PEOPLE SOFT FAQ
1. What is an ERP? It is a process of integrated flow of Information, which binds on the organization together. 2. What is an ERP system? It is an integrated application software module providing operational, managerial and strategic Information for improving productivity, quality and quantity to improve competence. 3. Describe the Life Cycle of a Project (ERP Implementation)? The Project passes through the following stages. 1. Analysis 2. Designing 3. Coding 4. Testing 5. Implementation 6. Maintenance. 4. Define People Tools? A Collection of software programs, utility scripts and (reports, messages, Cobol SQL statements, database tables and data that provide the frame work for creating, using and modifying people soft applications. OR People tools provides built in business functionally and maintains the capability that directly increase productivity and simplify system design. 5. What does Application Designer mean? It is an integrated development environment that is used to develop People soft applications. 6. Functionality of Application Designer? The following are the uses of Application Designer. 1. Design and create database tables. 2. Design on-line panels 3. Controlling on-line processing flow. 4. Create application windows and menus 5. Providing security for the database. 7. Difference between Two-tier and Three-tier architecture? Incase of three-tier architecture an application server is connected between the database server (Back end) and the client (front end). Incase of two-tier architecture the server is directly connected to the client. 8. Advantages of three-tier architecture? The advantages of three-tier configuration are… 1. Reduce the LAN traffic. 2. Built-in functionality 3. Increase the productivity. 4. No SQL at the client level. 5. Improved performance over WAN.
6. Increased Scalability. (regardless of the number of users connected you can maintain constant performance level) 9. What is a project? User defined collection of related definitions (fields, records, panels, panelgroups and menus). 10. What are the steps for building an application? The following are the steps to create application designer. 1. Defining an application. 2. Create field definition. 3. Create Record definition using the fields. 4. Create SQL table. 5. Create Panel. 6. Add panel to the panel group. 7. Add panel group to the Menu. 8. Authorize operators to access Pan. 9. Test. 11. What are the physicals attributes Applications designer screen? The following are the attributes of Application Designer 1. Title bar 2. Menus 3. Toolbar 4. Project Workspace – it arranges Peoplesoft objects in Windows explorer format 5. Object Workspace – Open Multiple Object and store in main window. 6. Output Window – Deals about the output generated by using project development or Upgradation. 7. View tabs – Development tools / Upgrade 12. What is MDI? Multiple Document Interface – having an option to open multiple windows at the same time. But only one window can be activated at a time. 13. What is Morphing? The Application designer uses an approach of morphing, or dynamically transforming the menus and toolbars to edit the definition in the active window. 14. How is data stored, retrieved, manipulated and processed in People soft applications? People soft is a table-based system. A database for a people tools application contains three major sets of tables… 1. System catalog tables; it stores physical attributes of tables and views. (e.g. Sys, Columns, Sys tables) 2. People Tools tables; it contains information that you define using People Tools (e.g. PSRECDEFN, PSPNLDEFN, PSMENUDEFN) 3. Application Data Tables; Store the actual data users enter and access through People Soft application windows and panels. (E.g. PS_ < RECORDNAME>) 15. What is SQL Talk?
Long name 4. 20. 16. 1. 2. Informix 17. are the limitations of Translate table? Field type should be character Minimum Field length should be 1 to 4 characters. Raw binary defined format format uses Hex notation. Fields are globally defined.
23. Unit of Storage is KB.Reusable components and can be shared across multiple record definitions 3. Short name 5. What are the various Field attributes? The commons filed attributes are: 1. Data type 2.Changes to the Field properties affects all the records that includes the field. DB2/MVS 4. MSSQI. SQL Base 5.
21 What is Translate Table? A translate table is a prompt table that serves as data dictionary to store values for fields that Don’t need individual prompt tables of their own. 3. How many types of RDBMS support Peoplesoft? The following are the list of RDBMS supporting Peoplesoft application. Help context number 7. Elaborate on Field types? Field Type Char Long Char Number Sign Number Date Time Date Time Sub record Image Description It is an alphanumeric field of fixed length It is an alphanumeric field of Variable length A positive numeric field of fixed length A positive or a negative numeric field of fixed length Built-in Date Built-in Time Built-in Date Time It is group of fields Length 1 to 100 characters 1 to 2000 (Oracle backend) 18 (decimal position cannot exceed 18) 18 (decimal position cannot exceed 18) 10 Windows default
Store images onto the data base in the user Stored in raw binary format. 18.Globally defined 2 2. Define a Field? Fields are basic building blocks in People soft and can be used in application when they are added to atleast one record. Formatting 6. What is Effective Data?
