This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Greetings 1. Hello! / Hi! 2. Good morning / afternoon / evening! 3. I'm Kathy King. 4. Are you Peter Smith? 5. Yes, I am. / No, I'm not. 6. How are you? 7. Fine, thanks. And you? 8. I'm fine, too. 9. How is Amy / your wife / your husband? 10. She is very well, thank you. 11. Good night, Jane. 12. Good-bye, Mike. 13. See you tomorrow. 14. See you later. 15. I have to go now. Expression In Class 16. May I come in? 17. Come in, please. 18. Sit down, please. 19. It's time for class. 20. Open your books and turn to page 20. 21. I'll call the roll before class. 22. Here! 23. Has everybody got a sheet? 20 / / · · / /
24. Any different opinion? 25. Are you with me? 26. Have I made myself clear? 27. Could you say it again? 28. Any questions? 29. That's all for today. 30. Please turn in your paper before leaving. Identifying Objects 31. What's this? 32. It's a pen. 33. Is this your handbag? 34. No, it isn't. / Yes, it is. 35. Whose pen is this? 36. It's Kate's. 37. Is that a car? 38. No, it isn't. It's a bus. 39. What do you call this in English? 40. What is the color of your new book? 41. How big is your house? 42. How long is the street? 43. What's the name of the cat? 44. Where's the company? 45. Which is the right size? About Belongings 46. What's this? 47. It's an air-conditioner. 48. Is this yours? 49. Yes, it's mine. /
50. Where are my glasses? 51. Do you know where I've put my glasses? 52. Over there. 53. On the desk. 54. Is this your pen? I found it under the desk. 55. No. Mine is blue. 56. Which is your bag? 57. The bigger one. 58. The one on your right. 59. Are these books all yours? 60. Some of them are mine. Identifying People 61. Who are you? 62. I'm Jim. 63. Who is the guy over there? 64. He's Bob. 65. Is that girl a student? 66. No, she isn't. 67. What do you do? 68. I'm a farmer. 69. What does he do? 70. He's a manager. 71. She must be a model, isn't? 72. I really don't known. 73. I have no idea about it. 74. Can she be a driver? 75. Yes, I think so.
It's December. Nice to meet you. Just call me Tom. What's your family name? 81. What day is it today? 92. Month And Day 91. 89. too. How do you spell it? 83. 90. Who is the lady in white? 84. 80. It's the year of 1999. My family name is Ayneswonth. What's the date today? 94. but at 9 at weekends. My name is Thomas. He's my classmate. What will you do during this weekend? 100. What's your name? 77. 1999. 87. 1999 1999 1 15 99. What will you do the day after on next? 4 . Does the shop open at 9 am on weekdays? 101. 82. May I have your name? 78. What year is this? 98. 8 9 9 102. Could you introduce me to her? 85. Rose. Nice to meet you. 95. 97. 86. What month is this? 96. It's January the 15th. It's Monday today. 93. Let me introduce myself. It opens at 8 am on weekdays.76. How do you do? Year. 88. This is Tom. 79. let me introduce my friend to you.
112. Yes. Any tickets left? 116. It's half past nine. Yes. What a beautiful garden you have! 115.103. He has that book. please give me some. 118. I have some left. 110. 108. What time is it now? 122. he doesn't. Do you have any brothers or sisters? 111. No. 119. My watch says two o'clock. doesn't he? 109. 128. 123. Does your computer have a modem? 113. I have your eraser. It's two o'clock. 5 5 5 . Do you have shampoo here? 114. 117. Talking About Objects 106. Talking About Time 121. Do you have glue? I need some here. 105. I'll work for the next 5 days. 127. 125. I'm a single son. It's ten minutes to four. No. Do you have my pencil? 120. What did you do the week before last? 104. It's been 5 years since I last saw you. It's not four o'clock. too. It's one o'clock sharp. 126. If you have more. I do. It's a quarter past five. 124. Do you have a computer? 107.
