This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
NET 2005/2008 - SQL SERVER - SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
• • • • • • • • • • • Multi-Tier Programming Versatile and Seasoned Professional Strong team player with initiative Leader who excels at working in groups Ability to manage multiple projects Twenty years of Proven Experience Excellent follow-up skills Supervise/Manage others respectfully Functional Manager Network hardening to meet SAS70 Secure Programming Techniques • • • • • • • • • • • Knowledgeable in the latest Microsoft Technologies Well rounded with strong programming background Understands software/hardware performance issues Excellent verbal and written communication skills Adapts well to rapidly changing environments Minds Unit, QA and User Acceptance Testing Requirements gathering from Beta to Completion Effective mentor with the ability to direct Maintains positive relationships across the board Compliance issues: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, etc. Object Oriented Programming
• • • • • • • • Dell Desktop PCs Dell Tower Servers Dell U Servers Network Hubs Wireless B/G/N Routers Backup Power Supplies External Hard Drives Wireless Notebook Wi/Fi Cards • • • • • • • • Linksys/Cisco Routers Linksys Cable Modems Netopia DSL Modems DMZ Zones Ethernet Cabling Web Cams Network Switches HTC 8525 and HTC 8529
3. 4. designed at maximizing the Company’s operations. ASP.NET Programming (contract) January 2006 through September 2008 • LanguageSpeak. contracted to create Crystal Reports .NET 3. 3. 3. Carefully strategizing an implementation plan.NET developer Contracted as needed a technical writer • Architected the modification of their existing website and created a new secure website that enabled customers to upload and download material securely.SQL SERVER . 5. 7.NET 2008 web service I created. 10.net 2008 Web Service which enabled the queries to be displayed on their HTC Pocket PC phones. Web Administration Client created for use on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server to run the scheduler built into the Windows Service • The Windows Service allowed for excellent scalability as it queried their central Ticketing System production database which meant any other field office would be able to design a custom tailored front-end GUI by simply consuming the XML from the ASP. Contracted as CIO and Director of IT to establish an official IT Department as needed for this boutique language services firm (translation in over 100 languages.0 Silverlight 2 Silverlight Grids DataTables DataSets . Creating an IT infrastructure. 2. 11.5 Framework Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Creation of a Windows Service to query their ticketing database that in turn populates the SQL 2005 database 13. 2. The project required: 1. 4.NET developer with knowledge of ASP. vendors. February 2005 through January 2009 ASP. The secure website was created in a away that clients not allowed to install third party software would be able to make their transactions securely. • Collecting requirements from the LanguageSpeak. design and incorporation of the IT Department. etc. 3. Inc. 9. Creating an ASP. Director of IT and ASP. 6. interpretation and language instruction firm) with over four hundred employees and contractors in several locations around the world including China.) Managed.NET/C# Developer (contract) November 2008 through January 2009 • Kaiser Permanente.NET C# Primarily used for shared classes between internet/intranet components (IMPORTS/USING.NET.NET and C# One Mid-Level .SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued _________________________________________________PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE__________________________________ Self-Employed Working on Various ASP. Two Senior Network Engineers One Senior DBA One Senior . and staff to determine how much manpower would be required to carry out their plans in the most efficient manner. 8. 2. 12.NET 2008 reporting system that displays Crystal Reports on a website. Brazil and Argentina This consisted of: 1. I created the website in conjunction with an Asp. both internally (among principals and staff) and externally (with clients. contractors.NET 2005/2008 . COO. this required: 1. Spain.NET Contracts. 2. VB.Ed Brown ASP. directed and supervised the creation.NET 2008 Web Service The use of Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator ActiveSync 4.NET 2005 C# and VB. Page II of XIII . The IT Staff consisted of: 1. CEO.5 Windows Forms in C# IIS 6. 5.
