This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Case study: retail
About PPC Campaign Restructuring
A well-structured PPC campaign aligns queries, keywords, and ads to show the right ads to the right searchers in the right place at the right time. This means lower costs and higher performance. Unfortunately, many of our clients have come to us with PPC campaigns that were improperly structured by their previous Search vendors – and they never even knew it! Fortunately, IMPAQT has built proprietary tools and processes to quickly address these issues before campaigns are even put into place. We begin every PPC project with a campaign analysis and complete campaign restructure. Clients often see immediate and significant improvements in performance and efficiency, along with reductions in costs.
PPC Campaign Restructuring in Action
One of the largest big-box retailers of office supplies switched from its previous Search vendor to IMPAQT with the goal of attaining better PPC performance.
What We Did
1. Through IMPAQT’s proprietary tools, we immediately noticed that the previous vendor improperly named campaigns and that each campaign mixed different product categories, match types, and bid levels. This made it less efficient to manage large amounts of data and even harder to analyze results appropriately. 2. We created new campaigns that were organized by product category, for example, office furniture, computers, paper products, etc. 3. We then replaced the Broad Match type campaigns with Modified Broad Match (MBR) to show ads on more relevant keyword and phrase variations. This allowed us to direct traffic to the less-expensive keywords Exact Match campaigns first, which helped to keep costs under control. 4. We created separate campaigns for Broad Match and MBR campaigns to make performance monitoring and budgeting more efficient. 5. We created “top performer” campaigns to allow us to allocate the most budget to the best performing keywords to ensure that ads shown on their queries appear most often. 6. We standardized campaign naming conventions across all engines to make them easier to track.
How It Worked
Thanks to the new structure, we were able to better measure the campaigns’ performance, identify top-performing campaigns, and allocate more budget where needed. Our restructuring efforts helped the client achieve some significant improvements, even as soon as they were made during the last six weeks of Q4 of the previous year: • Year –over-year (YOY) sales increased 21%
Case study: retail
YOY cost efficiency improved 19% YOY Conversions increased 34%
During O1 of the following year, a busy time for this client, the client saw these results: • • • YOY sales increased 14% YOY cost efficiency improved 10% YOY Conversions increased 19%