147.129. 133. 1976 9 1 About Visits 151. There are only two minutes left. Today is Monday. 144. Today is May 21st. 132. Can you finish your work ahead of time? 134. The meeting is put off. My watch is two minutes fast. Do you have an appointment? 6 . Do you know the exact date? 146. 140. 138. Only three days. What were you doing this time last year? 148. Hello. 145. 150. What time? 143. Green? 152. When were you born? 141. What's the time by your watch? 131. The flight is delayed. We must arrive there on time. I'll be back in 5 days. Please check the date. I'll meet you tomorrow. 135. You name the time. Can I see Mr. 1976. About Dates 136. What's the date today? 139. How long will the sale last? 149. What day is today? 137. 142. 130. I was born on September 1st.
172. Yes. My native language is Chinese. 180. Mr. Your English is very good. 161. Mr. How long have you studied English? 169. Smith is here. 178. 171. Do you still remember that Christmas? About Language 166. Sorry. 162. He has a strong accent. my old friend. Tea. Would you like something to drink? 159. Would you wait here for a minute? 158. He speaks English fluently. How can I improve my spoken English? 7 s th . 3 155. 175. 174. 157. Can you write in English? 179. You may go in now. 177. Are you a native speaker of English? 173. 170.153. Green can't see you now. 176. Nice to see you. I have some difficulty in expressing myself. You've changed little. I'm always confused with "s" and "th". Your pronunciation is excellent. please. I don't. a little. Mr. You speak English pretty well. 163. 168. Sorry. He speaks with London accent. Green. 160. 165. 154. He's on the phone. Yes. Do you speak English? 167. 156. How have you been these years? 164. At 3 pm.
200. I'm two years younger than my sister. 201. Most of them are less than 30. Are you watching TV now? 185. I'll go to a concert. I started school at the age of 6. Who are you writing to? 190. 205. What are you doing? 182. 184. What will you do this weekend? 192. Do you like traveling? 195. 187. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 204. I came here when I was 20. I'm twenty-two (years old). 198. He looks much younger than he is. 193. 202. 207. 191. I'm listening to the radio. 186. How old are you? 197. 189. I'll go on an outing with some friends. 199. I'm reading a book. Where are you going? 188. 183. 206. Mr. I'm cooking. 203. No. Yes. Smith is still in his forties. 30 8 5 30 . I'm writing to an old friend. I like it a great deal/it very much. I guess he's about 30. 194. My father is over 60 years old. Yes. He's the youngest in the family.Talking About Activities 181. About Age 196. I'm watching Channel 5. I'm going to work.
231. I like listening to pop music. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg? 217. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 221. I start work at 8 o'clock. 228. When did you get up yesterday morning? 227. 210. She's going to be 15 next month. I had my breakfast on the way. At about seven. 15 209. What time do you finish your work? 222. I hurried to my office. I like playing football. Talking About Yesterday 226. 233. What do you do in your spare time? 224. I woke up seven and got up right away. 219. 215. 230. What did you have for lunch? 216. 229. 213. Talking About Daily Activities 211.208. 225. I usually get up at 8 o'clock. 9 8 . Where do you have your lunch? 214. I answer telephones and do some typing. When do you get up everyday? 212. but I didn't get up until 9. He's still a boy after all. What do you do at work? 220. 6 223. 232. At 6 o'clock sharp. I was just on time. They'll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary. I heard the clock. I was 10 minutes late. What time do you start work? 218.
how nice. Sorry. Talking With Friends 241. 6 238. Ann. I've got to go now. But you sound so sad. 251. I read a magazine in bed. So do I. It's been a whole year since I last saw you. I didn't sleep well. I heard she got married last week. but you look as pretty now. I had lunch with a friend of mine. That's all right. 244. Joe. Talking About The Past 256. 258. 239. 249. 240. Hi. 250. I stayed and did some extra work. We have known each other for 6 years. I'm sorry to hear that. How have you been these days? 246. I lost my pet cat yesterday.234. 10 . See you later. The TV programs were really boring. Oh. Hi. Oh. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 245. 237. Have you seen Kate lately? 252. 236. Yes. I have no contact with her. No. Nice to see you again. Yes. I finished my work at 6 p. 257. Oh. so I went to bed very early. 243. I slept soundly all night. is it really you? 242. 235. 253. thank you. 255. as you did then.m. He used to live in my neighborhood. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 259. Not too bad. 248. Keep in touch. 247. 254.