2. Inc.Ed Brown ASP. Involved hands-on and oversaw the completion of a DR Site (disaster recovery site) in Colorado. • Involved hands-on in the hardening of the LanguageSpeak network to pass the SAS70 review: 1.NET crystal reporting system in their intranet where: 1. 4. 3. 4. main duties included: 1. I personally wrote the LanguageSpeak. Ordering Several Dell 1U Super-Servers" that would be able to hold a VS2005 Network that mirrored LangaugeSpeak’s Head Quarter’s Desktop XP Machines which were the three servers and twelve desktop XP Professional PC’s Synchronizing the mirror site with PeerSynch Locating an offsite Data Center that was SAS certified. • Configured their internal network with Windows 2003 Server Enterprise as the domain controller. 3.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER NameSpaces) VB. 3. 2. o o o Trados Workbench TEAM Server Intranet Applications Upgrading all their existing workstations in their headquarters and worldwide to the most current version of Windows XP Professional Joining every workstation to the Primary Domain Controller Applying proper security by creating appropriate groups such as 1. Type II Independent Review Creating schedules that would ensure backups/mirrors were being successfully completed on a nightly basis with Colorado 2. L2TP Tunnels PPTP tunnels in a few very unique situations • Oversaw the creation of a . 5. IT Information and Security Policy Standards in order to Page III of XIII . 2. This included: o o o Ordering two Dell 1U Servers with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Configuring one of them to hold all the FSMO roles Configuring the second one as the application server that would host their internal applications such as: 1.NET primarily used for the front-end GUI design SQL 2005 Stored Procedures and CLR Stored Procedures Continued 4. 3. This required the user of: 1.SQL SERVER .NET 2005/2008 . 2. Microsoft Office Sharepoint 2007 was used where I ordered an extra four gigs of RAM for the application server in order that I can build a Virtual 2005 Server to create the MOSS 2007 machine Converting existing spreadsheets to dashboards Stored Procedures were used heavily in order to avoid embedded SQL Statements • • Setup satellite offices which in turn are connected to the corporate office through L2TP tunnels over Speakeasy Full T1’s. 6. Administrators Managers Project Leads Administrative Staff o • Adding the appropriate personnel to each group created in the above step Configured their VPN Barracuda device for outside access to their intranet in a secure manner.
The Tone and Schedule Analysis Tool. 2. The virtual XP machines applied to translators that did not have a laptop or desktop built by our IT department. 3. Lead ASP.NET 2005/2008 .SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued 2. having data stored insecurely on a foreign desktop or laptop). These tools containing various administrative functions aided staff members with the day-to-day operations by providing information such as when: 1. 4. 5. Forcing these translators to dial into their own personal Virtual XP Machines was not only to harden the network but to also comply with security issues imposed on us by clients such as ING Financial Services and Rooms-To-Go (i. 3. architect and develop a website and the database for NOTS (Not Off The Shelf). Interfacing with their internal IT Department when functions for certain tools where not clear and to obtain copies of databases with obfuscated data Setting up the proper development environment on my own Windows and SQL Servers to mirror a reasonable facsimile of their actual network Page IV of XIII . after the purchase by Comcast of eleven smaller cable companies. There were approximately one hundred thirty-eight Tools used internally by Comcast staff for various statistical data that needed to be converted to Microsoft . These tools inherited from the various cable companies acquired were written in many different technologies such as: 1.Ed Brown ASP. 2.NET technology in order to match the rest of their internal IT department.NET Technology.NET/C# Developer/Architect (contract) February 2007 through December 2007 • • Comcast Cable Corporation. and primarily consisted of freelance and part-time employees which numbered about fiftyfive.. 2.e.SQL SERVER . 2. Dashboards Excel Pivot Tables SQL Stored Procedures Webforms and DataBinding Use of Sharepoint 2007 Designer for some of the tools • The entire process required that I communicate with the various business units across a chosen group of power users in the Beta Test Sites 1. 4. Twin Cities Colorado Chicago Indiana • The NOTS website was geared towards MOSS 2007 and required extensive knowledge of: 1. 3. 2. I ordered a series of Dell Tower servers to build VS2005 XP machines so that all translators world-wide would be able to dial into XP machines in the United States Head Quarters office therefore ensuring that all data would always reside onsite and always be located on equipment belonging to LanguageSpeak. • • Perl Python Java VBA I was required to translate all these different tools to Microsoft . Commercial tones were missed Certain networks were not available * * A live sample of this tool. is available by clicking here: NOTS • NOTS has been deployed on a national level by Comcast and I used the following regions as Beta Testing Sites: 1. I was contracted by the Director of Operations of Comcast Spotlight to design. 4. 4. 3. a browser based toolbox rolled out to their intranet. comply with such customers as ING Financial Services.
