This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Ms. Kim Neng Ms
Department Of Planning & Legal Affairs, Ministry of Affairs Environment Cambodia
The views expressed in this paper/presentation are the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), or its Board of Governors, or the governments they represent. ADB does not guarantee the accuracy of the data included in this paper and accepts no responsibility for any consequence of their use. Terminology used may not necessarily be consistent with ADB official terms.
Le Quang Tuan (Group Leader)-MARD
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 6 7. 8.
Luu Ngoc Luong-Ministry of Planning & Investment Ms. Vu Thanh Lan Anh-MONRE Ms Giang Thanh Binh-MONRE g Bui Huy Tung-MONRE Nguyen Tuan Son-MONRE Tran Mai Kien -Mekong River Commission Secretariat Mekong Ms. Kim Neng- Ministry of Environment - Cambodia Mr Tomoyuki Okada-River Bureau, Ministry of Infrastructure
Ms Jenny Tan -(Facilitator) Mohd Nur Farhan Abd Wahab-Rapporteur Rachel ak Trevor Gunggang-Rapporteur
Proposal No. 1 (MARD Vietnam)
1. Project Proponent - MINISTRY OF ARGICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF VIETNAM ( DWR. Mr. Le Quang Tuan) j p y g 2. Project Title – Capacity building on water related disaster due to climate change. 3. Project Objectives To t T strengthen capacity of staff working on water related di t th it f t ff ki t l t d disaster management 4. Project Partners Leader & staff of MARD’S agencies (DWR- DDFC-CERWASS) Leader & staff in provincial agencies (DARD- FC Committee, RBO’s staffs); Funding partner: ADB, JICA
Proposal No 1 No.
5. 5 Main Project Activities To provide technical training on IWRM and CCA, water related issue due to CC; To provide formats/ model action plan for water emergency event preparedness To provide training and instrument p g /technologies/guidelines (software and hardware) for water-related forecasting and building/apply response activities. To set up emergency response center to give direction in emergency cases.
Proposal 1 P l
6. Main Project Outputs j p 1.50% staffs working in all related agencies (2009: half and 2010: half); will be trained; 2. Hardware and software for forecasting and will be provided to FCC in provinces; 3. 3 Pilot emergency response operation center will be set up in 3 regions of Vietnam g 7. Indicative budget: Training: 3 training courses in 3 regions: 3 TC x 100 parts x 500 USD = 150.000 USD Forecasting Software: 100.000 USD Hardware: Computer and communication equipments: 30 H d C d i i i provinces x 15.000 = 450.000 Set up Center: 60.000 x 3 station= 180.000 USD Total: 980.000 USD
Le Quang Tuan
Proposal No. 2 (MONRE, Vietnam)
proponent Department of Water Resources Management, MoNRE, Vietnam
2. Project title Assessment of water change caused by climate change based on assessment of social-economic effect from water use sectors (including industry, aquaculture, agriculture and domestic) in Dong Nai river basin 3. Project Objective Impact Assessment of climate change on water use sectors Developing tools for assessing water change caused by climate change 4. Project Partners j ADB, NAHRIM Hub, MONRE
Proposal No. 2 P lN
5. M i P j t A ti iti 5 Main Project Activities
Assessing current situation on water use Projecting, calculating and assessing water demand for water use sectors in the 2010, 2020, 2030 period Assessing current social – economic effects from water use sector Assessing social – economic effects from water use sector in the g 2010, 2020, 2030 period 6. Main Project Outputs Developing tools for assessing water change caused by climate change 7. Indicative budget: 300.000$
Proposal No. 3 (MONRE, Vietnam)
1. 2. 2 Project Proponent – Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Water Resources Management Project Title –Assessment of Water Resources and Water Demand in Red River Basin and establishment of Climate Change Data Base for IWRM. Project Objectives Build a water data base for management j 4. Project Partners Local agencies of provinces in RRB ADB (funding partner) Hydro Metrological Data Center
Proposal No.3 P lN 3
5. 5 Main Project Activities Survey water resources & survey water demand Assess conflict of water demand Assess water resources due to CC A Build data base 6. Main Project Outputs Data base 7. Indicative budget 300,000 300 000 USD – 500 000 USD 500,000
Bui Huy Tung-MONRE
Proposal No. 4 (MOE Cambodia) No (MOE,
1. 2. 3.
Project proponent: Department Planning & Legal Affairs, MoE Cambodia Project Title: Capacity building on Environmental Management & Legislation Project Objective:
Capacity building on Understanding Environmental Management. p y g g g More effective Environmental Management.
Training Prepare environment p y p policy Improving network
5) 6) 7)
Project partners: ADB, JICA, NAHRIM, Inter – ministerial agencies Main out put: Planning on environmental management & legislation. Indicative budget about 44 000USD 44,000USD.
Proposal No. 5 (MOE, Cambodia)
1. Project p p j proponent: Ministry of Enviroment, Cambodia y 2. Project Title: Establishing Program for Protection of Tonle Sap Lake Ecosystem and Poverty Reduction Through Local Community Involvement. 3. 3 Project Objective:
Increase public awareness on climate change, water & ecosystem Improve public & government institution involvement Reduce poverty in Tonle Sap Lake Basin by local community participation in ecotourism. ti i ti i t i
4. Project partners: ADB, NAHRIM, JICA, Inter – ministry institutions 5. Project activities:
Training, workshop Training workshop, campaigns Network strengthening Exchanging experiences information, technology
Proposal No. 5 P lN
out put: p Implementation program for ecosystem awareness. Form steering committee for project management Tonle Sap Lake Centre for water & climate change management 7. Indicative budget about 84,000 USD.