This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1 Reading Before Proceeding
1.1 Safety Precautions
Please read the safety precautions carefully to ensure the correct use of your mobile phone. Do not crash, throw, or puncture your mobile phone. Avoid the falling, squeezing, and bending of your mobile phone. Do not use your mobile phone in a moist environment, such as the bathroom. Prevent your mobile phone from being soaked or washed in liquid. Do not switch on your mobile phone when it is prohibited to use phones or when the phone may cause interference or danger.
Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
Follow any rules or regulations in hospitals and health care facilities. Switch off your mobile phone near medical apparatus. Switch off your mobile phone in aircraft. The phone may cause interference to control equipment of the aircraft. Switch off your mobile phone near high-precision electronic devices. The phone may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the phone. Do not place your mobile phone or its accessories in containers with a strong electromagnetic field. Do not place magnetic storage media near your mobile phone. Radiation from the phone may erase the information stored on them. Do not put your mobile phone in a high-temperature place or use it in a place with flammable gas such as a gas station.
Keep your mobile phone and its accessories away from children. Do not allow children to use your mobile phone without guidance.
Use only approved batteries and chargers to avoid the risk of explosions.
Observe any laws or regulations on the use of wireless devices. Respect others’ privacy and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Legal Notice
Copyright © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2010. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner reproduce, distribute, modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, reverse engineer, lease, assign, or sublicense the said software, unless such restrictions are prohibited by applicable laws or such actions are approved by respective copyright holders under licenses. Trademarks and Permissions , Ltd. Other trademarks and product, service and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners. WOW HD, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. WOW HD technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. WOW HD™ significantly improves the playback quality of audio, delivering a dynamic 3D entertainment experience with deep, rich bass and high frequency clarity for crisp detail. Notice Some features of the product and its accessories described herein rely on the software installed, capacities and settings of local network, and may not be activated or may be limited by local network operators or network service providers. Thus the descriptions herein may not exactly match the product or its accessories you purchase. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. reserves the right to change or modify any information or specifications contained in this manual without prior notice or obligation. , and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Huawei Technologies Co.,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is not responsible for the legitimacy and quality of any products that you upload or download through this mobile phone, including but not limited to the text, pictures, music, movies, and non-built-in software with copyright protection. Any consequences arising from the installation or usage of the preceding products on this mobile phone shall be borne by yourself. NO WARRANTY THE CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE IN RELATION TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO CASE SHALL HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS, REVENUE, DATA, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. Import and Export Regulations Customers shall comply with all applicable export or import laws and regulations and will obtain all necessary governmental permits and licenses in order to export, re-export or import the product mentioned in this manual including the software and technical data therein.
1 Mobile Phone View 2. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile phone is active. 4 . • Touch to exit any application you are running.2 Key Functions at Your Fingertips • Press to power on your mobile phone. Headset jack Earpiece Camera Volume key Charge/Data port ■ Note: If you apply protective film on the phone. • Touch to hide the keyboard.1. please use the protective film with good transmittance. Touch to open the menu on an active screen. 2.1 Phone at a Glance ■ Note: All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only.2 Getting to Know Your Mobile Phone 2. • Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Touch and hold to show the most recently used applications. • Touch to return to the previous screen. • Touch to return to the Home screen.1.
1 Installing the SIM Card There are two steps to install the SIM card: 1 2 1. • Touch and hold to open Google search by voice. 2. Angle the edge labeled a (with the contacts) into the bottom end of the battery slot. Insert the SIM card.2. Push down the edge labelled b until the battery clicks firmly into place. Remove the battery cover.2 Installing the Battery 1.2. 5 . 2. 2. 2. 2.2 Installing Your Mobile Phone 2.• Touch to open Google search for searching your mobile phone and the web.3 Removing the Battery ■ Note: Do not use a sharply pointed object to remove the battery as this could puncture the battery and allow the release of toxic battery fluid.2.
Red: Battery low. 2.2.2. The phone begins charging. When the battery icon changes to phone is fully charged. Allow the battery to charge for a few minutes with the phone powered off before attempting to power on the phone. ensure that it has been properly inserted into your phone.2. replace the battery with a new one of the same type. the battery icon on the Notification bar shows the charging status. The battery will not hold a charge for the way it did when it was new. Status Indicator Green: Fully charged (when connected to charger). . 1. Using data services increases demand on the battery and will reduce the length of time it can hold a charge. Connect the USB cable to your mobile phone. Connect the USB cable that came with your mobile phone to the charger. When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter than usual after being charged properly. plug in the connector of the charger to an electrical outlet.4 Charging the Battery Before charging the battery. you may not be able to power on your mobile phone immediately after you begin charging the battery. Status Indicator The color of the status indicator tells the battery status of your mobile phone. Then. Orange: Charging in progress (when connected to charger).5 Important Information About the Battery • If the battery has not been used for a long period of time. it indicates that your mobile If your mobile phone is charged when it is powered on. • • 6 . 2.
When your mobile phone is not in use. your phone will power off automatically. Lower the screen brightness.3. Try the following to conserve battery power: • • • • • • • • • • • When you do not need 3G services. 2. 2.3 Powering Off Your Mobile Phone 1. Use the AC adapter to plug your phone into an external power source whenever possible. Reset the time it takes for your screen light to switch off when you leave your phone idle. 7 . Lower the volume. The setup wizard helps you: • Learn about your mobile phone • Create or sign into your account • Make some initial decisions about how you want to use your mobile phone 2.2. When battery power is almost exhausted.• • The time required to charge the battery depends on the ambient temperature and the age of the battery.3. the phone displays a setup wizard to help you set up the phone. 2. Close power-draining programs. Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. Switch off Wi-Fi when you are not using it. ■ Note: If personal identification number (PIN) protection is enabled on your mobile phone. switch off the screen.6 Battery Saving Tips The longevity of battery power depends on the network that you connect to. you will be asked to sign in to your account and set up your mobile phone. When the battery is low on power.3 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone 2. Only make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devices when you need to establish a Bluetooth connection.1 Powering On Your Mobile Phone Press .3. The first time you power on your phone. and how you use your mobile phone. when you do not need them. you must enter your PIN before using the mobile phone. Turn off your phone connection to GPS satellites when you are not using it. Turn off the data service. the phone plays an alert and displays a prompt. set your phone to connect to a 2G network. Turn Bluetooth off when you are not using it.2 Setting Up Your Mobile Phone The first time you power on your mobile phone.
For example. touch the screen and hold down until the menu appears. press receive messages and calls. Drag the lock icon from left to right to unlock the screen. 2. Drag the item to any part of the screen. Press to wake up the screen. you can still If your phone is idle for a while. • • 2. to open the options menu for the active screen. 8 . When the screen is locked.4. You can drag an icon to move or delete it.1 Locking the Screen • • When your phone is on.2 Rotating Your Mobile Phone Screen The orientation of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back again. 2. confirm a selection.5. 3. 2. to lock the screen. Touch Power off.1 Touchscreen Actions • • Touch: Use the touch of your finger to select an item.4. To move an item. 2. the screen will lock automatically.2.5.5 Locking and Unlocking the Screen 2. or start an application. Drag: Touch and hold the desired item with your finger.4 Using the Touchscreen 2. Touch and hold: Touch an item with your finger and continue to press down until your mobile phone responds. Flick: Move your finger either vertically or horizontally across the screen. Touch OK.2 Unlocking the Screen 1.