I live at 203 Curzon Street. Jack. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. They had excepted me to go with them. 267. Hi. Have you seen Mr. 284. 282. 270. the train had already left. 277. Smith recently? 262. 268. That was the third time that I had visited the place. I'm sure we'll have a good time. 279. Great. How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 278. Oh. Yes. I'll move to Hollywood next month. 261. and you may stay there longer. 275. 264.260. 285. They've been working on this project since last year. The movie began as soon as we got there. Asking About The Address 271. Curzon Street? Isn't Mary living there? 274. I hope so. After I had finished my paper. really? I'm moving there too. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans. 273. 265. How long have you stayed there? 276. She's been living there since her birth. No. I've been watching TV all night. 203 11 . Just a few months. When I arrived at the station. 263. Then we can drink beer together. Yes. 281. she lives just across the street. where do you live now? 272. Will you stay there for long? 280. I put it in the drawer. 266. It has been a long time since last came here. 283. 269.
307. What's the shape of your balloon? 309. How did you doing spend your holiday? 295. Who will accompany you to the airport? 292. I was about to leave.Asking Questions 286. How are you doing these days? 296. My grandma is 40 years older than me. 300. 308. Who told you? 291. What were you doing when I called? 299. What's the height of the building? 302. Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 288. Why not go out for a walk? 294. How wide is this bridge? 12 40 . When will he come to see you? 289. What did he say in the letter? 297. How much does the elephant weight? 303. Why don't you agree? 293. Can you guess what I was doing this morning? Measuring And Comparing 301. Where are you going? 287. What's the size of your shoes? 305. What's the color of your new dress? 304. What are you going to do with the books? 298. 306. When did you buy the car? 290. My brother is twice as tall as your sister. This river is one third as long as that river.
Could you tell me where I can find these books? 325. Could you do me a favor? 320. Witch pleasure. I'm engaged now. but I'm afraid I don't have the time. I'm sorry. Make me a cup of coffee. 329. Could you tell me where the post office is? 332. I'm glad to. It's just around the corner. 314. Kate is smarter than I. How thick is the ice here? 311. He can run as fast as Jim. Certainly. 322. Would you mind closing the window for me? 330. 313. Not at all. please. Call me tomorrow if you have time. will you? 323. How often do you go swimming? Asking For Help 316. Get me my coat. You can take the bus and get off at the second stop. This metal is harder than that one. Excuse me. May I ask you a question? 318. 324. Please give me a hand. How long do you watch TV every day? 315. madam. 319.310. 312. Asking Directions 331. Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 321. 328. 333. 327. Would you please open the door for me? 317. how can I get to the bus station? 334. Excuse me. 326. 13 .
337. 356. 353. My aunt will come to live with me for some days. Excuse me. His wife died a year ago. 351. They've been divorced. 358. How is your family? 350. 348. it's broken. Now he lives alone. 1954 / 201 14 . Thank you for directions. You can't miss it. Hu's restaurant? 338. 343.5 Street? 336. don't you? 349. John has his own family now. 354.335. Jame's office? 340. Are you married? 347. About Marriage 346. We've been married for 2 years. 355. Where are the stairs? 344. She's engaged/married to John. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing. Mary gave birth to a baby last week. Where is No. 100 339. Excuse me. 357. It's Room 201 on the second floor. 345. My parents got married in 1954. Sorry. You have a younger brother. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. You have to use the stairs. Which one is Mr. Can I use the lift? 342. 341. It's on your left side. How long have you been married? 352. Go on for about 100 meters. I'm single. Go along the corridor and it's on your right side.
