Different Types of Fishing Rods
Fishing rods are one of the most important accessories without which there's no point in going for fishing. Different types of fishing rods are available for different types of fishing. Check out the main 9 types of fishing rods that are used often: 1.Spinning Rods: These are the most common types of fishing rods that are easily available in the market. They are used for both heavyweight and lightweight fishing and are commonly used for catching walleye, bass and trout. Spinning rods are strong and durable enough to withstand the pressure or stress exerted by the fish on the rod. Designed as an eggbeater reel they are useful for retrieving and casting baits and lures. The usual length of a spin rod is between 1.6m to 2.5m. 2.Jigging Rods: These types of rods are generally seen on commercial boats as they can easily handle large baits and heavy lures. They are made of very strong and solid material as they need to tackle the changing currents of the ocean. 3.Surf Rods: Considered to be the longest among fishing rods, they are heavier than others. Surf rods are useful for catching big fishes. Their length usually vary between 3m to 4.2m. 4.Carbon Fiber Rods: These are hi-tech rods that are mainly used for coarse fishing. A variety of carbon fibers are used to manufacture them. Positioning of the bait in this type of fishing rod helps to catch big fishes. 5.Fly Rods: Fly fishing rods are generally used for catching fresh water fishes like halibut, salmon and trout. They are mostly built of carbon graphite. The three different types of fly fishing rods include: 1.Bamboo Fly Fishing Rod: This common fishing rod is preferred by most of the people who go fishing, as it is quite durable and suitable for most kinds of fishing situations. These type of fishing rods are very flexible and lightweight. 2.Graphite Fly Fishing Rods: These type of fly fishing rods are little stiff yet strong and effective. Many fishermen prefer using this due to their strength and performance. These fishing rods are available in various designs and patterns. 3.Fiberglass Fly Fishing Rod: Most of the fishing rods these days are being made of fiberglass. It is little heavier than the other two, which makes it unpopular among some fishermen. 6.Tenkara Rods: They are a combination of other rods, having all the facilities of carbon rods, fly rods, and telescopic rods. The length of these rods range from 11 to 13 feet. They are also very light, portable and easily available at almost every fishing tackle shop.
Boat rods are heavier and shorter than other rods and are mainly used in saltwater fishing. Most of them are made of granite and sometimes fiberglass.Game Fishing Rods: Game fishing rods are mainly used in deeper saltwater for game fishing. ice fishing rods.
.Trout Fishing Rods: The length of a trout fishing rod ranges from 7 to 10 feet.Boat Rods: They are considered to be a subclass of spin rods. bass fishing rods. They are designed in such a way that they can catch large fishes like pelagic fish. In place of regular line guides. sea fishing rods. 8. they have roller guides. and ultra light fishing rods.7. These rods are lighter than bass fishing rods. 9. They are quite thick and dont bend easily. Other types of fishing rods include crappie fishing rods.
Yes. There are almost as many types of fishing rods are there are types of game fish.. Trout fishing rod .Trout fishing rods do not generally need to be as flexible as bass fishing rods. but these are in a whole different category than "regular" fishing rods. Trout poles usually run anywhere from seven feet to ten feet. and explanations as to why they work well for the type of game fish that they were made for. it can take more extreme bending. Crappie fishing usually involves "jigging". and streams will attest to the fact that trout fishing is a wonderful way to spend the day. The type of fishing rod that is good for bass fishing is one that can take a lot of punishment. and bend your fishing pole every which way. and if your fishing rod isn't light. and before you pull one into your boat or on shore.Other Fishing Rod Types
Make the statement "all fishing rods are the same" and you are bound to get some laughter and more than a few lectures from experienced fishermen.The lengths of crappie fishing rods vary according to individual preference.some as big as salmon .
