This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
ا ﷲا ر لﷲو م
A people who come after you...
Taken from: http://ilmpoint.wordpress.com
رnarrated that the The Messenger of Allaah Companions):
asked (some of his
إ ن م
ن. ل:ا ن؟ ا:ا ا سإ ن؟و أ إ أو اا سإ أ
. ل:ا ؟ ا:ا ء ا . ل:ا ا:ا ن و ا ون
"Who is the most amazing in belief from the creation? They said, 'The Angels.' He و م said, 'How can they not believe (when they are near their Lord)?' They said, 'Then the Prophets.' He و م said, 'How should they not believe when Revelation comes to them?' They said, 'Then the Sahabah (i.e. us).' He و م said, 'How should the Sahabah not believe when the Prophet is present (amongst them)?' He و م then said, “Indeed I am amazed by people of faith - those who will appear after you and (will) find books of revelation (with them), believing in what they find (written) therein - they are the amazing of creation in belief.”
[Al-Bazzar, 'Kashf al-Astaar', 2679; Tabarani, 'Mu'jam al-Kabeer', 12560; classed as hasan in 'Silsilah as-Saheehah', 8/230 (#3215)]
1. The Messenger of Allaah
م أ را
أو ك أ ظم
ب ن و ن ؤ ون
ون ن د م
"A people who come after you, books will reach them between two sheets (i.e. pages), they (will) believe (in) and act (by) what is contained in them, they have a greater reward than you."
[Meezan al-I'tidal, 2/291, Dhahabi; Khalq Af'al al-Ibaad', Imam Bukhari; 'Mu'jam al-Kabeer', Tabarani; 'Tahdeeb al-Kamal', al-Mizzi; 'Dham al-Kalam', Harawi; 'Tareekh ad-Dimisq', Ibn Asakir and others; classed as saheeh in 'Silsilah as-Saheehah', 9/90 (#3310)]
- From amongst other narrations similar to these, please see: http://tinyurl.com/48ey6du
2. These books will contain knowledge of revelation of the Qur'an and Sunnah. The latter generations will believe in them and have full conviction in them with their tongues, hearts and limbs; and will act according to them. They will be sufficed with what comes to them from their righteous Salaf and will not look hither or thither in seeking guidance.
3. If we understand this, we will see that the reason such a people deserve this great reward is due to their unshakeable faith in their Deen, despite not having seen the Prophet و ﷲ or accompanied him. Anas ﷲ رnarrated that the Messenger of Allaah و ﷲ said:
?: أو س ن إ وا ك ت إ وا , ل أ وددت أ و ن إ وا ا ذ ن آ وا و م رو ل: أ م أ
"I wish that I could meet my brothers." The Sahabah asked: "Are we not your brothers?" He و م replied: "You are my Companions, but my brothers are those who believe in me without having seen me." [Musnad Ahmad, 3/155 (see also Saheeh Muslim, 249 with additional wording) - classed as saheeh
in 'Silsilah al-Saheehah', 2888 (see also 'Saheeh Adab al-Mufrad', 244)]
4. The Prophet
"Glad-tidings to those who saw me and believe in me, and Glad-tidings to those who believe in me and did not see me" - seven times. [Al-Haythami, 'Majma' az-Zawa'id', 10/54 - classed as saheeh in 'Silsilah as-Saheehah',
5. They may even be small in number while those who oppose the guidance of the Prophet ﷲ و may be many. Perhaps this is why Hasan al-Basri said: "So, be patient in sticking to it (i.e. the Sunnah), as Ahl as-Sunnah are the fewest of people. They don't indulge with the people of indulgence, and they don't follow their desires along with the innovators. They were patient in sticking to their path until they met their Lord. So, be the same way 'insha Allaah." He then said: "If a man saw these vices - this one calling him to itself, and that one calling him to itself - and he says 'I don't want anything but the Sunnah of Muhammad و ﷲ and he goes around seeking it out, such a person will have a great reward. So, be this way 'insha Allaah." [See 'ad-Durar as-Saniyyah', vol. 8,
6. These ahadeeth that are found to be authentic, do not in any way compare or equate the fada'il of the Sahabah ﷲ رto those who will come after them! Know that the one who show the Prophet و ﷲ (even momentarily) and believed in him is better than all those who will come after them, no matter how pious or righteous they are! This is an established point of our creed. These narrations simply show the reward of those who cling firmly and stubbornly to the guidance of the Prophet و ﷲ upon the way of the Sahabah and make it from their fundamental methodology - while inheriting all the noble qualities that are praiseworthy in Islam. They will persevere and invite people to the guidance and will not fear the blame of the blamers and neither will their claim of love and ittiba' be hollow or mere slogans.
7. For some explanations regarding this topic, please see: http://www.saaid.net/bahoth/21.htm
May Allaah make us amongst those who long to be with the Prophet و ﷲ Prophet و ﷲ longs to meet us. Ameen
- and those whom the