After all. She told me she wanted to start a company. 372. 363. Yes. 366. Talking About Neighbors And Friends 361. 380. 375. Oh. What time are you going to leave for the airport tomorrow? 377. They're going to discuss it at the meeting next Friday. But she doesn't have much experience. I'm going to the bookstore. you're right. She sent me a Christmas card last year. we should try to contact more. You two don't have much contact 371. No. 364. I only wrote her one letter this year.359. aren't they? 368. And she? 373. 367. No. Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend. What is she doing now? 365. Planning The Future 376. Do you know Mary? 362. Yes. Is he coming to dinner? 378. that's not good. I live in my own house. 374. People are always changing. Sure. 15 . We are friends since primary school. Do you live with your parents? 360. 370. Start a company? But I thought she would be a scholar. I'll be waiting for you at the restaurant this time tomorrow. 369. Will you go with me? 379. she is smart enough to go into business.
But last year we had a big one. I hope the weather there is cold enough. We'll have fine weather for the next few days? 394. it's already November. 396. 398. what does it say? 393. but you know global warming may raise the temperature. 400. What will you do about it? 389.381. It is said it will clear up tonight. 405. 387. No. And it may get colder. 402. What will it be after the clear weather? 397. 386. aren't you? 388. How will you spend the evening? 383. 399. There's going to be a pottery exhibition at the art gallery. I'm afraid it won't be cold enough for a snowfall. 401. Have you heard the weather forecast? 392. You are still thinking about a Ph. I'm thinking about a visit to Paris. What's your plan for the summer holiday? 385. 382. You are probably right. I'll probably stay home and watch TV. 384. Yes. 16 . 404. It says a storm may come next month. What do you want to do after graduation? 390. Yes. I'll further my study. Talking About The Weather 391. I'm going skating in the Alps next month. I'll call you.D. But it's still raining today! 395. and I hope we can have some snow this winter. 403.. After I get home.
I'm sick. I wake my sister up. Take two pills and have a good rest. I dress my sister and wash her hands and face. 17 . How are you feeling today? 407. You'd better see a doctor about that cut. I get to my office at 10:30. 423. I've got a pain in my back. brush my teeth. 411. I shave. 422. I get up at 8 every morning. 415. and comb my hair. I don't feel very well. 427. I put on a bit of makeup. 408. I go downstairs and have my breakfast. What's the matter with you? 414.About Sickness 406. Call the doctor! 419. 418. 413. 8 430. 429. 425. I cooked breakfast for the family. 412. I hope you'll be well soon. 424. My fever is gone. 410. It hurts right here. He's got a bad headache. I then take a bath in the bathroom. Talking About Habits 421. 428. 420. I read the newspaper over breakfast. Do you fell better now? 409. It really hurts. It's bleeding. Much better. 416. 417. 426.
450. Do you have any idea? 445. 448. 18 . Absolutely right. He was absent yesterday.431. 454. 455. I'll go skiing of the weather permits. I plan to go to the concert. 435. Will it rain tomorrow? 447. Do you really want to know what I think? 449. What do you plan to do this Friday? 452. What are you doing next week? 453. 434. 433. Making Plans 451. 446. Asking For Other's Opinions 436. What do you think about it? 437. I leave the office at 7. Is that right? 438. 440. No. 439. I suppose he was sick. I pick up my sister from her school. Do you know why? 444. 443. Please give me your advice. 442. I buy some food on my way home. I don't think so. We go to bed at 10:30. I'm thinking of going to my grandma's. I think you're mistaken about that. Is that ok? 441. That's excellent. I want to hear your opinion. That's ok/fine.
You have the final say. I'm always making resolutions. I'll take French and Economics. 450. Good luck! About Decisions 466. like giving up smoking. I'm taking Chinese and History. I'm considering buying a house. 477. 470. He's made up his mind to quit his job. It's still undecided. 465. 472. Jack. It's really hard to make a decision. 479. 459. 460. 476. Give me a definite answer. 475. Don't shilly-shally. 468. Lucy.456. It's up to you. She insists that it doesn't matter. 474. Hi. Have you decided? 473. 463. I've decided not to sell the house. please. 469. Do you plan to do some odd jobs? 464. I suppose I can finish the project next year. 467. It's up to you. I've changed my mind. I'm applying to work at the library. Hi. Traveling 481. Don't hesitate any more. Yes. I have no idea. Do you like traveling? 19 . I haven't decided yet. 457. No. 458. what lessons will you take this semester? 461. 471. 462. 478. I'm determined to leave.