. DB2/AS400 3.SQL Talk is an interface to Peoplesoft database.Oracle 6. Translate values – stored in separate table (XLATTABLE). 22. Field name 3. Field values should be small (static). 19. What 1. DB2 2. Define Field properties? Fields are 1..Server 7.
Type of record SQL Table SQL View Dynamic View Derived / Work record Sub record Query View Naming convention TUL VW DVW WRK SBR QVW
.Within 30 days of current date is called Past date. History date . It is used for security and faster access. What are the naming conventions used in People Soft? The following are the naming conventions. Update/Display all the correction mode. it gives the replicate of joined tables. Sub Records – A group of fields commonly used in multiple records. 26. 2.
Modes History Update/Display Update/Display All / Correction /+
Current / / /+
Future /+ /+ /+
25. 24. SQL View – It is not a physical SQL table on the database. SQL table . 3. Current and Future information. What are the different modes that get activated with Effective data? What is their utility? The different modes that get activated with effective date record are Update/Display. Dynamic View – It is actually stored in the form of SQL view text and is executed at runtime. 4.Corresponding physical SQL table in the database we create with build option.
5. How many types of records are there? There are six types of records 1. Derived/Work record . Whereas normal view is executed and stored in the database. Query View – A Query view is a view constructed using People soft Query tool. Once the panel is cancelled it is removed from the buffer.It is a temporary workspace to be used during on line panel processing and is not stored in the database. 27. therefore derived work records are not built.Above 30 days of current date is called History Date. History date Vs past Date? Past date . What is a record? A Group of non-repetitive fields is called a record.
28. It uses the built in indexes. 6.Effective data is used to store history. They cannot be seen in the update/display mode.
What is ordering key? The following way we have to arrange the fields 1. 3. audit. It allows duplicate values. Edit Display . Field with primary key 3. Alternate search will be seen in the search dialog box when update/display mode is selected. However the index can be disabled. is known as a key to the record. Alternate Search key: 1. 30. It should be placed at the top of the record definition. 31. direction indicates. which uniquely identifies each row. prompt table. Type. It allows multiple keys 5. Due to alternate search key the system becomes slow. Duplicate Order Key: 1. Shortname. 2. we will search and retrieve data from the database. Field Display . type. 3. Maximum keys allowed in a record is 15 6. Format. 2. Explain briefly about record properties? KEY: A field. How many types of Displays are there in the tool bar? 1.
. 2. Long name 2. type required . Field with duplicate order key. people code) 4. search key. 4. system indicates. People code display .It shows the auditing options available for the fields (field name. It identifies the field as a key that provides an alternative path into table data. H. default values) 3.It shows the different events and the user can choose required event to write people code. Len. Descending order key: It is used to retrieve data in the form of 3-2-1 or C-B-A and normally it used in Effective date. to the key field.It shows key related characteristics and default values for the fields (Field name. 1. It provides a way of ordering data in the table when the duplicate values are allowed. Use Display .Work list SQR Report Audit Information
WL R AUDIT
29. reasonable date.It shows the filed attributes (fieldname. list. Field with primary key and search box. so it will consume the disk space. It is a primary key 4. H. This will not allow duplicate and not null values. 2. edit. According. It will create index for the column. because database index will be created when SQL creates the tables.
Define Scroll? How many types of scrolls are there? A Scroll is used to enter multiple rows and retrieve multiple row data. The
. you can save those panel control groups on sub. 34. (Utility: Secondary panels are used to gather or display supplemental information related to the object that appears in a primary panel) 36.The third scroll bar has an occurs level of 3. The following are the occurs level at each nested scroll bar. Define Occurs Level? Occurs level specifies the level of a scroll bar relative to any other scroll bars on a panel. What are the types of controls that can be placed on the panel? There are three types of controls: 1. preside group control. which means it is subordinate to scroll bar 2. What is panel group? Explain in brief about panel group? Panel group is the bride between panel and menu.32. Maximum 3 nested levels are allowed.panel) Secondary Panel: An invisible control that associates a secondary panel with a primary panel. A) Text B)Frame C) Group box D) Static image. 35. There are 6 types of data processing controls A) Command push button B) Process push button C) Secondary panel D)Scroll bar E) Grid control F) Tree. There are 7 types of Data entry controls.The panel group represents a complete business transaction because all the Information goes together. Related control field: It is controlled by display control field. 37. Define Sub-panel and Secondary panel? Sub-panel : It is a predefined.