2. therefore fundamental mistakes such as not using “NOLOCK” in SQL Stored Procedures had to be avoided at all costs. Main Screen Trader Pricing Screen Add Pricing Request Preliminary Database Design Editable Grid View Email Setup by the User Highlighted Grid Lines ASP. 4.NET/VB. such as an audit from the SEC • • The project had to be as streamlined as possible being that live trading was being conducted.NET/VB. 6. where I was their Senior Microsoft Developer for both Desktop and Browser applications from 1998 through 2004.com). in order to avoid allocating time to: 1.NET 2005/2008 .NET Web Developer (contract) May 2006 through August 2006 • • • Ryder World Headquarters.NET Developer for their IT Central Support team. Open (currently operational) Closed (closed for business or in the process of shutting down) Each of the corresponding branch locations to those sites in 1 and 2 above. 2. 2.NET The backend database was SQL 2005 Enterprise Stored procedures where used to query the already existing SQL 2005 database Dynamically displayed parameters for each report by querying each report for its parameters and then displaying it in a friendly easy to read format The product I designed was scalable as anyone could design a crystal report using Version 10 or later and dropping it into the appropriate folder.citco. Developed a browser based Web Application called Dr. For sample work done during this project please click on the following links: 1. Florida as an ASP.NET/VB. 3. A learning curve 2.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued • Completion of the project required interfacing with the various stake holders to gather: 1. 7. 3. The front-end was ASP.NET Web Developer (contract) September 2006 through November 2006 • • • • • • • • CITCO Group (www.Ed Brown ASP. which Keeps track of all Ryder assets including locations that are: 1. Input and Design Requirements What expectations they had of the product Design of the database from the bottom up Interfacing heavily with the comptroller to ensure my design would stand up to external security audits. Work as quickly as possible without little supervision or input from personnel for the specifications usually required A prototype of the main screen I designed may be viewed here: Help Desk Reports Main Screen • ASP. 4. The canned set of Crystal Reports that were included in their Help Desk application did not have the reports they were looking for and as a result was hired for a short contract to create reports that were a bit more useful to them. They needed someone that was very familiar with their internal IT infrastructure. 3. Page VI of XIII .SQL SERVER . I returned for a short 8 week project to create a Crystal . 5. Sam (Site Asset Management). in Miami.NET website to keep track of Help Desk trouble tickets.
