over the hearts of the all-knowing sages. b) He Who is in the form of the sun. 804.a) One with bewitching eyes.a) He Who concealed the truth of the vedic path from the asura-s with sweet words.a) He Who is praised. su-locanah . and Who has beautifully divided the creatures of the universe into their various parts. or in His reclining on the Milk Ocean. d) He Who has a beautiful form. Om sarva-vag-isvara-isvaraya namah. d) He Who gives everyone else the ability to see. 807 . 805.a) The Vast Lake in which the sinners drown never to rise again. maha-hradah .The Conquerer. b) He Who is associated with the deep waters. 803. c) One Who has the wisdom and the vision of the Self. Om jayantaya namah.He who is unshaken by desire. e) He Who destroys the fear of birth in His devotees. sr'ngi . vaja-sanih . arkah . 808.ratna-nabhaya namah. jayantah . 802. c) He Who has created the great oceans so that the earth does not become completely dry and perish. sarva-vij-jayI . etc. f) He Who has the beautiful golden-colored sandalwood marks on His forehead. b) He Who had a horn in His matsya and varAha incarnations. cheeks. b) He of superior wisdom. . 800.a-kshobhyah . e) The Knower of the veda-s consisting of auspicious letters. b) He Who is Omniscient and Victorious. and the devotees dip again and again to get relief.a) The Conqueror of those who had learnt all things. 801. suvarna-binduh . Sloka 86 suvarnabindurakshobhyah sarvavagisvaresvarah | mahahrado mahagarto mahabhuto mahanidhih || 806. Om sr'ngine namah. c) He Who is in the form of the auspicious praNava mantra.a) He Who advocated eating a lot (a Preacher of mundane pleasures. like eating). as in kAlIya mardanam. b) He Who provides for the nourishment of all His creation.The Lord of all who have a mastery over all words. Om akshobhyaya namah. Om suvarnabindave namah. Om sarva-vij-jayine namah. om su-locanaya namah.a) He Who appears like one having a horn (with a bunch of peacock feathers in his hand).
Om maha-nidhaye namah. maha-bhutah . Om kundaya namah. b) He Who is a great treasure for His devotees. c) He Who is the Origin of the five elements. c) He Who bestows benefits as agreeable as the kunda flower (kunda-rah). d) He Who is like a treasure from which His devotees can draw at will. h) He Who eliminated the bad kshatriya kings from the earth. b) The Great Charioteer of mahabharata fame.a) The Bestower of the knowledge of the Supreme Reality (kunda-rah). d) He Who resides in the great mountains such as Seshacala.a) He Who has the great treasure in the form of His devotees. b) He Who cleanses the sins of His devotees. d) He Who accepts offering that are pure like the kunda flowers (kunda-lah). Om kundaraya namah. 814. Om maha-gartaya namah. b) He Who is a Great Being. maha-nidhih . f) One Who gives what is sought or what is desired. i) He Who cleanses the earth through the sun. kundah . c) He Who is the Abode of everything in the Universe. b) One Who gladdens the earth by ridding it of the evil-doers. resides. 815. d) He Who bestows purity like the kunda flower to His devotees.a) He Who is on this earth with delight by enjoying the association with His devotees. in the form of the sun. c) One Who bestows the auspicious world of parama padam. e) The Great Pit in which everything in this Universe originates. kundarah . g) He Who gave an offering of the earth to kasyapa rshi. e) He Who pierced the earth in His varAha incarnation in search of hiranyaksha (kum-darah). . 811. c) He Who is pure and beautiful like the kunda (jasmine) flower. maha-gartah . and merges back.810. c) The One with the Great Chariot (with the Garuda in its flag). d) One Who delights in the sky. rain. Om kumudaya namah. 812. kumudah . g) He Who created the oceans by tearing apart the earth (kum-darah). e) He Who wears a garland made of blue lilies. e) He Who has the spear by name kunta (kuntah). etc.a) He Who grants the successive stages of higher knowledge. Om maha-bhutaya namah. f) One who is sharp like the kunta spear in removing the sins of His devotees (kuntah). h) He Who is very pleased with the offerings of the kunda pushpa-s by His devotees (kunda-rah).a) He Who pushes the great sinners into the great pit of samsAra. b) He Who dissolves or eliminates the sins accumulated over countless births (kundarah).a) He Who considers great men as His own. Sloka 87 kumudah kundarah kundah parjanyah pavano'nilah | amrtaso'mrta-vapuh sarva~jnah sarvato-mukhah || 813.
g) One Who does not have a fixed residence.the kings (pA + avanah). c) He Who sows and cuts the lives of this Universe continuously irrespective of time. . 822. e) He Who observed all the vrata-s rigorously in His Krishna incarnation. c) He Who purifies in the form of wind.a) He Who has taken a good. Om parjanyaya namah. f) One Who provides unending means of survival for His creation. anilah . Sloka 88 sulabhah su-vratah siddhah Satru-jit Satru-tapanah | nyag-rodhodumbaro'Svatthah canurandhra-nishudanah || 823. Om sarvajnaya namah. even though He was the Supreme Soul. f) One Who needs no support. b) He Who has faces on all sides.a) He Who need not be goaded by anyone in His blessing the devotees (anilah). agni. b) He Who moves to His devotees to remove their distress. 821. b) He Who has no enforcer above Him. etc. parjanyah . 818.a) He Who feeds His devotees with the Nectar . d) He Who protects the protectors . Om suvrataya namah. b) He Who makes it possible to attain sukham (sukham labhata). b) He Who consumed the nectar after churning the Milk Ocean. amrta-vapuh . b) He Who knows all the needs of all His devotees.a) He Who can be approached from many paths. sarvato-mukhah . e) He Who is ever awakened. punya. Om amrta-vapushe namah. etc. su-vratah . e) One Who is dear to the muktas.a) He of a Nectar-like body. su-labhah . 819. j) He Who gave the kingdom (to ugrasena after killing kamsa). One Who is in the form of the wind. amrtasah . c) One Who has an ever-living will to give fruits. strong vow. etc. d) One Whose wishes are failure-proof. 817. Om sarvato-mukhaya namah.a) He Who bestows His blessings on the devotees like the raincloud. Om amrtasaya namah. d) He Who controls everything in this universe and keeps them in order.a) He Who is the forrn of the wind.a) He Who can be easily attained. h) He Who has no end. c) He Who is easily accessible to His devotees (a-nilah). om anilaya namah. water. d) He Who is the Giver of life-breath to everything else. 820. 824. b) He from whom a superior birth is attained. k) He Who spent sleepless nights (planning how to save rukmini). c) He Who protects.816. Om su-labhaya namah. b) He Who accepts only the pure food that is offered with sincerity by His selfless devotees. Om pavanaya namah.Himself.a) He Who knows all. sarvaj~nah . b) He Who has an immortal form. i) One Who has no binding to papa. c) He Who controlled what He consumed appropriately in His nara-narayana incarnation. pavanah .