33. Data entry control: It is used to offer different way to enter and maintain the information. A panel group is a set of panels That should be processed as if it is one panel. such as address coasts. A) Edit box B) Drop down list box C) Long edit box D) Check box E) Radio button F) Sub-panel image. There are two types of scrolls: 1. (Utility: if you have group of controls. Function and data processing control: It adds command and maintains level of information on the command. 2. Aesthetic Control: It is used to organize the information on the panel and it is not associated with the database. Explain about display control field and related display control field? Display control field: It is controlling the field in some other record. which will appear in more than one panel. 2. Nested scrolls – For each repeating data and for each entry with other set of repeating set of data is called a nested scroll. 3. There are 4 types of aesthetic contents. which you use on multiple panel definition. which means it is subordinate to scroll bar 1. The primary scroll bar in a set of nested scroll bars has an occur level 1 A Secondary scroll bar has an occurs level of 2. Independent scrolls – At each scroll level a maximum of 15 screen be included. The nested scrolls share same high level keys.
39. 2. Popup menu: Allows the user to navigate related information in other areas of application by right clicking on a panel or panel control. Query security (row level security) 40. Developing and testing data load routines 4. How many types of security administrator profiles? Define? There are three types of Security administrator profiles: 1. 43. Standard menu: It appears in the menu bar of a People soft application. Operator Profile: It is commonly referred as a Operator Ids or operator having associated sign on passwords. What operations can Import Manager perform? Import Manager provides a mechanism for converting data from existing files to your People soft application data tables. Evaluating source data 7. 38.group must be stored in the database as a single Unit of work. 45. Record definitions are foundations for Import Manager. Setting Operational Goals. It provides the necessary Ids and password for behind-the-scene process. we are opening and saving panel group not individual Panels. 46. Evaluating Target Table. At runtime. 44. 2. Network security 3. Object security 5. Define Object Group? It is a collection of one or more objects that form a logical group for security purpose. Timing 3. 41. Define a Menu? How many types of Menus exist? Menus are used to navigate the application (Menu is a window to the application) There are two types of menus: 1. RDBMS Security 2. Performing conversion analysis 6. 3. which is created as an operator security to restrict access to People soft data. Define Object Security? The Security profile. Class Profile: It is defined to organize the users into groups with common access rights or privileges.Operator security 4.Tree level security 6. 42. What are the steps involved in developing a conversion strategy? The following are the steps involved: 1. Define security administrator? Security administrator is used to control and access the various People soft menus. Mapping your data 5.
. 2. How many types of securities are available in People soft? There are 6 types of securities: 1. Access Profile: It is an RDBMS ID. What is Set ID or Table Set? Set ID shares common control table values.
DAT ) into application systems. Import data from RDBMS. Options available to run Import Manager? The following options are available to run import manager.e. Load: Writes rows of data to the database and automatically prints an edit report Summarizing the result. 47. we can from one RDBMS to another
50. Edit: Read through the rows to imported and processes an edit report of the Results. 2. To overcome this problem. 49. 1. Tables (People soft tables) In Import manager.1. The source file containing data to be imported must be a fixed length ASCII file (.Import Manager Vs Data Mover? Import Manager An Import manager is used to import well Data (row-by-row) data from ASCII another Text file (. Updates to an existing row of data cannot be done through import manager. only files can be transfer Transferred. This means that new rows of data with a unique key can be inserted into SQL table. Transfer application data between People soft data tables
. Define Data Move? Data Mover is People Tool that provides a convenient way to: 1. Will the import manager write data values to the target table if it encounters key values in the source table? NO – If the utility encounters key values on the source file. error message is flashed and the rows will not be written to the database. none of the new rows of data will be written to the database. we will have to enable “by pass key value” control in the Import manager. Field formats and editing: Import manager is used to upload file data from a designated source file into your application database. Compare: Reserved for future use. SQL commit: The SQL commit takes place at the end of each import load. (I. 3. 3. DAT FILE) 2. The current database to the People Soft application) Data Mover Data mover is used to import as as export from one database to database. across operating
In case of Data Mover. No data is written to the database. 48. It currently has the same functionality as an Edit. SQL Inserts: The Import manager performs only SQL inserts. If the import stops before the end-of-life.
such as running Grant_Users and Encrypt_password scripts. using Bootstrap mode is necessary for database loading. What is the usage of Data mover? Data mover is used to create edit and run scripts. Execute SQL statements against any People soft database.* Features: 1. 4. 5. This tool is useful for debugging SQL Note: While operating with the Data Mover utility. SQR program can execute multiple queries. 3. call other Data Mover files and to enter commands. OR SQL Trace records information about the actual API (Application Process Interface) Calls both our GUI (Graphic User Interface) and COBOL Programs send to the Database. These scripts may include any combination of SQL commands and Data mover commands for exporting and importing database contents. it is called BOOTSTRAP MODE. What is a FLAG?