6.6. reminder. The notification panel also informs you about alarms and settings.6 Home Screen 10:23 Notifications bar: Displays the reminders and status icons of your phone. or event notification. for example. when Call forwarding is activated. 2.■ Note: If you have set up a screen unlock pattern. Open the notification panel to see who the wireless network operator is or to view a message. Touch the left or right dots to switch between the screen. Touch to view all your applications. 2. Touch to open the Browser. you will be prompted to draw the pattern on the screen to unlock it. 9 .1 Notification and Status Icons Call in progress Call forwarding on Missed call GPS connected New voicemail GPRS connected EDGE connected Call in progress using a Bluetooth device Call on hold Connected to a PC Music playing New message GPRS in use EDGE in use 2. Flick down to open the notifications panel. Display area: Shows the operation and display areas of your phone.2 Notification Panel Your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new message or there is an incoming event. Touch to open the Phone application. Screen switching dots: Indicate the number of the screens on the left or right.
the item is ready to be removed. Touch and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands and the mobile phone vibrates. and then flick down to open the notification panel. • Touch Clear to clear all notifications. Moving a Screen Item 1. On the notification panel. Touch and hold the small dots to view thumbnails of the Home screen and its extensions. Touch and hold a blank area on the Home screen until the Add to Home screen menu is displayed. 2. 2. drag the item to the desired position on the screen. 2. 3. 10 . Removing a Screen Item 1. Release the item to remove it from the Home screen. Touch a thumbnail to open the Home screen or its extensions. drag the item to the trash can. 2.Opening the Notification Panel 1.6. Select an item to add it to the Home screen.4 Customizing the Home Screen Adding a New Screen Item 1. Without lifting your finger. 2. Closing the Notification Panel Touch and hold the bottom of the panel. touch and hold the notification bar. 2. When the item and the trash can turn red. Then flick up to close it. and then release it.3 Viewing Other Parts of the Home Screen 10:23 Flick your finger left or right across the Home screen.6. When a new notification icon appears on the notification bar. Touch and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands in size and the mobile phone vibrates. you can do the following: • Touch a notification to open the related application. Without lifting your finger.
2. Insert the microSD card into the card slot as shown in the diagram. Your PC will tell you how to safely disconnect the USB mass storage device (your mobile phone) when you have finished transferring files.7. Your PC will detect the microSD card as a removable disk.3 Removing the microSD Card 1. 2. your mobile phone will not use this memory space. > Wallpaper. 2. 3. and then touch SD card & phone storage > Unmount SD card. 1 2 1. 11 . 2. Remove the battery cover.7. set the microSD card as USB mass storage. On the Home screen. Open the notification bar. Touch Turn on USB storage in the dialog box that opens to confirm that you want to transfer files. 2. you can also insert a microSD card. 1. Scroll down the screen. • Touch Gallery to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper.1 Installing the microSD Card (Optional) Your mobile phone is already equipped with a large-volume built-in eMMC card. touch Do any of the following: • Touch Live wallpapers to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper. You can now transfer files from your PC to your mobile phone’s microSD card.6.7. 2. Carefully remove the microSD card. 2. ■ Note: When your microSD card acts as USB mass storage.2 Using the microSD Card as USB Mass Storage To transfer all your favorite music and pictures from your PC to your mobile phone’s microSD card. 3. • Touch Wallpapers to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper. and then touch USB connected.2. Touch > Settings. If you want to expand your phone memory.5 Changing the Wallpaper 1. Connect your mobile phone to your PC with the USB cable.7 Using a microSD Card 2.
3 Calling To make a phone call. or select a number from Contacts or Call log.2 Making a Call from Contacts 1. on a Web page. 3. you can use the Phone application. 3. touch the Contacts tab.2. flick the notification bar down and touch Current call. touch the contact you want to call. When you are on a call. If you are already working with Phone or Call log.1. touch Dialpad to enter other numbers on the dialpad. 3. If you are already working with Contacts or Call log. Touch > Contacts to display the contact list. 2. 3.1 Making a Call To make a call.1.1 Answering an Incoming Call When you receive a phone call. 3. or in a document. 3. 3. To return to the calling screen.2 Answering or Rejecting a Call 3. you can touch to return to the Home screen and use other functions.1. In the list. Drag the to the right to answer the call. the options menu will open. ■ Note: Do not block the microphone at the bottom of your phone if you want your voice heard. 2. touch the Phone tab. Touch to the right of the log entry to dial. Touch to initiate the call. touch the Call log tab. you can dial a number or touch a number from your contact list. During a call. Touch the appropriate numeric keys to enter the phone number. the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name and number that you have entered in Contacts. 2. you can answer other incoming calls or send them to your voicemail box.3 Making a Call from Call log 1. Touch > Phone to display the dialer. 12 .1 Making a Call with the Phone Application 1. Touch to dial the phone number. When you are on a call. ★ Tip: If you touch and hold a log entry. You can also set up conference calls with several participants. If you are already working with Contacts or Phone.
2 Ending a Call During a call. ■ Note: Contact your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and. touch End to hang up.3 Rejecting an Incoming Call Drag the to the left to reject the call. touch Add call.3 Other Operations During a Call 3. To initiate a conference call.1 Making a Conference Call If you receive a new call while you are already on a call. keep the connection open.2.2. dial the number of the first participant. how many can participate.3. After you have connected to the first participant. 13 . You can also set up a conference call with multiple callers. 3.3. This feature is known as conference calling. 3. if yes. 1. you can connect the second call to the call you are on.
3. Touch Add to contacts in the options menu. 4. 3. Rather than powering off your phone. To add more people. and then repeat steps 2 and 3. or select someone from your Call log or Contacts. The current call is placed on hold and you are connected to the new call. 14 . The first participant is automatically placed on hold while you do this. touch End. you can place it in Airplane mode. Touch and hold the entry you want to add. answer the incoming call.2. If you are already working with Phone or Contacts.2 Switching Between Calls If you receive a new call while you are already on a call. 2. While you are on the first call and the second call comes in. 1. 2. 3. touch Merge calls to begin the conference call.4 Using Call log The Call log contains a list of calls that you have dialed. 5.4.3. or missed. 1. touch Add call. Touch Airplane mode in the options menu. Press and hold .5 Using Airplane Mode Some locations may require you to turn off your phone’s wireless connections. you can switch between the two calls. and then touch Swap. You can use the call log to reference a recently called number quickly or add an incoming number to your contact list. touch the Call log tab. To end the conference call and disconnect everyone. Once you have connected to the second person. Touch Create new contact or scroll through the contact list and touch an existing contact name. 4.1 Adding an entry to Contacts 1. received. 3. Enter the phone number of the next person you want to join the conversation and touch . 3. 2. 3.