as His form. a) He Who has the most auspicious SrI vaikuntham as His own. b) He Whose tirumeni radiates with kanti that resembles infinite number or rays emanating from Him. or He Who bestows auspiciousness on us. Sloka 89 sahasrarcih sapta-jihvah saptaidhah sapta-vahanah | a-murtir_anagho'cintyo bhaya-krt bhaya-nasanah || 830. d) He Who makes His devotees accomplished . 829. canurandhra-nishudanah . Who illumines everything in this Universe. c) He Who is fully accomplished. 832.jits to torment His devotees' enemies.The seven-tongued. c) He Who eternally rules over the universe that is never the same. Om canurandharanishudanaya namah. without dependence on anyone or anything else. f) He Who has the superior pitambaram as His garment (ud. superior to all. duryodhana and the like. 828. b) He Who is `above the sky'. Om saptaidhase namah.a) The Thousand-rayed. b) He Who causes utmost misery to those who cause hardship to the good people of sattvik disposition. Om sahasrarcishe namah. saptaidhah . . sapta-jihvah . e) He Who is praised by the highest and best of sounds . om asvattaya namah. d) He Who pervades the entire universe in the form of the five great elements.the already existing means . 831. asvattah .He Who has the Supreme Abode with Lakshmi and everything that is magnificent. sahasrarcih . 826.bhajans. b) He Who is the siddhopaya . c) He Who slew canura. om nyagrodhodumbaraya namah. om siddhaya namah.a) He Who slew the wrestler by name canura. Om satru-jit-satru-tapanaya namah. g) He Who accomplishes all His undertakings flawlessly to completion and perfection.a) He Whose protection is ever available without any special effort on the part of His devotees. nama-sankirtanas etc. 827.a) He Who has established the impermanent gods for performing various functions. Om sapta-jihvaya namah.through all means of proof available to us. b) He Who is described as the root of an eternal asvattha tree of samsara etc. Satru-jit-satru-tapanah . siddhah . d) One Who has the best of sounds .the veda-s. nyag-rodhodumbarah .the Ultimate Truth .He Who occupies the bodies of Satru. i.825.e. and keeps constantly changing. f) The final conclusion .ambarah). e) He Who gave us the Sastras. but Who is at the command of the devotees who approach Him with folded hands.for attaining moksham.. c) He Who nourishes the world in the form of food etc.One Who is kindled in the form of fire by the seven kinds of offerings.in their tapas and other efforts to attain Him.
a) The Sinless. Om saptavahanaya namah. krsah . d) He Who does not suffer sorrow. b) He Who is opposed to sin. the seven objects of these sense-organs. b) He Who is signified by the letter `a' in pranavam. nir-gunah . bhya-krt . 834. c) He Who supports the three worlds through the seven vayu-mandala-s or regions of air. 841. seven holes in our face as sense organs. sapta-vahanah .sabde). He Who destroys the asura-s). Om bhaya-krte namah.a) He Who is immense. b) He Who supports the Universe in the form of the seven Sun-s. and tamas. 837. a-cintyah .a) He Who is incomparable to anything known.a) He Who has the power of being smaller than anything small that is known to us.a) He Who is lighter than the light. Om krsaya namah. brhat .He Who destroys fear. Om nir-gunaya namah.833. c) He Who bears (has) infinite kalyana guna-s. etc. Om anave namah. b) He Who is thinner than anything thin. 840. b) He Who supports the three guNa-s of sattva. b) He Who is the cause of the sound that permeates everywhere and is in everything (ana . c) He Who is in the form of the Vedas.Sabde). e) He Who makes `light work' of the asura-s (i. c) He Who is of blemishless character. 838.e.a) He Who has seven vehicles in the form of the seven Vedic mantra-s represented by the seven horses of the Sun. rajas. b) He Who grows or enhances enormously the wealth of His devotees. (ana . c) He Who cannot be completely comprehended in our minds.He Who is bereft of the qualities (common to others). e) He Who protects the beings through facilities that has provided in units of seven .. Om acintyaya namah. 844. d) He Who pares down the form for the jiva-s to make it possible for them to live in comfort. sthulah .The Great. 842. Sloka 90 anur_brhat_krsas_sthulo guna-bhrn_nir-guno mahan | adhrtah sva-dhrtah svasyah prag-vamso vamsa-vardhanah || 90 839. an-aghah . c) He Who reduces or eliminates the difficulties to His devotees. Om anaghaya namah. Om guna-bhrte namah. d) He Who has a vehicle with its horse named sapta. 843. b) He Whose power cannot be imagined. . a-murtih .He Who causes fear. 836. guna-bhrt . f) He Who conducts the seven worlds with prosperity.a) He Who does not have a body that is the effect of karma similar to ours. Om bhaya-nasanaya namah. Om sthulaya namah. etc. the Sastras. or He Who reveals the Vedas. anuh .seven types of fluids in our system. Om brhate namah. bhaya-nasanah . om a-murtaye namah 835.a) The Supporter of all that are subject to Him.