Yes. This is too small for me. About Shopping 496. I only had time to visit Edinburgh. 494. would you tell me where I can get some butter? 500. 493. 495. 491. Here's your change. 507. Do you have a bigger one? 503. 499. I'll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store.482. May I try it on? 502. I got there by plane. I went there on business. 20 . What's your size? 505. 489. How did you like it? 488. Yes. Where did you visit? 486. It's too expensive for me. Why did you go there? 490. And do you have friends there? 492. Excuse me. a lot of friends. Do you have any more colors? 504. 483. I'll take it. Can you came down a bit? 508. I've just come back from Scotland. 498. 487. 485. and I took many pictures. You must have enjoyed yourself. It's fantastic. 506. Please let me see them. Yes. How did you get there? 484. May I have a look at the watch? 501. It suits you to a T. Will you go shopping with me? 497.
How much do I owe you? In The Restaurant 511. With pleasure. I want an apple. Sorry. 514. 531. A small glass of whisky. 534. 524. About Evening Entertainment 526. Do you know what's on tonight? 529. 522. Here is your change. 527. 525. What's on Channel 8 now? 8 21 . Are you ready to order? 513. Sorry. 518. please. Here you are. I'll have some ice cream. I'm free tonight. Can I pay by check or credit card? 523. Yes. What about another dance? 533. Bring me the bill please. 516. 521. Shall we go to the cinema? 528. I'd like some steak and bread. What would you like for dessert? 515. You're a good dancer. Here is your food. Do you want some fruit? 517. 520. I'm engaged. please.509. 532. Anything to drink? 519. What would you like to eat? 512. How much is it? 510. we only take cash. May I ask you for a dance? 530.
550. 30 549. You can reach me at 6609823. 6609823 Seeing A Doctor 556. I can come any time except Sunday. How long have you had it? 558. He phoned to cancel the meeting. I want to see the weather. 554. Please call me before you come. 548. 555. 553. 545. Appointments 541. Please make an appointment with my secretary. From 4 to 4:30. 543. Green. At what time? 546. I don't want to see any more of this TV show. What's your trouble? 557. I don't know. 537. I have to change my appointment from Monday to Thursday. 22 . 551. All right. 539. I have an interview this afternoon. 542. Let's see what else is on.535. I should say you've caught a cold. Did you see the special last night? 538. 536. can I see her before Friday? 544. You may look in the TV Guide. 552. Can we change the channel? 540. 547. Sorry. 559. So you'll come then. Please phone in if you can't make it. You need an injection. She has 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon. She's free on Friday and Saturday. I'd like to make an appointment with Mrs. Let me see.
Yes. Have you seen the doctor? 563. I must have dialed a wrong number. Is it serious? 561. 585. 570. 581. Would you call back tomorrow? 584. The doctor says that I should take quinine. I had a shot of penicillin. Would you tell Mr. You have to be operated on. There's something wrong with the phone. 23 . 569. Green that I called? 580. 565. What did the doctor say? 564. Hello. 582. Jack is up and about now. 576. Do I need to be hospitalized? 562. I want to make a long distance call. 568. Green? 572. 574. May I speak to Mr. please. This is Mary Speaking. 566. 579. 578. I have to hang up now. 573. X Making A Phonecall 571. I tried to call you. I couldn't get through. What sort of medicine do you take? 567. The doctor says that I should not eat anything oily. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure. 583. Just a moment.560. May I take a message for him? 575. He's not in. Would you answer the phone please? 577. Hold on. but the line was busy.
