This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
I cannot decide which one I should _________ ? The blue or the red one? (choice) 2. We live in a _________ important country. (culture) 3. I feel _________ when I don not do my homework.(guilt) 4. The film _________ me a lot. It had a really _________ love story.(impression) 5. She is going to _________ Jim soon, but she doesn¶t look happy. (marriage) 6. They have _________ that she is innocent, so she is going to be released.( proof) 7. He is a _________ businessman who loves playing golf. (wealth) 8. My job _________ a lot of patience and hard work.(requirement) 9. Scientists made an _________ on animals to find a cure to cancer.(experimental) 10. Jimmy made a good _________ on me.(impr ess) 11. _________ someone you love is amazing. (married) 12. I was _________ by his achievements in art. ( impress) 13. The new medical _________ was a great success. ( experiment) 14. A happy _________ contributes to success at work. (marry) 15. The midterm exams measure students¶ _________in reading, writing, listening and grammar. (achieve) 16. It is strongly _________ by doctors that people who have insomnia should take sleeping tablets. (recommendation) 17. Larry is researching the _________of childhood on adults¶ psycholo gy, but he hasn¶t come up with anything yet. (affect) 18. In Konya, more than 65% of the land is used for _________ . (agricultural) 19. Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize for his _________ to Quantum Theory. (contribute) 20. It is necessary to _________ the amount of salt in their diet if people want to lose weight. (reduction) 21. Governments should agree to cut _________of nitrogen oxide from power stations as people¶s health is in danger. (emit) 22. It is clear that Mary¶s husband is _________ about his feelings since he has cheated on her several times. (honestly) 23. The latest cancer treatment method has no scientific _________ that it totally cures the disease. (prove) 24. It has been _________ proven that the less you know, the more you think you know .(science) 25. Wheat _________ has decreased in Turkey due to heavy rains. (produce)
26. He had an amazingly _________ five years in which he managed to write four novels.(production) 27. The bank loan has greatly _________ our financial position. (strong) 28. She had the _________ to win the goal medal. (strengthen) 29. The campaign has certainly _________ in raising public awareness of the issue. (success) 30. A number of patients have been _________ treated with the new drug. (success) 31. ³Adios´ is probably the best __________ of ³Goodbye´. (translate) 32. We are going to celebrate the __________ of our first year¶s goals. (achieve) 33. Relaxation can reduce the negative __________ of stress on the immune sys tem. (affect) 34. Turkey¶s economy is mainly __________. (agriculture) 35. This invention made a major __________ to road safety. (contribute) 36. Do you have any ________ that it was John who stole your grandmother¶s diamond ring? (proof) 37. You should ________ sugar if you want to lose weight. (reduction) 38. The students of Yeditepe University are conducting a __________ research. (science) 39. It was _________ of you to leave your little sister alone at home!!! (responsibility) 40. A car is a _________ in this big city. (necessary) 41. There were complaints that the advertisement was ________ to women. (offend) 42. I hate smoking, so I am very _________ of people who smoke. (tolerance) 43. Working with these children ___________ a lot of patience. (requirement)
B) Fill in the blanks with a suitable word from the list. native duty belongings banned miserable backgrounds takes place found
a. He led a _________ life and died in agony. b. _________ guides accompanied us throu gh the rain forests. c. There is a _________ view over the Bosphorus at nights. d. The concert _________ in Arena at 20.00 tonight. e. I had students with different cultural _________ in my class. Some students were from Asia while some others were from the USA: f. You need a lot of money to _________ a new publishing company.
g. Please, do not leave your _________ unattendant in class.
h. Unfortunately, it is your _________ to clean the house when you live alone. i. breathe The dictator _________ all newspapers and books that criticized his regime. commercial - market advise harsh preserve
resident - convince -
amount - evidence
1) If I want your.........................,I will ask for it. 2)We thought the punishment was rather ...............................for such a minor offence. 3)The police have found no .....................of a terrorist link with a murder. 4)They have increased their share of the ............................by 10% over the past year. 5)The local.....................................were angry at the lack of parking spaces. 6)The instructor have told us to ...................................in deeply and then ...........................our slowly. 7)He managed to .... ....................... the jury of his innocence. 8)Storing herbs in glass jars ina cool place helps ................................their essential oils. 9)Ther are more breaks in programs on .........................................TV. 10)The new tax caused a huge ................................. of public anger.
C) Rewrite the sentences. 1.People can communicate with others much more easily thanks to new developments in mobile phone technology. Thanks to __________________________, ________________ _____________ ___much easier. (communication) 2. Little children got shocked when the ball disappeared suddenly. Little children ________________________________________ _____ the ball. (disappearance) 3. Companies advertise in order to attract more customers and persuade them to buy their products. Companies _______________________ _________ so that _______________ _____________. (advertisement)
4. Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray are two big teams that have competed with each other for years. Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray ______________________________ _____for years. (competition) 5. Culturally, Japan and the USA have nothing in common. There are many ___________________________________ between _______________________. (cultural) 6. Is there a possibility that we can live on another planet? Is __________________________________________ _____________planet? (possible) 7. If one does not do sports, s/he cannot have strong muscles. It is impossible _________________________________ unless __________________________ (strengthen) 8. He succeeded in finishing the project without any help. He managed to ____________________________________ although ___________ ___________. (successfully)
9. All the workers have to be careful during the prod uction stage of electrical devices. While ______________________________ any electrical device, all the workers _______________ ____________ ____________________. (produce) 10. It is not easy to translate an advertisement as there can be different expec tations in different communities. One can have ____________________________________________ due to different expectations of different communities. (translation)
Complete the sentences with the correct word from the box. 1. The police are still questioning the two suspects about the ____________ of the little girl two days ago. 2. He had an amazingly __________ five years in which he managed to write four novels. 3. The organization¶s aim is to __________ the cultural ties between Britain and Germany. Two countries will be much closer than ever before.
4. This programme contains language that some viewers might find __________. Therefore, some parts may be removed. 5. It was __________ that everyone survived the accident. Thank God no one was hurt. 6. That was a/an ___________ performance from such a young tennis player. Everybody admired her. 7. A university degree is a minimum __________ for many jobs. In other words, if you want to apply for a job, you should be at least a university graduate. 8. Deciding whom to marry is a difficult __________ to make. 9. People get less ___________ as they get older. It is risky to become pregnant at an old age. 10. The Green Party have called for a substantial reduction in the ___________ of greenhouse gases by the UK. 11. Different ___________ customs such as windowing or polygamy are practiced throughout the world. 12. During a successful career, she had a great amount of __________. She became rich in a short time. 13. In some cities you don¶t feel __________ going out alone at night. It may be very dangerous especially for women to out in such cities. 14. Thanks to the detailed ___________ she gave the police, the police managed to find him quickly. 15. You can try the new drug because it is __________ proven. It was tried and tested by the scientists before it was made available for public use.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.