mahan .He Who keeps His progeny growing. etc.He Who provides an abode of rest for the seekers.He Who has a glorious status and is superior over the mukta-s.i.a) He Who is supreme in everything. Om Sramanaya namah 858.845.He Who is Self-sustained and superior over the baddha-s who may have some of the same ashTa aiSvarya-s that we saw above. the Pole Star). Om bhara-bhrte namah. who have a status equivalent to Him in many respects. Om asramaya namah. a-dhrtah . 847. b) He Who is realized through yogic powers.He Who is the cause of the eternally free souls and is superior over the nitya-s. Om yogisaya namah. 855. 857. sarva-kama-dah . through meditation . the eternal souls in Sri Vaikuntham. d) He Who is the source of subsistence for sanyAsin-s. Om svadhrtaya namah 848. 846.He Who is the foremost Lord of all yogins. ksamah . since He is their origin. but who were once clouded by nescience. c) He Who undertook tapas in the form of Nara Narayana for the welfare of the world. 853. svasyah . d) He Who has total control of His Self. Om sarva-kama-daya namah. sva-dhrtah . and known by. d) He Who reduces everything to its un-evolved state at the time of . etc. vamsa-vardhanah . Om a-dhrtaya namah. om kathitaya namah. c) He Who is worthy of worship. Om prag-vamsaya namah 850.. the One who fosters and grows all the three categories of jIva-s.e. e) He Who unites the devotees with their wishes . asramah .a) He Who is endowed with super-human powers. Sramanah . Om yogine namah.He Who bestows all desires. c) He Who bonds everything together. b) He Who is Great beyond comprehension. He Who bestows the devotees' wishes. hymns of praise.He Whose greatness is extolled by all the Vedas. bhagavan. b) He Who helps the yogi to become well-equipped. yogisah . b) He Who torments those who have not exercised their discriminating ability. Om mahate namah. b) The Unsustained. kathitah . 854. e) Subject matter of. prayer. c) He Who alone is left behind at the time of pralaya. 852. Om vamsa-vardhanaya namah.a) One Who is in a diminished form (in the form of Dhruva. and worshiped by the likes of Indra. Om svasyaya namah 849.a) He Who makes it possible to continue the effort of uncompleted yoga in the next birth. Sloka 91 bhara-bhrt kathito yogi yogisah sarva-kama-dah | asramah sramanah kshamah suparno vayu-vahanah || 851.a) The Unconstrained. 856.He Who shoulders the burden. source and eternal support. prag-vamsah . yogI . bhara-bhrt . Puranas.
a) One Who has beautiful wings . h) He Who is the Abode of Supreme Happiness (su-parNah). h) He Who restrains and controls those of demonic disposition (ksha + mavate). 859.Hanuman" as His vehicle during His Rama incarnation.The wielder of the bow. j) Remover of obstructions in the path of cows (ksham + ama). Om damayitre namah. g) One Who is easily pleased by pure devotion. suparnah . a-damah . dhanur-vedah .a) The source of punishment for the wicked. damayita . f) He Who is the final abode for all (kshayati). 864.the danda. dhanur-dharah .a) He Who is not subdued by anyone. . etc.Garuda as His vahana. vayu-vahanah . c) One Who has given the means of self-protection (dhanush) to all His creation. c) He Who enables everything to move around. c) He Who is the means of control. 862. b) He Who is verily the weapon (power) of yama . d) He Who controls everything. Om dhanur-vedaya namah. dandah . Garuda. 863. e) One Who is decorated with the beautiful green tulasi leaves. c) He Whom no one else controls (a-dandah).a) He Who makes the wind flow for the benefit of sustaining life. b) The Knower of the Science of archery in its completeness (a reference to Lord Rama). k) He Who endures patiently. d) One Who has propounded meditation on "OM" as the sure means of Self realization. Om vayuvahanaya namah. d) He Who is in the form of the Vedas (as the "leaves" of the tree of samsara). d) He Who is the source of restraint for all beings so that they follow dharma. k) He Who has suparna . i) He Who bore the Earth (in His varAha incarnation). c) He Who had "The Vayu .a) The Propounder of the science of archery. b) He Who helps the yogi-s cross the ocean of samsara. b) The Dispeller (of the miseries and sufferings of His devotees). e) He Who bestows all wishes to His devotees.in the form of hamsa. 860.pralaya. and he in Whom everything is hidden. g) He Who has established the Universe in all its dimensions (ksha + mane). j) He Who pervades the entire Universe completely. Om suparnaya namah. Sloka 92 dhanur-dharo dhanur-vedo dando damayita'damah | a-parajitah sarva-saho niyanta niyamo yamah || 861. Om dhanur-dharaya namah. b) He Who is in the form of the good effects of punishment to those who err. i) He Who rests on the beautiful tender green fig-tree leaf (at the time of prlaya). 865.a) The Subduer (of the enemies of His devotees). Om kshamaya namah. Om a-damaya namah. e) He Who remains hidden amongst us. f) One Who has the green color of emerald because of His association with Lakshmi. b) He Who lifts up the fallen with the swiftness of air with the help of Garuda. Om dandaya namah.