The dinner was wonderful. 603. I haven't heard from him for a long time. 605. Email 593. Do you want to airmail it or not? 600. I am on top of the world. 590. I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office. 598. 594. My mother has sent me a registered letter. You've got an express mail. We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left China. 596. I find my name on the blackboard. I put some photographs in the envelope. 588. He hasn't answered my letter yet. you can send a fax. My mother mailed me a parcel. I guess she has something important to tell me. To make it fast. 24 . Send a postcard to me when you arrive in Shanghai. You look radiant tonight. 589. 602. 597. Don't forget to put stamps on your letter. I have received a letter from my cousin. I must have got a remittance. 599. 604. Talking About Feelings 601. 591. How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Beijing? 595. 592.About Mail 586. The Christmas tree is gorgeous. 587. It was a terrible experience.
I have a dog. Looking For A House 616. 622. 626. There is a shower in the bathroom. 614. 624. 25 . There's no gas range in the kitchen. How much is the rent for a month? 625. The coat doesn't suit you. This is a rather old house. It needs painting. We enjoyed ourselves very much. The party is making too much noise. The houses downtown are very expensive.606. 627. It has central heating. That house is for sale. What a boring movie it is! 607. I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen. but you can use the electric stove. The landlady is very kind to me. 620. How fragrant the flowers are! 609. We had a good time. 613. 618. I am bored to death. 629. 623. 615. His flattery makes me sick. 628. 612. 611. 619. but it's very quiet. 610. What kind of furniture do you like? 621. 617. This house is for rent. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set. It's really a bargain. I feel at home living here. How can he give us such a tedious lecture! 608. I want to rent a furnished house. You look elegant in that dress.
The blouse no longer fits me. You've got the point. 649. Don't you think it's too formal? 634. I don't like wearing the uniform. That's the point. It doesn't fit. 639. 647. The whole class is in a heated discussion. Let's just run through the arguments for and against. Please sum up what you said just now. 648. 638. Expressing Different Opinions 646. 650. You can put your baggage in it. 644. Talking About Dressing 631. 633. You'd better put on your jacket. 636. 642. Has anybody else anything to say on this? 26 . 640. Your shoe lace is loose. He is a very creative student. I cannot agree with you on this point. Take off your hat. It's cold outside. Do you want to change before the banquet? 643. Why? What will you wear? 635. 641. 645. 652. 654. You should have your suit cleaned and ironed. My son has outgrown these trousers. 637. You forgot to fasten the collar buttons. 651. Just my shirt and jeans.630. What will you wear for the party? 632. The room has a big closet. What you have said about this is very interesting. 653. I'll wear my blue dress. The shoes are worn-out.
You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time. 664. 665. 668. I'll leave for London if I finish my work today. he'll cry for a day. She will go into business when she likes to. He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing. Finally.655. 659. 663. 666. 669. it depends. 671. 673. 670. 658. When she leaves. I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home. I plan to learn photography. I'm thinking of quitting the job. we'll let him know. What do you say we have a party this weekend? 674. There are always two sides to everything. we'll have a picnic. 660. I don't think it's necessary for us to discuss this question any further. He will probably follow in his father's footsteps. 672. 662. Does anybody share David's opinion? 656. I want to be a journalist after graduation. 667. 675. About Things In The future 661. we came to an agreement. Is there any evidence to support what you have said? 657. Things That Might Have Happened 676. As soon as he comes. If it doesn't rain tomorrow. Well. She will certainly remain single. 677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time? 27 . I hope he will meet me at the airport.
but I didn't have enough courage. Which do you prefer. Neither. we would have gone to the park. 680. What do you like best. or bananas? 697. fishing or mountain-climbing? 695. 690. I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so easily. 683. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that. Football is my favorite. If it had been fine. · 28 . Had I taken a taxi. Talking About Likes And Dislikes 691. I wish you hadn't cheated me. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year. apples. If I had got enough money yesterday. I would have bought that tape. He's crazy about Michael Jordan. You should have studied much harder.678. 682. I wish I had told him the truth. 693. Even if you had given him much more money. Looking back on it. he might not have paid off the debt. I wouldn't have been late. 685. 696. 686. Would he have seen you if you hadn't waved to him? 688. you won't pass it. 681. 679. 694. What's your favorite sport? 692. pears. 687. I like football best. 689. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday? 684. Even if you take the exam again.