. it's going to tire your arm and wrist out rather quickly. although graphite is not as flexible as fiberglass.. Bass fishing rod . Crappies are fairly small fish. it is going to take your line for a ride. so of course bass fishing rods will come in different sizes. but one thing about crappie fishing rods that needs to remain constant is that they must be light. Crappie fishing rods . so a light fishing rod and light line are fine to use. with a nine foot pole being a good size for going from stream fishing on the shore to lake fishing in a boat. there are some big trout out there . comfort should be the main concern when it comes to a crappie fishing rod. with trout it is flexible enough. though not as strong as graphite. there are also fly fishing rods for trout. Trout fishing rods can be made from graphite.the number of fishermen each year that go trout fishing in lake. Below is a list of some of the different types of fishing rods. and fierce fighters. and the lucky fisherman who can land the biggest bass in one of these tournaments gets to take home not only a prize. with a little less fight in them. Due to the type of fishing it is.The bass. but they all need to be strong and extremely flexible. This doesn't mean that trout aren't fun to catch. is one of the most popular game fish. or snapping the rod up and down continually to lure the fish toward the bait. Bass come in varying sizes. Bass tournaments are held in lakes and rivers each year. Bass fishing rods tend to be made from fiberglass more than anything else. Landing a bass can take some time. both the freshwater and saltwater variety. rivers.but generally they tend to be lighter than bass. but a great story as well. There is simply no way that you could have a "one-size-fits-all" fishing rod. One of the reasons that bass are so popular with fishermen is that they can be crafty opponents. Of course.
Hip boots allow you to comfortably wade in water that is around two feet deep. people wear clothes to protect themselves from the sun. depending on the features and what material they are made of. Hiking.
. or if you accidentally fall on the water. Like in any other leisure activity. just in case your clothes get all sweaty when the weather becomes too warm. you may read this section for further information.rain or shine. and practically every man's Outdoor Activity entails a particular kind of clothes.Chest Waders Before you go fishing into deep parts of the water. Fishing Apparel .Rain Gear You might never know when it will rain. Read here for more information on Fishing Hats. As an additional safety precaution. Having the Proper Fishing Attire will make you protected and at the same time comfortable while waiting for the fish to hit your Fishing Bait or Fishing Lure.Fishing Hats Fishing Hats are used to protect your face from sun's rays and cold breeze. Preparation is all it takes for you to have a wonderful time fishing. but will also make you safe and comfortable while fishing. it is essential to protect yourself from too much sunlight and rain in order to really enjoy Fishing.Fishing Apparel
Clothing is one of the basic needs of man in order to survive. What you need are clothes that not only will give you protection. The Purposes of Outdoor Clothing are very much the same as those of man's everyday wear. Primarily. you need to use Chest Waders. so bringing a rain gear is important if it rains while you are Fishing. Make sure that you wear the appropriate clothing. Click here. you got soaked up because of rain showers. the rain. or in any Outdoor Activity so you need all the protection you can get. Read here for more information on Hip Boots. bring extra clothing when you go Fishing. you are more prone to extreme conditions when you go Fishing. Waders can also provide comfort. Fishing Apparel . If you don't know anything about Chest Waders. It is advisable that you have Hip boots. and Rain Gear. a Fishing Hat. Bring a Hat with you when you go Fishing. Chest waders. However. and other harmful influences. Fishing Hats come in various types. Take a look at the sections below and learn the basic essentials of Fishing Apparel: Fishing Apparel .Hip Boots Hip Boots are used so that the angler will be able to walk on water. Fishing Apparel . Hip boots are also designed to protect the fisherman from water. Rain Gear is important to keep you dry when it rains.
Considered a part of terminal tackle.
Fish Hook Sizes
2. while some anglers replace the hooks on their lures with a single hook.
3. Now made of various forms of steel. Fishing hooks come in a wide range of sizes. numbers denote hook sizes. the shanks may or may not be connected. The eye of a fishing hook is located at the top and is the where the fishing line attaches to the hook.
The Parts of Fishing Hooks
1.Types of Fishing Hooks
Hooks are one of the most important tools that fishermen have in their arsenal. while others are large enough and strong enough to catch the largest fish. while the largest is a 19/0 (19 aught). especially if they want their lure to hook fewer weeds. The barb is designed to make it difficult for a hooked fish to free itself from the hook. Some are designed to catch small.