and then touch the star to the right of the contact’s name.1 Opening the Contacts Application If you have a new mobile phone and have not yet added any contacts. 4. contacts with matching names appear below the search box. Touch a contact. Enter the name of the contact you wish to search for. 3. As you type.5 Editing a Contact You can make changes to the information you have stored for a contact at any time. touch > Search. In the contact list. Select the contacts you want to import or touch > Import all to import all contacts. The star turns gold. touch > Import/Export. After you save contact information on your mobile phone.4 Searching for a Contact 1. 4. Touch Import from SIM card. Enter the contact's name. In the contact list.4 Contacts The Contacts application enables you to save and manage information such as phone numbers and addresses of your contacts. 4. 2. When you are finished. In the contact list.3. you have easy access to the people with whom you want to communicate.2 Importing Contacts from a SIM Card 1. 4. Then touch Add to favorites.3 Adding a Contact 1. 4. 15 . touch Done to save the contact information. touch > New contact. touch the account to which you want to add the contact. 3. 4. 4. touch the account into which you want to import the contacts. and then add detailed information such as phone number or address. Touch > Contacts to open the Contacts application. All of your contacts are displayed alphabetically in a list that you can scroll through. 2.1 Adding a Contact to Your Favorites • • Touch and hold the contact you want to add to Favorites. 4. 2. Contacts displays a message with hints on how to start adding contacts to your mobile phone. If you have more than one account on your phone. If you have more than one account with contacts. Wait for the SIM card contents to be loaded.
2.6. Touch OK to confirm that you want to delete the contact. the applications on your phone. and the accounts you have. 4. You can also open details to view a list of all the ways you can communicate with that contact.7 Deleting a Contact 1.6 Communicating with Your Contacts From the Contacts or Favorites tab. 16 . and then touch Delete contact in the options menu. 2.6. touch Revert. To cancel all of your changes. phone number. you can quickly call or send a text (SMS) or multimedia message (MMS) to a contact’s default phone number. In the contacts list. 4. email address. 4. ■ Note: The icons available depend on the information you have entered for the contact.2 Communicating with a Contact 1. or any other information you recorded earlier. 4.1. 2. touch the contact that you want to communicate with. touch the icon to the right of the number to call or send messages. touch and hold the contact whose details you want to edit. 3. Make the desired changes to the contact information. This section describes how to communicate with a contact when you view your contacts list. In the contacts list. touch and hold the contact that you want to delete. In the contacts list. and then touch Done. Touch the icon for the way you want to communicate with the contact. On the contact’s details screen. Touch the category of contact information you wish to change: name. 2.1 Connecting Through Quick Contact for Android 1. Touch the contact's picture or picture frame (if you have not assigned a picture to the contact) to open Quick Contact for Android. and then touch Edit contact in the options menu.
Touch to insert a space. 17 . Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type.1. ★ Tip: Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input to turn on or turn off voice input. Touch to hide the keyboard. 5. In others. Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor. Touch to enter text by voice. Touch the space where you want to write text to display the keyboard.2 Using the Android Keyboard q w e r t y u i o p k l DEL a s d f g h j z x c v b n m ?123 . 5. ★ Tip: Touch and hold the space where you usually write your text to open the options menu. Select the input method. Touch and hold for all caps. touch a text field to open the keyboard. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch and hold the space where you enter your text until the Edit text menu is displayed. 3. Next Touch to delete a character to the left of the cursor.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel To enter text. use the onscreen keyboard. The keyboard panel will be displayed automatically.1.5 Using the Onscreen Keyboard 5. Some applications open the keyboard automatically. Touch Input method.1 Choosing an Input Method 1. 2.
Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM ’ ’ . To enter apostrophes in common words drag through the ‘n’. ’ 1 ’ . Touch and hold to get helpful tips. :) Touch to delete a character to the left of the cursor. To enter double letters. 18 . just drag your finger over the letters in the word. Touch to insert a space. :) EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . go above the keypad. :) I’ll To capitalize. Select an input method to customize the keyboard settings. 2. The screen will display the keyboard in landscape orientation. Touch twice for all caps. 5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings 18.104.22.168 Using the Landscape Keyboard If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use. Touch to get swype functions.1. providing you with a wider keyboard layout. 5. ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM bay To enter a word. Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM ’ ’ . Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard. turn your mobile phone sideways. EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # 1 t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . circle the letter.3 Using the Swype Keyboard EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # 1 t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor.
1. Adding a Slideshow If you want to attach more than one file to your message. Touch Attach > Slideshow. 6. Your mobile phone is now in multimedia message mode. music. 3. Enter a phone number in the To field. 6. On the message editing screen. You can record a message and send it as an audio file. 2. ★ Tip: If you want to enter a smiley face.2 Creating and Sending a Text Message 1. 2. The message list opens.1 SMS and MMS 6. 19 . The possibilities are endless. and then touch Insert smiley. Once you are done. followed by the message you just sent. a message thread is created. With the Email application you can read and send emails. 3. 1. • Touch Add subject to add the message subject. Responses appear in the window. Touch to display the options panel. Touch the composition text box to start entering your message. As you enter the phone number. or send a slideshow of photographs of a special event.1 Opening Messaging Touch > Messaging. Touch and touch More > Add slide to add more slides. Touch > Messaging > New message.1. sing 'Happy Birthday' and send it to friend. matching contacts appear. 2. Touch > Messaging > New message. touch 4. 1. 3. Touch the composition text box to start entering your message. touch to display the options panel.1. • Touch Attach to add a picture. touch Send. use the Slideshow option. 6. . 4.6 Messaging The Messaging application allows you to exchange text messages (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS) with anyone using an SMS-or-MMS-capable phone. As you view and send additional messages. or video file. When the message is ready to be sent.3 Creating and Sending a Multimedia Message You can use multimedia messages to make everyday communications very special. touch Send. and then select a slide to start editing it. 5. Enter a phone number in the To field. You can touch a suggested recipient or continue entering the phone number. and your name appears in the list.
6.2 Email Your mobile phone also puts email at your fingertips. 3.5 Replying to a Message 1. Touch the multimedia message to view the message. or other popular email services on your phone. you must configure an email account.2. Touch Done. you can use your email account with Yahoo!. In the message list. 6. and then touch on the accounts screen. You can work with the same email service that you use on your PC or you can select another email service. AOL. 1.4. Touch > Email. 2. Enter the account name and the name you want other people to see when they receive an email from you. and then touch Add account to create another email 20 . touch the message thread you wish to view. After creating your initial email account. To alter your multimedia message. When the message is ready to be sent. Contact your email service provider for this information. 6. however. touch Accounts to access the accounts screen. Touch account. A number of popular email systems are supported. If. ■ Note: If you choose to set up your account manually. touch Send. on the Inbox screen. Or touch Manual setup if you want to set the mail server yourself. and then touch Settings to customize the message settings. Touch Done to finish composing your message and return to the multimedia message screen. answer the onscreen prompts. In the message list. With your phone’s Email application. 6.4 Opening and Viewing a Multimedia Message 1. the Email application has not been used for a period of time.1. and then touch Next. 2. touch a text or multimedia message thread to open it. After the initial setup. 2.6 Customizing the Message Settings In the message list. Touch the text box to compose your message.1 Adding an Email Account When using the Email application for the first time. Adding Other Email Accounts 1. To customize your email settings. it displays the contents of your Inbox or the accounts screen (if you have more than one account). your Email opens to the screen you were viewing the last time the application was opened.1. touch . 4. 6. and then touch Send. touch Edit on the multimedia message screen. 5. you will need the correct parameters for the account. 2. The Email setup wizard helps you set up your account.1.