3. 2. C# in the code-behind SQL 2005 Stored Procedures • For sample screen shots you may view the following two links: 1. 2. 2.NET website was VB.NET 2005/2008 . 5. Florida developed an online assessment tool in ASP. 3. 2. NET Web Development (contract) April 2007 through April 2008 • • Signature Corporation.NET 2005: Potential clients can log onto automobile manufacturer’s websites to receive the value for their current car and price of a new car. 3. such as: 1. Dealer Key 1 Dealer Key 2 ASP. 2. 4. Included a section for Crystal Reports used by the CFO and CEO of Signature Consultants Crystal . Sample Limited Live Website Sample Screen Shot . 4. 3. ODBC Drivers were used to circumvent a Microsoft Bug where SQL Data Adapters had an issue querying the 8i database The back-end used was SQL 2005 The code used for the ASP. • Jaguar Ford Kia The web tool.NET used in the code-behind Creation of a Windows Service coded in VB. 3.NET C# Windows Desktop Development (contract) May 2006 through August 2006 • • Veretech Systems in Boca Raton.Ed Brown • ASP. SAM Beta Version you may click on the following links: 1. one of the nation’s largest leading recruiters of IT professionals (contracted in-house in addition to screening select applicants): Worked on the design and implementation of an intranet reporting system: 1. FL.NET to pick up the various files from the various databases used by Ryder internally Stored Procedures Programmatically accessing the USPS public database to verify that Site addresses were correct • For a limited live sample of the first Ryder Dr. utilized: 1. SQL 2005 Stored procedures SQL 2005 Reporting Services Windows Forms C# • Also worked on a customized tool known as Dealer Key that helped car dealerships' customer services department track internal activities such as when to complete follow-up calls and general scheduler. 4.NET Page VII of XIII . 5. Creation of a new SQL 2005 Database VB. 2. it was written as a .SQL SERVER . 2.NET was used for the reporting section. in Fort Lauderdale.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued It required: 1.NET desktop application using: 1. known as Blackbook Online.NET/VB.
• • The Cayman Islands The British Virgin Islands Ireland The Netherlands and Switzerland During the Planning and Beta Stages during. I designed to run Crystal Reports. The main goal upon being hired was to convert their existing UNIX applications to Microsoft Technologies in the form of a “Suite of Products” The conversion process took an entire year of planning and writing Beta software and being that it is an offshore bank this included liaising with all the offices around the world and sometimes flying out to them for extended periods of time. I originally designed the application in Visual Basic 5.NET 2005/2008 .SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued intranet application was expanded on so the public website and the intranet can work centralized via asp. The design and implementation of a security COM object A “Security Administration” front end GUI that the bank controllers used for assigning access and access levels to financial data to the fourteen hundred employees through the company.x Framework a mix of code-behind was utilized with: 1 2 C# for selected shared components VB.NET for the Front-end • Also developed applications such as: 1 2 3 Consolidation Cash Matching These applications interfaced with the CODA financials Software API • A solid fundamental knowledge of secure programming techniques were absolutely necessary as our code was audited yearly by third party vendors for security holes and pitfalls such as: 1. including but not limited to: 1.0 Eventually to upgraded to Visual Basic 6. 2. Lauderdale. Developed and maintained Visual Basic Windows applications with an SQL Server backend. CITCO Group .NET on the 1. 3. 2. Additional responsibilities included: 1.Ed Brown ASP.0 Ultimately converted to ASP. The Suite of Applications also included reports which. FT.Senior Windows Developer. Dec 1998 through Sep 2004 • • • • Hired as a full time employee originally as their Lead VB 5. 3. 4. Florida. 2.net Web Services. SQL Injections Embedded SQL Statements Hard-Coded passwords Page X of XIII .SQL SERVER . Interviewing the CFO and his various controllers to gather what needed to be included in this “Security Module” • • • • • • • I recommended that the access levels be set at the NTFS level but the firm’s Controllers insisted that they wanted to be the ones to decided who has access to what and when so I had to design a Security Layer that would user friendly to Accountants and Lawyers. 3. requirements where gathered and also upgrades planned simultaneously in addition to a “wish list” was created during that phase.0 Developer eventually became the Senior Developer and then Manger of their Windows Programming Group that numbered between five and seven depending upon needs at any given moment.