. Create release specific archives of People soft database or individual People soft records. the trace option should be disabled. 53.2. SQL commands: These include both standard and non-standard SQL commands and are used to modify the database. Move People soft database across Operating systems and database plat forms. What is Trace SQL? Trace SQL logs a variety of information about SQL activity called from People tools and from batch COBOL on a client or server. 3. rename and replace View. 54. In Bootstrap mode the following commands are not valid export. 1. Explain the types of commands in the Data Mover? A Data Mover script can contain two types of commands. Scalability for Client and Server architecture. 55. More flexible 2. Also. Control database security and access. Data Mover commands: Used to export and import database information and to otherwise modify database. regardless of the underlying operating systems or database plat form. What is SQR? Features of SQR? *SQR (Structured Query Reports) is a programming language used in data processing and data reporting. Multiple RDBMS portability 56. It is also helpful for accomplishing other security-related tasks. Typically. 2. used to control script execution. Use SET NO TRACE statement to disable the SQL Trace. What is BOOTSTRAP MODE? When the Data Mover is launched using the Data base Access ID and Pass word. 51. 52. Multiple platform portability 4. because there are no People soft security tables established yet.
Normally it is used for MSPAINT. LIS extension. 2.SYBASE CT-Lib) Indicates how many rows to buffer each time data is retrieved from the database.LIS and . As a People soft 5+ there are no delivered precompiled SQR programs. Note: People soft uses a .lis -KEEP In addition to . What is difference between .LOCK(RR]CS]RO]RL]XX] (SQL Base) Defines the types of locking (isolation level
. Without this flag. LOG: SQR. -F (file) (Directory) Overrides the default output file name program .SPF file for each report that your program generates. There is one main . How many types of SQR files are there? There are 5 types of SQR files…. Explain briefly about flags? The SQR command supports several flags. -C Specifies that the cancel dialog box appear while the program.SPF file is portable format. -CB (Callable SQR) forces the communication box to be used. . . Each flag begins with a dash (-).MAX file to increase any SQR parameter where default is not adequate for the program.SPF file? .MAX file for processing under SQR W (windows) called ALLMAXES. Flags with arguments must be followed directly by the argument with no intervening space.MAX 5. If no errors occur. 58. Graphics. LIS (list file) is used for line printer execution. The default is 10 rows. . these lines are ignored. Image.LIS files. -DEBUG (xxx) (Sybase) Causes lines preceded by #DEBUG to be compared. -E(file) Causes error messages to be directed to the named file. 59. 4. 1. The default program allocations (which were coded for lower DOS memory) usually have to be increased for complex SQR programs. MAX: SQR does not dynamically allocate memory. That is output to the terminal during the execution of SQR. LIS when an SQR reports generate output it is sent to a file with an.LOG file is the output file used by People soft. . .
SQR Command-Line Flags Flag Description -A Causes the report output to be appended to an existing file of the user name -Bnn (Oracle. SQC: SQC program files contain commonly included procedures that are called by other SQR programs. SQT: These program files are precompiled SQR programs. Normally it is used for printing cheques. This file contains all information such as errors and displays statements. 57. creates an .It is an attribute given to programming for processing and generating output destination file. no file is created. or to the default file report err. 3. this is used for all window based applications with any printer.
How SQR Programs are evaluated and executed at different times? FIRST PASS: Or Compile stage. -NR (SQL Base) Specifies that the No Recovery mode is used when connecting to the database. 4. 3. 61. 1. 2. Literal 62. -XTB Preserves the trailing blanks in an LIS file.dat located in the directory indicated by the SQR DIR environment Variable is the default. 60. Programs run in this mode cannot contain any SQL statements. 3. Process heading section 4. Checks syntax of SQR source program. SQR processes the following components of the program. Process footing section 5. -XL Prevents SQR from logging on to the database. The setup section is processes including allocation and population of memory arrays created by the load-look up command. -ZIV Invokes the SPF viewer after generating program .for the session. 5. Optimization of the SQL data access path is determined. Writes entire page buffer to file. variables. SECOND PASS: Actual execution of the program source occurs starting at the begin Report stopping at the end-report. All # include external source files (SQCs) are inserted into the source program. -ZMF(File) Specifies the full path and name of the SQR Error Message file. What does SQR report structure(program) consists of or Types of sections in SQR Program? Report or Program – Determines where SQR will begin and end execution of your report. Using this flag implicitly invokes the –KEEP flag to create program . Process data for the body section. -XCB Do not use the communication box. The Sqr err. -XMB Disables the error message display so that a program can be run without interruption by error message boxes. People soft uses this section to control the flow of processing by calling procedures using the do command.spf file. All # commands are evaluated. Senses page overflow or response to new-page command in code. Setup Section – Contains commands which describe the general report characteristics (Note: the setup section is preprocessed and is automatically run
. thereby utilizing modular programming. How many types of SQR data elements are there? Columns.spf file. -XP (SYBASE DB-Lib) Prevents SQR from creating temporary stored procedures. 1. 2.
