This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Abdullah Al-‐Sabah General Manager Tawseel General Trading W.L.L. Kuwait
• Lack of Quality InformaCon across the Gulf/ME
• Key Business StaCsCcs (Sales Figures, New Business Starts …etc) • Key Technology StaCsCcs (Internet AdopCon, Mobile PenetraCon ..etc) • Key Behavior StaCsCcs (Search StaCsCcs, Demographics …etc)
(building own infobank)
• Red-‐tape and RegulaCons issues Slowing Cross-‐Boarder Goods Movement
• GCC countries should acCvely enforce the costume union
• LogisCc providors should start oﬀering aﬀordable consumer and e-‐ commerce soluCons. They are focusing on Large Enterprises (Missing Growth opportuniCes with SMBs and Consumers)
• Lack of cross boarder soluCons • Expensive setup and ongoing cost àBanks are geWng our cashﬂow/Revenues à We are not asking for faciliCes!! à we should get an incenCve in return (Just one secure aﬀordable connecCon is all we need) • No proper Technical Support.
Focus on Convenience Represents around 80-‐90% of current e-‐Commerce & Online Payments • Examples:
• Airfare/Events TickeCng
• Certainty, choice and convenience
• ISPs, Mobile Operators, …etc.
The Trend in the USA was Vice Versa SMB à Large Enterprises à Government
• • • • • The Idea LogisCcs (Red Tape + High Cost) Purchasing (Eﬃcient + Responsive to Consumer Needs) MarkeCng (Online + Oﬄine + Onsite) Costumer Service (Call center + Online presence even thru social media) It’s a proﬁt center … Technology
• Lack of local credible talent • Focus on Outsourcing
• Price Loyalty Vs Brand/Convenience Loyalty (LocalizaCon) • Video and Visual descripCons of products. (On items that we oﬀer videos conversions increase) • Digital Products (Copy right issues) • Social/InteracCon with Costumers (Ideas & Revenue Driver) have proper feedback and recommendaCon tools • M-‐Commerce
• Its about driving the traﬃc not a just a payment soluCon
• Have a device agnosCc website • (mobile Apps Vs Web Apps à HTML5) 6