0 Developer.0 was used for the front-end desktop application SQL Server 4.0 Server used as the database Visual Basic 4. Click here to view the certificate of appreciation given to me by FDLE's Special Agent in Charge. Specialized in Visual Basic 5. Page XI of XIII . Security Module (front end) Tabs Group Definition Time Card Approval Trust Processing Definition Application Bank Consolidation Application Visual Basic 5. Oct 1994 through Apr 1997 • Hired as an employee by the United States Attorney's Office where a Top Secret Clearance was required.0. Miami and Miramar.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued • Sample Work from my tenure at CITCO: 1. 5. Jim Chambliss and presented to me by Assistance Special Agent in Charge. 3. Click the following link for Sample Work: Baxter Medical Sample Work VB 4.2 as the database During July 1996 they gave me a new assignment detached me to the South Florida Investigative Support Center which housed 1 2 FBI JDIG (Joint Drug Intelligence Group spearheaded by the Federal Bureau of Investigation) FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) • I co-wrote RAP (Regional Apprehension Program) for use by their under cover agents. was used for the front-end desktop application • • I was not given permission to show or display examples or screen shots of the application nor am I allowed to disclose any details of the application other than simple general information for purposes such as this resume. Databases included SQL Server 4.0 eventually upgraded to VB 6. Michael Washam. Corporate HQ.5.NET 2005/2008 . The Regional Apprehension Program was used to: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Keep track of "Street Gangs" and their members and leaders Gangs’ monikers “Tags” Hand gestures gangs to identify themselves Keep track of Undercover Agents assigned to infiltrate these gangs SQL 6.0.SQL SERVER . Florida. Assignments entailed intensive stored procedures and programmatically uploading information from an Excel spreadsheet into the SQL Server.0/Access Developer May 1997 through November 1998 • • • • • Contracted by Baxter Medical Clinics. Visual Basic 4.2 eventually upgraded to SQL 6. 4. 2. They would "detach" me to whichever Law Enforcement unit they deemed was in need of my skill set. During my first assignment I was: 1 2 3 4 • • • detached to the Miami HIDTA's (High Intensity Drug Task force) While working at the Miami HIDTA I participated in the design and development of TARS (Treatment Automated Referral System) which was used to keep track of various drug treatment clinics' activities.Ed Brown ASP.
making sure the vans were fully stocked with supplies and that all equipment was accounted for and simply learning the trade from the Licensed Electricians on how to ensure compliance with applicable codes. Electrical Technician. Miami Florida. Eastern Airlines used to me make the Ultimate Decision by inspecting the equipment and sometimes flying me out to the site to inspect their electrical outlets. “System One. and Tutoring Algebra through Calculus. Eastern Airlines. and PC Programming. COBOL Programmer. testing electrical outlets. Programming. When their Travel Agencies had issues installing it and getting it to function correctly on their Windows 3. During my first year I worked as an apprentice to a group of highly skilled Electricians where my duties mainly included running cables. currently the President and CEO of Amadeus. since “Out of Scope” billing was a rather sensitive subject that dealt with surprising Travel Agencies that they were about to be billed several thousand dollars. I wrote multiple programs to accomplish a large data conversion effort for use with TEMS (Technical Equipment Management System). in which they utilized my expertise as an Electrician to help their Ticketing Reservation system. regulations. Worked on upgrading an old dBase III Plus application to Access for a small private auto insurance firm in Miami.” reclaim money from the Eastern Airlines Travel Agencies. Also. During the months of January 1991 through May 1991 I took on a pet project on my own time and wrote a reporting system in dBase III Plus for the Customer Services Department for which I was nominated as Employee of The Month during July 1991 and eventually was given a plaque in August 1991 for Employee of The Month in a department of over four hundred employees. Worked primarily with Access and Visual Basic 3.