Position syntax is used to define where to place data on the page within a given section. For each row of data retrieved from the query. Define Process Scheduler? It is an centralized tool that enables application developers. Heading Section Footing Section Procedure Section : A procedure is a list of commands or paragraphs which are processed when referenced by a corresponding do command. Begin-Document-: Allows you to mix background text. SQL B. B. Programming section – A – Begin – SQL: The SQL paragraph allows you to execute any non-select SQL Statement. Document C.before the program begins execution. 67. Process Scheduler enables you to schedule running process and create job. Note: In begin select SQR requires that columns names be flesh to the left margin and SQR commands be indented. Note: INPUT is mere efficient than ASK. Explain Print Function? The print command. INPUT : It requests the user for the value at runtime. Here you specify what columns of data to retrieve from the database. system administrators and application users to manage People soft batch process. C. When a break occurs the following happens. at execution stage). is both explicit and implicit. is the focal point for formatting and processing. The Implicit print is only valid for database columns as they are retrieved in the select para. It can be used anywhere in the programming section. Explain briefly about On-break processing? On-break option on columns will cause each column to break independently from each other. Procedure names must be unique. With the data retrieved from the database. Begin-Select: Select paragraph is the heart of the SQR program. which in turn may contain other select paragraphs. 68.e. Procedures can contain regular SQR commands as well as three special kinds of paragraphs: A. (i. Difference between ASK V/S INPUT? ASK : It is requests the user for the value and substitutes the value during compilation.
. 66.. Select 63. This section can only include SQR commands. acting as an implicit while loop may also process a set of commands there. Other procedures may be referenced within a select paragraph. Define an Array? An Array can be defined to store intermediate results or data retrieved from the database. After procedure are processed in descending sequence from the highest level to the level of the current break filed. It is used only in the setup section. 65. 64. What are positional co-ordinates? Printing in SQR is placing output on the page grid. Explicit print is used to print database column referenced by its pseudonym (&column name) or a user defined variable.
E. select and parse the program. What is a process server agent? It is going to initialize.g. Job: It is one or more process of the same or different type. UPDATE.exe. What is a set ID or Table set? It is going share common control table values. C:/SQLbin\SQL. a developer can set up a series of INSERT. The overall structure of Mass change is similar to that of People soft Query Except that Query retrieves data from the database while mass change actually updates the database. 76.69. 81. 78. which can run either in series or Parallel. categorizing the several activities. What is a process instance? It is a process number used to request process. What is Parameter List? It defines under what database. What is an object group? Collection of one or more objects that form a logical group for security purpose. (Nothing but the meta-strings) 80. What is business Process Map? It is an alternative method for accessing panels or it is a graphical representation of a map. What is a business Process? It is a collection of activities and it represents broad area functionality. 79. 74. 73. It represents specific transaction a user might need to perform.EXE) file is nothing but command line parameter. What is Application Upgrade? It is a migration of object from one database to another and updating other system components such as application software. What is Mass change and explain the uses of Mass change? Mass change is a SQL generator you can use to develop and perform custom applications. platform will the program. Using mass change.
. 71. What is a command line parameter? The executable (. 77. program or routine (such as SQR reports or Batch Cobol) that runs either on client or server. What is an activity? It is a collection of logical steps.Difference between Process and Job? Process: A process is a single task. OR DELETE SQL statements that the end user can execute to perform business functions. 75 What is a Process? A task involved by the system. 72. (A group of process can be combined and run as process job) 70.
`1. What are the steps involved in Mass change? The following are the order of steps involved in Mass change. which is not attached to the panel? The reason why Mass change is preferred over SQL exec is….e. Instance Id 6. What is Mass change group? Adding all Mass change into a group. 1. Mass change can be used for file download upload. It is used to perform high volume set oriented transactions. (i. 2. Operator security 4. Emplid Note: While defining the above fields in the record definition. Work list name 5. What is workflow? To an extent all the business processes defined using the Application designer involve workflow. They are as follows.Mass change definition 84. 83.. Define type 2. 2. Transaction Id 7. 87. 88. Why workflow is used and explains the advantage of workflow in People soft application?