873.. 874. c) He Who is beyond yama or mrityu (a-yamah). niyanta . and who alone exists ( Sri Sankara). and Who shows the path for. Om sattvikaya namah. d) He Who forgives the aparadha-s of everyone. om sarva-sahaya namah 868. and surya. yamah . sattvikah . c) He Who provides the support to. strength etc.a) The Supporter of all the other deities. e) He Who bestows sacred knowledge about Himself to devotees in full measure. c) One Who is determined to bestow His blessings on His devotees. c) He Who is attained through the yogic path of niyama (and yama). c) He Who is established in Truth. and established in. sattva-van . b) One Who is good in a supreme way. 872. e) One Who brings to end all life at the time of pralaya. b) He Who conquers all His enemies. satya-dharma-parayanah . Om satyaya namah. b) One Who has no one above Him to direct and control Him (a. f) He Who pervades and surrounds everything (yama .pariveshane . b) He Who is ever devoted to. Sloka 93 sattva-van sattvikah satyah satya-dahrma-parayanah | abhiprayah priyarho_'rhah priya-krt prIti-vardhanah || 871. d) He Who is Real.a) He Who controls.a) He Who confers the fruits of sattva guna.a) The Controller (of all the deva-s). Om niyamaya namah. 867. f) One Who feeds His devotees with delectable food in the form of anubhavam of Himself. a-parajitah . and Who is Resplendent (a-pah + rajitah).a) He Who controls the sattva guna that paves the way for liberation. anna. om niyantre namah 869. g) One Who knows and prescribes the mandates that bestow virtue (aya+mah).a) One Who is well-disposed towards pious souls.to surround). 870. b) He Who has no protector above Him. Om satya-dharma-parayanaya namah. niyamah . those who follow the superior path of dharma.866. turvasa. c) He Who is competent in all His actions. b) One Who possesses courage.a) He Who directs.a) He Who is pleased with the true dharma practiced by His devotees. satyah . etc. c) He Whose Powers do not perish or diminish over time. b) He Who ordains. b) One Who is essentially established in sattva guNa. who take interest in discharging virtuous duties. Om yamaya namah. d) Refuge of devotees such as yadu. Om a-parajitaya namah.niyanta). d) One Who has no one to command Him (a-yamah). Truth and in righteousness. .niyamah). e) He Who is in the form of prana.a) He Who is invincible. sarva-sahah . Om sattva-vate namah. d) He Who has no Controller or Director above Him (a. b) He Who is attained through the yogic path of yama (and niyama).
b) He Who fulfills the love of His devotees. b) The Light that is selfluminous. priya-krt . 884. or He Who brings forth wealth. 878. abhiprayah . sa'njaya etc. c) The Light that illuminates the Sun.a) He Who is the means for the attainment of paramapadam. moon.a) The Illuminant (the year). 879.He that is the Bright Fortnight of the Moon. the moon etc. prIti-vardhanah . etc.to abandon).the King of birds. (vi-locanah). su-rucih . d) He because of Whom we get enlightenment. c) He Who is praised by His devotees.a) He Who is the object of choice. huta-bhug-vibhuh . Om ravaye namah. om virocanaya namaH. Om abhiprayaya namah. b) He of various splendors . priyarhah . d) He Who is attained by tapasvins through their tapas (ha tyage . Om huta-bhugvibhave namah. c) He Who exclusively directs the activities of all others. 886.a) The source of movement in the form of wind.a) He of lovely effulgence . c) He Who travels in space through His vehicle Garuda. 881. c) One who generates Sri or brilliance in surya or agni (sacred fire). suryah . d) He Who gave special sight (divya cakshus) to arjuna. 876. 882. arhah . b) He Who deserves to be offered our most beloved offerings. 877.such as Sun. Om jyotishe namah. vihayasa-gatih . d) He Who has intense attachment to His devotees.875. Om priyarhaya namah. 883.The fitting Lord to be worshipped. virocanah . b) One Who has the good desire or Will to protect the world.a) The Sun in his uttarayana or Summer solstice.He Who does what is wanted by others. Sloka 94 vihayasa-gatir_jyotir_su-rucir_huta-bhug-vibhuh | ravir_iorocanah suryah savita ravi-locanah || 880. night. ravih . b) He Who is responsible for the ability of all cetana-s and acetana-s to make sound. 885. b) He to Whom all beings go (praiti) directly (abhi) during pralaya. Om arhaya namah. c) He Who is the cause of all the effulgence in everything. om priya-krte namah. b) He Who travels in the form of the Sun. Om suryaya namah. .The Day time. Om su-rucaye enamah. day. jyotih .a) The Light that leads to Sri Vaikuntham. Om prIti-vardhanaya namah. Om vihayasa-gataye namah.a) He Who is rightly the object of love.a) Who increases the joy of His devotees. b) He Who brings forth everything. c) He Who shines in the minds of His devotees in various special ways.
895. om savitre namah. Om naika-dAya namaH. 891.The Support of all the worlds. ravi-locanah . Om sukha-dAya namah.887. Sloka 95 ananta-huta-bhug-bhokta sukha-do naikado-'grajah a-nirvinnah sadamarshI lokadhishthanam_adbhutah | || 889. om agra-jAya namaH. food etc. b) He Who is patient towards the mistakes of good people (sat +A+marshI). d) He Who is not tired of fulfilling the wishes of His devotees.). lokadhishthanam . Om sada-marshine namah..a) The Giver of many things (Literally. naika-dah . 890. 896.a) The Giver of Bliss to His devotees. ananta-huta-bhug-bhokta . agra-jah . 894.cuts). sukha-dah . adbhutah . d) He Who is fond of praise. sada-marshI . c) He Who is extremely impatient with the wicked people (sada + amarshI). b) He Who makes appearances occasionally amongst us.a) He Who illuminates (through the rays of the sun). f) He Who has given a beautiful body to the jivas.a) He Who is not despondent that the jIva-s are not resorting to Him for redemption. dyati .a) He Who is indra and brahmA of immeasurable greatness. b ) He Who is relieved of worry after having liberated a jIva who becomes a mukta. c) He because of Whom grains.He Who manifests in front of the mukta-s. savita . b) He Who brings forth everything in the Universe (including the sun etc. a-nir-vinnah . . e) He Who is the source of water for all beings (sukham = udakam = water). The Giver of Not just one thing). om a-nir-viNNAya namaH. Om lokadhishthanaya namah. om ravi-locanaya namah. b) He that has the Sun for His eye. and Who consumes the offerings through fire. b) He Who is endless. c) He from Whose eyes the Sun was born. c) He Who is not depressed because He has nothing to wish for. 888. in the form of the Sun. b) He Who is not `born' just once.cuts) so that they can seek the Higher Bliss. d) The Remover of unhappiness for His devotees (asukha-dah. om ananta-huta-bhug-bhoktre namah. b) The Remover of happiness for the wicked. but many times (naika-jaH). c) The Remover of tiny pleasures from His devotees (dyati . 892. exist (Adyam = grains).a) He Who is extremely wonderful. om adbhutaya namah.a) He Who produces or brings forth the crops etc. 893.a) He Who is ever patient (sada_marshI).