710. 703. I am old enough to make up my own mind. 701. your new coat is not worth so much money. 707. you don't have to take it. 714. 709. 718. That's rather disappointing. Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself. I generally agree with you. You are wasting your time in persuading him. She hates boxing. I suppose. 704. What about your opinion? 720. If you really want my advice I don't think you should quit school. Would you mind not spitting everywhere? 713. It might be. 715. 29 . Putting Forward Your Own Opinions 706. 699. She has good taste in clothes. 717. I would rather sleep than watch this movie. I prefer tea to coffee. In my opinion. but not quite right. 719. 716. 708. Your work seems not satisfactory. 700. I like collecting stamps. It's only a suggestion. What do you like to do in your spare time? 702. He does not pay attention to anybody. That's just what I was looking for. 712. Good try. What do you dislike most about this movie? 705. 711. She is sick of watching boxing. You should take the advice of your teacher.698.
Excuse me. With pleasure. I really appreciate your help. You don't have to pay any duty on personal belongings. No problem. I have so many things to do before I leave. 743. 730. 727. I hope that will not cause you too much trouble. Shall we ask Betty to join us? 744. 738. I have to drop by the bank to get some money. 742. Make it an hour and a half. 739. How much? 729. Can you tell me the phone number of the inquiry office? 30 . Would you be so kind as to lend me some money? 728. Traveler's check's are very convenient for long-distance travel. 733. 737. You have to apply for a passport in advance. I put myself entirely in your hands. I hope I'm not bothering you. Would you open the door for me. 731. 745. would you give me a hand? 734. We have to get more food. 725. I wondered if you could buy me some pencils? 726. 732.Asking For Help 721. 741. Not at all. Sure. Do you have anything to declare? 740. 723. I don't want to put you to any trouble. I'd be glad to help. Would you mind mailing this letter for me? Getting Ready For A Journey 736. 735. Would you mind opening the window? 724. please? 722.
000 square kilometers. What's the capital of your country? 758. 760. Have you reserved your ticket? 749. 748. Are you a native Chinese? 755. 31 . 759. 50 763. My country is rich in natural resources. Countries And Nationalities 751.A. Do you like to take a local train or an express? 747. 765. 762. What's your motherland? 754. How many provinces do you have? 757. I would never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it. I was born in China and brought up in the U. I have bought a ticket for a sleeper.746. That nation is famous for its tourism. The capital of my country id Beijing. Where are you from? 752. We have 50 provinces. I will see you off at the railway station. 764. My country has an area of 500. I come from Japan. What's the population of China? 756. What's your nationality? 753. 750.S. 761. The biggest festival in my country is the Spring Festival.
768. 771. there are many crags.Geography And Land Features 766. Do you get much rain in summer? 779. The land in this region is rather dry and parched. This country is famous for its beautiful lakes. 777. Geographically. 32 . Along the northern coast of this continent. 767. It's cold and foggy in London at this time of the year. 769. 773. Children enter primary school at the age of 7. 7 784. What kind of climate do you have in this country? 776. many ancient forests are very well preserves. In Brazil. 770. China is located in the Northern Hemisphere. Which one is the longest river in China? 778. Lumbering is very important in some underdeveloped countries. He majored in Computers. Is the plain along the river good for farming? 780. There is fierce competition in the college Entrance Examination. ` School And Education 781. the weather is usually very awful. 774. It is a very beautiful country with many mountains. The scenery is very beautiful in the small islands in the Pacific Oceans. 782. there are many high peeks and deep canyons. 783. In the west of America. 772. Every one must receive 9 years of compulsory education. Some students quit school due to poverty. In this country. 775. 785.