. Archive table data (Archive means that the data does not have backup file and uses to update the values) 82. Where user has to choose which activity is appropriate towards the next step. However we usually reserve the term to refer to processes that involve multiple users and the routing of data between the users. People soft workflow tools help you build the routings into your computer systems. Two. Event name 4. What is routing in workflow? Transfer of roles / users 89.. 86.(Business Process Name) 2. You use them to tie together the individual steps so that the system can help coordinate the activities. 1. 1. How Workflow is controlled? It is controlled by Decision Point (it is graphically denoted by a (?)). Why use Mass change and why not SQL execute to update a record. Multiple Mass change definitions can be executed simultaneously). Busprocname. Assign to template 3.Three Mass change program can work at a single time. Copy data from table or table 3. What are the key fields used in Key list? 7 key fields used in a key list. Activity name 3. a key has to be assigned in the record field properties. Data / information need not be defined in Mass change 3.The uses of Mass change are as follows. 85.
They work through the levels and departments of an enterprise to bring together the role that are necessary to complete complex tasks. Database agents. Roles direct the work to types of people rather than to individuals. which detect when a business rule has been triggered as users enter data into a People soft application. scheduled performance reviews. other workflow systems. Your business rules typically specify what user role needs to do an activity. Routing. Define the components of workflow? There are 3 underlying components of workflow i. such as clerks or managers. Routings make it possible to deploy applications throughout the enterprise. Once you define your business processes. which processes messages sent to People soft external systems. They are the systems means of moving information from one place to another. Roles. which activities take the longest. The network of routings creates a business process from what used to be isolated activities. monitor. which monitor the People soft database to identify items that need to enter workflow. Rules Rules are your company’s business practices captured in software. such as electronic mail systems. They evaluate who should action the new work instance (the role) and routes it to them (the routing) The message agent. It provides an applicationprogramming interface (API) that enables third-party systems to integrate with People soft applications. The rules are contained in policies and procedures documents. Rules. Roles remain stable even as people change jobs. Routings Routings connect the activities in the workflow. Routings bring the flow into workflow.
. kiosks. Identifying roes instead of individual users makes your workflow more flexible and easier to maintain. such as overdue requisitions. even the internet.e. What is a workflow processor? Workflow processor is a suite of online agents that run and control the workflow in your business processes. Workflow processor consists of: Word lists. • Tasks that don’t require user involvement • Tasks that involve non People soft users • Tasks that several users work on together. departments that are over budget-any item you want to be alerted about. Roles Roles describe how people fit into the workflow. analyze..Workflow typically eliminates the job tasks associated with controlling paper flow. Application agents. and control workflow in your organization. A role is a class of users who perform the same type of work. 91. Rules determine what activities are required to process your business data. and frees people the once performed clerical functions to do more meaningful work. interactive voice response systems. which are ordered lists of the work a person (or group of people) have to do. you set up agents to do the work for you. Workflow Administrator gives you the ability to access. from one step to the next. 90.
2.. What is a Tree? It is a People soft object that defines the grouping and hierarchical relationship between the values of database fields. 100. What is a Parent? A node. 1. What is an application reviewer? It is a tool. which is placed at the same level. What is a Tree Node (Unit)? It represents the group of detailed values that report to it. ledger or security profile. 98. The main advantage in a tree is that it summarizes the rules visually and you can easily see as to now the values relate to each other. By building a tree you can make rules centralized and can be used throughout the system. 97.Summary Tree: collection of detailed tree nodes. which is window. 3. 2. 102. Note: People code works in data on the stacks. 95. It also specifies how the system groups together the values of the fields for the purpose of reporting and security access. 99. Note: A particular tree is imported through out People soft system. 93. 1. based and designed as an aid in debugging People code programs. 101. What is a child? Lower level than its parent is called a child. and you can redesign work when an employee is out sick 92. is called sibling.. Explain the various options to define a Tree? There are 2 options to define a Tree.which work lists are overloaded. What is a Tree level? It provides the short way to refer all nodes that share a single parent. which has other nodes reporting to it. 94. Tree makes it easier to select the values you want to include in a report. 96. What are the advantages of Tree Manager? The following are the advantages of a Tree Manager.Detailed Tree: used to gather information about the various parts of the tree. Only one tree should be active throughout People soft system at a time. (Stacks store the internal machine execution numbers) 103. It allows us to investigate processing errors and to set a break point in between programs. What is meant by category in Tree manager? High-level grouping under which you can organize your tree structure and tree definition. What are the important Cross-reference Reports in People soft?