2. Touch Reply or Reply all to reply to the email message.★ Tip: When adding an additional email account. On the accounts screen. including how often you check for emails.2 Viewing an Email Message 1. Notification settings. 21 . 2. and details about the servers the account uses to send and receive mails.2. 3. You can enter the necessary details manually.3 Creating and Sending an Email Message 1. touch and hold the email account you want to change. Touch OK. enter the name or the email address. If you are not ready to send the message. On the Inbox screen. how you are notified of a new mail. touch and hold the email account you want to delete. Touch > Email. 6. touch the email account you want to use.2. and then touch Compose in the options panel.4 Replying to an Email Message 1. 2. touch the email account you want to use. or Server settings. On the accounts screen. and then touch Add attachment. 4. 1. to save the 6. On the accounts screen. 2. 6. 3.5 Deleting an Email Account 1. 2. touch . touch . Change General settings. In the To field. When you are finished.6 Changing Email Account Settings You can change a number of settings for an account. 6. you have the option to use the new account to send all outgoing messages. Touch Account settings. On the accounts screen. although you may need to contact your email service provider to obtain the correct information for the account. 4. Touch the email message you want to reply to. touch Send. To send an attachment with the message.2. Touch Remove account. and then touch the message that you want to view. Enter the subject of your message and compose the message. 2. touch the email account you want to use. touch Save as draft or touch message as a draft. 3.2. Access a folder. ■ Note: Your account’s incoming and outgoing settings depend on the kind of email service you are using. 5. 3. On the accounts screen. 6.
enter the password. 2. Touch Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings. Note that the SIM card must be inserted. touch > Settings. After turning on Wi-Fi.2 Wi-Fi Wi-Fi gives you wireless access to broadband Internet access. 7.7 Getting Connected 7. Touch Wireless & networks. 3. and then touch Connect. To use Wi-Fi on your mobile phone. you will not be prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. and then select the Wi-Fi check box to turn on Wi-Fi. you need to have an access to wireless access points (hotspots). Touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. For this reason. Touch > Settings. 7.1.1 Checking the Network Connection 1.2 Connecting to a Wireless Network 1. otherwise. ★ Tip: On the Wi-Fi settings screen. Touch > Settings.2. • If you select a network that is secured with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and connect to it for the first time. Touch Network operators or Access Point Names to check the network connection. touch Add Wi-Fi network to add a new Wi-Fi network. ■ Note: Your mobile phone will automatically read the access point of the SIM card. do not change the parameters of the access point.2 Turning on the Data Service 1. 22 .2. Touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks.1 GPRS/3G Your mobile phone will be automatically configured to use your wireless service provider’s GPRS/ 3G/EDGE service (if available) when you turn on the phone for the first time.1 Turning On Wi-Fi 1. Obstacles that block the Wi-Fi signal will reduce its strength. You will see a list of detected Wi-Fi networks in the Wi-Fi networks section. you might not be able to access network sources. Select the Data enabled check box to turn on the data connection. Touch a Wi-Fi network to connect to it.1. 2. 7. 3. 2. 7. 3. 7. If you connect to a secured wireless network that you have already used.
you may need to prepare your computer to establish a network connection via USB. by turning your phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. 7. You can share your mobile phone's data connection with devices at the same time. Touch > Settings. Connect a USB cable to a computer. Open the drivers > usbnet_driver_win2k_xp folder and double-click the link DownloadActiveSync.1 Installing the USB tethering Drive If your computer is running Windows 7 or a recent distribution of some flavors of Linux (such as Ubuntu). 3. Touch > Settings.url. you may need to prepare your computer to establish a network connection via USB. you are able to use USB tethering. 1. 7. But if you are running an earlier version of Windows or another operating system. 2.3 Sharing Your Phone’s Data Connection You can share your mobile phone's data connection with a single computer via a USB cable: USB tethering.7. ★ Tip: When Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is selected. 4. 7.4 Browser Your mobile phone comes with a browser. Select the USB tethering check box to share your data connection. 3.2 Sharing Your Phone’s Data Connection as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot 1. 2. Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.1 Opening the Browser Touch > Browser to open the home page. Install the USB tethering drive in the following steps: 1. 2. Sharing Your Phone’s Data Connection via USB To use USB tethering in different operating systems. You can use Browser to access and browse the Internet.3. 23 . 3. you can touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings to change its network name or secure it. 7. Select the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot check box to share your data connection. ★ Tip: Your browser supports Flash applications.3. ■ Note: You can not share your mobile phone’s data connection and SD card via USB at the same time. Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.5 or a later version.4. After the installation. Download and install ActiveSync 4. you typically do not need to prepare your computer for tethering.
and then touch OK. Touch . 3. touch . 2. 7.4. 7. matching web page addresses will appear on the screen. 24 .2 Opening a Web Page 1. Use the keyboard to enter the web page address. downloading. In a browser window.4. 2. In a browser window. • Bookmarks: Touch to display bookmarks. Opening a Bookmark 1. touch .4. Enter the address of the desired home page. 7. You can switch to another web page or open a new web page on this screen. On the Bookmarks screen. and then touch Bookmarks. • Refresh: Touch to refresh the current page. Open the browser options menu and perform one of the following operations. touch the URL field at the top of the screen. touch : • New window: Touch to open a new window. In the browser screen. your phone will preferably select a Wi-Fi network for internet access. Adding a Bookmark 1. 2. 3. touch it and go directly to that web page or complete entering the address of the web page you want. or setting options. go to the web page you want to save as a bookmark. privacy. If you see the address you want. • Windows: Touch to go to the web preview screen.5 Customizing the Browser Settings Customize the browser to suit your browsing style. You can touch address by voice. Use Browser to set page content. In a browser screen.4 Managing Bookmarks You can store as many bookmarks as you want on your mobile phone. and security preferences. Or touch the Most visited tab to view the pages you have visited most frequently. 7. touch .★ Tip: When the known or open Wi-Fi networks and the mobile networks are present at the same time. and then touch Bookmarks > Add. selecting text. • More: Touch to open other menus and perform operations such as searching. Touch the bookmark of the website you want to open. 2. Edit the bookmark name as needed and then touch OK. to enter the web page As you enter the address.4. Touch More > Settings > Set home page. In a browser window. • Forward: Touch to browse the next web page.3 Setting a Home Page 1. touch the History tab to view the pages you have visited. The add bookmark screen opens. 3. and then touch More > Settings.
