This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
5/12/11 Splash Boston Splash Boston
• First of all I was reading a study in Discover First of all I was reading a study in Discover Magazine about the brain that says Athletes are much smarter than those who are not!! are much smarter than those who are not!! And That Athletes may perform better than the rest of the population because their brains the rest of the population because their brains can find better solutions than non athletes!! • So much for the Dumb jock Mentality !! So much for the Dumb jock Mentality !!
Thank you for coming Thank you for coming
• I was asked to give some opening remarks about g p g the group and my background • First of all This would never have been possible without all of you. without all of you • I am blown away by how many people have shown up. Over 70 people have signed up to shown up. Over 70 people have signed up to attend tonight's event • It is truly amazing to me to see the passion that everyone shows for business, sport and success. h f b i d • And I would like to encourage everyone that is here to make some new friends and contacts. here to make some new friends and contacts
Introduce Myself Introduce Myself
• • • • First of all I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself. myself My name is Ken Lubin, and I am addict, an addict to sport and business. I am Husband, Father, Executive and Athlete. I am the Husband to Allison Lubin, who is also here, she is absolutely I am the Husband to Allison Lubin who is also here she is absolutely amazing in helping me reach my goals and has to put up with the crazy ideas I come up with . She is a total rockstar!! She is my biggest teammate when it comes to sport. From being in the feedzones at Bike Races, to supporting me at multisport events and being a great cheerleader. supporting me at multisport events and being a great cheerleader I have 2 amazing daughters, 6 and 2 and are my 2 favorite training partners Professionally I am a Managing Director with ZRG Partners, a global executive search firm, where I have spent the last 10 years of my career, i h fi h h h l f
Introduction continued Introduction continued
• And I am an athlete. My athletic endeavors began with y g my passion for skiing, which then turned into ski racing where I raced in college at Colby Sawyer, and Coaching ski racing after college ski racing after college • While I was training for skiing I started bike racing, both g road and mtn and raced for some high level amateur teams in the 90’s • And then all this turned into multisport racing which has become my new passion where I recently won the has become my new passion where I recently won the Tuckerman Inferno in NH. What I think is fun, most people think it is crazy. • What I think is fun, most people think it is crazy.
Mission Statement Mission Statement
“Executive Athletes is dedicated to the growth of ecut e t etes s ded cated to t e g o t o human potential and human performance of the executive and athlete, while bringing the world together through business and athletics” h h hb d hl ” I don’t know if any of you have reaped the benefits of this group, but I have spoken with some of the most amazing people both locally and globally most amazing people both locally and globally who share similar philosophies in life, business and sport. p
The reason The reason
• The reason that I started this group is that in doing research there was no other group that combined both athletics and business and I figured that there had to be other people like me that are out there. • People who are passionate in the pursuit of success in sport and business and are willing to push themselves further and harder and than others • I also figured that people like to do business with people who have similar interests and I figured that it is much easier to connect with others who are thinking the same. • That as professionals we typically have the ability to balance and achieve much more in life. • I also wanted to have a few beers with some great people!! g p p
History/Profile of the group History/Profile of the group
• The group was started back on February 22 2010 and has grown to over 4600 members in just over 16 months with over 500 people 4600 b i j t 16 th ith 500 l located in the Boston Market and over 10% have shown up to this event • The group has a truly global reach with many members in Europe The group has a truly global reach with many members in Europe, Australia, Asia, Latin America and Africa • Members consist of current and former professional and Olympic Athletes, Sr Level professionals, and some of the most passionate group of athletes that I have ever seen. • What is super cool about this to me is that we have some people who are completely new to sport and they have a chance to get the insight of some of the leading athletes in their given sport insight of some of the leading athletes in their given sport • And I figured that the next step in the evolution of this group was to bring all the members of the group together, and that is why we are here tonight. g
Growth plans and 5 year Vision of the group
• • • • To continue to grow the group g g p To have an annual meeting and monthly training events To having some great guest speakers to grow the training aspect of the group through training rides, runs, etc • T To running an event ( road race, bike Race, or Triathlon i t( d bik R T i thl • To aid in growth of personal, professional and athletic success • And also any other ideas that you may have.
• I don’t know if you have read the stories of some do t o you a e ead t e sto es o so e of the members biggest accomplishments, but they are truly amazing and inspirational. • To the members their biggest accomplishments in sport have been while they have been older and have developed a passion for sport that they have h d l d i f t th t th h never thought possible. • And that is why we are here tonight To share And that is why we are here tonight. To share stories of success, triumph and tragedy in sport and business.
Thank you Thank you
I would also like to thank some of the sponsors of this Event. First of all ZRG Partners, my employer!! Ski Chair.com who has donated some super cool products for our raffle, you need to check out these wine racks for our raffle, you need to check out these wine racks and coat racks Urban Andventours, A local bike shop in the city that runs some truly amazing bike tours and has a super cool some truly amazing bike tours and has a super cool urban bike shop on Atlantic Ave. Advitam Sport: who donated these cool water bottles for each of the members. h f h b Splash‐ I would like to thank them for putting on a super cool event for all of us!!
• I would like to take this opportunity to say I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for coming, meet all of you and say hello. And it you have any questions, hello And it you have any questions concerns or insight, please let me know!!!