om svasti-daya namah. svasti-dakshinah . 912. sanat .He Who enjoys the never-diminishing Bliss. om kapaye-avyayaya namah. sanatana-tamah . om kundaline namah. svasti-dah .Sloka 96 sanat sanatana-tamah kapilah kapir_avyayah | svasti-dah sasti-krt svasti svasti-bhuk svasti-dakshinah || 897. om sanatana-tamaya namah. 903. cakrI .that of protection. 908.The Giver of Auspiciousness. om sabda-sahaya namah. 913. and always of the same beautiful Form.a) He Who has prowess. om cakrine namah.He Who is of beautiful complexion. om a-raudraya namaH. om sanate namah. Sloka 97 a-raudrah kundali cakrI vikram_yurjita-sasanah | sabdatigah sabda-sahah sisirah sarvikarah || 906. sisirah . om urjita-sasanaya namah.The Doer of good to the devotees.He Who is bedecked with beautiful ear-rings. om svastine namah. svasti-krt . 899. Immutable.a) The Object of enjoyment. vikrami . om svasti-krte namah. kapilah . c) He Who has no difference in His different incarnations.The Most Ancient. Om kapilaya namah.He Who is Auspiciousness. 909.a) The Protector of all that is auspicious. 898. 904. a-raudrah . urjita-sasanah . svasti . d) He Who has a distinguishing role . om sisiraya namah.He Who gives auspicious things as dakshina to His devotees. sabdatigah .He Who shoulders the burden of the words of cry of distress. 900. b) The Enjoyer of Bliss. b) He Who is in the form of Time. . om vikramine namah. b) He with the characteristic stride (in His tri. 901. 911. c) He Who enables His devotees to enjoy bliss.One with the Discus in His arm. 902. om svasti-dakshinaya namh. 910. kapir-avyayah . svasti-bhuk . sabda-sahah . kundali . 907. om sabdatigaya namah.vikrama incarnation).He Who is beyond words.He of inviolable commands.He Who is not driven to anger easily. om svasti-bhuje namah.He Who rushed to render help. 905. c) He Who is Eternal.
919.a) He Who removes evil elements very quickly (daksh sighrarthe). c) He Who grows into.sighrarthe). om vidvat-tamaya namah.He Who was not cruel (while rescuing gajendra). 920.a) He Who had the destructive weapons in His hands. vidvat-tamah . b) He Who is devoid of fear.He Whose nama sravanam and kirtanam are purifying.a) He Who is charming. b) The Foremost among those who bear the burden of the Universes. dakshah . the Universe (daksh . om kshaminam-varaya namah.dexterous). e) He Who destroys His enemies (daksh . 921.a) The foremost in bearing the burden of protection of His devotees. punya-sravana-kIrtanah . dakshinah . to arrive very fast at the scene of Gajendra's suffering. 916. Sloka 98 a-kruraH pesalo daksho dakshinah kshaminam-varah vidvat-tamo vita-bhayah punya-sravana-kirtanah | || 915. Sloka 99 . om sarvari-karaya namah. om vIta-bhayaya namah.914.a) He Who is pleasing and amiable. d) He Who is very liberal. b) The Maker of `night' . c) He Who destroys everything (at the time of pralaya).to grow). b) One Who is supremely soft. b) He Who pervades everywhere. om akruraya namah.the time for rest.in the form of samsara. om dakshinaya namah. om punya-sravana-kirtanaya namah. 922. b2) He Who had the Sakti . and kind. c) The maker of night . d) He Who is deft in His creation.himsanayoh).a) He because of Whom fear is dispelled. b1) He Who came to the rescue of gajendra very fast (daksh . sarvari-karah .The Best among those who know what to do. om pesalaya namah. or manifests Himself as. a-krurah .power. pesalah . e) He Who causes destruction of His enemies. charitable. om dakshaya namah. kshaminam-varah . 917. vIta-bhayah . d) He Who is in the form of the cool rays of the moon in the nights. sustenance and destruction (daksha . 918.
power.a) He Who slays the evil-doers. b) He Who exists for His devotees. rakshanah . 935.The Savior.. 930. uttaranah . 927. bayapahah .uttarano dushkrti-ha punyo duh-svapna-nasanah | vira-ha rakshanah santo jivanah paryavasthitah || 923. om vira-ghne namah. Sloka 100 ananta-rupo_'nanta-srih jita-manyur_bhayapahah | catur-asro gabhiratma vidiso vyadiso disah || 932. 938. gabhiratma . om ananta-sriye namah. santah .a) He of infinite Forms. 937. forms. om caturasraya namah. b) He of wealth. b) One Who can be reached from all directions. 924.He Who stands beside. 929. 926. dus_svapna-nasanah . om rakshanaya namah. b) He of unending (never decaying) form. c) He Who bestows the desired benefits on His devotees.a) One Who is skilled in all aspects. catur-asrah . that will never diminish. paryavasthitah . om ananta-rupaya namah. 936. ananta-rupah . om gabhiratmane namah. om dushkrti-ghne namah.He Who destroyed the powerful bonds that tied Gajendra to death.He Who has conquered His anger. f) He Who is worshipped. om paryavasthitaya namah. om jivanaya namah. e) He Who is present everywhere and permeates everything. e) One Who nourishes and feeds everything in all four directions f) One Who is worshipped by the knowledgeable people. glory.a) One Whose nature. glory. d) He Who manifests Himself in the form of holy men.He Who lifts up. 925. om dussvapna-nasanaya namah. 928.He of deep and profound nature. jita-manyuh . om bhayapahaya namah. jivanah . vIra-ha . om uttaranaya namah. c) He of indescribable form .He Who destroys the fear (of samsara) in the mind of the devotee. power etc.The Purifier. 934. 931. g) He Who expands the world in a controlled way. om jita-manyave namah. b) One Who is fair to everybody.a) He of infinite wealth. c) One from whom wishes are asked for. 933. d) One Who pervades in all four directions.The Life-Giver.The Remover of evil dreams. om punyaya namah.a) He Who makes those who have sought refuge in Him prosper. dushkrti-ha . c) He . om santaya namah. and qualities are spread out in all directions. punyah .extending infinitely in all directions. b) He Who destroys the sins of those who surrender to Him. ananta-srih . etc. vidisah .