5. 25 . 4. 2. Touch Bluetooth settings. 3. Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings. videos. Be aware that obstacles like walls or other electronic equipment may interfere with your Bluetooth connection. 7. 2. which allows you to create a wireless connection with other Bluetooth devices so you can share files with your friends. Before you use Bluetooth. Ensure that the Bluetooth function on your mobile phone is enabled. • Object Push Profile (OPP): allows you to transfer files through Bluetooth.2 Pairing and Connecting a Bluetooth Device Your mobile Bluetooth lets you do the following: • Hands Free Profile (HFP): allows you to use a hands-free Bluetooth device. • Headset Profile (HSP): allows you to use a mono Bluetooth headset. Touch and hold the file to be sent. 2. and then touch Bluetooth to select a paired device.5. Touch > Settings. If you are using Bluetooth. • A/V Remote Control Profile (AVRCP): allows you to control what plays through the Bluetooth headset remotely. you can share pictures. you need to pair your mobile phone with another Bluetooth device as follows: 1. Touch Wireless & networks.4 Disconnecting or Unpairing a Bluetooth Device 1. The active options menu is displayed. Enter the pairing password to complete the connection. Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings. do as follows: 1. 3. 7. When Bluetooth is turned on. and then select the Discoverable to make your mobile phone visible to other Bluetooth devices. 7. 2. You can also just touch a connected device to disconnect it. 3. Your mobile phone will then scan for Bluetooth devices in range. or even transfer photos on your phone to your PC.3 Sending Files via Bluetooth With Bluetooth. talk hands-free with a Bluetooth headset. Touch Share. 7. To send files via Bluetooth. remember to stay within 10 meters (33 feet) of other Bluetooth devices. Touch Unpair to disconnect the device. Navigate to the Bluetooth devices section. • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): allows you to use a stereo Bluetooth headset. and then touch and hold the connected device.1 Turning On Bluetooth 1. Touch the device you want to pair with your mobile phone.5.5 Bluetooth Your mobile phone has Bluetooth. and then select the Bluetooth check box to turn on Bluetooth.7. the Bluetooth icon appears in the notification bar. or music files with your family and friends.5.
1 Opening Your Camera • • Touch > Camera to open the camera. drag down to take photos. The camera opens in landscape mode. 8. The preview changes as you change the settings. 26 .1. You can take photos. The photo you just took is displayed for a moment. Touch to preview the photos or videos. the image is in focus. your mobile phone also provides you with a multitude of entertainment possibilities. Touch to take a 5 photo. 4. Open your camera and switch to the camera mode. 8. 8.8 Entertainment In addition to being a communication device and personal assistant. After taking a photo. On the capture screen. 3. When the frame turns green. to take your photo. Touch to close the camera. touch to show the capture panel. change the camera settings. ready to take a picture or record a video.1.3 Viewing Your Photos 1. create videos and audio clips. Compose your photo within the photo capture screen.1. 8. Touch and hold Release . and download and listen to music.1 Taking Photos and Recording Videos The camera is a combination of camera and camcorder that you can use to shoot and share pictures and videos. Capture Screen Thumbnail of last 3 photo. You can take another photo or preview your photos. 5. Drag up to record videos. Touch to customize the camera settings.2 Taking a Photo 1. a thumbnail of the photo you have just taken is shown in the upper right corner of the capture screen. If necessary. 2. Touch the thumbnail to view it.
2. When you rotate your mobile phone. • Touch Delete to delete the video. When viewing a picture. the picture adjusts itself to the rotation. Open the camera. Then the zoom panel appears. In the Gallery. 2. • Touch More > Set as to set a picture as contact icon or wallpaper. 3. change the camcorder settings. touch to display the operations panel.3 Rotating a Picture 1. If you want to view more videos. The Gallery application categorizes your pictures and videos by storage location and stores these files in folders. 2.2 Viewing a Picture 1. and then switch to camcorder mode. 3. 8.1. Frame the scene which you want to start your video. a thumbnail of the video you have just recorded is shown in the upper right corner of the Capture screen. Touch the screen. Touch a folder to view the pictures or videos inside. • Touch Delete to delete the photo. Touch the picture to view it in full-screen mode. 5.2.2. Touch Touch to start recording a video.4 Recording a Video 1. If necessary. to stop recording. flick your finger left or right across the screen. Touch the thumbnail to view it. Touch the onscreen button to do any of the following: • Touch Share to send the photo in a message or post it online. 8. 8. touch the folder that contains the pictures you want to view. 8.5 Viewing Your Videos 1. You can zoom in or zoom out on the picture. 2. 8.1 Opening the Gallery Touch > Gallery to open the viewer. watch videos. ★ Tip: The picture viewer supports the automatic rotation function. After recording a video. view and edit pictures.1.2. 27 . 8. 4. and set a picture as wallpaper or as a photo for a contact. Use Gallery to sort photos and videos into folders.2 Using the Gallery Your Gallery application can automatically search for pictures and videos on your mobile phone and microSD card. On the video playing screen. touch the controls to skip forward or back or to play or pause the video. Touch the onscreen button to do any of the following: • Touch Share to send the video in a message or post it online. 3.
touch . 2. The picture is saved with the new orientation.3 Enjoying Music You can download music files to your PC or insert a CD and copy the files to your microSD card so you can listen to music on your mobile phone. Disconnect the mobile phone from the PC. touch > Crop. • Drag a corner of the cropping tool to resize the image without changing the length to width ratio. to use another application. select the song you want to add to the playlist. unmount or eject the drive as required by your PC’s operating system to safely remove the mobile phone.2. Create a folder in the root directory of the microSD card (for example. It contains four tabs: Artists. Touch More. To return to the music controls. 5. 28 . When viewing a picture. Copy the music from your computer to the folder you have created. Albums.3 Playing Music 1.2. Select either Rotate Left or Rotate Right. Your music continues to play.3. navigate to the USB drive and open it. Touch Discard to discard the changes.3. • Drag an edge of the cropping tool to resize the image.1 Copying Music to the microSD Card 1. The Music application organizes your music files by storage location. On the PC. 8. 2. 3. 3. 8. 2. After copying music. Touch a category on the music library screen. Touch a category on the music library screen. In the list that appears. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and mount the microSD card.4 Cropping a Picture 1. 8. 8. Touch Save to save the cropped picture. and then touch More Use the cropping tool to select the portion of the picture to crop. 3.3. Songs and Playlists. 8. 4.2 Opening the Media Library Touch > Music to display the media library.4 Adding Music to a Playlist 1. Music).3. to display the more operations panel. Touch the song you want to play. ★ Tip: When you are listening to music. • Drag from the inside of the cropping tool to move it. 8. 2. 6. open the notification panel and then touch the song.