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued Private Contract Work.2 was the primary backend used during my projects. and then eventually migrating into Microsoft Access. Eastern Airlines went completely bankrupt and permanently closed its doors. Towards 1990 they started to head into financial trouble and one of the ways they reclaimed money was by tightening up on their “Out of Scope” billing. They had a small group of Super Techs in New York City to do this. but for the charges that were disputed by the Travel Agency. Access used as backend as well. Miami Florida. Click here for a copy of the letter of Recommendation for Employee of the Month. which was the PC Software used by their Travel Agencies. By the end of 1990 they gave me a second hat to wear and had me support C-Series. Physics. On the average I tutored three nights a week and during “finals” week tutored for two weeks straight. Click here as a sample of my duties as “Out of Scope” expert.0 while working my way through college. and Chemistry. Page XII of XIII . governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations applicable to the zone in question. upon which I decided to dedicate myself fulltime to obtaining my Engineering degrees • • • • • • • P & Sons Electrical.x computers.2 database on the back end.Ed Brown ASP. January 1986 through November 1987 • • During my second year I worked towards my Journeyman Electricians License where my duties included more actual Electrical Work and learning the Dade County codes while they paid for my night and weekend classes at officially approved Dade County Electrician Schools. I was wearing multiple hats and also migrated my way into their PC Programming division where I wrote Programs in dBase III Plus and then dBase IV. The dBase application was upgraded by me to VB 3. Click here to view a Letter of Compliment from my direct supervisor and her boss. Wrote an online CICS transaction system that allowed the user to view cross-reference files by entering the primary key of one of four alternate indexes.NET 2005/2008 .0 with a SQL 4. Electrician. January 1992 through June 1994 • • • • • • Private math tutor at the University of Miami in all levels of math up to Advanced Calculus. Click here for a copy of the “Effect Communications” certificate I was awarded.SQL SERVER . Eastern Airlines sent me to an “Effective Communications” course that taught me how to approach the customers in the best possible manner while trying not to upset them too much. Jr. basic soldering. Click here to see my Eastern Airlines Employee Badge. In December of 1991. Kay T Urban. December 1987 through December 1991. Extensively utilized VSAM files in batch mode. As a Junior CICS-COBOL programmer. SQL 4. • By 1991. Torrens Insurance. they would call me for support and as needed fly me out to the actual site for the larger VIP clients.
While wiring a house one day I met my future boss at Eastern Airlines. First and Second honors were awarded to the top two students in the third grade that consisted of approximately one hundred twenty pupils spread out through four classes. Florida. Click the following links for snapshots of my COBOL. Florida. Florida. Associate in Arts degree.SQL SERVER . monthly Microsoft User Group Meetings _________________________EDUCATIONAL Background. Florida.NET.SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Continued ___________________________________________________TRAINING HISTORY_________________________________________ • • • VSLive annually in Orlando. I began Attending VBits in 1998 and continued through its evolution into VSLive after the release of ASP.NET 2005/2008 . January 1992 to June 1994 Miami-Dade Community College. Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering. December 1985. Click here for a picture of my C# Training Certification and here for a picture of my VB. Coral Gables. I answered an Ad for an apprenticeship and had on the job training at P & Sons Electric while working towards my Journeyman’s Electricians License in Dade County Florida once I turned eighteen years of age.NET Training Certification. Click the following to view my three Second Honors awards for the First Quarter.1919plazareal. Degrees.com _____________________________________REFERENCES____________________________________________ • Excellent Professional and Personal references are available upon request. Click here for a picture of my VBits-99 bag and pass during my second year at VBits and click here for my latest VSLive Pass. Ron Williams. At the end of each Quarter or Grading Period. Maida Williams was the Assistant Principal of HML High School and eventually wrote for me a personal reference letter that eventually helped me land my job at the United States Attorney’s Office. Inc in Jacksonville. Advanced Basic. . and Fortran IV Certifications I earned at the age of sixteen. • • _________________________________________FOREIGN LANGUAGES_______________________________________ • Fluent in Spanish.NET Training and Certification with JARRODIAN.Ed Brown ASP. whose wife. ____________________________________ONLINE RESUME__________________________________________ • Online resume: http://resume. Inc. Second Quarter. and Certifications_______________________ • • • University of Miami. At age seventeen I enrolled myself in college to pursue an AA degree and took an interest in electrical work. Page XIII of XIII . Homnick Systems. Primarily straight-A student from the third grade on. Graduated from High School at the age of fifteen and proceeded to take advanced courses in computer programming. in Boca Raton. and Third Quarter and click here to see my First Honors award during my third grade year at Benjamin Franklin School in New Jersey.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.