. What is a node? It is an individual branch of main level. What is a sibling? A node.
It can be used to generate one-time adhoc queries or queries used repeatedly. 105. forms. The record components shown are those that the operator has been granted access to. Query tool can be used to generate Pnvision and Crystal reports. Explain briefly the types of queries? There are 3 types of Queries Search for records.There 1. you see all the components used in the current query (such as record components. and so on. 109. 107. You can extract the precise data you want using visual representation of People soft database. or work list entries to. 2.
. field components.
are three important Cross-reference reports in People soft. When you click the Query tab. 4. This type of query is called a search query. You can generate standard reports we have already created and saved in Crystal. Crystal reports builds directly on queries you create in People soft Query... This type of query is called a role query> User defined queries (adhoc query) is used to generate reports in the user defined format. you see a list of available record definitions (or record components). Explain briefly about the Database tab and Query tab? When you click the database tab. or create your own custom reports. you can generate attractive reports. It is used to simplify SQR statements 2. prompts. 1. What is a Query Tool? Query tool is a powerful tool for defining database queries in an easy-to-use graphical environment. Crystal reports pro for windows is a report formatter that helps you to generate clear and easy to read printed reports containing data from your People soft applications. Enlist the uses of Query tool? The following are the uses of Query tool. 106. You can view these records as either a tree of access groups or as an alphabetical tree of records to which you operator ID has access. 108. 3. Many of the search dialog boxes in People soft applications enable you to open Query and create a query based on the search record definition. expressions. You can write queries that People soft Work flow uses to determine who to send e-mails. Explain briefly about Crystal Reports? With Crystal Reports Pro from Seagate software. What is an Access Group in a Query tool? Access groups provide a way for you to logically organize the record components to control security access within Query. 3. XRF PCFL (Cross reference people code to field) XRF FLPC (Cross reference field to People code) XRF PNPC (Cross reference panel to People code)
104. Determine who to forward information to. This option enables you to search for records based on sophisticated search criteria. It is not a physical representation of your database. It provides security for queries.
2. Microsoft Word documents and spread sheets.. which performs. First you create and save queries in People soft Query then you create report definitions in Crystal to format the fields (columns) used in the queries. including ASCII files. run and debug your applications without existing People Tools. there are the programs to compile. we will write title. and logos of the company. Encapsulation Unlike applications developed using COBOL or SQR. Other tools such as query tool and mass change generate SQL. Detail – Contains database column values. What are the types of layers in Crystal reports? There are 4 types of layers in Crystal Reports.
. background SQL processing against our application data tables. Statements: SQL statements like update. You can build. Sections: Comprises of 1 or more steps 4. What are the parts of Application Engine? Application Engine consists of 4 parts. and no need to directly interact with the operating environment in use. Report Header . 110.Generating formatted output in Crystal involves two steps. For the most part you can work around this problem using Meta-SQL which Application Engine supports. date. Page Footer – Used to write page numbers and address. SQL or SQR Programs. called Meta-strings. 113. This enables you to archive sections as you modify them. What is the advantage of using Application Engine? The following are the advantages of using Application Engine. and reference them from your different platform versions. RDBMS platforms have many differing syntax rules – especially in regard to date.. no statements to store. instead of destroying them. This means you can write your generic SQL portions just once. This language was created to handle different RDBMS SQL syntax’s by replacing them with a standard syntax. SQL / Meta-SQL Support In addition to writing your SQL within Application Engine. 2. 1. 111. 4. 3. It is an alternative for COBOL. Application Engine applications reside completely within your database. Effective Dating Application sections are effective dated-meaning you can activate/deactivate a section as of a particular date. 1. 3. With Application Engine. Page Header – Used to write column headings. Application: It is a set of SQL statements.In this. you can also copy SQL statements into Application Engine from SQL talk or any other SQL utility with few – if any changes. They are. You can generate reports in a variety of different formats. What is Application Engine? It is the tool. With in Platform specific sections You can also have the ability to call generic portions of SQL statements by using the & CLAUSE function. delete or select are issued. 112. you can print reports that are easy to read and understand. time and other numeric calculations. insert. Steps: It is the smallest unit of work committed in an application. Once you have created and saved the report definitions. In the future if you decide to revert to a previous incarnation of a section you can simply reactivate it.
This means that you can export an application(s) into a file. it may work fine. What is a Cache Record? The Cache record (or cache) is a physical People soft record. Search records also define the structure of the dialog box. you assign cache values using & SELECT. length and scale) can be specified once. update or delete. Where are the search records assigned? Search records are assigned to a panel group in a menu. globally. most field attributes (type. Application Engine is particularly effective of processing these types of applications. One of the corner stones of People soft functionality is Application Designer.