• Touch New to create a playlist and add the song to it. and then touch Add to playlist in the options menu. Touch the Playlists tab on the music library screen. Touch and hold the playlist you want to play. 2. Touch Play to play the playlist. • Touch Current playlist to add the song to an existing playlist. 29 . Touch and hold the song. 3. 8.5 Playing a Playlist 1.3.3.
and then enter the answer. and then touch Next. and then touch Accounts. 9. If the username you entered is already in use.2 Using Gmail\Google Mail Gmail\Google Mail is Google’s web-based email service. The Inbox mail list appears. touch a Google services such as Talk.9 Google Services ■ Note: Availability of Google applications. touch I agree. ■ Note: Ensure that your mobile phone has an active data connection (3G/GPRS) before you sign in to your Google account. your Inbox will contain the messages from your Gmail\Google Mail account on the web. Next. 9. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time.2. 3. Gmail\Google Mail. and touch Add account to select which type of accounts you want to add. 30 . Touch Create. services. 9.1 Opening Gmail\Google Mail Touch > Gmail\Google Mail. Enter the characters that appear on the screen.1 Creating a Google Account If you do not have a Google account. 7. Enter and confirm your Google account password. touch Sign in and enter your username and password. In the mail list. you can create one: 1. go to the Accounts & sync settings screen. If you already have a Google account. After reading the setup information. Please follow the local laws and regulations to use them. 5. and you will be prompted to sign in to your Google account. touch Next. last name.2 Switching Between Accounts 1. and user name for your Google account. Enter a first name. you may have configured it to use an existing Gmail\Google Mail account or create a new account. you will be prompted to choose another one or select one from a list. When the Google Terms of Service screen appears. touch . 2. Touch Create. When you first set up your phone. The mobile phone will connect to the Google server to check whether the username is available. and features may vary according to your country or carrier. The first time you open the Gmail\Google Mail application on your phone. Any emails you decide to keep on your mobile phone will go to your Inbox folder. Select a security question from the drop down menu. and then touch Next.2. or Market. ★ Tip: To use another Google account. 8. 4. 9. 6.
9. and then touch Add Cc/Bcc.3 Using Talk Talk is Google’s instant messaging service. touch you want to attach. If you are sending the email to several recipients. touch . touch Mail.2. or Forward. separate the email addresses with commas. and then touch Reply. In the mail list. touch the email that you want to reply to or forward.3 Creating and Sending an Email 1. and then touch More > Settings to customizing your Gmail\Google 9. In the mail list. 2. touch . 4.4 Replying To or Forwarding an Email 1. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people using Talk on a phone or on the web. specify the message recipients and add any additional text you want to include with the forwarded message. 31 . 4. 9. Touch the account that contains the email you want to read. ■ Note: Your Talk account is based on the Google account you set up with your mobile phone. 9. Enter the email subject and write your message.2. enter your message. After composing your email. . and then touch Attach to select the picture 9.6 Customizing Your Gmail\Google Mail Settings In the mail list. Enter the message recipient’s email address in the To field. 2.2. In the mail list. Do one of the following: • If you selected Reply or Reply all.2. and then touch 9.5 Searching for an Email 1. Enter the search keywords in the box. . Touch . and then touch Compose.2. 2. touch > Send. .1 Opening Talk Touch > Talk to open the application. 3. 3. Reply all. If you want to send a copy (Cc) or a blind copy (Bcc) of the email to other recipients. touch .3. and then touch Search. • If you selected Forward. If you want to add a picture attachment. Touch > Send. You can add as many message recipients as you want.
select Silent. and then touch . IM notifications Select ringtone Vibrate 9. 9. touch .5 Setting Notifications for New Instant Messages Whenever you receive an instant message.4. 3. and then touch Sign out to quit Talk. To turn the ringtone off.3. To set up one of these handy notifications. your mobile phone can play a sound.1 Enabling Location Source Before you open Maps to find your location or search for places of interest. Touch to choose the ringtone used for a new instant message. Use the onscreen keyboard to enter text and chat with your friend. Now choose from one of the following: Select the check box to receive a notification on the notification bar when you receive an instant message. After entering your message. traffic. In the friends list. touch a friend's name in the friends list. . You will hear a short sample of the ringtone when you select it. or other kind of map. Then touch Settings. start in the friends list.2 Adding a Friend 1. 9. Select the check box to make your mobile phone vibrate when you receive a new instant message. touch Touch Send invitation. and then touch Add friend. you must enable "location source".6 Signing Out of Talk In the friends list screen. 2. 9. vibrate. In the friends list. this information will appear in the friends list. touch Send.3. 32 .3 Accepting an Invitation 1. view real-time traffic conditions (depending on availability in your locale).3. 3.4 Starting a Chat 1. Enter the Talk instant messaging ID or Google email address of the friend you want to add.9.3.4 Using Maps Maps lets you find your current location. 2.3. Touch a pending invitation. 2. and get detailed directions to various destinations on a satellite. and then touch Accept. or display an icon. 9. 9. If you have invited anyone to chat or if someone else has invited you to chat.
and then touch the Search icon. The videos will be grouped into categories.1 Opening YouTube Touch > YouTube. On the map. touch . You will then see the YouTube screen. select the Use wireless networks check box. 9. Enter the starting point in the first text box.3 Searching for Places of Interest 1. 9. touch .5 Using YouTube YouTube is Google’s free online video streaming service for viewing. On the YouTube screen. 3. Touch the icon for car. and then touch Search. Touch Go.2 Opening Maps Touch > Maps to open the application. and uploading videos. 4. While viewing a map. Top rated.5. Touch > Settings. do one of the following: • While viewing a list of videos.5. touch and hold a video entry. and more. Enter a search keyword.4. 3.2 Searching for a Video 1. In the My Location section. 2. 2. 33 . 9. touch > Clear map to reset the map.4 Getting Directions 1. 9. 3. Most discussed. 2. Your search results will then be displayed. Scroll through the results and touch a video to watch it. 9.4. 3. You will see a number of search results displayed below the notification bar. Touch a direction item on the list to show it on the map. Touch Location & security. 9. Enter the place you want to search for in the search box. Use GPS satellites check box. Touch a place you are interested in and the application will show where it is on the map.5.4. searching for. 5. touch . and then touch the Search icon. and then enter your destination in the second text box. or walking directions. When you finish viewing or following the directions. On the YouTube screen.3 Sharing a Video 1. 2. and then touch Directions. public transit. or both. such as Most viewed. and then touch Search. 9.1. 6. Your directions will appear in a list. and then touch Share on the options menu.
4. To stop an item from downloading. and then select the Unknown sources check box to allow installation of the non-Market application. whichever is displayed. overall rating. Touch > Market. List of applications by category: Includes subcategories.6. and then touch Uninstall. including: • • • • • Featured applications. . touch Apps. the content download icon appears in the notification bar. 9. 3. When prompted. 2. touch Downloads. touch > Settings > Applications. 9. or send the developer an email.6. 34 . 3. and then touch the item you want to download. Compose a message if you like. Touch Accept to continue. touch Cancel download. touch Install (if the item is free) or Buy. open the notification panel. address the email. To install the item. link to the developer's website. 9. and then touch Share. 9. 9. On the item details screen.2 Searching for Applications There are a few different ways to find applications on the Market home screen. After the application has been downloaded and installed on your mobile phone.• While watching a video. touch 2. the Android Market Terms of Service window will appear. read more about the application. List of games.6 Using Market Android Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download and install on your phone. To check the progress of a download.6. 2. In the Market. If you scroll down to the About the developer section. and send it. and user comments. Touch the application you want to uninstall. 6. On the Market screen.6. including its cost. which you can sort by popularity (most to least) or by date (newest to oldest).4 Uninstalling an Application 1. you can see other applications from the same developer.3 Installing an Application ■ Note: If you want to install a non-Market application. 2. Search function.1 Opening Market 1. 1. Your downloads. When you open Market for the first time. Touch a category. Most applications are installed within seconds. touch OK to remove the application from your mobile phone. 5.
and then touch OK.4. 35 . Choose the reason for removing the application.