4. the smaller the hook. The three primary types of hooks are single hooks. fishing hooks over the years have been made of everything from wood to human and animal bone. One of the most popular baits used in fishing. double hooks and treble hooks. the larger the hook. like soft-plastic frogs
. hooks are used for live bait and plastic baits and come standard on the fishing lures that anglers buy in the store. In most cases. Single hooks are the most common type of hook that anglers use. which is everything between the eye and the point of hook. the smaller the number. includes a single hook. Many hooks also have a barb that extends just below the point. While a single piece of steel or other material forms the entire hook. When hook size is between 1/0 and 19/0. freshwater fish. Some artificial lures. Some artificial lures such as spinnerbaits and buzzbaits come standard with a single hook. Connected to the eye are two shanks and two hooks. the smaller the number. Some shanks are straight and others are curved or offset. Double hooks that have connected shanks tend to be stronger. The largest part of any hook is called the shank. a leadhead jig. The smallest is a size 32. Some of the most common ways anglers use single hooks are to present live bait beneath a bobber as part of a live-bait rig or to present an artificial bait such as a plastic worm. They can be used to present live bait. Single hooks have a single eye and a single point. When the hook size is between 1 and 32. There is a single eye at the top of double hooks. artificial bait or flies for fly fishing.
. Salmon anglers also use treble hooks to present spawn bags. Like the other kinds of hooks.
5. Many artificial baits come standard with treble hooks. However. and they are commonly used on flies that anglers use to target Atlantic salmon. treble hooks are known as "stinger hooks" that are meant to help anglers catch short-striking fish. anglers use treble hooks to snag fish. In that instance. double hooks are the least common of the three main types of hooks. treble hooks also have a single eye. where the practice is legal.used in bass fishing. and. use double hooks. including crankbaits and topwater poppers. for example. Some anglers also attach treble hooks below their jig. But treble hooks have three shanks and three hooks points that are spaced evenly apart.
the portion of the hook that extends down from the eye to where the hook begins to bend into a point. Treble hooks typically are part of an artificial lure. The treble hook is a combination of three hooks that share one eye. To the uninitiated individual. On the other end is the sharpened point that lodges in the jaw of the fish after it grabs the bait.
Offset Worm Hook
3. with certain types having specific features that allow an angler to employ them for different methods and/or different species of fish. there is an eye into which the fisherman threads the line and secures the hook to the fishing pole. The offset worm hook is a popular type of fishing hook for anglers who like to present plastic lures such as worms. Their shanks.Different Types of Fishing Hooks
1. lizards and crayfish to game fish. offsetting the shank from the eye. Offset worm hooks have two 90-degree bends close to the eye. Treble hooks typically attach to artificial lures. Anglers will position a plastic lure on the hook. sliding it up past the bend where the offset portion will hold it and prevent it from slipping down. fishing hooks come in multiple designs. followed by another immediate downward bend. The treble hook increases the odds of hooking a fish that attacks the lure as the angler reels it through the water. join. However. On one end. most fishing hooks look the same.
2. These fused shanks give the angler three hooks that stem from one main shank. By turning the hook’s point and jamming it
. attached via a split ring. The hook features a 90-degree bend close to its eye.
Fish that strike such a presentation compress the light wire loop. This keeps live bait on the hook when the angler casts it out into the water. Once the loop is over the point.
Bait Holder Hook
4. This hook comes in various sizes and looks like an ordinary hook. Anglers will slip plastic lures onto the point and up the shaft of a weedless hook. such as minnows. This wire forms a loop that can be positioned over the hook’s point. an angler can create a presentation that will appear lifelike to fish. The hook has a longer shank than typical hooks and has a composition of light wire.
. under and around vegetation.into the dangling plastic body of the lure. The Aberdeen hook is a type that anglers will utilize when they target fish with small mouths such as bluegills. and the point of the hook then catches the fish. These barbs grab hold of live bait and keep it from sliding it back down the hook. a weedless hook will pass over.
5. The light wire makeup of an Aberdeen hook allows the bait. The bait holder hook is a favorite for those who prefer live bait such as night crawlers and leeches. rocks and underwater brush and logs without the point snagging. Bait holder hooks have minute barbs that hold live bait in place. that you hook with it to live longer and appear livelier. The weedless hook has a very light wire that attaches to the shank. Removing these types of hooks from a fish usually is easier than standard hooks because of the longer shank. with the exception of tiny upward pointing barbs on the shank of the hook.
.net/proper-fishing-attire/ Types of Fishing Hooks | eHow.html? ref=Track2&utm_source=ask Different Types of Fishing Hooks | eHow.html?ref=Track2&utm_source=ask#ixzz0vKr6QUts http://www.Bibliography