33 . 795. There are many training classed and night classes. but I wouldn't take it as my career. 787. 788. She is working for her double major in English and Economics. 800. 806. Mike is already a junior. In Britain. 798.786. Mr. 791. there are open universities. I graduated from Yale University 5 years ago. What does your father do? 797. 803. 808. 793. About Jobs 796. Green is a member of the faculty. The statesman retired as the mayor of New York. Peter is writing his thesis. As a senior. Do you have any plan for your career? 799. My cousin has just been promoted to the rank of major. 804. 805. It is desirable to apply to good schools. He is a doctor. 801. 789. 807. Mary is in her freshman year. 802. 809. I hope that I can get a decent job with a good salary. Lily is a Sophomore now. He made a successful career in business. Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging away at school. I have an interview next week. 794. He's a very efficient young man though a little proud. I worked as an intern in that firm last summer. 790. I like writing. He has his own practice. 792. I want to be a pilot of possible. He is a manager of a famous corporation.
822. 813. The information industry helps boost the global economy. He has bought 10 tractors for the village. The meat packing industry is developing fast. This area is noted for its rich soil.810. In the flat country. 817. State-owned enterprises are getting out of difficulty. The computer industry is booming. Lots of people like stamp collecting. What do you do in your spare time? 830. Farms And Factories 811. The place is too stony for farming. 823. At this time of the year farmers begin to plow their fields. He was appointed president of the committee recently. 825. Do you have any hobbies? 827. 34 . people grow wheat and raise cattle. Pile the hay in the corner. What's the typical farm product in this region? 10 816. 814. What are you interested in? 828. 812. How do you spend your evenings? 831. 819. How many workshops are there in your factory? 824. Have you milked the cows? 818. 821. What are your interests? 829. 815. About Hobbies 826. What's the average yearly output of cars in your factory? 820. Car manufacturers are having a bad time.
Photography is an expensive hobby. 847. 837. 845. Our team beat their team yesterday. Recreational Activities 841. I like football. He's good at lifting weights. What's your favorite sport? 842. 838. What's so interesting about football? We girls don't like it. 839. My favorite winter sport is skiing. 843. He plays violin just for enjoyment. 846. She is a member of the ski club. I'm a catcher. 849. 851. The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser. She has a particular interest in painting. 854. · 836. How many years have you been playing pingpong? 848. I subscribed to a lot of periodicals last year. The basketball championship is exciting.832. 855. 840. I am a Michael Jordan fan. 35 . 833. Does his film appeal to you? 834. My class went camping last summer. 852. I prefer fishing to swimming. I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel. Do you go on picnics? 835. I particularly like English literature. What position do you play? 844. I was on the track team 10 years ago. 850. We are sure to defeat them. About Newspapers And Magazines 856. 853.
878. Can this radio receive short-wave? 879. There's TV coverage of the NBA tournament. There was much news in the morning paper today. 860. you will have better reception. You'll be on air in two minutes. 876. 858. 873. Newspapers and periodicals keep me updated on current affairs. If you install an outside antenna. Which do you like better. 875. Fashion is a very popular magazine in America. 868. They are excellent.857. Turn up your radio please. Have you read the article about the rescue of the hostage? 869. Why don't you put an advertisement in the paper to sell that old car? 867. What channel are you watching now? 872. What kind of newspapers do you read? 859. My friend Tom is a reporter for the New York Times. We can't get good pictures on our TV set. 864. Channel 5 is off the air now. the news or the editorial? 862. I recommend to you Time and Newsweek. 865. Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon. Do you read advertisements too? 863. I once took a part-time job delivering the Evening Post. What's the circulation of this magazine? 866. NBA 36 . Do you have a TV guide? 874. 870. 877. What column do you like best? 861. Radio And TV 871.
Do you often go to a concert? 888. I have never heard the piece before. I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts. 889. How much do you know about the works of George Eliot? · 37 . We're broadcasting from London. I hate Jazz. I like Shakespeare better than Milton. There's too much static. 884. who wrote it? 891. I never grow tired of novels though I read them everyday. On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library. 883. What do think about this poem? 899. 37. 893. He has a passion for literature. You can receive our program at short wave 37. 898. Do you like pop music? 890. 882. Turn down the radio please. About Music And Literature 886. 896. What's your favorite music? 887. 895. Please tune in next time.5 885. I am most attracted by Dickens. We'll have a soap opera series on TV this week. 897. 894. I've never read a more stirring story. It's too noisy.5 MH. 900. 881.880. What do you think of their skill? 892.