b) He Who supports that which supports all (namely. om disaya namah. 948.to know. om vidisaya namah. d) He Who pervades everywhere. f) He Who has revealed all sastras in elaborate detail. jananah . 946. disah . lakshmih . bhima-parakramya . the earth).The Creator. 949. om anadaye namah. 945. e) He Who is the cause of happiness for the knowers (of Brahman) . 944. om jana-janmadaye namah. 940. b) He Who is the ultimate goal of all beings. to the hunch-backed woman). jana-janmadih . c) He Who is adorned with beautiful shoulder ornaments (angadas). om bhimaya namah. om lakshmyai namah. om bhuvobhuve namah.a) He Who bestows His lovely form for His devotees to enjoy.a) He Who is the root cause of all beings..a) He Who appoints the different gods in their respective positions. 943. anadih . om vyadisaya namah.om su-viraya namah. suviro . d) He Who has given elegant means for all creatures to move about.a) He Who is not realized by many because of their ignorance etc. b) He Who bestows different benefits on devotees based on their karma-s.g. Sloka 102 .a) He Who is the abode of those who really live (by realizing their relation to the Lord). om rucira'ngadaya namah.based on vid .Who bestows all benefits on His devotees. bhimah . b) He Who has no beginning. rucira'ngadah . d) He Who is the Source of all knowledge. 939. c) He Who exists in Himself (with no other support). vyadisah . 947.He Who commands. 942. om jananaya namah.He Who is frightful to those who do not follow dharma.om bhima-parakramaya namah. Sloka 101 anadir_bhur-bhuvo lakshmih su-viro rucira'ngadah | janano jana-janmadir_bhimo bhima-parakramah || 941. b) He Who gives a beautiful body to those who are devoted (e. and is in everything. bhur-bhuvah .The Wealth. in all directions. c) He Who gives directions to the different gods as appropriate.
953. Lord both orders and justly manages all activities of each individuals and things constituting this scientifically precise universe. 950. Sleep means 'non-apprehension. Narayana. is the Vital Source from which all sense organs. capacities of feeling and their faculties of thinking and understanding. Adhaataa -"Above whom there is no other to control or to command" -One who is the supreme controller of all. and there after. 954." The Infinite reality is indicated by 'OM' in the Vedas." The root 'Pana' means "to transact. mind and intellect barrow their power of perception. 952. Absolute Love and Absolute Peace. the self. Therefore. He is the Law. Sloka 103 . the eternal truth is that the Law and the Law-Giver are one and the same. Pranavah -"Om-kaara is Pranava. 957. Aadhaaranilayah -"One who is the fundamental sustainer" -the support for all that exists. Pushpahaasah -"He who shines like an opening flower." warns Krishna in Bhagava Geeta.aadhaaranilayo-adhaata pushpahaasah prajaagarah oordhvagah satpathaachaarah praanadah prranavah panah. Therefore. and the world of pains and shocks. the self." By giving the exact rewards for all actions. the manifestations of life in man. "Whatever an adored one does. He came to be indicated by this term." The term 'Praana' in our Sastras means the physiological functions. All things and all beings are supported by the earth which itself rests upon the lord. opens up as the manifest world of things and beings. 'OM' is the manifesting sound of the supreme self. He is 'Ever-available" and is never asleep to his Eternal-Divine-Nature.' This 'non-apprehension' of reality is called 'Avidyaa' (nescience) which produces our 'mis-apprehension' of I and mine. Praanadah -"One who gives 'Praana' to all. in their own lives. Lord is the standard of perfection" and all devotees place him as the ideal -trying to imitate. Oordhvagah -"One who walks the path of truth" -a path which other implicitly follow to reach the Truth Inifinite. other people will implicitly follow. at the maturity of the vaasanaas. 951. Sree Narayana is called 'Pranavah': meaning he is of the 'nature of Omkaara. His Absolute Goodness. Since Narayana is the self." 958. Panah -"The supreme Manager of the universe. 956. Prajaagarah -"Ever-Awaked" -He who knows no sleep." The bud opens and manifests into the lord at the time of deluge existed as the total Unmanifest. that each mind projects the entire world of names and forms.