. This can require a good bit of effort. 119.Set Processing Support Set processing is a SQL technique used to process groups (or sets) of rows of one time rather than one at a time. For example. it has the same attributes in each of these records. Because of the way it works. 114. keyed by process instance that must be created and maintained by the Application Engine developer. the recipient can simply use the IMPORT feature of Data Mover. What is unique about panels. How search records are used? Search records are used to search. 117. If the field is used on more than one record. Then. Does the search record for a panel has to be the same as the record being Accessed on the panel? Why or Why not? The search record for the panel does not have to be the same as the record being Accessed on the panel because the search record is used to search for and or Filter the search key. 115.
116. or the field may get truncated. or you may get an error. And. If a developer increases a field’s length. which refer to view as opposed to physical tables? Panels that refer to views in People soft are not used for insert. then it may need to be changed in every instance where the COBOL program uses this field as a bind or select variable. 118. if the length of a field in the COBOL is wrong. retrieve and filter data. How can a search record dialog box be suppressed? A search record dialog box can be suppressed by assigning a search record that does not have search key. and attach it to an e-mail message. You retrieve cache field values by the Application Engine and BIND function. PORTABILITY You can use Data Mover to import/export your applications. This record defines the fields that an application uses to pas values from one SQL statements to another. if not handled properly. Object Orientation Unless designed to anticipate changes in field attributes. a change like this can cause confusing errors. and the application is ready to run. All fields on these panels are display only. COBOL applications may need to be modified when things change.
133. 128. What fields should be at the tope of every search record definition that use table set Ids? SET ID is the field that should be at the top of every record definition that uses table set Ids. What is a Record Group ID? A Record group ID is a group of record definitions that are Sharing the same set control field. What do you need to do to modify the search views? To modify a search view. 126. When would you have to alter the tables and modify the panels. 122. when you modify a search record to include a new field. In what order does the application processor fill buffer for the panel group? The application processor uses occurs level in the panel group to fill the buffer. 123. we need to change the record definition and recreate the underlying SQL view. What are the advantages of incorporating Table set ids into People soft applications? Table set Ids allow you to share sets of values (codes) in the same prompt table. in the process Of modifying search records? You need to alter tables and modify panels. What restrictions are placed on multi-process jobs? A multi process jobs can only be scheduled to run on a server. List the three output destinations available through the Process Scheduler? You can direct the output to a printer file and windows screen. 125. 131. What do you determine using Table set Ids control information?
.Differentiate Error V/s Warning statements in People code? The error statement issues a message and the condition causing the error must Be corrected before proceeding. The warning statement issues a message and The user can proceed without changing any values. Where can you run Jobs? The process scheduler can run jobs on the client or a server machine. using change. 121. 124.120. 130. 129. When will there be two occurs level records in a panel group? If you are referring to two different record definitions that share a same highlevel key then two-level one-scroll bar can be displayed as stacked scroll bars. 132. What do search views delivered by People soft do besides displaying the dialog Box? Search views delivered by People soft are used to implement row level security as well as display a dialog box. 127. Where do you set up default operator / class options for Process Monitor? In operator security. process profile.
Business Process Map 2. 134. What are the three types of Maps used by the navigator? The 3 types of Maps used by the navigator are.Table set ID control information determines how the information should be shared. Step Map
. 1. The Table set ID control panel defines which Table set Ids set control filed code will use for each record group. Activity Map 3..
supplier_name 2 from part p right outer join supplier s 3 on p.CD WHERE (CD.supplier_id. s.supplier_id.ArtistID SELECT * FROM Artist. PART ---P1 P2 SUPPLIER_NAME -------------------Supplier#1 Supplier#2 Supplier#3
Full Outer Join SQL> select p. Left outer Join SQL> select p.part_id. PART ---P1 P2 P4 P3 SUPPLIER_NAME -------------------Supplier#1 Supplier#2
Right Outer Join SQL> select p.ArtistID)
.supplier_id = s.part_id.supplier_name 2 from part p left outer join supplier s 3 on p.supplier_id.supplier_name 2 from part p full outer join supplier s 3 on p.part_id.supplier_id = s.supplier_id = s. PART ---P1 P2 P4 P3 SUPPLIER_NAME -------------------Supplier#1 Supplier#2 Supplier#3
Inner Joins SELECT * FROM Artist INNER JOIN CD ON CD. s. s.An outer join extends the result of an inner join by including rows from one table (say Table A) that don't have corresponding rows in another table (say Table B).ArtistID=Artist.ArtistID=Artist.