1. you may need to obtain account details from an IT support. 5. If you add. For example. 10. The process occurs in the background and does not interfere with use of your mobile phone. to name the account. 3. contacts. settings. While it is presented as a single contact entry. you can start by adding your personal Google account.2 Removing an Account You can remove an account. a data synchronization icon will be shown in the notification bar. including email. you may be asked to configure what kind of data you want to sync to the mobile phone. change. 4. You cannot. Configure the account.10 Synchronizing Information Some applications on your mobile phone give you access to the same personal information that you can add. Most accounts require a username and password. When you are finished. you may add multiple Google accounts or other accounts. 36 . Depending on the kind of account. Touch Add account.1 Adding an Account When you add an account. so your workrelated emails and work contacts are handy. and for other details. view. email. Touch > Settings > Accounts & sync. 10. the account is added to the list in the Accounts & sync settings screen. 1. the updated information also appears on your mobile phone. but the details depend on the kind of account and the configuration of the service to which you are connecting. On the Accounts & sync settings screen. remove some accounts. If you attempt to remove certain accounts. deleting it and all information associated with it from your mobile phone. You could then add a work account. the contact data itself is not merged. all personal information associated with it will be deleted. The screen displays your current synchronization settings and a list of your current accounts. so your personal email. If you like. and other information on your mobile phone with multiple Google accounts or other kinds of accounts. and edit on your computer. and so on. contacts. ■ Note: In some cases. however.1 Managing Your Accounts You can synchronize contacts. When your phone is synchronizing. such as the first account you signed into on the mobile phone. Contacts compares contacts from the newly synchronized account with contacts from your existing mobile phone accounts and attempts to merge duplicates into a single entry in Contacts. you may need to know the account’s domain or server address. 1. 2. and calendar are always available. 10. This is made possible through over-the-air data synchronization. Follow the onscreen steps to enter the required and optional information about the account. depending on the applications installed on your mobile phone. Touch the kind of account to add.1. or delete your information in any of these applications on the web. touch the account to delete. For example.
Touch Remove account. 2. Select or clear the check box of information you want to synchronize to the mobile phone.2. Calendar stops synchronizing events. • Select or clear the Auto-sync check box to control whether changes you make to information on the phone or on the web are automatically synchronized with each other. Gmail\Google Mail stops receiving new mail. changes that you make in Contacts on the phone are automatically made in Google Contacts on the web. Confirm that you want to remove the account. touch the account whose synchronization settings you want to change.2. synchronizing is two-directional. Some accounts support only one-way synchronize. 10. For example. the information on your mobile phone is read-only. until you touch the Refresh menu item or send an email. For some accounts. changes that you make to the information on your mobile phone are made to the copy of that information on the web. 37 .2. do the following: • Select or clear the Background data check box to control whether applications and services can transmit data when you are not working with them directly (that is. displaying a list of the kinds of information the account can synchronize. 10. The data and synchronization screen opens. when they are running in the background). 10.2 Changing an Account’s Synchronization Settings 1. If you clear this option. 3. and so on.1 Configuring General Sync Settings On the Accounts & sync settings screen. 3.2 Customizing Your Account Synchronization You can configure background data use and synchronization options for all the applications on your phone. You can also configure what kind of data you synchronize for each account. Selected items are configured to synchronize to your mobile phone. when this option is selected. On the Accounts & sync settings screen.
and appointments. or Month view. and then specify in Repetition whether the event recurs and.3 Setting an Event Reminder 1. 38 . if it does. If you have more than one calendar. On any calendar view. touch and hold an empty time slot.1. touch . touch From and To to set the beginning and end times of the event. 11. • If there is a time frame for the event. Touch the Add reminder button to add a reminder. Touch Done. Week. how frequently. and then select the All day check box. 2. select the calendar where you want to save the event. Set the time of your event reminder in Reminders. 3. 7. set the date for From and To. meetings. . touch . Then touch More > Settings. 4.4 Customizing the Calendar Settings On any calendar view. touch an event to view its details or an event summary. 11. and then touch New event. 11. 3. Then touch New event to open the Event details screen. 6. • If the event is a special occasion such as a birthday or a day-long activity. Enter email addresses to invite guests to the event. the calendar on your phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you use.1 Using the Calendar Use Calendar to create and manage events. 2.1 Opening the Calendar Touch ★ Tip: To access Google calendar. > Calendar to open the application.1. When the time comes.11 Using Other Applications 11. 11. A new event details screen will appear with the selected time slot and date in the From and To fields. Depending on your synchronization settings. Touch the reminder time.1. 5. touch Enter the event name. ★ Tip: To quickly create an event in the Day. and then touch More > Calendars. Or touch the reminder’s “-” button to delete an existing reminder. Enter the location of the event and a description.2 Creating an Event 1. On any calendar view. and then touch the length of time before the event when you want to be reminded.1. you will receive a notification about the event.
4. 7. touch Adding an Alarm 1. On the alarm list screen. 11. 11. Customizing Alarm Settings On the alarm list screen. 11. or to turn off event notifications on your mobile phone.2 Using the Clock In addition to displaying the date and time.1 Opening the Calculator Touch > Calculator to open the application. the Clock application displays information about the weather and your phone.• • • • • Hide declined events: Select to hide events for which you have declined invitations.3. 11. Touch Repeat to set the days when you want the alarm to sound.2. 2.3 Using the Calculator Use the calculator to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more complex equations. Select ringtone: Touch to select the ringtone to sound when you receive an event reminder. send you a notification. in addition to playing the ringtone. On the alarm list screen. along with your local weather and other useful information. 3. Vibrate: Select to vibrate the mobile phone when you receive an event notification. Touch Label to enter a name for the alarm. touch . and then touch Done.2 Opening the Alarms On the Clock screen. Clock opens with the date and time displayed on your Home screen wallpaper. touch Add alarm. Select the Vibrate check box to have the phone vibrate. to open the Alarms. touch one of the alarms on the screen. Touch Time to set the time of the alarm.1 Opening the Clock Touch > Clock to open the application. 5. You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an alarm clock. Set the alarm. Touch Done. Default reminder time: Touch to select the default time before an event for event reminders to occur. Touch Ringtone to select a ringtone for the alarm. 11. and then touch Settings.2. Setting an Alarm 1. 2. Set alerts & notifications: Touch to set event reminders to alert you. 6. 39 .
and then touch Add note to create a note. and delete notes.11. You can add. edit. . 2.2 Switching to the Advanced panel On the Calculator screen. 1.4 Using the Note pad Note pad features a simple text processor and lists all notes in a linear structure. 40 .3. 11. flick the screen to the right or left to switch between Advanced panel and Basic panel. 3. to save the note. Touch Touch Touch > Note pad to open the application.