Or. achieve the fruits thereof. growth. In all 'activities. Factor-Divine. and the Eternal. 962. Ekaatmaa -"The Advaita Reality" -Narayana is the One self.the-same Supreme. Sree Narayana. we can find yet a new depth of suggestion if we understand this term to mean "One who is the very life-giving divine-touch in every breath. the individual become the self and.pramaanam prananilayah praanabhrit praanajeevanah tattvam tattvavidekaatmaa janmamrityujaraatigah. Tattvam-"the Reality" -that which is eternal. and by His Presence He initiates and maintains all these activities in all living creatures upon the earth's surface. They are birth. Tattvavit -"One who has realized fully the reality" -meaning the original essential nature of the self. "Consciousness is the Infinite Reality. 961." and once It has existed. Self never becomes non-existent. Ever. Pramaanam -"He whose very form is the Vedas" -which are the only 'proof' for the Eternal Reality. we may read it: He who is pure Infinite Consciousness (Prajnaanam) as we have it in the great Commandment." 960. the changeless Self. Praana-brit -"He who rules over all 'Praanas' -Sree Hari is the one who causes everyone to eat. Janma-mrityu-jaraa-atigah -"One who knows no change or modifications in Himself. the essence. Praana-jeevanah -"He who maintains the life-birth in all living creatures. decay. Sree Narayana. act. the Oversoul. grow old and die. digest. feel energized. of course. Praananilayah -"He in whom all 'praanas' stand established. 965." Ever finite object in the world undergoes constant 'change' and each of them is extremely painful.' the great Onecommanding. Who expresses himself as the individualities of the infinite entities in the universe. that very self. 966. 964. the self. therefore." 963. On realizing the self. endearing term." He who is very substratum -vital foundation -for all 'activities' manifested in a living organism. 959. . But. there is no rule that the lover should not repeat the same loving words to address his beloved. Sree Narayana. Geeta thunders the nature of the self to be "ever-birthless and never dying." Sree Narayana." This interpretation is not a happy one as this meaning has just come in the preceding. presides in silent detachment. In love. "That which one gains in subjective realization is the self. is One who has realized fully the Reality which is His Own Nature Divine.
Yajna-patih -"The lord of all yajnas. 972. Creator is known in our scriptural language as Pitaamaha -the Father. The world 'Loka' in Sanskrit means "a field of experience. this epithet has been given to Sree Narayana. the eternal Brahman ." Therefore. the infinite Self. alert with understanding. 971. Everywhere. Pra-pitaamahah -"He who is the father of even the 'Father of all Beings.and there is Be-attitude to experience the Self. our-world and the lower world. co-operative endeavors (Yajna). These are the joyous words of the lord who Himself declares. His constant Yajna to nurture and nourish the Universe. dream and deep-sleep states of consciousness." I am the 'Enjoyer' in all self -dedicated. "The 'Enjoyer' and the 'lord' in all yajnas am I." . 968. to whom." The creator Himself rose from the Absolute self." The term yajna means "work undertaken with a pure spirit of total dedication in complete cooperative endeavor with total selflessness. there is Sree Narayana in action through His creatures. 970. the glorious Essence (Sap) that pervades the entire Tree-of-Life-flowering out to even embrace all experiences in all planes of Consciousness. Yajnah -"One whose very nature is yajna. the individuality in each of us wakes up to the higher plane . 967. Brahmaaji. So." The famous Vedic terms bhooh Bhuvah and Svah connote the three worlds (lokas). of the trinity.Sloka 104 bhoorbhuvah svastarustaarah savitaaa prapitaamahah yajno yajnapatiryajvaa yajnaango yajnavaahmah. called Vyaahritees. in the everything at all times.Sree Hari. in fact. he will surely row them across the "Ocean of samsara:" that one is Taarah. Through exclusive. devoted meditation. 969. Savitaa -"He who is the father of All" -Who is the eternal father of the entire Universe.' the creator. Bhoor-bhuvas-svas-taruh -"One who is snap in the tree-of-life existing in all the universe of the higher world. subjectively represents all our experiences in the walking. these three terms. if the devotees can surrender in unswerving faith and true devotion. Tarrah -"One who helps all to cross -over" -the Eternal Boat-man.
973. Lord issued forth the creation as an act of yajna. in tender devotion and joy. Yajnee -"All that is offered into the scared Fire during a Yajna. though with an invocation to any of the deities. Yajnaantakrit -"One who performs the last. 980. The term Yajna connotes all noble and divine actions of service and love undertaken in a pure sense of God dedication." It is by his grace alone all noble endeavours. the "One receiver of all that is offered." The final item in a yajna is the "total -offerings" (Poorna- . dedicated. Selfless acts of service to others' -Yajnas. undertaken in an honest and true sincerity." The same term also mean One who destroys the yajnas." In all Yajnas. selflessness and joy. and in the end He must also undertake the total dissolution of this very yajna. 975. concluding act in all Yajnas." In Harivamsa we told that 'things' are the very aspects of Lord Sree Narayana." for all deities are but Narayana in different forms. Yajna-bhrit -"the ruler of the Yajnas" -the One who helps us to conclude successfully all our 'good.' 979. Yajvaa -"The one who performs Yajna according to the strict prescriptions laid down in Vedas" -the one who maintains in ll his divine actions the true Yajna spirit. Sometimes this is interpreted as "One who 'performs' the yajnas of the good people and one who 'destroys' the Yajnas of the evil minded folk. Yajna-saadhanah -"One who fulfills all Yajnas." 978." Sloka 105 yajnabhridyajnakridyajnee yajnabhugyajnasaadhah yajnaantakridyajnaguhyamannamannaada eva cha. 976. Yajnee -"One who is constant 'Enjoyer' of the perpetual Yajnas. 977. 974. gain spectacular success. 981. Yajna-vaahanah -"One who fulfils Yajnas in complete and exact accord with the Vedic instructions. Goes to Him alone. Yajnaangah -"One whose limbs are the 'things' employed in Yajna. because every act is Narayana -centered-god-dedicatedto him alone is the attribute of being the only single 'Enjoyer. Yajna-Krit -"One who performs Yajna.