Select the duration you want the screen to be illuminated. On the Settings screen. Touch Select date format to select how you want the date to display on your mobile phone. you cannot manually set the date. touch Touch Set when the configuration is complete.2 Setting the Display 12. 3. 3. 1. or right to make it brighter.12 Managing Your Mobile Phone To configure your mobile phone.1 Setting the Date and Time By default. 12. time zone.1 Turning On Silent Mode 1. On the Settings screen. Select or clear the Use 24-hour format check box to switch between 24-hour format and 12hour format. 12. and music and video media sound. On the set time screen. Scroll the list to view more time zones. Clear the Automatic check box. On the Settings screen. or to adjust the hour and minute. do the following: 1. 6. 5. 2. and then touch Set when the configuration is complete. and time provided by the network.2. Select the Silent mode check box to silence all sounds except alarms. ■ Note: When your mobile phone is using date and time settings provided automatically by the network. touch Display > Screen timeout. 2. month. touch Display > Brightness. Drag the slider left to make the screen darker. 2. On the Settings screen. touch Date & time.3.3 Setting Ringers 12. 41 . your mobile phone automatically uses the date.2. touch or to adjust the date. 4.1 Adjusting the Screen Brightness 1. and time zone. and then select the desired time zone from the list. it will turn off the screen to save battery power. 12. Touch Select time zone. 7. touch > Settings. touch Sound. To set a longer or shorter idle time. 2. On the set date screen. time. and year. Touch OK to save the adjustment. Touch Set date. Touch Set time.2 Adjusting the Time Before the Screen Turns Off If your mobile phone is idle for several minutes. 12.
touch Call settings to customize your call functions. Clear the Data enabled check box.3. 2. 12.1 Customizing Call Settings You mobile phone service provider offers different services such as call forwarding. The ringtone plays when selected. 12.4. 2. and voicemail. 3. touch > Messaging. ■ Note: Accessing data services while roaming may incur additional charges. 1. Press the Volume keys to adjust volume to the level you desire. 12. or right to make it higher. > Settings > Select ringtone. touch Sound > Phone ringtone.2 Adjusting the Volume You can adjust the volume from the Home screen or any application screen. On the Settings screen.4 Changing the Message Ringtone 1. for applications that can take advantage of this feature. Ask your wireless service provider about data roaming fees. 42 . 2. touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks.12. Select the Data roaming check box. 2.3. 12.4. On the Settings screen. and then touch OK.4 Setting Phone Services 12.3 Switching off the Data Service 1.3. touch Sound > Volume. Touch the ringtone you want to use. 12.2 Turning on Data Roaming 1. The ringtone plays when selected. You can customize many of these services if they are part of your calling plan. Touch the ringtone you want to use. You can also adjust the volume from the settings screen.3 Changing the Phone Ringtone 1. touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. 2. and then touch OK. Touch OK to save the adjustment. fixed dialing numbers. 12. 3. touch In the message list. call waiting. Drag the slider left to make the volume lower. On the Settings screen. On the Settings screen. On the Settings screen. On the Home screen.5 Setting Text-to-Speech Use the Text-to-Speech settings to configure the Android text-to-speech synthesizer.4.
touch Location & security > Set up SIM card lock. 2. 12. To change your unlock screen pattern.6. 2. connect to Android Market and let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. You must flick your finger on the screen to create the pattern. Select a speed at which the text is to be spoken. do any of the following: • Touch . Use the keyboard to enter the SIM card PIN. touch Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. In the applications list. draw the screen unlock pattern again.2 Protecting Your Mobile Phone with a Screen Lock To keep your data more secure. connect at least four dots in any order you choose. On the Settings screen. 2. 3. touch Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings > Install voice data.1 Installing Voice Data 1.6. and then touch Sort by size. 3. On the Settings screen. 1. If your mobile phone does not have speech synthesizer data installed. touch Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings > Speech rate. 12.12.2 Adjusting the Speech Rate 1. horizontally or diagonally. and then touch OK. 3. 12. and then touch Confirm.7 Managing Applications 12. To change the SIM card PIN at any time.1 Turning on Your SIM Card PIN 1. touch Applications > Manage applications. touch Change SIM PIN. Flicking your finger vertically. not simply touch individual dots.1 Viewing an Installed Application 1. Follow the instructions to install the voice data. On the Settings screen. When prompted. touch Location & security > Change screen lock. 4. lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode.7. 2. Then touch an application to view its details. Touch Continue. 43 . Lift your finger from the screen when you are finished.6 Protecting Your Mobile Phone 12.5. 12. On the Settings screen.5. ■ Note: You can dial emergency numbers any time from your mobile phone. 4. Your mobile phone will record the pattern. 2. Select the Lock SIM card check box. On the Settings screen. • Touch an application directly to view its details.
including information about your Google Account.8.7. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card.12. Uninstall any downloaded programs that you no longer use. In Browser. 1. 12.7. and then touch Uninstall to remove the application from your mobile phone. Select the Back up my data check box. 2.8.2 Restoring Factory Data If you reset your phone to the settings that were configured at the factory. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings.1 Backing Up My Data You can use your Google account to back up your mobile phone’s settings to Google servers. On the Settings screen. 12. 12. touch Reset phone. When prompted. 2. On the Settings screen. touch Privacy. any other accounts. and then touch Erase everything. all of your personal data stored on the phone.8 Resetting Your Mobile Phone 12. touch Privacy > Factory data reset. 1. Touch an application. your system and application settings.2 Removing an Installed Application 1. If you replace your mobile phone. 2. and then restarts. On the Settings screen. clear all temporary Internet files and Browser history information. Reset your mobile phone. touch Applications > Manage applications. such as music clips or photos. the settings you have backed up will be transferred to the new mobile phone the first time you sign in to your Google account.3 Ways to Free Up Your Mobile Phone Memory • • • • Move files and email attachments to the microSD card. 44 . and any applications you have downloaded will be erased.
How can I change the keyboard mode? Touch and hold the area where you write text and then select the input method you prefer. if you’re on another screen.13 Appendix 13. How do I return to the calling screen? While on a call. How do I create an application shortcut on the Home screen? Touch and hold an application icon on the main menu screen until the Home screen is displayed. How do I prevent automatic switching of orientation when rotating phone? Touch > Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen to disable the function. How do I hide the keyboard? Touch to hide the keyboard. How do I stop the song playing in the background? Touch the notification bar.1 FAQ How do I set a song as phone ringtone? Touch and hold the song to be set as ringtone. and then touch the music playing notification to go to the music playing screen. and then touch Use as phone ringtone. 45 . flick downwards to open the notifications panel. and drag downwards to open the notifications panel. you can touch the notification bar. How do I set the unlock pattern? Touch > Settings > Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. Then touch the current call notification to return to the calling screen. Then drag the icon where you want it to go and release your finger.
Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. V100R001_04 .Android is a trademark of Google Inc.