the ego. but the subjective-enjoyer -the individuality. At that time. Sloka 106 aatnayonih svayamjaato vaikhaanah saamagaayanah devakeenandanah srashtaa kshiteesah paapanaasanah. he is the one in whom the world remains absorbed in the pralaya." This is also called in the Vedas as Brahma-Yajna." 982. - . taken the meaning of the Yajnaanta-not as "the last item in yajna" but as 'anta. therefore. is of the form of Poorna-Aahuti -in the sense that when 'total' surrender of all vehicles and their actions is accomplished. selfless acts of love and service. the individuality in each of us who "experiences. Annaadah -"One who eats the 'food. just as our individual world each day gets dissolved in our sleep. Some commentators have. Yajna is never complete. the transcendental experience of the Self.' " not only the objective world is the projection on Narayana. however. 984." The self is the most noble truth to be sought through 'offerings' all the 'Dravya' (objects) into the "consciousness" (Fire) in the "body" (kunda). As a verb it can be used as One who "Eats" the whole universe at the time of the great dissolution. the self. Narayana alone. The self. comes to manifest in all His divine Splendour.' the 'fruit' of the yajna by which they bestow the meaning that Narayana is the "One who gives away the 'fruits' for all Hari-dedicated. 983. functioning through the "equipment" is the jeevaatman. that experiences-is also Narayana. The one in whom alone the world of names and forms can remain in their 'seed-form. yagna-guhyam -"Sree Narayana is the most profound truth to be realised in all yajnas. Annam -"One who has himself become the 'food' " -sense -objects which are the 'food' consumed by the sense -organs.Aahuti) when Sree Narayana is reverently and earnestly invoked. This kind of subjective-Yajna is called in the Geeta as "Knowledge-Yajna. Without this prayer-ritual.' is Sree Narayana." Thus the self is the both 'food' (Annam) and 'eater-of-food' (Annaadah) just as our own wakingmind becomes the "experiencer" and the "experienced" in our dreamworld. Sree Hari.
that all these three causes are He. Himself. 992. as the lord of the universe. earth may stand for all that is gross -the entire maayaa-and Narayana is the Lakshmee-Pati. the "Instrumental cause' (wheel). Her nurtuer and nourisher." Even the Creator can perform his job only by drawing his abilities and capacities from the infinite self. watch and enjoy the pranks and play of her blessed child in Gokula. the terrible and the monstrous who had tried to destroy the spiritual values in the world. has no other 'Instrumental cause' (Nimitta-Kaarana) in projecting Himself. 991." Three cause are necessary in all 'creation' in the pluralistic world: the Material cause' (mud)." And since Devakee could only. Kshiteesah -"One who is the lord of the earth. He is her protector. acts and fulfils his duties. Sree Narayana. and the 'Efficient cause' (the pot maker)." Sree Narayana is the husband of mother Earth. all his existing vaasanaas are destroyed and no new ones are created -this is the very root in the theory of karma Yoga in the Vedas. Srashtaa -"One who creates. Through meditation upon the self. 986. as in the dream.985." 989. see. Svayam-jaatah -"One who. from afar. 990. Vai-Khaanah -"The one who dug through the earth" -cutting through the denseness of the gross to reach. Her. is shown in these term. all sins are dissolved and totally removed. the uncaused cause. Sloka 107 . When the individuals. In sree Narayana's self-projection. saama-gaayanah -"One who signs the Saama-songs. 988. Devakeenandhanah -"He who appeared as born to Devakee in his Incarnation as Krishna. Aatma-yohin -"One who is himself the 'material cause' (Upaadaana Kaarana) for himself." the self born. Paapa-naasanah -meditating upon whom. The self has to reach us to destroy the ego in us and give us the 'liberation' from our evil adherence to the body-mind-intellect. all vaasanaas (sins) are liquidated. Krishna is called as the "Joy of Devakee" (Devakee-nandhana). surrendering in love to Him. 987. apprehend and kill the subtle Hirnyaksha.
" The sastras attribute to this discus-Divine the representation of the human mind. however blasphemous they may be. 996. it should be quite natural. 993. Rathanga-paanih -"The traditional meaning is. Saarnga-dhanvaa -"One who aims his unerring bow called Saarnga. as the 'apex' of all the sense organs. But. Samkha-bhrit -"One who has the divine conch named "Paanchajanya. In this concluding Stanza." The term Su-Darsana means "that gives the auspicious vision.Samkhabhirnnandakee chakree saarngadhanvaa gadaadharah Rathaangapaanirakshobhyah sarvapraharanaayudhah. "One who has the 'wheel of the chariot' as his weapon. Nandakee -The lord's sword is called Nandaka. so it stands for the mind. 995. 999. 998. Chakree -"one who carries the discus called Sudarsana. repetition is no sin. The word Nanda-kam mean "that which brings bliss. 994. In a glorification-Hymn or devotional-Chant. . of course. 997." The Sastras sing that the divine sword in the sacred hands of the lord hari represents the knowledge-Spiritual (Vidyaa-Tattva) with which the seeker can destroy all his "ignorance" of the self in him." The word meaning is this term pancha-janya is "that which is born of the five" (sense organs). Ahankaara-Tattva. Gadda-dharah -"One who holds his divine club (Mace) celebrated as Kaumodakee -which generates and spreads beauty and joy. the instruments of Blessing in sree Narayana's hands are remembered with reverence and devotion. in fact." This bow of Narayana is glorified in our texts as representing the Ego. Therefore. there are others who would like to interpret this term in other ways." This means the discuss which already has been mentioned in this very Stanza as Chakree. the sastras declare that the conch in the divine hand of Sree Narayana is the ego-factor (Ahamkaara-Tattva) in our personality. by any act or acts. Akshobhyah -"One who cannot be exasperated by anyone. Mind being the seat of ego." This Mace is described as representing the intellect in man (BuddhiTattva)." One whose peace and calm cannot be stormed out by any happening in his outer world.this term indicates one who holds and wields the Nandaka sword.
" No enemy can surprise Him. Sarva-praharanaayudhah -"He who has all implements for all kinds of assault and fight. The 'conqueror of all. Sloka 108 Vanamalee gadhee sarnghee Sanghee Chakree ca nandaki | Sreemaan NaarayaNo VishnurVasuDevOabhirakshathu || Sree VasuDeVoabhirakshathu Om Nama: ithi | . 1000. The term suggests Infinite patience.' One who has weapons to meet any missile.Ever-peaceful. love and kindness towards man and his frailties. However powerful.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.